• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

Also, anyone know what team comps will work for the highest level of the dungeon?

Judging from the information on pdx website it looks like a mono-color team should have no issue with it. It looks like you need some kind of poison or def. break for one of the porings so keep that in mind otherwise the end boss hits for 11k per 3 turns so it should be pretty easy.

J0dy77

I'm on vacation currently, so I can't get much time in. Will Poring be around again anytime soon??? I am going to try and burn stam as much as I can on it tomorrow...

Also, anyone know what team comps will work for the highest level of the dungeon?

They've hinted that since the dungeon will be outside of the 2x event, they're going to bring it back in a new event next week. Save any drops you get until the 2x.

They've hinted that since the dungeon will be outside of the 2x event, they're going to bring it back in a new event next week. Save any drops you get until the 2x.
Some people have just speculated that they're only announcing the start of the next 2x skillup event, not necessarily that Poring Tower is coming back. In other words, "hey guys save 90000 box space for an entire week thanks!"

Can someone explain to me how Porings work exactly?

Porings are monsters that max out at LV1 and have terrible stats so that in 99% of situations you'd never want to run them in your party. HOWEVER, they share active skills of several hard-to-obtain monsters: Machine Golems, Highlander, Berserk, Valkyrie, Lilith, and Kagatsuchi off the top of my head. The Expert difficulty also drops evolved slimes so you can skill up Titan, Siren/Shardra, Mastering, Fairlio, and Vampire quickly and effectively.

Abandond

Some people have just speculated that they're only announcing the start of the next 2x skillup event, not necessarily that Poring Tower is coming back. In other words, "hey guys save 90000 box space for an entire week thanks!"

Porings are monsters that max out at LV1 and have terrible stats so that in 99% of situations you'd never want to run them in your party. HOWEVER, they share active skills of several hard-to-obtain monsters: Machine Golems, Highlander, Berserk, Valkyrie, Lilith, and Kagatsuchi off the top of my head. The Expert difficulty also drops evolved slimes so you can skill up Titan, Siren/Shardra, Mastering, Fairlio, and Vampire quickly and effectively.

Oh, awesome. Thanks!
I have another question.. I'm looking at this schedule on puzzledragonx:
2OOeZoo.png

Third number from the left on my ID is an 8 so that means I belong to group D right? Does that mean that I'll see another ruby dragon special dungeon in two hours and 15 or so minutes?

oh flippin great.

oh flippin great.

Some of us can't get a Siren and have to make do with what we have, okay

EDIT:
[22:52:32] <Unknown_PC> they just added multiple entries so they can buff/nerf easily
[22:52:42] <Unknown_PC> by just changing a skill ID
[22:53:02] <Unknown_PC> there are 6 Orb Refreshes in skill data, all with different cooldowns
[22:53:20] <Unknown_PC> so they can still nerf it again in coming weeks

oh gungtroll...

Is it weird that I'm excited to grind out 60 ranks?
Haha! Not at all. Increasing stamina and team cost really opens the game up. You're just too limited with what monsters you can roster, and even what dungeons you can run with too little team cost or stamina. And the more stamina you have, the more you get out of stones, should you choose to use them for refills.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Judging from the information on pdx website it looks like a mono-color team should have no issue with it. It looks like you need some kind of poison or def. break for one of the porings so keep that in mind otherwise the end boss hits for 11k per 3 turns so it should be pretty easy.

Should be manageable. May try with a resist + Neptune partner. What element is the dude who hits that hard? Sorry...I normally check PDX, but connection here at Disney is misery, haha.

Abandond

Ahhh what did I do with my dragon flower I can't evolve my d'spinas now!

Just got my dragon knight so I need to work on getting him up.

Anything else I should go for? I guess I should get another dragon, need a blue and red monster really since I have Lucifer.

Haha! Not at all. Increasing stamina and team cost really opens the game up. You're just too limited with what monsters you can roster, and even what dungeons you can run with too little team cost or stamina. And the more stamina you have, the more you get out of stones, should you choose to use them for refills.

Cannot wait. When does the stamina reduction happen anyway?

Skye

Cannot wait. When does the stamina reduction happen anyway?

11 AM PST (so about 10 and a half hours from now).

I'm excited for Poring Tower. Not so excited about having to hold onto these guys for half a week for next 2x skill up event through...

If you're asking about Dragons of the Tower, it's 1/2 stamina all day every weekend.

Damn it! My second Light Whiskey only needed one more skill-up for max, and I already had 4 ready to feed. But out of habit to feed 5 monsters at a time, I entered the dungeon again, not realizing it was only 10 minutes to midnight. Of course I didn't beat it in time to make one last feeding during the 2x skill-up event. So, I fed it the 5 Whiskeys anyway, and didn't get the skill-up.

Abandond

11 AM PST (so about 10 and a half hours from now).

I'm excited for Poring Tower. Not so excited about having to hold onto these guys for half a week for next 2x skill up event through...

Mine is happening right now!

Also I was holding onto a dragon flower for this evo but I somehow lost it. I probably sold like 7 prior to get room and now I can't get another one at alllll.

On the plus side, I used the emerald dragons I got earlier on my dragon knight and he's level 38 now. Going to run as much of the metal dragon as possible to max out my moondragon d'spinas, once I can get a fucking flowerrrrr.

Skye

Oh sorry, PDX says half stamina on Tower of Giants is from 11AM to 11PM so that's what I went with. I've never noticed that it's actually just all weekend, haha.

Abandond

What is the point of Water Pendra exactly?

and how is Lil' Blue Dragon when it's involved? Rolled 5 more pal eggs and got one and I kinda need a blue monster to level up.

So are the Poring drops pretty much just to be used for skill ups or is Poring->Mastering a good monster to keep?

I cleared all three difficulties. I did it using a mono-green team with a Shiva mixed in. If I do it again I will probably bring Neptune instead.

Skye

and how is Lil' Blue Dragon when it's involved? Rolled 5 more pal eggs and got one and I kinda need a blue monster to level up.

Pengdras are used as exp fodder. If you feed &#8776;2560 exp to any pengdra, it will give 6000 base exp (so 9000 exp to same type) when fed to another monster. If you then evolve that pengdra, it will give 30,000 base exp (so a whooping 45,000 when fed to same type). Evolving pengdras is what most people do with their jewel dragons (and dragon plants).

The Lil' Blue Dragon when fully evolved becomes fairly useful because it will provide 50% reduction to water enemies (when used as leader) which will be useful for certain dungeons. Its active skill does 20,000 damage to all enemies making it useful for super defensive teams. Many people will recommend having one of each color fully evolved.

Abandond

Pengdras are used as exp fodder. If you feed &#8776;2560 exp to any pengdra, it will give 6000 base exp (so 9000 exp to same type) when fed to another monster. If you then evolve that pengdra, it will give 30,000 base exp (so a whooping 45,000 when fed to same type). Evolving pengdras is what most people do with their jewel dragons (and dragon plants).

The Lil' Blue Dragon when fully evolved becomes fairly useful because it will provide 50% reduction to water enemies (when used as leader) which will be useful for certain dungeons. Its active skill does 20,000 damage to all enemies making it useful for super defensive teams. Many people will recommend having one of each color fully evolved.

Oh that's pretty cool. I'll work on that then.

I have now have 10 metal dragons but I have no more room in my box and still haven't gotten a dragon flower. Guess I'm increasing by box by 5 again.

I am going insaneeee. Any recommended level for dragon flowers?

why am i getting 0 pal points from everyonee

edit 4 or something: woo got my d'spinas evolved! still not sure why i'm getting 0 pal points though.

edit 5: lack of dark pengdra in english version makes me sad.

J0dy77

Hey guys, Dark or Light Ceres?

I went light because it worked better in my Horus team. Vampire is a staple for my team and always has the dark covered. Light is harder to find.

The 5.2 update is bringing the light version the healer sub type that fits in really well with a Valk team.

Go with whatever color works best with your box.

J0dy77

To add to Skye's point. One of each ripper should be a focus early on. The first end game team that almost everyone builds is the Ancient Dragon Knight team that gives 2.5x ATk to dragons. You'll use the lil dragons in that team as well as their 50% reduction to clear tougher dungeons. I still use my dark lil dragon (aka ripper) in my ADK team at tank 156.

Abandond

To add to Skye's point. One of each ripper should be a focus early on. The first end game team that almost everyone builds is the Ancient Dragon Knight team that gives 2.5x ATk to dragons. You'll use the lil dragons in that team as well as their 50% reduction to clear tougher dungeons. I still use my dark lil dragon (aka ripper) in my ADK team at tank 156.

Alright, I'll work on getting them once I rank up a decent amount using dragons of the tower.

I wish I got more emerald dragons. I want to rank up this dragon knight to ADK already!

Do the dragons follow a specific schedule? Like are metal dragons always on saturdays etc?

edit: just now getting pal points, probably missed out on 200+ :/.

toshi

Neo Member
Hey does anyone know what is the drop rate for red poring? I completed the master level once but it didn't drop any egg.

Kosh

US] 5/25/2013
Tower of Poring open for 24 hours! Use the event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/117721385099974/
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
C: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Radav

Man I hope we get poring tower for 2 weeks with this next event. My first master run I got like 5 porings. With the randomness of skillups and drops I'm going to just hold my stones and run it as much as possible today hoping we get it for longer then 1 day in the future. I know the minute I use a stone Ill get 2 runs where all I get are demons so I'll save myself the agony. lol

Uthred

Shouldnt have finished off my last hera run just after getting up, got to hera using a poverty resolve team and two stones which I was happy enough with. But three sleepy finger slips (which sounds more risque than it is) cost me another three stones, which is just stupid (on my part obviously).

OTIX

Alright, I'll work on getting them once I rank up a decent amount using dragons of the tower.

I wish I got more emerald dragons. I want to rank up this dragon knight to ADK already!

Do the dragons follow a specific schedule? Like are metal dragons always on saturdays etc?

edit: just now getting pal points, probably missed out on 200+ :/.
Ideally you shouldn't waste jewel dragons by fusing them directly, they are much more valuable for evolving pengdra. Once you beat Castle of Satan you have access to the technical dungeons where you can farm as many pengdras as you like. The dragons are usually dark every other day and a rotating colour every other day, I think it's red->blue->green. But no weekly schedule.

Abandond

Ideally you shouldn't waste jewel dragons by fusing them directly, they are much more valuable for evolving pengdra. Once you beat Castle of Satan you have access to the technical dungeons where you can farm as many pengdras as you like. The dragons are usually dark every other day and a rotating colour every other day, I think it's red->blue->green. But no weekly schedule.

Alrighty!

The bolded doesn't apply to metal dragons right? Puzzledragonx says dark pengdra are only in the JP release.

Unless you spend stones to expand your monster box, I wouldn't even bother farming the Jewel/Metal Dragon dungeons until you unlock the matching Technical dungeons to also farm Pengdra to feed the Dragons to.

As for the Porings, it's pretty much up to the RNG whether you get a good amount of Porings or not. Though, Mastering seems to drop more frequently on Master. I'm 0/4 on Mastering drops in Expert, but 4/6 on Master. Even though Master costs double the stamina, I'm still running it for the higher gold, exp, and higher leveled drops. At this point, I'm less concerned with stamina efficiency and more concerned with time.

maks

I have 5 pal egg pulls stored up. Do they run any pal events I should be waiting for? Also, do the monsters from Egg Machines scale up along with me as I make more progress in the game? I know i should wait for god fest on the REM but not sure about pal.

I've been burned on just about every pull so far.

Jagernaut

Unless you spend stones to expand your monster box, I wouldn't even bother farming the Jewel/Metal Dragon dungeons until you unlock the matching Technical dungeons to also farm Pengdra to feed the Dragons to.

I think it is still worth it whenever we have 2x king appearance events.

Does the red Poring only drop from the final boss? I have run adept, expert x 3, and master. I have at least 3 of every poring but red. I need 2 reds to make a Mastering.

I have 5 pal egg pulls stored up. Do they run any pal events I should be waiting for? Also, do the monsters from Egg Machines scale up along with me as I make more progress in the game? I know i should wait for god fest on the REM but not sure about pal.

yes, wait until an event. You'lll get a higher chance for evo materials

Man. I am in love with Zaerog! It's so damn good. 12.25x ATK with no conditional triggers. I'm currently running Zaerog/ADK/ADK/CDK/CDK/Zaerog, with all ADKs and CDKs at max skill. I only have a few Zaerog friends, but when I run out I can still pair up with an ADK for 8.75x ATK with no conditions. I can kill Mastering on Master in 1 turn with dual Zaerogs or 2 turns with Zaerog/ADK without using its gravity skill. The only weakness is the low HP(Zaerog, ADK, and CDK all have low HP for Dragons) and low RCV. I'm really contemplating cannibalizing my max level, max skill, +99 RCV Siren to start my Zaerog off toward +297. I already have another max skill Siren that's only Lvl.40 with no +RCV. And I wouldn't even benefit from any feeder exp since my Zaerog is already at max level. But I just find myself never even using Siren, except on Resolve/Healer and Odin/Healer teams. So, I can always level up my Ami for that. I can just see Zaerog being an every-dungeon team for both farming and super tough dungeons with its 12.25x ATK and 35% gravity skill. For the hardest dungeons, I'd probably have to go mono-Dark without the ADKs, and add Echidna/Orochi for delay. So, maybe Zaerog/Dark Whiskey/CDK/CDK/Echidna/Zaerog.

You just missed the last Pal egg event. It ended last night. Unless you need something specific from the normal pool of Pal monsters, just save them until the next special Pal event. You can save up to 50 Pal eggs at a time, so you're not likely to max out your Pal pulls before the next event.

And no, the Pal monsters don't scale up. The only time you'll pull better/rarer monsters are during special events. The best we've had so far, is when GungHo added King and Super King Jewel/Metal Dragons to the Pal machine.

0/4 for mastering on master today. Probably not going to get even 1 poring today. I have gotten two skill ups on Lilith, 2 on highlander and 1 on berserk.

I really is a shame I do not have a Valkyrie. So many light porings, and nothing to skill up...

0/4 for mastering on master today. Probably not going to get even 1 poring today. I have gotten two skill ups on Lilith, 2 on highlander and 1 on berserk.

I really is a shame I do not have a Valkyrie. So many light porings, and nothing to skill up...

how many did it take you for those skill ups? Wondering if I should wait until the 2x event before trying. Box space shouldn't be much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom