• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else sorta feeling overwhelmed with the number of new dungeons/monsters/etc? Seems like every time I turn around there is some dungeon to prepare for to run, but I never have time to prepare for the dungeon, etc.

I prefer this over the opposite situation we had until 5.0 hit, which was only getting something once a month. The good thing is that with the accelerated events schedule you can be fairly confident that the dungeon will roll around again soon. Except for Poring Tower, but at least it's not a difficult dungeon.

After two disastrous starts in 2-heroes (went in with resist team, devils wiped me) I decided to try my blue Noel team.

Yeah 0-stoned it twice so far... Got 2 berserks, need a chu chu...

Maybe this time will be better

Edit: well that's a third berserk... And no skill up either... Very frustrated.

ccbfan

Give me some of your berserks!!

Got only highlander so way.

Went with

Noel
Ancient Fire (Realised this was faster than Succubus)
Ancient Water
Max skill siren
Max skill siren
Noel

The main difficulty is always the first set of demons. Past that? Easy but slow.

First try with mono red:
Board only yields 2 red orbs. End up dying to devils.

Went to sleep to regen stamina.

Second try with mono red:
Get to 4th floor with all vamps on the same timer. Get wiped.

Use 1 stone to replenish stamina.

Third try with mono red:
Get 2 vamps on same timer. Dungeon cleared. Highlander drop.

Team setup was shiva shiva enchilada enchilada Horus and red giant Gigas.

Abandond

Is it just me or does the weekend dungeon on novice give an insane amount of gold chests? I got about 20k, lol.

And are the drop rates for the rare monsters from the pal egg machine ever increased? Cause I'll just wait to use my points if that's the case.

Slottm

Neo Member
Is it just me or does the weekend dungeon on novice give an insane amount of gold chests? I got about 20k, lol.

And are the drop rates for the rare monsters from the pal egg machine ever increased? Cause I'll just wait to use my points if that's the case.

All that drops are gold chests, that's the purpose of the dungeon. A little rank exp and a way to replenish gold supply rather easily.

Who did you target first in the last stage

Berserker. Fired off Enchilda and then Parv+Artemis. I think he only attacked me once.

two heroes crushed my mono green (parv + arti) team first level

the multicolored devils were just too much.

am cry.

what levels? That's the same team i ran and it was pretty easy. 5 orb match wiped all devils except fire. stalled a few turns then then ended him.

Fourth run of 2-heroes, at least I got a vamp drop. Probably not skill up though. Still hoping for chu chu

Edit: fourth time is a charm! Got my chu chu! Now I just need a green leader and I will have an awesome three orb changer green team! Four if I get an Artemis tonight

Jagernaut

1 stoned 2 Heroes with my Blue Noel team and got Highlander. I had to use a stone on the 3rd round of the first stage. I ran out of hearts and my 2 max skilled Sirens needed 2 more rounds to charge. It was smooth sailing afterwards. I will try it again later and hopefully Berserk will drop.

Those of you who beat it with a mono green team what level were your team members? I have a Freyja, Parvati, ADK (no skillups), Bastet, and Wood Mechwarrior Asgard all between levels 42 and 58. Would that be enough with a Artemis helper?

Re Rolling alt account for boredom. Pulled a hades. My first god pull. Decided to run with him for awhile. Using my first stones for two pulls when godfest starts hoping for a better leader. If not rerolling again till i get lucifer.

1 stoned 2 Heroes with my Blue Noel team and got Highlander. I had to use a stone on the 3rd round of the first stage. I ran out of hearts and my 2 max skilled Sirens needed 2 more rounds to charge. It was smooth sailing afterwards. I will try it again later and hopefully Berserk will drop.

Those of you who beat it with a mono green team what level were your team members? I have a Freyja, Parvati, ADK (no skillups), Bastet, and Wood Mechwarrior Asgard all between levels 42 and 58. Would that be enough with a Artemis helper?

You would need about 26k hp to tank 3 vamps and more than 16k damage for highlander. I recommend enchilda for delay though...helped me a ton

Radav

Man... I had the luckiest Gold Dragon run I've ever had earlier and for whatever reason the screenshot I took didn't save right. I got 3 Kings and 2 Highs in one run! Had that run never happened I would have been extremely annoyed with the rest of the runs I did. I got 9 kings and 9 highs out of 15 runs which is ok but I always expect a little better with the golds since they're so damn rare and there are 6 floors available for a king spawn.

Abandond

4t9VYCy.png

This is my current set up. My plan is to get 15-20 stones and roll 3-4 times on the rare egg machine with the 3x drop rate. If I dont get a god, should I reroll my account until I get one after the tutorial?

Edit: and what does +1 on a monster mean? I have a purple carbuncle with +1.

lenni

I would wait and see what you roll during God fest. If you don't pull anything you can build a team around I'd reroll.
While Shardra isn't useless, it is in general still eclipsed by Siren as she has the same active but is more versatile due to her stats.

And +1 means that the monster's got a bonus on one of the stats. You'll see which one when you check the monster's info. You can transfer +stats to other monsters by fusing.

J0dy77

After two disastrous starts in 2-heroes (went in with resist team, devils wiped me) I decided to try my blue Noel team.

Yeah 0-stoned it twice so far... Got 2 berserks, need a chu chu...

Maybe this time will be better

Edit: well that's a third berserk... And no skill up either... Very frustrated.

Give me some of your berserks!!

Got only highlander so way.

Keep at it. When I got the duo it took me 4 tries to get the highlander. Got 3 berserkers first.

Abandond

I would wait and see what you roll during God fest. If you don't pull anything you can build a team around I'd reroll.
While Shardra isn't useless, it is in general still eclipsed by Siren as she has the same active but is more versatile due to her stats.

And +1 means that the monster's got a bonus on one of the stats. You'll see which one when you check the monster's info. You can transfer +stats to other monsters by fusing.

Alrighty. How would I know if I can build a team around a certain god? Is there a list or something?

lenni

Alrighty. How would I know if I can build a team around a certain god? Is there a list or something?

There's a section in the OP about worthwhile first pulls, but for the Gods in today's God fest:
Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Persephone or Archangel Lucifer.

Other picks would be Freya, Idunn&Idunna, Freyja, Shiva, Lakshmi, Parvati and Loki, but those don't have a higher hit rate during today's fest. Except for Loki,as he's covered with the ongoing dark week.
I'd say you should just do your pulls and ask again, because my advise is by no means final and others could very well have another opinion.

Abandond

There's a section in the OP about worthwhile first pulls, but for the Gods in today's God fest:
Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Persephone or Archangel Lucifer.

Other picks would be Freya, Idunn&Idunna, Freyja, Shiva, Lakshmi, Parvati and Loki, but those don't have a higher hit rate during today's fest. Except for Loki,as he's covered with the ongoing dark week.
I'd say you should just do your pulls and ask again, because my advise is by no means final and others could very well have another opinion.

Alright, thanks. Ill do just that.

4t9VYCy.png

This is my current set up. My plan is to get 15-20 stones and roll 3-4 times on the rare egg machine with the 3x drop rate. If I dont get a god, should I reroll my account until I get one after the tutorial?

Edit: and what does +1 on a monster mean? I have a purple carbuncle with +1.

I would not waste money on stones with your monster box. Now would be a great time to reroll and find a viable starter. Once you have one, then you could buy the stones for more God pulls.

mercviper

Ran 2 heros 4 times so far.

First time ran with ares/tyrranos leaders and killed the vampires too fast so I didn't have cooldowns ready when facing the final stage and didn't have enough gas to take out highlander and ate too much damage from him early.

Second time I tried with noel+shiva leaders and ended up spending 2 stones to finish because I ran out of hearts during vamp and final stage.

3rd I died round 1 because only 2 fire orbs spawned and I paired my heal orbs in my first action without thinking, leaving me with none for the second action.

4th time I ran ares/tyrranos again and kept 1 vamp alive to charge skills, allowing me to 0 stone clear it.

Both drops were highlanders though, so I still need to run it if I want berserk.

Edit: 5th run, zero stones, berserk dropped. whoo! exp/stamina gains for this dungeon suck though so I think running poring tower to skill them up would be best.

Abandond

I would not waste money on stones with your monster box. Now would be a great time to reroll and find a viable starter. Once you have one, then you could buy the stones for more God pulls.
I didnt buy any stones, those are from ranking up/clearing dungeons. So you think I should reroll now and get a good starter? That would also allow me to rank/clear enough for more gods.

I didnt buy any stones, those are from ranking up/clearing dungeons. So you think I should reroll now and get a good starter? That would also allow me to rank/clear enough for more gods.

Sorry, I misread your post. Yeah, by all means, use the stones first and see if you get a great starter. If not, I highly suggest you start over and reroll until you get one.

Quantum

Berserker. Fired off Enchilda and then Parv+Artemis. I think he only attacked me once.

what levels? That's the same team i ran and it was pretty easy. 5 orb match wiped all devils except fire. stalled a few turns then then ended him.

I'm guessing too low, all about level 50 except parvati who is only 38

that and I had *terrible* luck only 1 3 match with green in the first 4 moves, gonna try it again though :)

mercviper

Wow I need 3 mystic masks each for berserk/highlander to fully evolve them? lol guess I know what I'm running wednesday since it's 2x drop.

J0dy77

Nope, still can't 0-stone 2heroes...

I haven't seen it mentioned around the board this week. Don't forget about the Fortoytops/Neptune (Abyss) strat for 2 Heroes. I was able to farm it with no stones each time when the dungeon came around awhile back. If anyone needs me to put up the fortoytops I have it available. Just need to make sure your HP goes over 12780 to ensure you zero stone.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1080

Lumiere

Neo Member
I want to try the triple resist setup, mono-fire didn't work for me (can't heal back up fast enough). Anyone here has a high level Abyss Neptune? I only have a Fortoytops to use :/

(My ID is 348149216)

J0dy77

Wow I need 3 mystic masks each for berserk/highlander to fully evolve them? lol guess I know what I'm running wednesday since it's 2x drop.

Ha! Yup, that really hurt. But once you get chu chu the hero and see the ridiculous stats it's all worth it. Mine is only lvl 41 and has 2100hp and 1238atk.

I haven't seen it mentioned around the board this week. Don't forget about the Fortoytops/Neptune (Abyss) strat for 2 Heroes. I was able to farm it with no stones each time when the dungeon came around awhile back. If anyone needs me to put up the fortoytops I have it available. Just need to make sure your HP goes over 12780 to ensure you zero stone.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1080

I don't have enough EXP pumped into my Neptune team for dual resist strategy to work, unfortunately.

Cerity

Tried two heroes last night, no greens in round one = dead.
Tried it again this morning, couldn't keep up the heals against the vamps.

Either I wait for next time and bring a levelled fortoytops or hope I pull an artemis when godfest starts.

Quantum

Trip three:

all three vampires on the same timer, couldn't heal enough although got one of them down to about 30% health and the others at 70%

so, some progress but just not enough and wont have the stamina to try it again this time.

I can use my rare pull now too correct? 11:11 est godfest start 11 minutes ago?

Abandond

Got Titan and Dino Rider from the rare eggs. Guess I am going to reroll a bunch now huh? Which starter should I go for? I'm pretty patient.

Trip three:

all three vampires on the same timer, couldn't heal enough although got one of them down to about 30% health and the others at 70%

so, some progress but just not enough and wont have the stamina to try it again this time.

I can use my rare pull now too correct? 11:11 est godfest start 11 minutes ago?

The rare egg machine page changed for me and shows the event so yes I assume so.

xCobalt

Made a few pulls. Got Loki, Artemis, Highlander, Thanatos, Dark golem, Drall, Toytops, and Ice golem. Only duplicate was Loki, Highlander and the Ice golem. I'll definitely make use of Artemis though.

Apparently on Facebook and on the forums everyone is saying "do not roll". The reason being that no one has been able to pull any of the "increased rate" gods at least not at any rate similar to previous godfests.

I wish I had known, but seeing all star eggs is so disappointing. I have never pulled that many times on a godfest and only received three star monsters.

Apparently on Facebook and on the forums everyone is saying "do not roll". The reason being that no one has been able to pull any of the "increased rate" gods at least not at any rate similar to previous godfests.

I wish I had known, but seeing all star eggs is so disappointing. I have never pulled that many times on a godfest and only received three star monsters.

Saw someone on SA throw down 200 stones and got nothing but an Anubis.

GungHo has been good about compensating people for their fuckups. The first godfest I was in back during Christmas they accidentally set the REM to spit out PAL monsters, and they compensated them heavily for it.

Abandond

Saw someone on SA throw down 200 stones and got nothing but an Anubis.

GungHo has been good about compensating people for their fuckups. The first godfest I was in back during Christmas they accidentally set the REM to spit out PAL monsters, and they compensated them heavily for it.

Damn. Guess I'll wait before I start rerolling then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom