• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanna be a real cool dude you might also want to consider saving the data files of your usable but less desirable saves so slacker gaffers don't have to suffer through the pain of rerolling.

BlueSteel

Well, using my mono-red team absolutely demolished Legendary Green Dragon on Master... Guess I was too stubborn and wanted to clear it with my dark w/ lucifer.

Radav

No prob. Regarding losing Ceres' skill, Michael's skill still provides Heart orbs, too. And with RCV multiplier could be just as good as a full heal while having a lower cooldown and also creating more Wood orbs. And at max level, he still has 611 RCV, which isn't as good as Ceres, but nothing to scoff at.

Damn. I'm already gonna run out of box space today. And I still have to stock up on Rainbow Keepers tomorrow, and hold out until Thursday. I'm gonna have to skip a lot of the Dragon dungeons.

The Archangels are really good! Kinda makes me sad I didn't get Raphael and Gabriel. lol I have Ceres as well and I wouldn't hesitate to replace her with Michael on my wood team. If you wanted to you could combo Michael, Parvati, Chu, and ADK and create a whole board of wood orbs. So for those of you who run wood teams. If you had access to all the wood monsters what would your go to setup be?

J0dy77

ok, so I rolled a few more times and realized that I only needed to play one more dungeon past the tutorial to get a second crack at the REM. I ended up with these...

1) Ares and Artemis

2) Ares and Chaos Dark Knight

3) Persephone and Thanatos Dark Elemental

4) Archangel Uriel and Archangel Raphael (+1)

5) Archangel Raphael and Susano

I was thinking option 1 is the best but just realized their skills kinda overlap. Ares changes Water and Heal while Artemis changes Fire and Heal. Option 2 doesn't overlap like this. 3 and 4 also sound interesting. What would you guys do?

Not sure if anyone else mentioned, but you should go with option 1. lol

Joking aside, it's not even close... go with 1.

Limit

Yesterday I reached Castle of Satan and since then have hit a wall in being able to progress any further. I am currently Rank 47 (55 team cost) and have the following team:

Archangel Lucifer (leader: level 32); Flowerdragon Brachys (level 14); Icedragon Plesios (level 13); and D'spines(Max).

I have friended a number of dark pokemon and have had success in clearing dungeons until now. This setup just isn't working any more. The damage that I receive is just too high. I don't have any good healers in my captured boxes and no other 5 star pokemon except for Keeper of Rainbow. His cost is currently too high to place him in my team and I have had even worse defeats with just him and Lucifer trying to clear dungeons. Is currently my only option is to level up and increase the cap of my team cost? Should I be composing my team any differently? Any suggestions are welcome.

Yesterday I reached Castle of Satan and since then have hit a wall in being able to progress any further. I am currently Rank 47 (55 team cost) and have the following team:

Archangel Lucifer (leader: level 32); Flowerdragon Brachys (level 14); Icedragon Plesios (level 13); and D'spines(Max).

I have friended a number of dark pokemon and have had success in clearing dungeons until now. This setup just isn't working any more. The damage that I receive is just too high. I don't have any good healers in my captured boxes and no other 5 star pokemon except for Keeper of Rainbow. His cost is currently too high to place him in my team and I have had even worse defeats with just him and Lucifer trying to clear dungeons. Is currently my only option is to level up and increase the cap of my team cost? Should I be composing my team any differently? Any suggestions are welcome.

Can you post your box? We may be able to help you with the dungeon based on what you have. Team cost increase CAN be a solution, but there may be another option (especially if you have a "Lil' dark dragon").

Agreed with what Zip said. Eventual solution may be to farm dungeons on half-stam to boost your level up and get some good monsters. More comments after box posting

I will burn money on that.

"Guaranteed 2 gold egg starters!!"

oh shit....take my money now

"Beast Rider and Marine Rider"

sonofabitch

Yaari

You first need to start converting all of your team towards Dark, because thats where you get most use from Lucifer. You say you already have a Keeper which is great. I'd say grind Tower of Giants> Dragons of the Tower.

In this dungeon you should be getting more exp than it takes stamina, to rank up, until around Rank 70 or something. I guess at which point you can use that Rainbow Keeper.

I think the guide recommended Dub-Amelit, or Dub-Mythlit, as Subs, until you can get 2 Rainbow Keepers in. But I'd imagine running Friday dungeon at your point might be tricky. You will need plenty of health and RCV to do that with Lucifer.

ToxicAdam

Any suggestions are welcome.

Where are you getting beaten? By the random mobs or by the bosses on that lvl?

If the bosses are giving you trouble, have you tried damage reducing leaders yet? A Chaos Dark Dragon or something similar that can reduce dark damge by half is a huge advantage in getting past some of those bosses.

Also, do you have any lil' dragons yet? I see you are still using the two starter dragons.

Radav

5.2 Update Information

1. New monsters. (Goblins & Slimes)

2. Heart Changers ultimate evos! (Siegfried, Chu Chulainn, Valk)

3. Full screen compatibility.

4. Icon added to show monsters' corresponding types.

5. Max. Limit of friends will increase from 150 to 200.

6. 6 Teams are available in "Edit Team" Page.

7. You can now see a more detailed information of the monster during playing.

8. New sorting system.

9. Monster changes
- Odin/ Awoken Odin : Inflict 50x your Light Attribute attack to one enemy
- War Deity Saint Minerva : Technical subtype added
- Sea Deity Heaven Neptune : Physical subtype added
- Fertility Deity Holy Ceres : Heal subtype added
- Love Deity Cosmo Venus : Heal subtype added
- Underlord Arch Hades : Devil subtype added

Others:
P&D will no longer compatible for iOS 4.2 or lower.

Nice! Ultimate evos for Chu, Valk and Siegfried are dual element! Awesome. Green odin getting a buff and 2 more healers to add to the healer girl team. Pretty nice.

Selling starter account with xxx and xxx!

Damn.
Remember that guy who sold a spot on his +297 Zeus's friend list for $200? Yeah. There's money to be made here if it weren't all illegal. I've done a bit of account sharing among friends so they don't have to reroll endlessly for a good starter. The easier solution would be for Gungho to guarantee that your first post-tutorial roll is always a gold egg...

Don't feel disheartened that you hit a wall at Castle of Satan; it's something that happens to everybody around that point. Don't be afraid to demote Lucifer to sub spot if another monster benefits your team more as leader.

Japan is getting 5.2 on Thursday. Patch notes:
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/update.html
No new Gods (as far as we know...), but there's a few neat previously unannounced stuff, like new evos for goblins and slimes, type/element icons in the UI, and subtypes for the light busties for Roman gods. Healer subtypes for Ceres and Venus should make them great Valkyrie subs now.

Edit: got hella beaten

very cool. is that for us? I just noticed that my D/D Hades already has a 'Devil' subtype.

Very happy about a 6th team, I could probably do with 10 really though haha. More Healer girls is always a plus. Full Screen is awesome. I HATE the blackbars....

J0dy77

5.2 Update Information

1. New monsters. (Goblins & Slimes)

2. Heart Changers ultimate evos! (Siegfried, Chu Chulainn, Valk)

3. Full screen compatibility.

4. Icon added to show monsters' corresponding types.

5. Max. Limit of friends will increase from 150 to 200.

6. 6 Teams are available in "Edit Team" Page.

7. You can now see a more detailed information of the monster during playing.

8. New sorting system.

9. Monster changes
- Odin/ Awoken Odin : Inflict 50x your Light Attribute attack to one enemy
- War Deity Saint Minerva : Technical subtype added
- Sea Deity Heaven Neptune : Physical subtype added
- Fertility Deity Holy Ceres : Heal subtype added
- Love Deity Cosmo Venus : Heal subtype added
- Underlord Arch Hades : Devil subtype added

Others:
P&D will no longer compatible for iOS 4.2 or lower.

Nice! Ultimate evos for Chu, Valk and Siegfried are dual element! Awesome. Green odin getting a buff and 2 more healers to add to the healer girl team. Pretty nice.

Wow!!! I WANT THIS UPDATE!!! I didn't think they could make Chu Chu, Seigfried and Valk any stronger, now they're going to be dual? Along with the healer sub type for my Holy Ceres... man! Horus team is going to eat content alive.

I really hope I have some good luck during poring tower. Need to bring those CD down.

very cool. is that for us? I just noticed that my D/D Hades already has a 'Devil' subtype.

Very happy about a 6th team, I could probably do with 10 really though haha. More Healer girls is always a plus. Full Screen is awesome. I HATE the blackbars....
We'll probably get it in 1-2 months after GungHo uses the Japanese players as beta tester guinea pigs to iron out all the bugs. That's basically what 5.1.0-5.1.3 were before we got it...

The Valk busty supposedly gives her 3x ATK to Healers which is crazy. Not sure what the other two do.

Limit

Can you post your box? We may be able to help you with the dungeon based on what you have. Team cost increase CAN be a solution, but there may be another option (especially if you have a "Lil' dark dragon").

I don't have any other good pokemon aside from what I have already mentioned:

screenshot2013052107180.png

The cutoff monsters are all ghosts that I am keeping for evolve fusion.

Kosh

[US] 5/21/2013
Blade of Justice (Verche Dungeon) open for 24 hours!
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds, x2 king appearance

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies

which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
D: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Radav

Wow!!! I WANT THIS UPDATE!!! I didn't think they could make Chu Chu, Seigfried and Valk any stronger, now they're going to be dual? Along with the healer sub type for my Holy Ceres... man! Horus team is going to eat content alive.

I really hope I have some good luck during poring tower. Need to bring those CD down.

Correction* The japanese announcement for this actually confirms their elements. Valkyrie is going to be Light/Wood, Chu will be Wood/Dark, and Siegfried will be Water/Fire. Pretty cool options for Egyptian Teams.

The cutoff monsters are all ghosts that I am keeping for evolve fusion.

Have you been fusing any "lil" dragons that you may have been getting from the Pal machine? You really should keep 1 of each, they get 50% damage reduction at their top level.

Also have you been fusing your rare monsters that are not duplicates? you have 65 boxes (3 stones) and two rares (starter rare +5 stones for Vampire lord). and you have 0 stones, just trying to figure out where they all went.

Can you run Lucifer, Vampire Lord and D'Spinas in the same party? Run those (Lucifer as lead) with a Dual dark Hades (for 60% damage reduction to dark) for each floor until the top floor in castle of Satan.

Castle of Satan Top floor has Hades as the final boss, reduction will not work for him. You will need to run a "resolve" team. The sub leader have an Orochi, I do not have one but many others on this board do. He keeps you from dieing as long as you have 50% HP before you are attacked. with Lucifer's RCV increase this should be relatively easy. (Edited out: Lucifer info, realized that 5* Lucifer does not have x2 RCV)

Correction* The japanese announcement for this actually confirms their elements. Valkyrie is going to be Light/Wood, Chu will be Wood/Dark, and Siegfried will be Water/Fire. Pretty cool options for Egyptian Teams.

Water/Red for Siegfried? Hell yeah! Chu chu's wood/dark is boring though due to Dark Ceres. No comment on Valk because I still do not have one (maybe the next time she descends I can run her with my dark team and a Lucifer helper)

This is awesome. I might actually evolve my Valkyrie now. Any idea if there will be a stat boost along with the evo?

xCobalt

Just curious, why do you keep calling the monsters pokemon? Anyways, like others have pointed out, you should try to focus on increasing your rank so your max team cost can also increase. Try to fit all of your dark monsters on the team.

Any news regarding Vampire and Titan? Is it being kept a secret or are those 2 not getting an ultimate evolution this update?

Limit

Have you been fusing any "lil" dragons that you may have been getting from the Pal machine? You really should keep 1 of each, they get 50% damage reduction at their top level.

Also have you been fusing your rare monsters that are not duplicates? you have 65 boxes (3 stones) and two rares (starter rare +5 stones for Vampire lord). and you have 0 stones, just trying to figure out where they all went.

Can you run Lucifer, Vampire Lord and D'Spinas in the same party? Run those (Lucifer as lead) with a Dual dark Hades (for 60% damage reduction to dark) for each floor until the top floor in castle of Satan.

Castle of Satan Top floor has Hades as the final boss, reduction will not work for him. You will need to run a "resolve" team. The sub leader have an Orochi, I do not have one but many others on this board do. He keeps you from dieing as long as you have 50% HP before you are attacked. with Lucifer's RCV increase this should be relatively easy. (Edited out: Lucifer info, realized that 5* Lucifer does not have x2 RCV)

Thanks for the advice. I remember rolling for golden eggs three times two days ago during the godfest and getting ice golems on two of thoseinstances. I fused them away. Their skill didn't seem more useful to me than the water dragon that I already have. I once got a lil red dragon, which I promptly fused away because his skill only attacked one enemy instead of all. I will remember to save them next time.

I guess the best move for me is to grind and level up at the dungeon that Yaari mentioned.

Just curious, why do you keep calling the monsters pokemon?

Heh. Its in the spirit of the title of this thread. That's all.

Just curious, why do you keep calling the monsters pokemon? Anyways, like others have pointed out, you should try to focus on increasing your rank so your max team cost can also increase. Try to fit all of your dark monsters on the team.

Any news regarding Vampire and Titan? Is it being kept a secret or are those 2 not getting an ultimate evolution this update?
They're getting one "later", whatever that means... I think these three are getting updates first because it seems like GH is trying to push type-boosting leaders a lot more lately, and Sieg/Choo/Valk are Physical/Balance/Healer type respectively.

Also Castle of Stan has Vamp Lord and 2x Basilisk as the final boss, not Hades, so a resolve team is the worst possible choice for that stage.

xCobalt

Does anyone have any recommendations for leaders to put up to obtain pal points? I seem to never be used anymore...

Same. I try to put a leader that will help others during special events. Like a leader who will be useful in jewel dragon runs, a resist leader during the first couple days of a new dragon dungeon or overall, a leader with a high attack stat. Personally, since my list is ordered by attack stat, I tend to pick those at the top of the list.

J0dy77

Thanks for the advice. I remember rolling for golden eggs three times two days ago during the godfest and getting ice golems on two of thoseinstances. I fused them away. Their skill didn't seem more useful to me than the water dragon that I already have. I once got a lil red dragon, which I promptly fused away because his skill only attacked one enemy instead of all. I will remember to save them next time.

I guess the best move for me is to grind and level up at the dungeon that Yaari mentioned.

Don't fuse anything you're unsure of, ask in the thread for advice. Machine Golems are very good characters later in the game and while not amazing they're still worth a spot in your box.

My biggest suggestion for success at this early stage of the game would be to go for the Dub-Mythlits in the friday dungeon. They have a team cost of 1 and have 1000hp 800 atk and 300 rcv. You can find the strategy on how to beat the dungeon in this thread, you just need to have the right friend list. Having 2 Dub-Myths and a rainbow keeper in your lineup will make a ton of content very easy while you gain and build other monsters to replace them. It works out even better for you since you're focusing on dark.

And like Zipp said, make sure you use all of your PAL rolls now to get the "Lil Dragons". they're one of the first mobs that everyone brings to a final evolution. They are used for a very long time with their high dmg active skill and the 50% resist.

J0dy77

Same. I try to put a leader that will help others during special events. Like a leader who will be useful in jewel dragon runs, a resist leader during the first couple days of a new dragon dungeon or overall, a leader with a high attack stat. Personally, since my list is ordered by attack stat, I tend to pick those at the top of the list.

Does anyone have any recommendations for leaders to put up to obtain pal points? I seem to never be used anymore...

A good ADK seems to rack up the points for me still, although not as much as a lot of mono teams have started to pop up on my list.

Jagernaut

Whenever I am not running team specific dungeons I leave my Ares up and get a lot of pal points. People like leaders that boost attack and hp so Greek and Indian gods will get you plenty of pal points. Some people still use ADK teams but I have transitioned to mono color teams.

Radav

We just had one yesterday... Probably in another two weeks or so.

Gungho must have decided that they don't need to hold back godfests to continue printing money like they have been. A godfest usually means some kind of event which equals more fun stuff so keep the 2 week cycle going! I do kind of appreciate the off week since it can get a little frustrating trying to balance out all the stamina requirements.

Gungho must have decided that they don't need to hold back godfests to continue printing money like they have been. A godfest usually means some kind of event which equals more fun stuff so keep the 2 week cycle going! I do kind of appreciate the off week since it can get a little frustrating trying to balance out all the stamina requirements.
You say that... then the off Thursday rolls around and everybody complains about shit drop rates for plants.

Can someone explain what's so great about Seraphim Lucifer? I've seen so many players wanting him bad. I guess I'm totally missing the point, and a little mad since a number of people on my friendlist have switched over to Lucifer and other angels, leaving me without my monocolor helpers.

Skye

Can someone explain what's so great about Seraphim Lucifer? I've seen so many players wanting him bad. I guess I'm totally missing the point, and a little mad since a number of people on my friendlist have switched over to Lucifer and other angels, leaving me without my monocolor helpers.

Dark is a really useful color because nothing resists it, and there are a lot of great, easy to obtain dark party members. Running leader+helper Seraphim Lucifer effectively gives you a blanket 75% resist to everything. You'd be able to use Rainbow Keepers as subs, and with their great stats and how easy they are to get, you can coast through most of the game with no problems.

See http://ggftw.com/forum/1812348-post1447.html for a possible strategy through the game with Seraphim Lucifers.

ccbfan

Lucifer is a great special dungeon runner. You can make an effective team with lucifer easily for every special dungeon.

Mono colors team are still better for regular stuff though. Like Hill of Iris and Oceans Heaven, mono color is much faster and more effective than Lucifer team (Well Lucifer does rock against Neptune though).

It's almost comical how badly my JP account is slanted towards light/dark monsters. Went to go look at what to feed my sapphire super king to... and there wasn't anything asides from a maxed Berserk waiting on evo mats. At least I had a shitbird to dump my ruby kings into. I foresee Emerald Super Kings tonight to have the same issue.

Colby

So for the Choo-Choo and Siegfried evos, what's changing, besides a new element? Is there a noticeable stat boost? Their skills will be unchanged, right?

So for the Choo-Choo and Siegfried evos, what's changing, besides a new element? Is there a noticeable stat boost? Their skills will be unchanged, right?

We'll know tomorrow evening when the update actually takes place (I literally powerleveled my Valk, evolved her, and prepared evo mats over the past week just for this). The only thing I've heard so far is that Valk's leader skill is becoming 3x to Healer types, but I don't have an official source on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom