• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
On his first run through on the first turn Highlander bound all his fire monsters (so 5/6 of his party) for ten turns, then Berserk cast darkness on his field. Hera and Zeus also use the latest in bullshit PAD tech where they pre-emptively attack before you even get a turn.

It certainly seems up there with Valk and Zeus in terms of magic stone vending machines but at least he doesn't heal like Valkyrie.

Yikes...Pre-emptive strike sounds miserable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looked at pictures of the Facebook post that did a 2x Anubis clear of that Zeus dungeon in JP. I have no idea how you can do a 10x combo regularly like that...

I got a x22 combo completely on accident this weekend. It was on a half-stamina dungeon(can't remember which), and on a single low-level enemy that was at half health.

I mean, I was pumped because holy shit x22, but to waste it on some red goblin or whatever it was...:(

Hmm, how many runs should I be expecting to do before Ancient Dark Dragon drops? Also does the difficulty have any effect on the drop rate?

The splits are approxmiately 100%/40%/5%/1% between Legendary/Master/Expert/Adept. I've found that I usually get one drop from Expert if I run it for two weeks nonstop.

ccbfan

Can anyone put a Gabriel or Blue Noel Up?

I'm about to try a ridicules

Blue Noel
Siren
Blue Ancient
Blue Mech Dragon
Hera

Blue Noel/Gabriel

Party for Legend Dark Ancient.

Will take forever (Since there's 0 blue or dark orbs) but I should to able to complete it.

xCobalt

Can anyone put a Gabriel or Blue Noel Up?

I'm about to try a ridicules

Blue Noel
Siren
Blue Ancient
Blue Mech Dragon
Hera

Blue Noel/Gabriel

Party for Legend Dark Ancient.

Will take forever (Since there's 0 blue or dark orbs) but I should to able to complete it.

Just put my noel up.

atlantos

Neo Member
I'd say the 3rd or 5th sub level would be best. 3rd has the highest exp/stam. 5th has the most floors with a chance to catch one. Make sure you bring poison or armor break for the boss of the 5th level.

Yep, thanks... I have completed the level before... And I got plenty of poison monsters...

Abandond

WZcEfCx.jpg

So uhh.. hopefully emerald dragons stop by tomorrow...

Kosh

[US] 5/28/2013
Ancient Dark Dragon
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

J0dy77

WZcEfCx.jpg

So uhh.. hopefully emerald dragons stop by tomorrow...

You may have a few more days before that hits. I'd suggest using those 4 extra stones on boxes and save two rolls for whatever Godfest comes around with the next event. Getting your box space to 100 is key early on.

Clearing Castle of Satan final level made me use two stones, lol. I just wanted to get it over with ;-;.

Ugh! Don't ever ever waste stones on the early dungeons without rare drops. You'll get through eventually and the stones are scarce the farther along you go. Having 10 extra box slots is a much better use.

Radav

So yesterday I spent almost all of my stamina running Iris Hill. 11 Runs total and I saw 3 dub-mythlits and I was lucky enough to get 1 to drop. The strange thing was I didn't get 1 plus egg. Did any of you guys run techs yesterday and get them? Overall I ran 16 tech levels and didn't see one drop. I understand how the RNG can be really weird in this game I'm just curious if anyone had a similar experience.

Oh and btw hit 100 stamina yesterday!

J0dy77

So yesterday I spent almost all of my stamina running Iris Hill. 11 Runs total and I saw 3 dub-mythlits and I was lucky enough to get 1 to drop. The strange thing was I didn't get 1 plus egg. Did any of you guys run techs yesterday and get them? Overall I ran 16 tech levels and didn't see one drop. I understand how the RNG can be really weird in this game I'm just curious if anyone had a similar experience.

Oh and btw hit 100 stamina yesterday!

Congrats on 100 Stamina, I hit 96 myself and it's starting to feel really nice. Being able to run 8 -10 dungeons at a clip really ups your play time, especially when you level up.

I've always had awful luck with + eggs in the tech dungeons. I didn't get one to drop during the 5x event. Ocean of Heaven on the weekends and the higher level normal dungeons with 1.5x seem to be the luckiest spots for + eggs for me.

Not having an event around is a good thing sometimes. Picked up the Dark Ancient Dragon and Legendary Green Dragon with nothing better to do. For anyone still working on the Green, Shiva friend was really easy (kicking myself for not running her the 2 times he didnt drop). What is everyone using for the Dark Ancient dungeon? I'd like to skill up the dark dragon but it was painfully slow the first time.

I was running tech dungeons all day too, and I didn't get a single +egg. I got a 10 or 15 from Ocean of Heaven this weekend though. I'm sitting on 32 right now, but I can't decide who to give them too.

Edit: I've also caught 5 mythlits between yesterday and to in the tech dungeons. I haven't really needed them in awhile, but I can't bring myself to feed them off.

Just finished Legend Ancient Dark Dragon.

Ran Dual Dark Hades (Leader)

Wind Prodigy Sasuke (Ridiculous HP and ATK)
Ancient Wind Dragon
ADK (Max Skilled)
Wind Mech Dragon Canopus

Artemis 6* (Max Level)

This would have been a great team, probably could have 0-Stoned it if I had a Green leader. My green monsters tear things up, I just have nothing that can boost them myself, and I have been having trouble getting dub-emelits for bustying my green starter.

Either 2x HP or 2x RCV would have done the trick.

raiot

So, it looks like I'm able to farm Cao-Ila on Legend!
Currently sitting on 6 Dragons.
My Lineup:

Leader: Artemis 65
Leader: Freya 99

Subs:
Siren the Enchanter 52 max skill
Ancient Wood Dragon Lagavulin 53 max skill
Ancient Dragon Knight 55 max skill
Awoken Odin 37 <--- This is just for the HP and RCV, as soon as my Dark Ceres is leveled up, it will take this spot

I run Adep 3 times i got 1 every single time.

This is an outlier and shouldn't be expected. That is staggeringly lucky.

So, it looks like I'm able to farm Cao-Ila on Legend!
Currently sitting on 6 Dragons.
My Lineup:

Leader: Artemis 65
Leader: Freya 99

Subs:
Siren the Enchanter 52 max skill
Ancient Wood Dragon Lagavulin 53 max skill
Ancient Dragon Knight 55 max skill
Awoken Odin 37 <--- This is just for the HP and RCV, as soon as my Dark Ceres is leveled up, it will take this spot

What was your HP/RCV. I just tried with Parv/Artemis which put me around 29k HP and lvl5 crushed me with 2x Devil Slash

raiot

My HP was 23k.
I tried it with Aremis / Parvati and 43k HP and failed at the devils, too.
The trick is: Stall the first 4 turns to have Freya and Artemis skill ready. Then just kill them on your first attack... This is the only tricky part of the dungeon, the rest is a cakewalk...

My HP was 23k.
I tried it with Aremis / Parvati and 43k HP and failed at the devils, too.
The trick is: Stall the first 4 turns to have Freya and Artemis skill ready. Then just kill them on your first attack... This is the only tricky part of the dungeon, the rest is a cakewalk...

Problem is, I only have Parv :D With Michael/Artemis I can turn the whole board Green, but that isn't enough w/o some luck on the stones that drop. Sticking with Expert for now, find that gives the best Moldra drops.

stealth edit : any word on what the 29th event is going to be?

Slottm

Neo Member
This is an outlier and shouldn't be expected. That is staggeringly lucky.

What was your HP/RCV. I just tried with Parv/Artemis which put me around 29k HP and lvl5 crushed me with 2x Devil Slash

You're handling demons wrong with a mono green team. Demons only use evil slash sub 50%, therefore, you're best off killing the light demon first (hits weaker than dark and has less health/armor) then attack the dark. Avoid getting both to 50%, and you should only take 21088 damage per turn maximum.

Pacman2k

Just evo'd my Michael. If anyone is needing a modestly leveled one, let me know. (303,245,213)

My green isnt strong enough to do master easily, but expert is a joke, so I'm in that middle difficulty dead zone.

If the chimeras are on the same turn I am in trouble, and if I run double Michael / Noel I don't do enough DPS before I get bound and owned.

Might try my D/D hades + all green + Artemis for reliable clears? (Woody your artemis remains invaluable. Thanks again.)

Just evo'd my Michael. If anyone is needing a modestly leveled one, let me know. (303,245,213)

My green isnt strong enough to do master easily, but expert is a joke, so I'm in that middle difficulty dead zone.

If the chimeras are on the same turn I am in trouble, and if I run double Michael / Noel I don't do enough DPS before I get bound and owned.

Might try my D/D hades + all green + Artemis for reliable clears? (Woody your artemis remains invaluable. Thanks again.)

I ran D/D Hades, all green + Artemis for Legendary this morning. I got the clear, but the off color demon was a stone, and running out of heart orbs was another stone on the boss.

It could EASILY do Master (because there are no off color monsters in that dungeon). Just watch heal orbs on Chimera and Coal-lia and only pop Artemis's skill when you are at full (or close to full after a non-special attack). You will still be in danger of running out of heart orbs on the boss, but it should be easy street until then.

Here's what I've been using to farm Legendary Dark Whiskey:

P5slBho.png

Of course, I pair up with a friend Zeus. As for strategy, I don't bother charging up Zeus' gravity skill. It takes too long, and is not reliable enough to depend on. I end up either killing things before I'm able to charge up, or I'm forced to kill things just to survive or to avoid getting my entire team bound. Thor is nice to have charged up, but not absolutely necessary. At the minimum, I like to have Echidna charged for the boss, which I currently have a 100% success rate when I make it to the boss with at least Echidna charged. But one time, I did have to use Echidna on Archangel when I failed to 1-shot her and didn't have 3 or more Hearts on the board to heal, so I didn't have Echidna charged for the boss. But, by activating the skills of Thor, Fuma, and Valkyrie at the same time, along with an 11-chain combo, I was able to 1-shot the 4mil+ HP boss. That's a whopping 27x ATK multiplier.

It's not a foolproof team, but it's fast and I have about an 85% success rate with it. As one might guess, the most likely deaths come from reaching the stage 5 Demons without any skills charged and very little Light orbs on the board. I can usually 1-shot the Dark Demon with a decent amount of Light orbs on board, but if both Demons survive, then it's a race to kill the Dark Demon before it starts using Evil Slash or hold out until Echidna is charged. I've actually been able to weather both Demons' simultaneous attacks, when I accidentally botched my first attack and didn't do any damage at all. With both Demons at full health, I was in no danger of either of them using Evil Slash, while I was able to heal and charge skills between attacks. It's when I deal enough damage to the Dark Demon to put it below Evil Slash threshold without killing it, that the situation is most critical.

Man I made it to the final boss on legend with my mono Freyja/Artemis team but ran out of hearts with about 25% left. That's super frustrating, especially since it was really easy up to the point where no hearts appeared. Probably should have used Siren instead of Parvati.

Musan

Man I made it to the final boss on legend with my mono Freyja/Artemis team but ran out of hearts with about 25% left. That's super frustrating, especially since it was really easy up to the point where no hearts appeared. Probably should have used Siren instead of Parvati.

Yeah, Siren helps a lot for healing in general when you can only take one hit from the boss. I use either that team now or double Fire Noel if I have a lot of time.

xCobalt

I don't have a team setup for Ancient Dark either. My best teams are Water and Dark. I'm definitely gonna spend some time levelling up my green team now that I got Artemis awhile back.

Abandond

This is what I am currently rolling with. My HP is really too low I think, what can I swap out to get some better HP?

35ZhB1z.jpg

I could take out my lucifer and put in two keepers but I don't think that'll do much of anything since I'd lose the double hp he provides to dark.

Anything I can farm to get a decent RCV/HP monster? I'm currently at the tower of flare.

Oh I think I'm going to get Cupid since it's 1.5x drop from Apollo.

Archangel is actually pretty awesome.

This is what I am currently rolling with. My HP is really too low I think, what can I swap out to get some better HP?

35ZhB1z.jpg

I could take out my lucifer and put in two keepers but I don't think that'll do much of anything since I'd lose the double hp he provides to dark.

Anything I can farm to get a decent RCV/HP monster? I'm currently at the tower of flare.

Oh I think I'm going to get Cupid since it's 1.5x drop from Apollo.

Archangel is actually pretty awesome.
Good luck, but don't think that 1.5x drop rate makes any appreciable difference in getting those super rare dungeon drops, such as any of the Healer girls, Vampire, Titan, etc.. The drop rates are atrocious, so consider yourself very lucky to get one without extensive farming, 1.5x drop rate or not. But if you're prepared to put in possibly considerable time farming for a Healer, I highly recommend farming Sea Cave Mercury: Voice of the Siren instead. Siren is the best of the farmable Healer girls, due to her easily leveled-up active skill. Echidna is debatably more valuable for her skill, but for pure healing, Siren is better. And as a bonus, the Marine Goblins that drop in Sea Cave Mercury can be fed to Siren for skillups.

Abandond

Good luck, but don't think that 1.5x drop rate makes any appreciable difference in getting those super rare dungeon drops, such as any of the Healer girls, Vampire, Titan, etc.. The drop rates are atrocious, so consider yourself very lucky to get one without extensive farming, 1.5x drop rate or not. But if you're prepared to put in possibly considerable time farming for a Healer, I highly recommend farming Sea Cave Mercury: Voice of the Siren instead. Siren is the best of the farmable Healer girls, due to her easily leveled-up active skill. Echidna is debatably more valuable for her skill, but for pure healing, Siren is better. And as a bonus, the Marine Goblins that drop in Sea Cave Mercury can be fed to Siren for skillups.

Yeah.. I ran it like 4 times and didn't see a single Cupid. No thanks.

I'll start going for Siren.

Anything else I can do to get my HP up?

Also, is Tower of Dragons still the most efficient without the 1/2 stamina? Is there a chart for this?

Skye

Also, is Tower of Dragons still the most efficient without the 1/2 stamina? Is there a chart for this?

I guess you could try getting dub-mythlits from the Friday dungeon or something. 1 cost 1000HP and are dark so they would benefit from Lucifer's leader skill. They won't scale since you can't (and wouldn't want to) level them but they might be good filler until you find something else. Of course this means you need a team to clear the Friday dungeon or make friends with Shiva leaders but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Colby

I'll emphasize that it will probably take a LONG time to get Siren. We have posters who grinded through hundreds of runs just to get one Siren. Is it worth it? Absolutely. It's one of the best utility monsters in the game, and every player should have at least one with a max skill. I'm just warning you like GC did.

Also, don't forget about RCV. I didn't worry about RCV at all when I first started playing. When I actually took the time to build teams with higher RCV, it made staying alive much easier.

Well, Siren will boost RCV, but won't do much for HP, since she, along with the other Healer girls, has low HP. Rainbow Keeper has a ton of HP without needing to level it up, but team cost is prohibitive. If you evolve your Aurora Dragon into a Crystal Aurora Dragon, it can get up to over 3000HP, once leveled up, but that's a long way off. Really, you just need to level/evolve your monsters and increase team cost through rank-ups so you can roster them. And ultimate evolve your D'spinas ASAP, so you can start using it's 2x ATK/2x RCV for Dark monsters leader skill. You'll be amazed how much easier things get when you pair up with another 2x ATK helper for 4x ATK. Especially, if you're used to leading with Lucifer. You won't need as much HP if you're killing things before they can hit you, and with 2x or 4x RCV, you can heal back quickly, as you already know running Lucifer. D'spinas doesn't need to be max level to evolve, either, so once you have the necessary evo mats, you can feed them to D'spinas to do a fusion evolution. See the materials you need for ultimate evolution on the bottom of this page. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=19 Also, once you get more Dark monsters and the team cost to use them, you'll really want to keep your whole team Dark, with the possible exception of 1 or 2 utility monsters such as Siren, to take advantage of your leader bonuses.

And here's a list of normal dungeons. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/normal-dungeons.asp The E/S column stands for "Experience per stamina." The higher the E/S rating, the more stamina efficient it is for gaining rank exp. Notice Dragons of the Tower has an E/S rating of 280. During 1/2 stamina weekends, that's effectively 560, which is easy to see that it blows any other dungeon away in E/S that early in the game. But it's nothing special without the 1/2 stamina bonus.

Abandond

I guess you could try getting dub-mythlits from the Friday dungeon or something. 1 cost 1000HP and are dark so they would benefit from Lucifer's leader skill. They won't scale since you can't (and wouldn't want to) level them but they might be good filler until you find something else. Of course this means you need a team to clear the Friday dungeon or make friends with Shiva leaders but it shouldn't be too difficult.
Yeah.. I need to clear that friday dungeon to evolve my d'spinas anyway!

I'll emphasize that it will probably take a LONG time to get Siren. We have posters who grinded through hundreds of runs just to get one Siren. Is it worth it? Absolutely. It's one of the best utility monsters in the game, and every player should have at least one with a max skill. I'm just warning you like GC did.

Also, don't forget about RCV. I didn't worry about RCV at all when I first started playing. When I actually took the time to build teams with higher RCV, it made staying alive much easier.

Yeah, that's what I need to get, half the time my heal orbs don't do much. I actually had to use another stone earlier to because I died to the keeper of water. Used the stone since I'd otherwise have to wait a week for another one and I think I'll need it before then. Also got another keeper which I'll need so I don't think it was a waste.

Well, Siren will boost RCV, but won't do much for HP, since she, along with the other Healer girls, has low HP.
Yeah, feel like lack of a decent RCV is the biggest issue now.

Rainbow Keeper has a ton of HP without needing to level it up, but team cost is prohibitive. If you evolve your Aurora Dragon into a Crystal Aurora Dragon, it can get up to over 3000HP, once leveled up, but that's a long way off. Really, you just need to level/evolve your monsters and increase team cost through rank-ups so you can roster them.
I also need to get some more decent monsters. I don't even have a light or red one at the moment. Need to start farming for Lil' Red Dragon too.

And ultimate evolve your D'spinas ASAP, so you can start using it's 2x ATK/2x RCV for Dark monsters leader skill. You'll be amazed how much easier things get when you pair up with another 2x ATK helper for 4x ATK. Especially, if you're used to leading with Lucifer. You won't need as much HP if you're killing things before they can hit you, and with 2x or 4x RCV, you can heal back quickly, as you already know running Lucifer. D'spinas doesn't need to be max level to evolve, either, so once you have the necessary evo mats, you can feed them to D'spinas to do a fusion evolution. See the materials you need for ultimate evolution on the bottom of this page. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=19 Also, once you get more Dark monsters and the team cost to use them, you'll really want to keep your whole team Dark, with the possible exception of 1 or 2 utility monsters such as Siren, to take advantage of your leader bonuses.

Oh man, I had no idea about the ultimate evolution thing. I leveled my Moondragon all the way to 61! Need to wait until Friday (if I can get two keepers of rainbows tonight) or until Tuesday (so I can get the keepers then). It'll probably be tuesday, haha. Doubt I can get them tonight. I didn't realize that this dungeon is the only time they drop.

And here's a list of normal dungeons. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/normal-dungeons.asp The E/S column stands for "Experience per stamina." The higher the E/S rating, the more stamina efficient it is for gaining rank exp. Notice Dragons of the Tower has an E/S rating of 280. During 1/2 stamina weekends, that's effectively 560, which is easy to see that it blows any other dungeon away in E/S that early in the game. But it's nothing special without the 1/2 stamina bonus.

Ah alright, thanks. I'll look through that and see what to go for.

Just also wanted to say thanks for always answering my questions guys, you're all a great help :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom