• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Abandond, how well are you comboing? You'll be able to heal and do more damage if you can consistently create combos. Wit enough practice, you should be able to create a 4 match combo with ease.

The general minimum level I think new players should aim to reach is something like:
3 combo 100% of the time even if half asleep
4 combo 100% of the time if you analyze the board a bit
5 combo most of the time if you need to clutch one out

Abandond

I've been working on getting better. I can do 3 almost all the time, but half the time I mess up because I try to do diagonal swaps and that sometimes ends up screwing me over.

I should analyze the board more before I end start swapping though, sometimes I'll see 2 and just go for it assuming I'll find more and I end up getting stuck.

ccbfan

Describe your Blue Noel run after you're done. That might be the only way I'll be able to beat Ancient Dark.

Well finished my Legend Dark Ancient Dragon running using a double Noel team. (Did it during the game)

Went

Noel
Max skill Siren
Water Ancient
Water Mech Dragon
Hera
Noel

Yes I made a blue and dark party in a dungeon with no blue and dark orbs.
It took forever but the only hard part was when the demon started Evil slashing.

As crazy as this sound you almost must have a party exactly of this composition because of the regular fightss. You can not leave 2 little dragons alive at one time or you're pretty much dead but you must leave an enemy alive so you can charge up. You have to charge up all your skills and kill enemy with a noel.

To kill a little dragon you need to use Hera + Water Mech + Water Ancient + Noel.
To kill a large Demon you need to use Water Mech + Water Ancient + Noel.
To kill a Chimera you only need Water Mech + Water Ancient
To kill a little demon you only need a Water Mech.

You can pretty much nearly always end up with one almost dead enemy with some combination.

The bosses was basically stall and nuke.

For the demon mid boss fight though just make sure you kill the yellow one first. And don't get the dark one under half hp or it'll start demon slashing you. Even with only one demon slahing you still need to heal every turn. Max skill Siren was pretty much a must here. After you kill the yellow one, its easy with only one demon.

For the archangel. She was easy but took forever. I was about to survive 3 attacks so I was just recklessly matching. Took forever since she was pretty much guaranteed to fully heal herself. It was easy though.

For the dark ancient dark. I made sure I had over 35K hp so I could survive a missed match when he starts nuking. The first part was easy since it doesn't do any more damage than the archangel. The 2nd part was harder but with the ability to survive 2 nuke attacks I was easily able to stall. Siren is still essential here though. Grind it down and that was it.

Over all it was easy but took forever. If you can get past the demon mid boss and be batman for the regular fights you should be set.

ccbfan

Was 4x recovery necessary? I'm thinking a 4/4/2 setup would work well given how easy it is to combo hearts in these dungeons.

Well I went blue Noel so I had no orb offense so that was never a decision for me.

You could probably survive with 2 but 4 definitely made ir a lot more comfortable.

Kreed

Finally managed to farm a D'Spinas from the Ancient Dark Dragon Expert dungeon (don't have any great Dark Leaders except Vampire Lord, and I'd rather have x2 Dark Atk and x2 Dark Rcv vs just x2 Dark Atk). Really wish they put this guy on the Master or Legend levels so that the drop rate would have been better (took like 20+ runs), but at least I don't have to do this again.

Kosh

[US] 5/29/2013
Ancient Dark Dragon
Emerald Dragons 20 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
B: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Excko

Does anybody know when this will be available in Canada on iOS? It's out already on android. I know how to get it from the us store, but I don't want to play with 2 different apple Id.

Finally managed to farm a D'Spinas from the Ancient Dark Dragon Expert dungeon (don't have any great Dark Leaders except Vampire Lord, and I'd rather have x2 Dark Atk and x2 Dark Rcv vs just x2 Dark Atk). Really wish they put this guy on the Master or Legend levels so that the drop rate would have been better (took like 20+ runs), but at least I don't have to do this again.
Oh man I need to start working on that. Since I don't have a Loki a D'Spinas would be really nice. It's the only starter dragon I don't have.

ParityBit

I cleared out two people off my friends list yesterday, and since then have not gotten a single friend invite.

I think this game is slowing down!

I cleared out two people off my friends list yesterday, and since then have not gotten a single friend invite.

Nah, you are more likely to get pair up with explorers that are of similar rank to you, so low level players (with empty friend lists) are very unlikely to "find" you, even though you have open slots.

High ranking players typically have full friends lists, and rarely use explorers. So unless someone from GAF sends you an invite (I get a couple a week from new players as I always leave 1 slot open) you are probably not going to get a lot of randoms.

J0dy77

Nah, you are more likely to get pair up with explorers that are of similar rank to you, so low level players (with empty friend lists) are very unlikely to "find" you, even though you have open slots.

High ranking players typically have full friends lists, and rarely use explorers. So unless someone from GAF sends you an invite (I get a couple a week from new players as I always leave 1 slot open) you are probably not going to get a lot of randoms.

Zipp covers it. The game as of this morning was in the top 65 grossing iOS apps, it's definitely not slowing down. High level players usually have set friends lists that they use over and over and only use explorers during easy dungeons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What are some desirable dark team members? I've got a pile of Moltdra ready to feed. I was going to pump my Vamp or Lillith, but if better options exist, I'd rather feed them. Also, any use in have multiple Thanatos? I have 3...

OTIX

Having a lot of trouble finding a team that can consistently farm the dark dragon on Legendary. I've beaten him with a red team and a green team, both 2/4/2, but neither was very safe and I've died a couple times. Might need to go with a 4/2/2 team instead if I can find some Uriel/red noel friends.

Looking like i'm peaking on expert at this dungeon. Keeping blowing stamina trying and failing on lvl5. Can't kill them fast enough before they eventually bind my leaders. Guess i'll just rock through expert and get some of the good drops, already picked up the dragon.

It's the 29th. Where my event Gunho! Sitting on a few blobs here.

What are some desirable dark team members? I've got a pile of Moltdra ready to feed. I was going to pump my Vamp or Lillith, but if better options exist, I'd rather feed them. Also, any use in have multiple Thanatos? I have 3...
Vamp is definitely worth leveling as well as skilling up. I wouldn't hesitate to feed him. Some other worthy Dark monsters but not necessarily better options are CDK, Hades/Hera, Loki, Archangel Lucifer, the Dark ninja orb changer(forgot name), Dragon Lord Zaerog, and Drawn Joker. I put Persephone on half tier below those due to personal bias. I just haven't found a use for her on any of my teams, yet.

There currently isn't a reason to keep more than 1 Thanatos, unless you want to just in case it ever gets a new evo. I use one as a leader for my Wednesday/Friday Lilith team, so I can tank hits in case I accidentally sweep stages before my Liliths are charged. But Lucifer makes Thanatos redundant for that purpose now. So, now Thanatos is going back into cold storage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thank you for that info - I've been playing a Healer girl team when I'm not farming the special dungeons, so I don't know what options are strong for mono colors.

Speaking of Healer girls (dual Valk + Echidna, Siren, Siren/Alraune, Lillith)...Will we ever have a strong option with reasonable HP? Damage is great with dual Valk, but you can't take a hit from much of anything.

Vamp is definitely worth leveling as well as skilling up. I wouldn't hesitate to feed him. Some other worthy Dark monsters but not necessarily better options are CDK, Hades/Hera, Loki, Archangel Lucifer, the Dark ninja orb changer(forgot name), Dragon Lord Zaerog, and Drawn Joker. I put Persephone on half tier below those due to personal bias. I just haven't found a use for her on any of my teams, yet.

There currently isn't a reason to keep more than 1 Thanatos, unless you want to just in case it ever gets a new evo. I use one as a leader for my Wednesday/Friday Lilith team, so I can tank hits in case I accidentally sweep stages before my Liliths are charged. But Lucifer makes Thanatos redundant for that purpose now. So, now Thanatos is going back into cold storage.

Speaking of...where is the best place for a Vamp? Still havn't come accross a drop yet. Castle of Satan (any level?) on the weekend?

Speaking of...where is the best place for a Vamp? Still havn't come accross a drop yet. Castle of Satan (any level?) on the weekend?
Satan Descended has a 100% drop of Vampire in round 3 (lol)

Lightless Devil's Nest is supposedly the best place to farm for one, but the drop rate there still seems shit. Otherwise yeah CoS is your best bet.

xCobalt

Thank you for that info - I've been playing a Healer girl team when I'm not farming the special dungeons, so I don't know what options are strong for mono colors.

Speaking of Healer girls (dual Valk + Echidna, Siren, Siren/Alraune, Lillith)...Will we ever have a strong option with reasonable HP? Damage is great with dual Valk, but you can't take a hit from much of anything.

I think a team of: Blue Ninja and Valkyrie as leaders with Freyja, Echidna, Holy Ceres, and Light Venus would work pretty well. Does require a team of mostly gods though and we'll have to wait until 5.2 before we can form it.

J0dy77

Castle of Satan - Witch's Ball on the weekend with 1.5x is your best bet. I've gotten two this way and both were from random spawns not from the boss battle. You also have a shot at Lilith and Echidna doing witch's ball.

Any idea how many tries I should expect to catch D'Spinas? In past dungeons the mid boss was a relatively frequent drop, but it doesn't seem like it this time.

Abandond

How is Succubus? 1.5x drop on Twin Temple Diana so I could try and get her.

And what exactly constitutes a healer? Just high RCV?

Edit: I really hate dragon seeds/plants. I need moarrr and never get any at all except when I don't need them and then I get far too many.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Edit: I really hate dragon seeds/plants. I need moarrr and never get any at all except when I don't need them and then I get far too many.

Healer is an actual type. I imagine high RCV is an indicator, yes.

And I have two Lillith...It's nice to have a dark healer, but I'm not sure how her sat growth is later.

Kreed

Any idea how many tries I should expect to catch D'Spinas? In past dungeons the mid boss was a relatively frequent drop, but it doesn't seem like it this time.

The drop rate is very low, even lower than the boss and lilith I believe. Expect to run the dungeon a lot unless you wait for a x2 drop day.

J0dy77

I had a hard time with the yellow during last Ancient dungeon and couldn't get him to drop. Did about 6 or 7 runs, might have just been bad luck. I wanted to catch a 2x drop event but missed the one time it was up.

Succubus is good for her poison skill but isn't a great team member past that. Certain dungeons will have extremely high defense mobs that can only be beaten by poison since it ignores armor, armor break or extremely high attacks.

Healer is the sub type of monster and fits in with certain teams, Valkyrie leader gives 2.5x atk to healers. And yes, they have high RCV to fit the title.

I spent two weeks doing nothing but grinding Expert Caol-Ila in JP and only ever got one Spinon to drop. They are stupid rare.
Why do they make the three starters so easy to get then make the light and dark ones so hard? Like all those dungeons that use starters with a high drop rate for the mid boss for RGB but then switch to resist dragons for light/dark. It makes no sense.

J0dy77

Anyone have a good team for final level of Jupiter in the sky? Thinking about switching to Valk resolve. Having the final two levels on one turn cool down really hurts. I had it beat with Double Horus team but screwed up on one match. Had him at 5% when I wiped.

Jagernaut

New event information just posted on Puzzle and Dragons Facebook:

*Graduation Celebration Event!!*
[Duration]: 5/31, midnight - 6/7, 11:59 PM (PDT)

It doesn't matter if (or when) you graduated high school, middle school, college or kindergarten - it’s time to celebrate!

Daily Free Magic Stone
[Duration]: 5/31, 4:00 AM (PDT) - 6/07 3:59 AM (PDT)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 4:00 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses
[Duration]: 5/31 – 6/07
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Jewel/Metal King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine - including SUPER Gold/Metal Dragon Kings!!!

We’ll also be introducing the Pengdra Village!!! This Dungeon will be on a surprise/rotating schedule like our Jewel Dragons. For the first time ever, players will be able to snag the coveted Light and Dark Pengdra to help level up their Monsters. Make sure to save your Gold and Metal Dragons to get ready for this!

Finally, each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:
(Each lasting for 24 hrs)

5/31 (Fri): Breakers
6/01 (Sat): Scarlet Snake Princess
6/02 (Sun): Tower of Poring
6/03 (Mon): Dragon Guardian
6/04 (Tue): Tower of Jewel
6/05 (Wed): Blade of Justice
6/06 (Thu): Hera Descended
6/07 (Fri): Dark Night Sword

**(Even more event information is on the way soon)**

We hope you enjoy these FANTASTIC Dungeons!

Don’t forget to recruit your friends - onward to 50,000 LIKES!!!!!

*Events subject to change: see event policy here

Jagernaut

Scarlet Snake Princess is the Echidna dungeon, right? Seems to be the only new event dungeon (+ Pengdra Village). I'm definitely going to try and max skill my Echidna. Is there any point to having 2 Echidnas?

Scarlet Snake Princess is the Echidna dungeon, right? Seems to be the only new event dungeon (+ Pengdra Village). I'm definitely going to try and max skill my Echidna. Is there any point to having 2 Echidnas?

Useful on certain fringe teams for Descended dungeons so you can have six turns of Menace (with one turn in between where you have to take the attack), but not all that good most of the time.

Getting yet another event where we only get one day of Enquette dungeon is bullshit, as always. Maybe I'll be able to get one whole skill level from my Echdina ._.

Every skill up on echidna makes her even more amazing. It's like my mostly futile attempts to skill up D/D Hades by farming Heras. Each turn he goes down is incredible on those ridiculously long dungeons.

Even if I only get one skill up for echidna I'll still count it as a win. Not sure if it will be worth it to stone and try to max skill though. Definitely going to try and max skill my heartbreakers on Sunday though

lordcyno

At least we'll finally be able to clear out our inventories of porings. Sad there's no valk or zeus but I'll definitely try to max skill an echidna.

Abandond

PQH8NwB.jpg
WRZLIx5.jpg
Weeeeee

And now I wait 30 minutes for the Thursday dungeon to get some dragon plants.

Colby

Does anyone main an Apollo or similar Light leader? I don't use mine much, but when I do, I have no friends to team up with. Actually, the only Light monsters I ever see are a few Amaterasu. Would Light users please add me? I'll promise to switch to Apollo whenever you need it!

384 134 290

Cool. 2x skillup coming Friday, so I'll be able to feed all these Porings and Dark Whiskeys I've been hoarding. It sucks that GungHo is starting the event on Friday again, instead of Thursday like they've done before. I'd rather get 2x Plant day twice than Sprites.

Also the image banner implies we're getting a Roman/Demon godfest. Pass.
Oh, good! I can save my stones!

Does anyone main an Apollo or similar Light leader? I don't use mine much, but when I do, I have no friends to team up with. Actually, the only Light monsters I ever see are a few Amaterasu. Would Light users please add me? I'll promise to switch to Apollo whenever you need it!

384 134 290
You're already on my friend list. I have an Apollo, but I haven't gotten around to leveling him yet. He's not even evolved. But I've been running Zeus a lot recently, since I've been farming the Ancient Dark dungeon.

Kosh

[US] 5/30/2013
Metal Dragons 15 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A: 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
C: 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00

~The schedule is subject to change~

Only new dungeon of interest is Pengras. I find trying to skill up from these specific dungeons to be so brutal its barely worth it. I imagine Echilada will be the same.

Glad we get Poring again though....need to work on choo choo

I'm glad it's kind of a worthless godfest. I won't be tempted to pull and I can use my stones on stamina refreshes for porings and echidna.

By the way, I can't decide if I want to bother with a second echidna. I already have two but I have never used the second and she's basically just taking up space.

muu

Any tips guys on properly doing diagonal moves? Seems 90% of the time it's counted as two horizontal moves instead of diagonally as I want them. Would be so much easier to make combos if I can do this w/ any consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom