• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nista

Man I'm going to need to clear some box space then...

Managed to clear tower of jewel today, but it doesn't feel worthwhile to farm master.

Is it worth wasting time tomorrow getting more Heras for skillups? I have mine evolved now and a Hades, so is a third gravity necessary for any later dungeons?

Quantum

Why would people be surprised about new events?

The last godfest P&D jumped to the 11th highest grossing app.

Currently It is sitting at 63rd.

It would make sense from a revenue standpoint to keep running events.

tower of jewel + free stones = another rare pull... Golem.

seriously?

(I know its not a godfest pull, but my last 10 rolls have been 3* toons. At least they keep doling out the free stones)

Man I'm going to need to clear some box space then...

Managed to clear tower of jewel today, but it doesn't feel worthwhile to farm master.

Is it worth wasting time tomorrow getting more Heras for skillups? I have mine evolved now and a Hades, so is a third gravity necessary for any later dungeons?

I have a lvl 4 Hera for resolve teams (mainly because I have not finished starlight sanctuary yet.). Other than that two dark gravities are really the gold standard.

massoluk

Banned
Can't believe I'm saying this. I'm drowning in Dragon Plants. I have almost 2 dozens accumulated from last Thursday and now I'm getting more. I just wanted the god damn fruits

muu

Been having a lot of fun w/ this game. itunes cards I got for 20% off last year are begging me to stuff cash into the game... I can see how Gungho went from RO-only to bigger than Nintendo in the course of a year.

I've been using a "keeper of rainbow" I got in a fairly early roll as the leader, which gets me 4000-5000HP. Is there a better monster I should be using as a leader at this point? Lucifer or whatnot that I also got has too low of a HP for me to use at this point. Also, when would it be a good time to use the rare pulls? I'm thinking of holding off at this point, as I've gotten 3 or so cruddy things drop from the machine and can see the streak continuing.

Cerity

Chasing some other seraphim lucifer friends for hera tomorrow, 389 046 235.

Gotta level up my lilith to get through that neptune stage quicker :/

Been having a lot of fun w/ this game. itunes cards I got for 20% off last year are begging me to stuff cash into the game... I can see how Gungho went from RO-only to bigger than Nintendo in the course of a year.

I've been using a "keeper of rainbow" I got in a fairly early roll as the leader, which gets me 4000-5000HP. Is there a better monster I should be using as a leader at this point? Lucifer or whatnot that I also got has too low of a HP for me to use at this point. Also, when would it be a good time to use the rare pulls? I'm thinking of holding off at this point, as I've gotten 3 or so cruddy things drop from the machine and can see the streak continuing.
Use a monster that actually has a beneficial leader skill, at least. Keeper of Rainbow won't do shit as a leader and is better off in a sub spot.

Don't roll the rare egg machine unless there's a Godfest going on!

massoluk

Banned

Yeah, don't user Rainbow Keeper for leader, there are surely more useful leader for you to use. The best next monsters people can work toward, imo, are to evolve lil dragons and those mermaids. Try for those.

muu

realized lucifer gives you double HP, so I'm gonna go with him instead! Thanks for the suggestions.

Has the lv20 gift thing been dropped? I didn't get any messages or notifications that I can gift anyone.

Lumiere

Neo Member
Ha! I felt the same way for a month. No matter how many goblins I fed to gigas or siren I could not get a skillup. Felt completely broken j tip I finally got one yesterday. Stick with it.
Gigas was (still is?) my bane as well, have fed him something close to 30 goblins now and he's still skill level 2. Surprisingly enough I never had trouble with Siren, skilled up a second one very quickly and I'm now dumping Marine Goblins that happen to drop into my Megalodran (and Megalodran is also almost capped...).

Splat

Gigas was (still is?) my bane as well, have fed him something close to 30 goblins now and he's still skill level 2. Surprisingly enough I never had trouble with Siren, skilled up a second one very quickly and I'm now dumping Marine Goblins that happen to drop into my Megalodran (and Megalodran is also almost capped...).

I've been chasing Gigas on weekends for a month now, still no drop :(

Do you have an odin or ameterasu? If so, try the setup I use:

Odin/Ama leaders, 2 ancient dragons (max skill for 4 turn 25k nuke) and 2 gravities, such as heras.

I use this to farm hera's stage. It won't work on zeus though, so dont try it.
Yeah. I originally beat SS:Hera with the team you listed, except I used the Lil' Dragon rippers, instead. But it just took an annoyingly long time to recharge the rippers after every battle. It wasn't worth it for me to farm that stage with such a slow team. That's why I'm skilling-up 2 Ancient Light Dragons. And I already did the math for Zeus and knew it wouldn't work without manually healing. So, I beat that stage with a Perseverance team. But that is no where near safe or quick either.

So no 2x skill-up for the upcoming Poring dungeon, but there will be another one soon, huh? Eh. I can't afford to keep my box space tied up, waiting for the next event. Though, if I'm not able to max skill all the monsters I plan to during the first Poring appearance, then at least I'll get a second crack at it with 2x rate later.

Still, I don't understand what GungHo means by ensuring the "best event possible." How would extending the 2x skill-up rate an extra day diminish it? Makes no sense, but whatever.

Slottm

Neo Member
George - after testing the dungeon out, I don't think my run was that much faster by putting a light ancient in (against hera, 1 light ancient made the run 12 turns faster on average) The problem is, I was running with green/blue before, which was able to one shot the opposite color demons with ease. Now getting through demons takes longer.

Still, I don't understand what GungHo means by ensuring the "best event possible." How would extending the 2x skill-up rate an extra day diminish it? Makes no sense, but whatever.

"We don't know how to change the skillup event duration without cocking something else up majorly so we're just going to leave it be"

Radav

So no 2x skill-up for the upcoming Poring dungeon, but there will be another one soon, huh? Eh. I can't afford to keep my box space tied up, waiting for the next event. Though, if I'm not able to max skill all the monsters I plan to during the first Poring appearance, then at least I'll get a second crack at it with 2x rate later.

I think I'm just going to feed the stuff I get on Saturday skillup event be damned. I never really notice any kind of increase in how lucky I am skilling up during these events anyway.

I need someone to explain to me what the deal is with Tower of Jewel. I ran it a 6 times this morning and didn't get 1 plus egg, no dub-mythlit and of course no Super King Gold Dragon. I should have known better then to waste the stamina but when they said they had fixed it I assumed I'd at least get some plus eggs. Is the drop rate and appearance of the "rare" stuff in this way better in the japanese version of PAD? It just feels like there's no reason to run this at all.

George - after testing the dungeon out, I don't think my run was that much faster by putting a light ancient in (against hera, 1 light ancient made the run 12 turns faster on average) The problem is, I was running with green/blue before, which was able to one shot the opposite color demons with ease. Now getting through demons takes longer.
I see. Well, when I beat it, the only way I was killing Demons was with my rippers, so each battle took 20+ turns. 2 rippers on a 4 turn counter would obviously be faster. Actually, when I ran it before, my monsters weren't even maxed out, so I couldn't reliably kill Demons with simple orb matching, because their defense were too high. And I would always keep at least 1 ripper charged in case I encountered a group of Devils/Demons on a 1 turn counter.

"We don't know how to change the skillup event duration without cocking something else up majorly so we're just going to leave it be"
Ha! After all those compensations, they're like fuck it. We'll just run the dungeon again during the Devil god fest.

I think I'm just going to feed the stuff I get on Saturday skillup event be damned. I never really notice any kind of increase in how lucky I am skilling up during these events anyway.

I need someone to explain to me what the deal is with Tower of Jewel. I ran it a 6 times this morning and didn't get 1 plus egg, no dub-mythlit and of course no Super King Gold Dragon. I should have known better then to waste the stamina but when they said they had fixed it I assumed I'd at least get some plus eggs. Is the drop rate and appearance of the "rare" stuff in this way better in the japanese version of PAD? It just feels like there's no reason to run this at all.
Yeah. After running it quite a few times last time and hardly getting any +eggs, I stopped farming it. Someone else said Japan sometimes gets it with a 2x drop rate. So, maybe that's when it's generous with +egg drops.

Anyone going to be running an Odin with 3800+HP tomorrow? Heck I really just need any Odin for Hera farming tomorrow.

I've got an Ammy with 1700hp, but 583 rcv (well enough to heal Hera and Hades after 80% damage reduction.

mercviper

Anyone going to be running an Odin with 3800+HP tomorrow? Heck I really just need any Odin for Hera farming tomorrow.

I've got an Ammy with 1700hp, but 583 rcv (well enough to heal Hera and Hades after 80% damage reduction.

I'm in the same boat. Need Odins that have 3767+ hp. :/

If you have one for Hera send me an invite please :D

My ammy is max lvl with 2351 hp and 715 RCV.

I'm in the same boat. Need Odins that have 3767+ hp. :/

If you have one for Hera send me an invite please :D

My ammy is max lvl with 2351 hp and 715 RCV.

Invites sent. I'm done for the night. Leaving my 4149HP Awoken Odin up. Good luck!

J0dy77

We're having an eerily similar time. My first siren was cake. Vampire, Gigas and 2nd Siren have been a real chore.

How far into the game is Sacred Mt. Bakkes?

I need to get there to get an azure demon mask, I'm currently at fire forest nerva.

You're better off doing the Wednesday dungeon with a cheap resolve team.

Apparently they're un-nerfing Drop Refresh to 6cd at max SL...

What does this mean? What's the "Drop refresh to 6cd"?

massoluk

Banned
Curses, still doesn't have anything good to take on Hera :\

On the other hand, unexpectedly got another Ancient Light Dragon... Do I feed him or do keep him? Leaning toward feeding because who the hell have 120 cost to spare.

I had four PAL egg things between last night and today. I got a "Rare" Vampire and a "Super Rare" Dub-amelit. Then Red Ogre and lil White Dragon. Recommendations?

EDIT: Magic egg got me a "Rare" Mermaid. Pretty cool I guess.

I had four PAL egg things between last night and today. I got a "Rare" Vampire and a "Super Rare" Dub-amelit. Then Red Ogre and lil White Dragon. Recommendations?

Red Ogre is a common drop in later dungeons but they're all fantastic utility monsters. Dub-amelit is an evolution material for later monsters.
In 5.2 GungHo nerfed Big Woodsie/Mastering's skill from having a cool down of 5 turns at max SL to 11 turns because of the potential game breaking effect it can have on charging up skills. People complained, predictably, so they're adjusting it back to a more reasonable cooldown.

This is why people have started joking that Japan has become the beta testers for our updates.

'Drop Refresh' is the skill that basically 'resets' the board and apparently gives you a free attack. Common on Green Goblins and something from the Poring dungeon. CD used to max out at 4, so you basically could attack forever with 4 of these on max skill.

at least I think thats correct

i hate you. Very good pulls from the PAL machine. if by 'magic egg' you mean RARE pull...don't do that unless its a godfest. I'd work on the Siren first, incredibly useful.

Nista

I have a lvl 4 Hera for resolve teams (mainly because I have not finished starlight sanctuary yet.). Other than that two dark gravities are really the gold standard.

Since my luck with farming special dungeons for skillups is pretty terrible, I think I'll just let Hera slide today. I only need 10 or so mythlits to drop, so let's hope the 2x gods smile upon me today instead.

Since my luck with farming special dungeons for skillups is pretty terrible, I think I'll just let Hera slide today. I only need 10 or so mythlits to drop, so let's hope the 2x gods smile upon me today instead.

Maybe i'm just having good luck...but I've seen tons of mythlits in the lower tech dungeons while Pengdra gathering. There was one bizarre run I saw 3 in one run
..but none droped
. I suggest checking there as well, maybe on Monday more than today though.

I'll keep D/D Hades up most of the day if you guys need him for Hera. Max level.

mercviper

Hera get! Probably run it one more time today and then focus on other things
It's too time consuming and I'll just level up these 2 to farm it the next time she comes around.

Radav

9 Ruby Dragon runs, 8 Kings and 5 Highs!! Had one run where I saw 3 kings and got 2 of them. Nice! Makes up for the unreal number of seeds and carbuncles I picked up yesterday farming for dragon plants. I had awful luck all week any time I ran any of the metal/jewel dragon dungeons too.

Jagernaut

Beat Hera twice. The second time I used Hera in place of my Lightning Holy Dragon and even though it speeded up my God battles (especially Hera) the first 4 stages took much longer.

Abandond

Saved up my pal points and rolled 10 eggs.

The good stuff: Divine Carmine Mask, Red Goblin with +1 on RCV, Mystic Mask, Keeper of Dark (which I needed to evolve my D'spinas!).

Is the increased drop rate for PAL eggs only temporary? I need two keeper of rainbows and a keeper of woods.

Saved up my pal points and rolled 10 eggs.

The good stuff: Divine Carmine Mask, Red Goblin with +1 on RCV, Mystic Mask, Keeper of Dark (which I needed to evolve my D'spinas!).

Is the increased drop rate for PAL eggs only temporary? I need two keeper of rainbows and a keeper of woods.
It's temporary, but it happens every time there's an event (which we know will happen on the 29th). Sometimes they throw us for a loop and do something like "super kings sometimes" or "gold dragons up" instead of boosting evo mats.

Cerity

Finally cleared hera, 3 stones... made shitty mistakes. Silliest one was nuking hades and then walking into hera with siren's skill not active and no heart orbs on the board. Don't think I'll be doing that again until my team is substantially higher levelled. 42k health doesn't leave enough room to take it easy enough.

I think dublit farming is by far the worst one. I need one Dub Amelit but of course I'm catching everything else instead. I may end up using stones cause I don't want to wait a week to evolve my lucifer.

Apparently they're un-nerfing Drop Refresh to 6cd at max SL...
the ultimate troll....
I should've known...

Damn, I didn't realize today was the end of the current event, and I haven't gotten a single skill-up for my second Light Whiskey Dragon. Too busy farming Plants, Dragons, and Pengdra the last several days. Guess I'll farm what I can and feed it today, then hold the rest for the next event, which shouldn't be far off.

Abandond

Is it stupid to use enhance material of a different color to power up a monster?

I just got 5 ruby dragons from the dungeon but I don't really have a red monster and have no space in my box, lol.

I think I might just buy 5 slots.

Two Hera RUns today.

I did get 1 red mystic (with plus egg) in addition to the two heras. I got the skill up on pheonix knight Homura, but no skill ups on dual dark Hades. Going to run it one more time and then save stamina for poring tomorrow.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm on vacation currently, so I can't get much time in. Will Poring be around again anytime soon??? I am going to try and burn stam as much as I can on it tomorrow...

Also, anyone know what team comps will work for the highest level of the dungeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom