• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok Heres the green team I got. Bolded is what I've been using.

• Evil Ceres (62)
  • Ancient Wood (41)
  • Marine Rider Robin (32)
  • Parv (81)
  • Skydragon (21)
  • Michael (12)
  • ADK (66)
  • ADK (51)
  • GED (27)
  • Hellwind Taur (29)
  • Slyph (30)
  • Toytops (19)
  • Chimera (14)
  • Highlander (38)

Will probably replace ADK with Highlander once I pump him up a bit. I like the Ancient Wood for the active skill. Does Michael fit in there anywhere as a sub...or should I boost him and use a leader with Parv sub. Paired with Artemis gives me 4/4/2 instead of 3/3/1.5

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I forgot how hard it was at the beginning without decent monsters. My alt account is feeling the burn with low team costs and lack of major healers and orb changers.

daw840

What the hell? I got 3 compensation stones....

I guess that's cool. I didn't roll during the first two hours of the Godfest, but it seems as though the compensation stones should be in multiples of 5, no?

What the hell? I got 3 compensation stones....

I guess that's cool. I didn't roll during the first two hours of the Godfest, but it seems as though the compensation stones should be in multiples of 5, no?

compensation stones are for everyone. If you pulled during the fuax-fest...you get 'compensation pulls' (equivilant to how many pulls you made)

The original compensation stones were only for people who pulled betwee 8:00-10:15pm as soon as the Godfest started, and was a full refund of all stones spent.

Today's compensation was just a "sorry our bad" thing and is exactly 3 stones regardless if you rolled during the period it was fucked up or not.

ParityBit

The original compensation stones were only for people who pulled betwee 8:00-10:15pm as soon as the Godfest started, and was a full refund of all stones spent.

Today's compensation was just a "sorry our bad" thing and is exactly 3 stones regardless if you rolled during the period it was fucked up or not.

And using those 3 stone, plus the 1 I had, and one more for trying to finish a level I had 5. Made a pull during this awesome fest ...

... Dryad ....

My days of this game are more numbered than I had thought.

T-Matt

Pulled Archangel Michael and the compensation stones today got me Loki. No Lucifer but still better than the trolls some got.

Wanchan

Received my 100 days stone and gathered 5 stones (2 from completing dungeons and 3 stones from compensation) :

Mystic Dark Knight
Siren
Persephone (fuck yes!)

I now have all the greek gods (need to level them now...).

Jason

Did way too many pulls yesterday and only got Anubis. -__-

7 pulls today and I get:

Ares
War Deity Ares!!
Archangel Gabriel
Archangel Lucifer!!

J0dy77

Need some help figuring out a Hermes team. Maxed him out quickly and will evolve him tomorrow. Was thinking along the lines of this:

swQe00E.png

Anything I'm missing? I can use blue mech and siren when necessary. What is the most ideal team?

Need some help figuring out a Hermes team. Maxed him out quickly and will evolve him tomorrow. Was thinking along the lines of this:

Anything I'm missing? I can use blue mech and siren when necessary. What is the most ideal team?

That's my exact water team except I have Abyss Neptune and everyone is evolved. It seems to work really well. I've never felt the need to use Siren though. Also this team is relatively low on RCV with Hermes instead of Lakshmi so I don't know about a blue mech.

maks

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the game. I did some rolling and came out with two pretty good monsters. Only rolled 6 times to get these :). Which account should I continue playing with? I leaned towards 2 since Ares seemed cool and I think I got pretty lucky on my first pull.

Account 1) Green Odin. I stopped here, grabbed my account number and re-rolled.

Account 2) Red Ares and Chaos Dragon Knight (Got the Knight on my first pull after the tutorial)

dammit. don't make me pull again....I can't take anymore sad.
The dangers of having a dedicated community. You tend to remember the people who cashed out rather than the ones who got E A R T H G O L E M'd and think people are getting way luckier than most of us actually are. The "grass is always greener" effect also gets amplified.

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the game. I did some rolling and came out with two pretty good monsters. Only rolled 6 times to get these :). Which account should I continue playing with? I leaned towards 2 since Ares seemed cool and I think I got pretty lucky on my first pull.

Account 2) Red Ares and Chaos Dragon Knight (Got the Knight on my first pull after the tutorial)

Ares is a good pull but CDK is a farmable monster. Personally, if you are happy then I would say go for it but I think there would be a fair number of other players who suggest you go for the re-roll.

daw840

Were you referring to me? (Static@GAF) I was running the blue sapphire dungeon with my green team, switched back to Ares now.
Yeah lol. You're my last Ares friend! The other guy hasn't been on in 9 days...thanks though!

I still would love a few others!

Edit: still not showing for me.

Radav

I would vote for sticking with Ares if you're not into re-rolling a whole bunch. Green Odin is nice but you'll get a lot more every day use out of Ares once you get a Fire team going. If you really wanna go for the best possible thing you cold get right now, keep rolling until you get Archangel Lucifer. The current godfest ends tonight at 11pm EST. So there's a much higher chance to get him then normal.

Any reason to keep two Yomis? I got a dupe during godfest, and I figured I could feed it to skill up perhaps.

Duplicate gods are the weirdest monsters ever. I would hold on to Yomi for a bit longer in case Japanese gods get busty evolves similar to the old Greek gods. It is the reason why I have multiple shivas, and two archangel raphaels.

Splat

Hrm, guess I should have read up on legendary green dragon first. Didn't bring anything to break armor, don't feel like grinding through 30k hp 1hp at a time. Cya later 50 stam.

Go with Account 2. Ares is awesome, and CDK is awesome. Getting 2 really good rares as your first 2 pulls is awesome. Sure CDK is farmable, but you already pulled it at Lvl.30 fully-evolved. Even if you got a Mystic Dark Knight from today's dungeon, it would take quite a while to fully evolve it, since you're just starting out. You probably won't be able to farm today's Dark Knight dungeon, since you're just starting out. But if you somehow get together a team that can, any MDK that drop can be fed to your CDK for skill-ups. Though, I'd also keep a second MDK before I started trying for skill-ups on your CDK.

ok Heres the green team I got. Bolded is what I've been using.

• Evil Ceres (62)
  • Ancient Wood (41)
  • Marine Rider Robin (32)
  • Parv (81)
  • Skydragon (21)
  • Michael (12)
  • ADK (66)
  • ADK (51)
  • GED (27)
  • Hellwind Taur (29)
  • Slyph (30)
  • Toytops (19)
  • Chimera (14)
  • Highlander (38)

Will probably replace ADK with Highlander once I pump him up a bit. I like the Ancient Wood for the active skill. Does Michael fit in there anywhere as a sub...or should I boost him and use a leader with Parv sub. Paired with Artemis gives me 4/4/2 instead of 3/3/1.5
Michael has an awesome active skill for a mono-green team. No other Wood monster converts useless Light and Dark orbs into useful ones, and his skill converts both at the same time. He can replace Evil Ceres, if you prefer to keep the Ancient Dragon in the lineup and are already replacing an ADK with Cu Chu.

And Michael+Artemis is 4/2/2, not 4/4/2. I'm not really sure which I'd prefer between leading with Parvati or Michael when teamed up with Artemis. Michael is more defensive, and Parvati is more offensive. I'd have to playtest it to see if I could live with only 2x ATK. I actually might prefer Parvati/Freyja leaders for 1.5/3/3. Freyja's active gives you a 1.5x ATK boost, and Artemis' active skill can be duplicated with an ADK+Cu Chu activation.

Quantum

well P&D got as high as the 9th top grossing game yesterday, since that its been falling again.

(currently at 16th)

I think prior to the godfest and special dungeons it was hovering around 50-60th

every time there is an event it starts making more (which makes sense)

its just odd that they don't constantly have events running.

personally forgot to bring lilth to the new dungeon and didn't realize it was 62k defense on the new dragon. oh well.

maybe tomorrow - or maybe time for a break after all my recent crappy pulls.

(over three accounts (rank 123,28 and 10) each got 1 compensatory roll for rolling at 8:15 pdt and each got another with the 3 stones the next day - 9 total rare rolls over two days - nothing to show for it, not one beneficial mob and only 2 were dark...)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did my free pulls on my other account and got poo. I am trying to decide if its worth just spending coin there and hoping for Lucifer or just pulling more on my new account...

maks

Ares is a good pull but CDK is a farmable monster. Personally, if you are happy then I would say go for it but I think there would be a fair number of other players who suggest you go for the re-roll.

I would vote for sticking with Ares if you're not into re-rolling a whole bunch. Green Odin is nice but you'll get a lot more every day use out of Ares once you get a Fire team going. If you really wanna go for the best possible thing you cold get right now, keep rolling until you get Archangel Lucifer. The current godfest ends tonight at 11pm EST. So there's a much higher chance to get him then normal.

Go with Account 2. Ares is awesome, and CDK is awesome. Getting 2 really good rares as your first 2 pulls is awesome. Sure CDK is farmable, but you already pulled it at Lvl.30 fully-evolved. Even if you got a Mystic Dark Knight from today's dungeon, it would take quite a while to fully evolve it, since you're just starting out. You probably won't be able to farm today's Dark Knight dungeon, since you're just starting out. But if you somehow get together a team that can, any MDK that drop can be fed to your CDK for skill-ups. Though, I'd also keep a second MDK before I started trying for skill-ups on your CDK.

Thanks guys! I certainly can't complain with Account 2. Since the god fest is going to last till 8pm im going to try a few more pulls. If Lucifer doesn't show up then I will be more than happy with Ares and Chaos Dark Knight.

massoluk

Banned
Oh my. Had 1 stone yesterday, woke up and got 3 stones from Gung Ho in the morning. Finished up Talos Abyss to get another stone, hit the machine for one last time before God Fest is over...

LVL 30 Persephone! It's not Lucifer, but I'll fucking take her.

Anyone have experience with Horus? How viable is it in end game dungeons and what sort of team do you need?

Horus teams can tackle Descended dungeons including Valkyrie, and in fact are kind of the only way for mortal not-tubegameplayer men to beat her.

The biggest flaw of Horus/Isis teams are their complete lack of survivability, so a delayer (Orochi, Naga) and/or damage reducer (Susanoo, golems, Thief if you play JP) are required. There will be turns where you will have to tank hits to either fix a broken board or stall to charge up skills.

Dual-elements are of course a big boon, especially if you don't have an Orochi and need 5 color coverage with Naga. Hera-Is and I guess Zeus-Dios both conveniently provide Gravity effects as well as two elements. The upcoming Valkyrie and Choo Choo busties will also be great for color coverage as well as heartbreaking.

SaintR

Comp pull.... Dryad ...don't do it to yourselves

Edit:
Just to give myself perspective for the next godfest, the comp being my last pull

After pulling 8 times I got one God, that God being Archangel Lucifer, it still hurts since everything else was fodder. I mean at least a useful non-god would have sufficed but I guess I can't complain...

BlueSteel

God I suck at matching orbs or have horrible luck. Did Ancient wood dragon on master with dual lucifers and got owned again. Was stupid and spent a stone too. Gah.

Michael has an awesome active skill for a mono-green team. No other Wood monster converts useless Light and Dark orbs into useful ones, and his skill converts both at the same time. He can replace Evil Ceres, if you prefer to keep the Ancient Dragon in the lineup and are already replacing an ADK with Cu Chu.

And Michael+Artemis is 4/2/2, not 4/4/2. I'm not really sure which I'd prefer between leading with Parvati or Michael when teamed up with Artemis. Michael is more defensive, and Parvati is more offensive. I'd have to playtest it to see if I could live with only 2x ATK. I actually might prefer Parvati/Freyja leaders for 1.5/3/3. Freyja's active gives you a 1.5x ATK boost, and Artemis' active skill can be duplicated with an ADK+Cu Chu activation.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Means I can pretty much utilize every orb color by switching around. Losing Ceres skill will be a pain, been using it as a crutch for a while haha.

Will be a while until I can use ChooChoo.....hes still a lvl 38 highlander.

Thanks!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Means I can pretty much utilize every orb color by switching around. Losing Ceres skill will be a pain, been using it as a crutch for a while haha.

Will be a while until I can use ChooChoo.....hes still a lvl 38 highlander.

Thanks!
No prob. Regarding losing Ceres' skill, Michael's skill still provides Heart orbs, too. And with RCV multiplier could be just as good as a full heal while having a lower cooldown and also creating more Wood orbs. And at max level, he still has 611 RCV, which isn't as good as Ceres, but nothing to scoff at.

Damn. I'm already gonna run out of box space today. And I still have to stock up on Rainbow Keepers tomorrow, and hold out until Thursday. I'm gonna have to skip a lot of the Dragon dungeons.

Oublieux

Could anyone clue me in on what the point of evolve masks are? I nabbed a Divine Gold Mask and still have no clue what use it would be for. I'm fairly new and have just sort of been playing my way through the game but don't know any of the intricacies at all.

Could anyone clue me in on what the point of evolve masks are? I nabbed a Divine Gold Mask and still have no clue what use it would be for. I'm fairly new and have just sort of been playing my way through the game but don't know any of the intricacies at all.

it's an evo material. Check your monsters in puzzledragonx.com to see what materials are needed for evolution (must be at max level).

Also, most monsters will tell you what they are based on their type. You shouldn't be rostering evo materials under normal circumstances.

maks

ok, so I rolled a few more times and realized that I only needed to play one more dungeon past the tutorial to get a second crack at the REM. I ended up with these...

1) Ares and Artemis

2) Ares and Chaos Dark Knight

3) Persephone and Thanatos Dark Elemental

4) Archangel Uriel and Archangel Raphael (+1)

5) Archangel Raphael and Susano

I was thinking option 1 is the best but just realized their skills kinda overlap. Ares changes Water and Heal while Artemis changes Fire and Heal. Option 2 doesn't overlap like this. 3 and 4 also sound interesting. What would you guys do?

ccbfan

These angels are freakin fantastic.

Just ran some

Freya
Gigas
Fire Guardian
Fire Swordsman
Enchilada
Uriel

Since Fire is usually High HP and low RCV. 2/2/4 lends very well to a safe yet offensive party, Plus Uriel's active is fantastic. Heal when you need it and offensive when combined with Gigas which is easy to max.

Also tested out Gabriel with a Noel/Siren/Mech Dragon/Water Guradian/Ancient Dragon team. 50K plus HP and 15K plus heal per match and decent combo. Didn't know that the last floor of the first dungeon in Starlight Sanctuary had high def so could not finish. Pretty much couldn't die though with Siren and Gabriel.

ccbfan

ok, so I rolled a few more times and realized that I only needed to play one more dungeon past the tutorial to get a second crack at the REM. I ended up with these...

1) Ares and Artemis

I was thinking option 1 is the best but just realized their skills kinda overlap. Ares changes Water and Heal while Artemis changes Fire and Heal. Option 2 doesn't overlap like this. 3 and 4 also sound interesting. What would you guys do?

Easily 1 for starting.

Red and Green are the easier colors to build up. You won't used them together. Start with whichever you get better monsters of.

4 is good too but not so much as starters but later in the game.

xCobalt

1) Ares and Artemis

I'd go with 1. You won't be having them on the same team. They'll be the leader for their respective element. It'll come in handy when you encounter a dungeon where your attacks will be resisted.

Jagernaut

1) Ares and Artemis

I would choose option 1. Those two are the best leaders for mono color fire and wood teams IMO. You can build great fire and wood teams with them as leaders. They don't work well on the same team but you will appreciate them later on.

SaintR

1) Ares and Artemis

I also agree with option 1.

mercviper

1) Ares and Artemis

Another vote for option 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom