• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splat

Anyone that normally runs shiva on wed/fri have a spare slot available? My wife is struggling to get mystic masks and 2x this week will be nice if she can get better helpers.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
These Verche drops are terrible. I'm giving up on it for today and focusing on metal dragons.

I don't get why they give us these dungeons but don't give us 1.5x drop. It's really discouraging. I did manage to get one drop, but it was in round 1 (and not round 5 like you'd expect).

Pacman2k

I don't bother with the swordsman dungeons anymore. The drop rate is just too awful.

I'll get skillups for my swordsmen as they come. Oh well.

Anyone that normally runs shiva on wed/fri have a spare slot available? My wife is struggling to get mystic masks and 2x this week will be nice if she can get better helpers.

I have a shiva lead as one of my main teams. She can add me I have three or four open slots

399 633 290

BlueSteel

We'll know tomorrow evening when the update actually takes place (I literally powerleveled my Valk, evolved her, and prepared evo mats over the past week just for this). The only thing I've heard so far is that Valk's leader skill is becoming 3x to Healer types, but I don't have an official source on that.

I saw on another forum that

Sigfried: Blue/Red
Chu-Chu: Dark/Green
Valk: Light/Green

I don't have any other good pokemon aside from what I have already mentioned:

The cutoff monsters are all ghosts that I am keeping for evolve fusion.
Sorry this is late. GAF was down when I originally planned to comment, and now Keeper day is almost over.

You have a nice little collection of Dark monsters going on, but like you said you don't have the team cost to use them all at once. During the weekends, farm nothing but Tower of Giants: Dragons of the Tower. It's half stamina on the weekends, which gives the most exp per stamina at early levels. You can essentially play it nonstop without running out of stamina due to rank ups all the way until around rank 90. That'll get you to around 103 team cost.

Also, while Archangel Lucifer is a nice leader for certain dungeons, for general use I'd recommend you work on fully evolving your D'spinas to a Moondragon Lunar D'spinas. Its leader skill provides 2x ATK and 2x RCV to Dark monsters, which is the same as Loki. Unfortunately, 2x Keeper day is almost over which basically guarantees that the Rainbow Keeper always drops. Hopefully you see this in time to start a run. You need 2 of them to evolve your D'Spinas. You also need a Mystic Mask(which you can get Wednesday), a Dragon Fruit(Thursday), and a Dub-mythlit(Friday).

Wednesday will also have the Dragon Guardian dungeon in which you can try to farm a Mystic Stone Knight. It evolves into an Ancient Dragon Knight, which is a very useful monster to new players, since its leader skill grants 2.5x ATK to Dragons, which when combined with another ADK leader, provides 6.25x ATK. It's easy to build around since the game provides you with plenty of Dragons, and you can mix and match colors. And it has pretty long term viability when you can build an even more synergistic team around it using only 1 or 2 elements at most, with mono-Wood and Wood/Dark being the most popular elements for ADK teams. ADK helpers are also relatively common, although not as much as before.

raiot

Whiskey Light Max Skill -> DONE! :) After the first few losses in this Dungeon, i was able to beat Legend consistently. 10 runs, 9 golden eggs, 1 loss.
My plan for monday was: Get my skill 4 CDK to max and maybe a second one. Boy was i wrong...
I fed 28 knights to my CDK to gain the final skill level... this was really ridiculous. Gave up on skilling the second.

^^^ Congrats! Sucks about the CDK skill-ups. I'm glad I don't need to farm any of the Mystic Knight dungeons this week. I'm just waiting for GungHo to release the other Knights. I read Japan is getting(or got) the Mystic Fire Knight dungeon.

Does anyone have any recommendations for leaders to put up to obtain pal points? I seem to never be used anymore...
It depends on your friend list. Whatever the most common helpers are on your friend list, put up a leader to complement them. For me, the most numerous monsters on my list are ADK and Zeus. It used to be ADK by far, netting me 50-60 friend uses overnight, but a lot of those players have branched into other leaders. Zeus is almost as numerous as my ADK list, now. Which I think makes sense because both of those teams are very efficient at quick general dungeon farming. As I've gained in rank, I've noticed a steep decline in Healers and resist monsters, except when special dungeons requiring them come up. Players in the higher ranks tend to use leaders with high ATK multipliers or a combination of HP/ATK/RCV multipliers instead for most dungeons.

Can someone explain what's so great about Seraphim Lucifer? I've seen so many players wanting him bad. I guess I'm totally missing the point, and a little mad since a number of people on my friendlist have switched over to Lucifer and other angels, leaving me without my monocolor helpers.
I think it's a combination of it being a new monster, so people are using it more at first, but should die down after a while. And also because it's a pretty safe team, and a lot of people who relied on auto-healers in general before have now converted to dual Archangel Lucifers which is even easier and safer to use. And as you found out, more Lucifers on friend lists, means more Lucifer friends available to pair with their own Lucifers, which gives players more incentive to use Lucifer. If there were no players using Lucifer, players would be less likely to use theirs.

I don't get why they give us these dungeons but don't give us 1.5x drop. It's really discouraging. I did manage to get one drop, but it was in round 1 (and not round 5 like you'd expect).
The first time they released the Dragon Guardian dungeon, since I started playing, it lasted a whole week. And on the last day, it was 2x drop. I imagine most players would prefer that schedule instead.

Musan

So, what's the best way to farm Hera? Double Lucifer seems to be safe, but slow. I guess a Zues team would be good, though it would be even better if the poring or naga dungeon came beforehand.

J0dy77

Can someone explain what's so great about Seraphim Lucifer? I've seen so many players wanting him bad. I guess I'm totally missing the point, and a little mad since a number of people on my friendlist have switched over to Lucifer and other angels, leaving me without my monocolor helpers.

Yeah, I'm a bit irked. My stable list of 5 or 6 Isis has dropped down to 1 or 2. I'm going to have to go hunting for more friends.

These Verche drops are terrible. I'm giving up on it for today and focusing on metal dragons.

I'm taking the approach of one or two runs on these dungeons a day (the exp ratio is terrible). If I get a mob and a skillup, great. If I ran it hardcore I would get extremely frustrated.

Kosh

[US] 5/22/2013
Dragon Guardian (ADK Dungeon) open for 24 hours!
Emerald Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds, x2 king appearance

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
E: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Radav

Yeah, I'm a bit irked. My stable list of 5 or 6 Isis has dropped down to 1 or 2. I'm going to have to go hunting for more friends.

I'm sure once people get over the novelty of using Lucifer they'll go back to their normal leaders and only use him for the special dungeons. I can't go back to running a team with no attack modifier so there's no way I'm going to be using him for anything but the "end game" stuff. I can't see most people doing the same either. It's got to be much slower.

[US] 5/22/2013
Dragon Guardian (ADK Dungeon) open for 24 hours!
Emerald Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds, x2 king appearance

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
E: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Thanks again for posting these everyday.

Really digging the extra slot, limits the stones I have to use.

Limit

Sorry this is late. GAF was down when I originally planned to comment, and now Keeper day is almost over.

You have a nice little collection of Dark monsters going on, but like you said you don't have the team cost to use them all at once. During the weekends, farm nothing but Tower of Giants: Dragons of the Tower. It's half stamina on the weekends, which gives the most exp per stamina at early levels. You can essentially play it nonstop without running out of stamina due to rank ups all the way until around rank 90. That'll get you to around 103 team cost.

Also, while Archangel Lucifer is a nice leader for certain dungeons, for general use I'd recommend you work on fully evolving your D'spinas to a Moondragon Lunar D'spinas. Its leader skill provides 2x ATK and 2x RCV to Dark monsters, which is the same as Loki. Unfortunately, 2x Keeper day is almost over which basically guarantees that the Rainbow Keeper always drops. Hopefully you see this in time to start a run. You need 2 of them to evolve your D'Spinas. You also need a Mystic Mask(which you can get Wednesday), a Dragon Fruit(Thursday), and a Dub-mythlit(Friday).

Wednesday will also have the Dragon Guardian dungeon in which you can try to farm a Mystic Stone Knight. It evolves into an Ancient Dragon Knight, which is a very useful monster to new players, since its leader skill grants 2.5x ATK to Dragons, which when combined with another ADK leader, provides 6.25x ATK. It's easy to build around since the game provides you with plenty of Dragons, and you can mix and match colors. And it has pretty long term viability when you can build an even more synergistic team around it using only 1 or 2 elements at most, with mono-Wood and Wood/Dark being the most popular elements for ADK teams. ADK helpers are also relatively common, although not as much as before.

Thanks for the detailed info. I'll focus on leveling up D'spinas first. And I tried the Dragon guardian dungeon but got my butt whooped in the first round of adept stage. The damage that the little devil looking creatures doled out was too much for me; thus reinforcing the need for increasing my team cost cap ASAP by leveling up.

Since I will be doing a fair amount of level grinding I have a question about what to do with the monsters that I will be getting from Dragons of the tower dungeon. It seems to me that except for metal dragons its best to sell them all. Right now if I use the captured monsters on that stage to level up they only give me 3000 xp on average and it costs around 12000 to level up my dragons. The xp to cost ratio is completely out of sync. I am better off saving all the coins for when I tackle higher level dungeons, correct?

StMeph

How do most people farm enough XP for mono-color teams? Wait for the appropriate jewel dragons to farm for kings and pengdras?

I have a decent team, but the XP has just really stalled.

I got two PAL egg rolls today. From one I got the "Keeper of Rainbow". He looks pretty badass. Is he good?

My main team is not very good, pretty much just started out, but I have Plesiel, Black Fighter, Red Goblin, Earth Golem, and Topaz Carbuncle. I also have Odin and that Keeper of Rainbow guy but I can't really use them because they "cost" so much.

How do most people farm enough XP for mono-color teams? Wait for the appropriate jewel dragons to farm for kings and pengdras?

I have a decent team, but the XP has just really stalled.

generally, yes. The higher dungeons drop some pretty high level mobs that give good xp.

I got two PAL egg rolls today. From one I got the "Keeper of Rainbow". He looks pretty badass. Is he good?

My main team is not very good, pretty much just started out, but I have Plesiel, Black Fighter, Red Goblin, Earth Golem, and Topaz Carbuncle. I also have Odin and that Keeper of Rainbow guy but I can't really use them because they "cost" so much.

Keeper of Rainbow is a pretty awesome sub at lower levels...once you can get past the team cost. Should help you for a while. He is used as an evo material, though...so don't get rid of him until you can get more on Tuesdays.

I am very sad about GungHo nerfing Drop Refresh into oblivion in 5.2. It was probably a bit OP at 5cd max... but changing it to 10cd max puts it from amusing to junk status.

mercviper

I am very sad about GungHo nerfing Drop Refresh into oblivion in 5.2. It was probably a bit OP at 5cd max... but changing it to 10cd max puts it from amusing to junk status.

Is that the hobgoblin ability?

Also, just did Hera on Starlight Santuary with an Odin+Ama team. If this is a taste of what it's going to be like for actual Hera I don't know if I'll have the patience for 2 runs since I won't have rippers for that one lol.

Hey all. I've been playing this off and on for a couple months building a passable mono-red team but since an Ares dropped for me during the Godfest I'd like to build up my friends list.
Anyone with a Shiva main willing to add me? I'd also love anyone with a poison lead.

My Id is 379,044,245. Thanks!

shinjijai

Hey all. I've been playing this off and on for a couple months building a passable mono-red team but since an Ares dropped for me during the Godfest I'd like to build up my friends list.
Anyone with a Shiva main willing to add me? I'd also love anyone with a poison lead.

My Id is 379,044,245. Thanks!

just added you

Also, just did Hera on Starlight Santuary with an Odin+Ama team. If this is a taste of what it's going to be like for actual Hera I don't know if I'll have the patience for 2 runs since I won't have rippers for that one lol.

Nah, Hera in her descended dungeon is probably worse because you have to deal with Hades immediately beforehand (16400 HP attack after 80% damage reduction). so you need an Ama that can heal 2500+ for Hera, and 16500 HP to get past Hades, a Defense breaker for neptune, a round of Minerva (lol) a round of Venus (not to bad if you are already prepared for Hera) and STILL survive the first four rounds against devils, demons, and mystic knights.

Think of it like this

Ama healing for 2500+HP every turn, Shiva +Ripper or Neptune/Lilith for the neptune battle, and enough High HP monsters to push you above 16.5k.

I am running Ama (2500RCV for her leader ability, 1748HP), Shiva (2281 hp), Light Mechdragon (2363HP), Blue Gaurdian (3962HP) and Awoken Zues (2424 HP) so I will need a awoken Odin with at least 3750HP.

Previous runs I subbed in a rainbow keeper (3126hp) for Zues, and switched in Abyss Neptune(1954 HP) for Shiva ( lilith will work if she can get up to 1800-1900hp though). You need a High HP ripper for the lower trash mobs though. It is a get out of trouble round skill (aka 5 devil round).

mercviper

Nah, Hera in her descended dungeon is probably worse because you have to deal with Hades immediately beforehand (16400 HP attack after 80% damage reduction). so you need an Ama that can heal 2500+ for Hera, and 16500 HP to get past Hades, a Defense breaker for neptune, a round of Minerva (lol) a round of Venus (not to bad if you are already prepared for Hera) and STILL survive the first four rounds against devils, demons, and mystic knights.

Think of it like this

Ama healing for 2500+HP every turn, Shiva +Ripper or Neptune/Lilith for the neptune battle, and enough High HP monsters to push you above 16.5k.

I am running Ama (2500RCV for her leader ability, 1748HP), Shiva (2281 hp), Light Mechdragon (2363HP), Blue Gaurdian (3962HP) and Awoken Zues (2424 HP) so I will need a awoken Odin with at least 3750HP.

Previous runs I subbed in a rainbow keeper (3126hp) for Zues, and switched in Abyss Neptune(1954 HP) for Shiva ( lilith will work if she can get up to 1800-1900hp though). You need a High HP ripper for the lower trash mobs though. It is a get out of trouble round skill (aka 5 devil round).

Fuck I need a ripper? lol I can only push 16.5 if I run 3 rainbows + a 4k odin friend because my defense breaker is Lilith. I don't have Shiva nor Neptune. I suppose I could try to level up my dark or light golem for the hp and replace Lilith with a ripper...

Fuck I need a ripper? lol I can only push 16.5 if I run 3 rainbows + a 4k odin friend because my defense breaker is Lilith. I don't have Shiva nor Neptune. I suppose I could try to level up my dark or light golem for the hp and replace Lilith with a ripper...

Ripper just is a good safety net for rounds 1-4. You could do it. Just store all your skills in round 1 and be prepared to have to use the rainbow keeper skills for half damage in 2-4. You NEED to keep your Lilith for Neptune.

Once you are at Venus you are home free. Spend the next few days building up your lilith and getting her HP and ATK up (HP to see if you can sub out a keeper for something else, ATK to make Neptune faster) and maybe that light Golem to replace one Rainbow keeper (their HP goes so much higher).

So I have been messing around with this game since about a week ago when I got a new phone and its been going pretty well but I really just have way to many good monsters and no idea where to begin for building an actual team moving forward.

Figured I would post here with my current monster box to see what people thought I should do for my current team as well as what monsters I should be trying to move towards to get a good team going for future stuff.

VlDvinR.jpg

I am pretty limited team wise at the moment due to my low rank but I would appreciate any direction people could give me that I should be aiming for.

mercviper

Ripper just is a good safety net for rounds 1-4. You could do it. Just store all your skills in round 1 and be prepared to have to use the rainbow keeper skills for half damage in 2-4. You NEED to keep your Lilith for Neptune.

Once you are at Venus you are home free. Spend the next few days building up your lilith and getting her HP and ATK up (HP to see if you can sub out a keeper for something else, ATK to make Neptune faster) and maybe that light Golem to replace one Rainbow keeper (their HP goes so much higher).

Yeah I just double checked Neptune's defense and there's no way I will break even 25% of it without atk multipliers. Sad day. Going to be a slow clear but at least it's a clear lol :x

So I have been messing around with this game since about a week ago when I got a new phone and its been going pretty well but I really just have way to many good monsters and no idea where to begin for building an actual team moving forward.

Figured I would post here with my current monster box to see what people thought I should do for my current team as well as what monsters I should be trying to move towards to get a good team going for future stuff.

I am pretty limited team wise at the moment due to my low rank but I would appreciate any direction people could give me that I should be aiming for.

I will just quote George Claw M.D. from earlier in the thread, this is 100% the best way to get your team cost up above 100.
During the weekends, farm nothing but Tower of Giants: Dragons of the Tower. It's half stamina on the weekends, which gives the most exp per stamina at early levels. You can essentially play it nonstop without running out of stamina due to rank ups all the way until around rank 90. That'll get you to around 103 team cost.

You have the great start of a team. especially a dark team with Persephone as leader, and the rest dark subs. Alternatively, you have the makings of a great Blue team as well with Hermes as leader. You could have a good Multi color with Iris, but I do not have much experience with color combo teams ( I run mono color primarily).

I will just quote George Claw M.D. from earlier in the thread, this is 100% the best way to get your team cost up above 100.

You have the great start of a team. especially a dark team with Persephone as leader, and the rest dark subs. Alternatively, you have the makings of a great Blue team as well with Hermes as leader. You could have a good Multi color with Iris, but I do not have much experience with color combo teams ( I run mono color primarily).

Alright, thanks. Guess I will get on that when this weekend rolls around. I have just been using Siren as my leader with a mix of whatever water and dark stuff I could fit but it has started to get pretty sketchy with some of the missions so being able to fit a more cohesive team together will be nice. Have been able to stay alive as long as nothing killed me in a single turn but that is starting to happen more often lately.

Alright, thanks. Guess I will get on that when this weekend rolls around. I have just been using Siren as my leader with a mix of whatever water and dark stuff I could fit but it has started to get pretty sketchy with some of the missions so being able to fit a more cohesive team together will be nice. Have been able to stay alive as long as nothing killed me in a single turn but that is starting to happen more often lately.

Siren + Resist is a great strategy. You will be using Siren for most of the game as she makes a great sub. I don't know how your team cost is...but Heremes Leader + Blue team or Persephone + Dark team is the way to go. Once you get those stat multipliers, it'll be hard to go back.

Siren + Resist is a great strategy. You will be using Siren for most of the game as she makes a great sub. I don't know how your team cost is...but Heremes Leader + Blue team or Persephone + Dark team is the way to go. Once you get those stat multipliers, it'll be hard to go back.

Have 41 total team points right now, the unevolved Persephone takes 20 and the evolved Hermes takes 25. Evolved Siren takes 13, Gabriel is 25, Plesios is 6, Raphael is 25, Vampire Lord is 10, Isis is 20, Fallen Angel Lucifer is 25 and Dark Dragon Knight is 9.

It feels like im just outside the line where I can start really putting a decent team together but for now I can't seem to come up with much of a team outside of like siren + a bunch of stuff of limited usefulness.

Yeah, if you make a match during a board refresh the cd of your skills ticks down by 1 without affecting enemy timers. Mastering (which we're actually getting!) shares the skill and has 4k HP at max level so you can theoretically skillscum a bunch of dungeons with 5 Masterings. Seems more curious than practical, so it didnt need to get nerfed tht hard...

also aliencowz7 get that Isis maxed out and evolved ASAP; friend other Isises and set up a rainbow party and you will blow through all the early-mid game dungeons without breaking a sweat.

ISIS. god's sake's man Isis. Play the game, always try to friend other Isis players if they pop up as Explorers.

There is no real strategy needed in the early levels with Isis. Just put together a team of:

isis lead
-vampire lord
-yellow ripper dragon
-dragon knight
-whatever red creature you have. a ruby mythlit will even do for 1 team costuntil you can get a naga, which is ideal.

paired with another isis friend.

From there it is newbie heaven. You will cleave your way through everything. Matching three colors at once is actually pretty straightforward and you will do colossal damage.

Longer term you should be looking at a mono-blue and mono-dark teams as Egyptian teams, especially dual Isis ones, can have issues with some dungeons, but in terms of everyday farming and normal/technical/low level event dungeon progression Isis/Isis teams are incredible.

mercviper

Yeah, if you make a match during a board refresh the cd of your skills ticks down by 1 without affecting enemy timers. Mastering (which we're actually getting!) shares the skill and has 4k HP at max level so you can theoretically skillscum a bunch of dungeons with 5 Masterings. Seems more curious than practical, so it didnt need to get nerfed tht hard...
WHY DIDNT I KNOW THIS BEFORE lol. That's actually all sorts of amazing. I'm for sure running poring tower until I can evolve a mastering if this is the case.

The drop rate on these knight dungeons are terrible

And when you do manage to get one, the skill up rates are just as bad. I managed to get 3 light knights the other day to try to finish off my Verche and had no luck getting a skill up at all. I have two ADK's that I use (one pretty high level at 83) and I would love to max skill at least one of them but it just never happens for me. I may go after a few but between needing a couple of Mystic Masks and being able to use some more emerald dragons I just may not get to it.

octagon69

Banned
WTTTTTFFFF man!!

1 skill up for ADK OUT OF 6!!

TrollHO indeed. even using a 2X skill up event that is bull shit man. I get one knight every 2 runs or so. I've done this dungeon like 14 times today for one skill up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom