• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pretty happy with my 1/5 skillup on Verche yesterday. The drop rate on the other hand was awful. That and the fact that I don't use Verche too much is why I stopped. But I don't think 1 out of 6 is anything to complain about.

Pacman2k

I cant get the HP I need to run Hera with Odin/Ama unless I use 2 Keepers and a Warrior Mech Asgard... (And a Neptune)

Which means I wont have a nuke, but I'll have 3 oh shit def increase buttons.

Seems like I should be fine, but will just take a while. Thoughts?

I cant get the HP I need to run Hera with Odin/Ama unless I use 2 Keepers and a Warrior Mech Asgard... (And a Neptune)

I no-stoned Hera twice with 3 keepers and a Neptune. I don't remember if I had to use the keepers' skills, but I don't think I had too much trouble on those first rounds.

Just focus fire down individual devils first, then demons, saving knights for last. And if you have to use a skill, stall when you get down to one monster.

very doable.

Got a question, with Ares, Orochi, Fire Noel Dragon, Valkyrie, Echildna, Beast Rider, Bowmore, and Duke.
Who should I focus my +eggs on?

(don't really have any particular team that I use, usually relies on friend's Isis/Horus)

eofNhbfl.jpg

Lot of UI touchups in 5.2; got my 3x healer now

Got a question, with Ares, Orochi, Fire Noel Dragon, Valkyrie, Echildna, Beast Rider, Bowmore, and Duke.

(don't really have any particular team that I use, usually relies on friend's Isis/Horus)

Noel dragons can not have + eggs added to them once they are at max level. So if you want to add anything to them do it before max level (HP comes to mind)

Other than that. Focus on what you use more, leaning more towards Ares, Orochi, and Valk. HOWEVER, Orochi should NOT have HP plus eggs

And don't waste any eggs on that rider...

What leader/sub?

This was an Odin/Ama team. I didn't have the HP to use a resist dragon instead of the third rainbow keeper. I also didn't have the team cost to use my dark mech dragon. So i just went with 3 keepers. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to handle the early waves, but it went fine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This was an Odin/Ama team. I didn't have the HP to use a resist dragon instead of the third rainbow keeper. I also didn't have the team cost to use my dark mech dragon. So i just went with 3 keepers. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to handle the early waves, but it went fine.

I wonder if it would be manageable with 3 + Lillith? I don't have a Neptune...

Colby

Man, I needed 10 Mystic Masks and am 0/5 today. If I grinded Ocean of Heaven, last stage, all weekend, would I get some there?

Wow, this game. Started out looking for red divine masks this morning. Got 4 runs in.

2 Green
4 Purple
4 Blue
1 Gold

Wtf..and now I'm out of shiva friends. Anyone else got a Shiva I can borrow?

Edit: Or a poisoner?

I am very sad about GungHo nerfing Drop Refresh into oblivion in 5.2. It was probably a bit OP at 5cd max... but changing it to 10cd max puts it from amusing to junk status.
Thanks for the heads up. Since I found out we were finally getting the Poring dungeon, I started saving the Hobgoblins I pulled from the Pal machine. I just sold all of them, and freed up some much needed box space.

So I have been messing around with this game since about a week ago when I got a new phone and its been going pretty well but I really just have way to many good monsters and no idea where to begin for building an actual team moving forward.

Figured I would post here with my current monster box to see what people thought I should do for my current team as well as what monsters I should be trying to move towards to get a good team going for future stuff.

I am pretty limited team wise at the moment due to my low rank but I would appreciate any direction people could give me that I should be aiming for.
You have a pretty good collection of monsters to build multiple teams out of. You could lead a mono-blue team with Hermes, Siren, and occasionally Gabriel. A mono-dark team with Persephone. And an ADK team. Really any of those teams would be good, but I'd lean toward mono-blue or mono-dark. You could also run an Isis team, but I'm not sure how comfortable you are with multi-color orb matching yet.

Echidna. Her active skill makes her usable on all kinds of different teams, including non-fire teams. Orochi is also an option if you're planning on leveling it up, but even then Echidna is more often used for her lower cooldown.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I have had miserable luck with hearts. I tried to clear a few harder dungeons without a Siren or any healer...Literally went the entire 7 rounds to the boss without a heart. And no hearts on the boss. Stamina wasted. Ugh.

J0dy77

Man, I needed 10 Mystic Masks and am 0/5 today. If I grinded Ocean of Heaven, last stage, all weekend, would I get some there?

I ran expert once this morning and stopped after not getting the mystic. It's just much more efficient running Ocean of a heaven or temple of troyka. You get a ton of feeder drops during 1.5x, you get more stamina per run at almost 1/2 the stamina cost and you have the shot at + eggs, mystic masks and kings.

Running it consistently has kept me ahead of the masks I need. Currently sitting on 3, need 3 more and will hopefully get those before I'm ready to evolve.

Splat

So is Ocean of Heaven the place to grind in the higher levels? I have almost cleared it out now and drops were decent. Or is it only good at 1.5x drop?

Jagernaut

WTTTTTFFFF man!!

1 skill up for ADK OUT OF 6!!

TrollHO indeed. even using a 2X skill up event that is bull shit man. I get one knight every 2 runs or so. I've done this dungeon like 14 times today for one skill up.

That sucks. I just max skilled my ADK with 7 Mystic Stone Knights total. I fused the first 3 at the same time and got a triple skillup. It took 4 more MSKs for the last skillup. Sometimes RNG favors you and sometimes you get screwed.

So about the new evos for the slimes: they lose their old active skill and gain [Type] Enhance, which is like the Norse active except it buffs a type by 3x for a single turn, which can be skilled down (up?) to an 11 turn c/d. Red gets Attacker, Blue gets Physical, Green gets Technique, Light gets Healer, and Dark gets Devil.

Between the Norse busties, the UI changes, and well everything that's happened since 5.1, it seems really clear that GungHo wants to push typed parties really hard.

Cerity

yep, rng hasn't been going my way after I pulled lucifer. Skilling up my 2nd siren, 12 gobs and no skill up. 8 mask runs, no mystic. Trying to skill up my ADK's, 5 MSK's so far and no skill up.

Just going to sit here and level my lucifer until hera comes around.

Jagernaut

I pulled a green Odin in the godfest on Sunday and have leveled him up with metal kings, evolved him, and then leveled him some more with emerald kings. Now i just need a Amaterasu helper with at least 1841 hp and 495 rcv and I am ready for Hera.

5OHHiTA.png

After I get 2 or 3 Hera's I will work on a Zeus team. I don't have a Hades or Orochi but I do have Echidna and Chaos Dragon Knight. Which team would be better?

Duke Vampire Lord (max skill)
Hera x 2
Chaos Dragon Knight (skill level 1)
Echidna
Zeus helper

or

Duke Vampire Lord (max skill)
Hera x 3
Echidna
Zeus helper

Completely theorypadding here, but you will probably need several turns of burst damage to take down the Chimeras on round 5, which will be where the bulk of your stones are going to be spent. CDK will help you kill the Chimeras faster.

So is Ocean of Heaven the place to grind in the higher levels? I have almost cleared it out now and drops were decent. Or is it only good at 1.5x drop?
It depends on what you need, and what you're actually able to clear. Ocean of Heaven(Neptune stage is best) offers good loot, a lot of gold, and decent exp. If you can clear the Starlight Sanctuary stages reliably, I'd say those are better. I'm not comfortable farming the last 3 stages of SS, but I can regularly farm the second Ceres stage. I discovered that the gold and exp per stamina ratings on the wikis are incorrect. I actually get 30-40K gold and over 7000 exp per run, and the drops are higher leveled, so they provide more exp as feeders or more gold when sold. So, the gold is only a little less, but the exp/stam is much better than Ocean of Heaven. The rare drops are a toss up between whether you prefer Dub-mythlits and Gold Kings or Mystic Masks and Metal Kings. I'd be farming SS Zeus stage or Legendary Earth: Celestial Black Dragon all day if I could work out a team that made it safe and reliable.

That sucks. I just max skilled my ADK with 7 Mystic Stone Knights total. I fused the first 3 at the same time and got a triple skillup. It took 4 more MSKs for the last skillup. Sometimes RNG favors you and sometimes you get screwed.
Wow. And I thought I had great luck maxing out my Verche with only 10 MLKs.

Colby

I know I've been irritated about drop rates for different things in this game, but I'm genuinely mad about the Mystic Mask drop rates. 0/8 today. That's four Ancient Dragon runs I desperately needed to skill up my Ancient Dragon. I just don't get the reason for having a Dark and Light mask on the final floor.

Lumiere

Neo Member
I've been having pretty good luck with knight drops, but it's nullified by my horrible luck with skill-ups lately... 7 dark knights, 5 light knights, 6 stone knights = 0 skill-ups.
At some point I seriously started wondering if my game was broken or something.

Wanchan

I pulled a green Odin in the godfest on Sunday and have leveled him up with metal kings, evolved him, and then leveled him some more with emerald kings. Now i just need a Amaterasu helper with at least 1841 hp and 495 rcv and I am ready for Hera.

I could use your Green Odin for Hera, i have a lvl 84 Ammy Ohkami (2067HP, 642RCV) i plan to use as leader for Hera, can you add me? 372,346,221. thanks!

Kosh

[US] 5/23/2013
Tower of Jewel (Plus eggs?) open for 24 hours!
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds, x2 king appearance

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

J0dy77

Like George mentioned, the best place to farm is the highest level your team can clear comfortably. Personally, I've been running whatever comes up on 1.5x and feeding drops to same color mobs. From Kronos Forest - Ocean of Heaven is the fifth tier of dungeons and all give similar level drops and exp/stam. I like ocean of heaven on the weekend to try and keep up with mystic mask requirements.

The one big thing I've noticed with this strategy is that you wind up evolving a lot more mobs at a steady pace. A good run in any of those dungeons will net a level for a tier 3 mobs or 2-3 levels for tier 2 mobs. I had a bunch of monsters all hit final evo at the same time this week as a result (verch, cdk, yellow mech), felt good.

Plus, in my opinion it's just a lot more fun to play this way. Waiting all day on dragons and being done with stamina in 10 minutes sucks. I use metal dragons when I really want to level one mob quickly

J0dy77

Cosmo, can you post some screenshots of what the new UI looks like in 5.2? Eager to get rid of these black bars.

I've been having pretty good luck with knight drops, but it's nullified by my horrible luck with skill-ups lately... 7 dark knights, 5 light knights, 6 stone knights = 0 skill-ups.
At some point I seriously started wondering if my game was broken or something.

Ha! I felt the same way for a month. No matter how many goblins I fed to gigas or siren I could not get a skillup. Felt completely broken j tip I finally got one yesterday. Stick with it.

Limit

I just tried the Tower of Jewel special stage and got earth light carbuncle egg after completing the adept level. In my current team state her ability of being able to recover 2000 hp seems quite useful. Is she worth leveling up?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just tried the Tower of Jewel special stage and got earth light carbuncle egg after completing the adept level. In my current team state her ability of being able to recover 2000 hp seems quite useful. Is she worth leveling up?

There are much better alternatives. If you need to fill a spot, she doesn't hurt since she has OK RCV. But again, much better use of space later.

Cosmo, can you post some screenshots of what the new UI looks like in 5.2? Eager to get rid of these black bars.
Can't really help you there, I don't have a tallphone. The update site has a few cropped interface changes if you're interested in that (I doubt it but hey)
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/update.html

In other news I woke up at 4am to do Gold Dragon runs, but fell asleep after the first one and didn't even get any kings. Whoops.

J0dy77

I'd keep here around until you get an auto healer. At your early stage of the game I would try and focus on getting a Siren to drop from the second stage of Sea cave mercury.

Edit: for awful grammer

FaceDa

Banned
Anyone know what the 5.2 evo for Siegfried is gonna be? Does it go Sieg > Ult Sieg, or Sieg > King Sieg > Ult Sieg?

What are the requirements?

Love my siegfried so wanna get the materials ready.

FaceDa

Banned
I know I've been irritated about drop rates for different things in this game, but I'm genuinely mad about the Mystic Mask drop rates. 0/8 today. That's four Ancient Dragon runs I desperately needed to skill up my Ancient Dragon. I just don't get the reason for having a Dark and Light mask on the final floor.

I got 2 in one run, then died, burned a gem because hell if I'll miss out on 2 masks, then died again with no more gems :/ wasn't gonna spend a dollar to maybe get some masks.

That said though before the 2x drop event for Rainbow Keepers I was 0/6 which was soul crushing, I can't get through his defenses with my current team so it was just poisoning with evolved Neptune and waiting for him to die with an Ogre/Healer team.

Anyone know what the 5.2 evo for Siegfried is gonna be? Does it go Sieg > Ult Sieg, or Sieg > King Sieg > Ult Sieg?

What are the requirements?

Love my siegfried so wanna get the materials ready.
He evolves from King Sieg and needs R.Keeper, Dragon Fruit, Dub-Rubylit, Dub-Sapphlit, and Dub-Mythlit for the busty. His leader skill changes to 3x ATK for Physical types if I'm not mistaken.

Slottm

Neo Member
It depends on what you need, and what you're actually able to clear. Ocean of Heaven(Neptune stage is best) offers good loot, a lot of gold, and decent exp. If you can clear the Starlight Sanctuary stages reliably, I'd say those are better. I'm not comfortable farming the last 3 stages of SS, but I can regularly farm the second Ceres stage. I discovered that the gold and exp per stamina ratings on the wikis are incorrect. I actually get 30-40K gold and over 7000 exp per run, and the drops are higher leveled, so they provide more exp as feeders or more gold when sold. So, the gold is only a little less, but the exp/stam is much better than Ocean of Heaven. The rare drops are a toss up between whether you prefer Dub-mythlits and Gold Kings or Mystic Masks and Metal Kings. I'd be farming SS Zeus stage or Legendary Earth: Celestial Black Dragon all day if I could work out a team that made it safe and reliable.

Wow. And I thought I had great luck maxing out my Verche with only 10 MLKs.

Do you have an odin or ameterasu? If so, try the setup I use:

Odin/Ama leaders, 2 ancient dragons (max skill for 4 turn 25k nuke) and 2 gravities, such as heras.

I use this to farm hera's stage. It won't work on zeus though, so dont try it.

RNG is messing with me. Last week I didn't catch a single fruit in 15 or so runs. This week I have have caught only fruits on the last level.

*Event Notice*

After discussing the matter internally, we have determined that in order to ensure and maintain the best quality event possible, we are unable to extend this particular x2 Skill Up event; however, we do still have some good news for you.

This is not the last time you will have a chance at the Tower of Poring, and on 5/29 we will be announcing our next event. The upcoming event is scheduled to feature a x2 Skill Up component as well as a few more things you're sure to enjoy.

Thanks for supporting Puzzle & Dragons, and we hope you are looking forward to a great summer of exciting new events!

well damn. another event so soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom