• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips guys on properly doing diagonal moves? Seems 90% of the time it's counted as two horizontal moves instead of diagonally as I want them. Would be so much easier to make combos if I can do this w/ any consistency.

The only tip I can give you is to not do them. Unless you are on a tablet or using a sylus..it's pretty much a failure. Anytime I actually get a diagonal move on the phone, I chalk it up to voodoo magic.

Kyu

Neo Member
Hi,
Been lurking here for a while and learning a lot from you guys.

I'm quite excited about the pengdra village and thought i'd stock up on evo mat for the dark & light pengdras. I just noticed that pdx and pad wikia say diffrent thing regarding dark and light pengdras.

for dark pdx says
1 seed and 3 metal dragons

and wikia says (english)
1 plant and 2 metal dragons

which one is correct?

edit:
Just noticed that the chinese wikia says same as pdx. So I'm guessing that is the correct formula?

Hi,
Been lurking here for a while and learning a lot from you guys.

I'm quite excited about the pengdra village and thought i'd stock up on evo mat for the dark & light pengdras. I just noticed that pdx and pad wikia say diffrent thing regarding dark and light pengdras.

for dark pdx says
1 seed and 3 metal dragons

and wikia says (english)
1 plant and 2 metal dragons

which one is correct?

edit:
Just noticed that the chinese wikia says same as pdx. So I'm guessing that is the correct formula?

I'd go with PDX as well...seen it reported on here as well. You bring up a good point. Need to stop selling those seeds.

Dispatch

Any tips guys on properly doing diagonal moves? Seems 90% of the time it's counted as two horizontal moves instead of diagonally as I want them. Would be so much easier to make combos if I can do this w/ any consistency.

I'm able to consistently pull off diagonals by flicking the gem with my finger. I make all the matches I need to and make sure the last one is the diagonal. It works really often for me.

Am I missing something as to why puzzledragonx.com is listing all the collabo dungeons under the "Special" section of dungeons? Does betatester know something we don't? Is it included just for wishful thinking, or just to show for players playing JP version?

Cool. New event week, huh? Kinda wish we'd get 2 weeks for enchilada / poring dungeons. I remember that happened at one point for light knights and stone knights. With x2 drop even.

Kunohara

Why hasn't this come out to the Canadian iTunes store yet? I can't believe it has been this long and still not here. The game looks pretty fun and yet I'm stuck waiting. Anyone have any idea when it's coming out here?

Don't, unless you have no other choice. A lot of times you can still achieve the same result by doing a few more horizontal/vertical moves if you have time. But if you must, I get decent results by 1) briefly pausing right before the move to sort of prepare myself, then 2) make the move in one quick motion.

PDX is correct. Light Pengdras on the other hand need one Plant and one Gold.
Makes sense. It's an attempt to balance out the frequent and rare appearances of Metal and Gold Dragon dungeons, respectively.

Am I missing something as to why puzzledragonx.com is listing all the collabo dungeons under the "Special" section of dungeons? Does betatester know something we don't? Is it included just for wishful thinking, or just to show for players playing JP version?

I think PDX includes everything that is 'available' in our version. We technically have the dungeons in the .apk...but not unlocked. Same thing for the monster book, which shows even JP only stuff (Geomon, etc.)

xCobalt

Why hasn't this come out to the Canadian iTunes store yet? I can't believe it has been this long and still not here. The game looks pretty fun and yet I'm stuck waiting. Anyone have any idea when it's coming out here?

It came out for android in Canada a few weeks ago. I believe Gungho said they were working on it. I'm from canada myself and I just made an american itunes account to download it.

I think PDX includes everything that is 'available' in our version. We technically have the dungeons in the .apk...but not unlocked. Same thing for the monster book, which shows even JP only stuff (Geomon, etc.)
There's a bit more to it than that. Some of the Collab dungeon stuff (like the Poring and FFCD mobs) has already been translated into English, while others remain in Japanese. It was the main reason why people speculated we'd get Poring Tower back when the game first released in November. It's also the reason why we don't have much of a chance of getting the ECO collab despite the fact that Korea is about to get it.

Fishious

I hope nobody minds this, but I was looking to get some input on team suggestions or which monsters to level. I feel like I've finally reached a point where I have some options, but I don't really know where to start. I'll begin by posting the two teams I'm currently running as well as my monster box.

0Zh2hwn.jpg
aWhTeWR.jpg

The mono dark is my main team and the one I have the best idea of how to improve. I recently got a Hades so he's going in once I evolve him. I'm currently trying to get D'spinas from the whiskey dragon dungeon, but who knows if I'll have any luck. If I do get him Vampire Lord is shifting to a sub. Speaking of, obviously I should evo him once I've got him leveled. So the main advice I'm looking for here is which monsters to drop?

For friend leaders I use Vampire Lords on dungeons I find moderately difficult since I have several on my list and use Loki, D'spinas, or Lucifer for harder ones.

My other team is basic ADK. I've got the final forms of all but the light ripper so I swap out based on the dungeon. I usually use a friend ADK or a ripper if I need the resist.

mkSV2Lh.jpg
10UOvD5.jpg

And that's basically what I've got. Any advice would be appreciated. On one last note I still have my lv 20 gift if anyone wants to trade. If I can't find anyone soon I'll just throw it at a gaffer.

Evolve that Horus ASAP and make yourself a kickin rad rainbow team with Hades, Valkyrie, and Susanoo on it. Use whatever your team cost can afford for the water monster.

Hermes is also a solid leader for a water team and you've already got a lot of the subs needed to make him work.

Try to farm up an Echidna this weekend and you'll be sitting pretty.

J0dy77

Evolve that Horus ASAP and make yourself a kickin rad rainbow team with Hades, Valkyrie, and Susanoo on it. Use whatever your team cost can afford for the water monster.

Hermes is also a solid leader for a water team and you've already got a lot of the subs needed to make him work.

Try to farm up an Echidna this weekend and you'll be sitting pretty.

Agree with Cosmo. You have a damn good group of monsters there. You can also use your ammy+friends Odin and get through most of the content I believe.

As I was reading the original post I knew someone would beat me to the punch. I agree with Boss, you've got a nice set of monsters there.

Horus is a top level monster in the game he should be your first priority. Keep leveling Vampire and get him to max skill with the Poring tower and 2x skill up. I have him as a staple on my Horus team for a 5 turn orb change. Plus, vamp will still fit in your dark team. Valkyrie is another key helper and will get really strong in the next version when she becomes dual color and 3x leader skill. Valkyrie team was how i was able to beat Hera with no stones. The hermes is another great leader that you should skill up asap with Fenrir and if you can get a Berserker and highlander from the special dungeon the next time it comes around. Seigfried will fit in nicely in the Hermes and Horus teams.

Fishious

Thanks for the advice everyone. I knew Horus was well regarded, but I didn't have the slightest inkling of what makes a good Horus team or if I had anywhere near the team cost to run it. It'll probably be a ways off, but it's something to work towards. I'll also continue to work on Hermes. With regard to Vampire Lord I've already max skilled him. I did it maybe a month ago during the 2x skill event before I learned we were getting poring tower :/

I may also try to be a little more daring as currently I don't take on a dungeon unless I'm fairly certain I can beat it without a hitch. I just hate wasting stamina, but then again that's why I'm still at Hyperion Lavaflow...

massoluk

Banned

Recipe to facepalming in Puzzles and Dragons
1 - Forgot to bring in Shiva or a 4x Red Multiplier to Legendary Green Dragon
2 - Spent 50 Stamina on it, proceed to sigh "Well that's that, I'm done, what a waste of stamina..."
3 - Then realizing that the Dragon couldn't kill you (535 left of 17k hp) with that massive RCV and Knowing that one lucky combo break could kill the dragon, but it would probably happen in fuck-know-when

xCobalt

How does the japanese version handle Pengdra village? Does it only appear during special events? I really hope this dungeon opens up regularly so we can get dark and light pengdras.

How does the japanese version handle Pengdra village? Does it only appear during special events? I really hope this dungeon opens up regularly so we can get dark and light pengdras.

It's basically like the metal dragon dungeons; open for one hour depending on your section ID. It happens about once a week, and whether you get three per day or just one depends on the mood of the GungHo Gods.

J0dy77

I'm really pissed off right now. I just fed 25 monsters including 20+ porings without one single skillup. I swear something is broken. If I add this to all of the goblins I fed this week without getting a single skillup it has to be close to 40. I've never had this much of a problem and something just feels downright broken at this point.

Ah! It's nice to finally be able to clear some box space, after hoarding skill-up mobs waiting for the 2x skill-up event. I cleared about 70 box spaces and was able to max skill Cu Chu, Valkyrie, and my first Dark Whiskey. I need 2 more skill-ups for Siegfried and 3 more skill-ups for my second Dark Whiskey. Tomorrow, I'll be farming Dark Whiskey all day until I finish skilling-up my second one, and of course the Pengdra Village when that's up.

edit: ^^^ Ouch. Looks like I posted at the same time you did. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

J0dy77

You guys were not kidding about Siren drops. I ran Voice of the Siren 30+ times on 1.5x drop rate and nothing.

It took me over 100 tries to get her to drop. It wil happen its just a very rare chance, keep at it. Great moment when she finally does drop.

Hey guys, what's a good team for Sky-Scraping Iceberg? I figure a resolve team could work, but I really don't wanna do that right now, and I'm unsure if my dual lucifer mono-dark team would work this stage:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=185

I beat it with my Horus/Isis team composition. I would think a standard wood or water 2x team would work as well. Bring echidna for delay on the final boss and you'll have 7 rounds to beat him. Is it just the damage causing the problem? Resolve team would make this easy for bosses but might make getting there harder.

1 for 9 on skillups between choo choo and Lilith (guess where the 1 went...).

Glad I waited. pft

edit : Pengdras at 2PM, 7PM, and 12AM....fuckin great schedule

Kosh

[US] 5/31/2013
B-B-B-B-BREAKERS return for 24 hours!
Pengdra Village opens for the first time - 20 stamina, 5 rounds

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 9:00 14:00 19:00(?)
B 10:00 15:00 20:00(?)
C 11:00 16:00 21:00(?)
D 7:00 12:00 17:00
E 8:00 13:00 18:00

The ones with a (?) are just inferred through the pattern and are unconfirmed sorry!

~The schedule is subject to change~

*Devils and Roman God Fest*
[Duration]: 5/31, 8:00 PM (PDT) - 6/01, 7:59 PM (PDT)

The following Gods will have 3x rates:
Belial
Amon
Astaroth
Baal
Fallen Angel Lucifer
Minerva
Neptune
Ceres
Venus
Hades

*Graduation Celebration Event!!*
[Duration]: 5/31 - 6/7 (PDT)
Daily free Magic Stone
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Jewel/Metal King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine - including SUPER Gold/Metal Dragon Kings!!!

Each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:

5/31 (Fri): Breakers
6/01 (Sat): Scarlet Snake Princess
6/02 (Sun): Tower of Poring
6/03 (Mon): Dragon Guardian
6/04 (Tue): Tower of Jewel
6/05 (Wed): Blade of Justice
6/06 (Thu): Hera Descended
6/07 (Fri): Dark Night Sword

Jagernaut

18 Pal pulls.

1 Super King Gold
2 Ruby kings
2 Sapphire kings
2 low level monsters with +1 rcv
1 low level monster with +1 atk

Porings

1 out of 6 skillups for Cu Chulain
0 out of 6 skillups for Berserk
2 out of 4 skillups for Mastering
1 out of 5 skillups for Lilith

I usually do better than this with skillups during 2x events.

BlueSteel

18 Pal pulls.

1 Super King Gold
2 Ruby kings
2 Sapphire kings

Porings

Wow what's with you guys with great pal pulls. 12 pulls all crap.

Alright, throwing my numbers in.

30 pal pulls:

1 gold king
1 metal king
3 +eggs

0 for 9 on Siegfried
3 for 9 on Cu Chu
2 for 5 on Valkyrie
1 for 5 on Dark Golem

Kind of pissed about that zero for Siegfried but I guess Cu Chu and Valk make up for it. Also my pal pulls were shit. But oh well. Hopefully I can get a good number of porings on Sunday.

Radav

18 Pal pulls.

1 Super King Gold
2 Ruby kings
2 Sapphire kings

Porings

Wow nice! I've gotta hold off on my PAL pulls till I free up some box space. I need a ruby dragon day very badly. Im sitting on 41 dragon plants and 30 red pengdras. lol

I used up the few porings I had this morning trying for skillups on Beserk and Chu. I went 0 for 2 on Beserk and 2 for 3 on Chu! I really need to get a Valkyrie. I have 5 of the things needed to skill her up and that will only increase on Sunday. Maybe I'll just have to feed them to my light stuff because who knows when we'll get the Valk dungeon again. Who thinks they're going to put Super Metals on Sunday with Poring Tower? I'm thinking either that or gold dragons just to suck as many stones out of us in one day as they can possibly get.

Wow nice! I've gotta hold off on my PAL pulls till I free up some box space. I need a ruby dragon day very badly. Im sitting on 41 dragon plants and 30 red pengdras. lol

I used up the few porings I had this morning trying for skillups on Beserk and Chu. I went 0 for 2 on Beserk and 2 for 3 on Chu! I really need to get a Valkyrie. I have 5 of the things needed to skill her up and that will only increase on Sunday. Maybe I'll just have to feed them to my light stuff because who knows when we'll get the Valk dungeon again. Who thinks they're going to put Super Metals on Sunday with Poring Tower? I'm thinking either that or gold dragons just to suck as many stones out of us in one day as they can possibly get.

i'd just fuse your valk porings to some light stuff. I mean, if you got the box space, hold on to them...but thats rarely the case.

suko_32

Fused over 10 slimes on various monsters, zero skill ups.

Pulled 34 PAL Pulls: 2 King Metal, 1 King Gold, 1 Super King Gold, 2 Plus Eggs.

Could be worse I guess.

J0dy77

Did 3 expert breakers and got my light golem drop. I now have both. Is it even worth trying to get more for skill up purposes?

I've been meaning to comment on the light/dark breakers. We always joke in the thread about how it sucks when they come out of the rare gacha but they're great monsters. I use my light breaker over poison for high defense mobs all the time now. Poison you run the risk of not killing a mob if the attack isn't high enough and it takes too long to tick a mob down. The armor break with a high attack almost guarantees you crush any mob and do more than enough damage in one round to wipe anything. Hoping to try this the next time super kings come around.

18 Pal pulls.

1 Super King Gold
2 Ruby kings
2 Sapphire kings

Porings

I am insanely bitter this morning with the skillup rate. I said it before but something just seems broken. From all the mobs I fed during the poring dungeon to try and skill a 2nd vamp and Gigas. Plus 25 - 40 mobs in the last week (including 20+ poring today during 2x). I've gotten one skillup on Gigas. It's just not possible to have that bad of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom