• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-6 runs of Poring and got about 3 total skillups. 1 each for Lilith, Fairlio, and Titan. Way worse than last time. Only got one drop for Choo and 0 skill ups.

Jagernaut

mlH9zCw.jpg

Can I make a team that can actually down the Super King Metal Dragon dungeon?

You need 50 stamina to enter the dungeon and you only have 48. You don't seem to have any poisoners so you would have to slowly chip away at the enemies. The super king hits for 10,000 every 2 turns (and has 60,000 defense and 5,000 hp) so you would need a resolve team. If you had an ogre as leader and a good healer friend you could do it, but it would take awhile.

Have you run the Poring Tower? The Ghostrings in there are good basic poisoners.

I hope others are having better luck than I am this past week. I fed around 10 naga with no skillup, no super kings today, can't get poring to drop and between last week's poring and this week I've managed 1 total skillup on Chu across all characters (at least 80+ skill ups fed). It's been brutal.
My luck today has been a little better I suppose. I got 4 skill ups on Valkerie to max her out. Which is great but I don't use her as much as the others. I also got 3 on my Dark Golem. But I've only gotten one on Siegfried and none on Cu Chu. Which are the two I use most of the bunch. My overall count is 8/42 which isn't super but its better than the 0/13 I got on Echidna yesterday.

Uthred

Hmm on Legendary Green Master at the final boss and I realised that I foolishly have no way of breaking his defense. Not sure if I should just quit and suck up the Stamina loss, or slowly chip away 5 damage at a time

Colby

Hmm on Legendary Green Master at the final boss and I realised that I foolishly have no way of breaking his defense. Not sure if I should just quit and suck up the Stamina loss, or slowly chip away 5 damage at a time

For your sanity, just take the stamina hit.

Limit

You need 50 stamina to enter the dungeon and you only have 48. You don't seem to have any poisoners so you would have to slowly chip away at the enemies. The super king hits for 10,000 every 2 turns (and has 60,000 defense and 5,000 hp) so you would need a resolve team. If you had an ogre as leader and a good healer friend you could do it, but it would take awhile.

Have you run the Poring Tower? The Ghostrings in there are good basic poisoners.

He has a lucifer already so he can use morning star to take down Super king, like I did. Just go in with another Lucifer as a support in case two Kings show up, like they did for me.

Jagernaut

He has a lucifer already so he can use morning star to take down Super king, like I did. Just go in with another Lucifer as a support in case two Kings show up, like they did for me.

I forgot about Lucifer's skill but super kings can appear in the first round and he would have to survive for 35 rounds to charge it.

BlueSteel

I had a nice run at the super king. Got my Lucifer up to 73, Duke Vampire up to 62, and Loki up to 63. I gotta do some poring runs but not a bad day.

yes. you'll transfer the + stats, but not xp bonus.
Thanks that's good. So I think I'm gonna max out my Duke which would be my first max level monster! I did pretty well with super kings today, and I got plenty of porings, but didn't do as we'll on skill ups as I'd hoped. Got a total of 12 skill ups in 65 tries, but most of those were Valkerie and Dark Golem. Still have a ways to go on Siegfried and Cu Chu but I think I'm done for now.

Limit

Waiting two years to make Dragon Lord Zaerog. seriously

If I knew it was possible to evolve Heavy metal dragon to Dragon Lord I would have tried farming for him today. Instead I just ended up feeding him to my Lucifer. Oh well, another time.

Finally max skilled my Siegfried. Fucker took 15 blue Porings for his last skill-up. Glad I don't need anything else from that dungeon. Though out of curiosity, did anyone ever see an Angeling? It's the pink Poring(not the one that evolves into Mastering) that skills-up Kagusuchi(sp). I never came across one. Is it even in our version?

If I'm able to max skill another MSK tomorrow, I'm gonna cannibalize my +213 ADK for its +stats. With Zaerog, there's basically no point in leading with ADK anymore. And if I feed my +100 Siren to it, I can have an instant +297 Zaerog. But I'm still not sure if those +99RCV should go to Zaerog or Amaterasu or Echidna. All that exp would be wasted if I fed her to Zaerog since it's already at max level. Hmm, decisions...

StMeph

Spent three stones to farm Poring Tower, but so worth it.

I walked out with maxed skills on: Valkyrie, Vampire, Titan, and my second Siren.

Lilith only got two skill ups, but she's not worth farming the tower for. Even Masterling got three skill ups.

I don't have Siegfried/Highlander yet. So no need for Poring Tower until I get one or both of those guys.

Abandond

Yes, but don't sweat it if you can't get any skillups by the end of the day (because Gungho hates you but will run it again during a later event anyways)

Okay, I will do that.

Hopefully next weekend I have a few hours to burn to actually hit rank 90 from dragon tower.. I should not be so lazy, lol. Also ran Witches Bell like 30 with nothing.

edit: why did i not bring lucifer for legendary blizzard dragon :l:l:l, whatever, siren didn't drop anyway.

would siren have a better drop rate in the legendary blizzard dragon dungeon over sea cave?

raiot

Somehow this game wants to really troll me... 1200 Stamina for 1 Max skilled Echidna.
10 Stones on Poring Tower expert runs and came out with:

Valkyrie level 3 (This is the one i REALLY wanted to max skill, 4x 5 feeds without skillup)
Siegfried max (I dont have a blue team....)
ChuChu level 3 (This is the second one i wanted to skill... :( 3x 5 feeds without skillup)
But...
2 x max skilled Angelion
2 x max skilled Vampire
2 x max skilled Titan
4 x max skilled Lilith W T F!
1 x max skilled Masterring

Colby

Somehow this game wants to really troll me... 1200 Stamina for 1 Max skilled Echidna.
10 Stones on Poring Tower expert runs and came out with:

Valkyrie level 3 (This is the one i REALLY wanted to max skill, 4x 5 feeds without skillup)
Siegfried max (I dont have a blue team....)
ChuChu level 3 (This is the second one i wanted to skill... :( 3x 5 feeds without skillup)
But...
2 x max skilled Angelion
2 x max skilled Vampire
2 x max skilled Titan
4 x max skilled Lilith W T F!
1 x max skilled Masterring

I actually had a very similar day, though you did a bit better than me. I knew not to bother with Echidna, so I focused all day on Poring. Here's how I did:

1x max skilled Siegfried (I main a water team, and I can't wait to try out a 9x Physical team, so I'm ecstatic)
1 skill level away from max for Cthulhu (use him in a Horus team, so it helps a lot)
1x max skilled Lilith (this came quick and easy, so I fed the extra 20+ Ghost Rings to really boost a Hera)
1x max skilled Siren (I wasn't trying for this at all, but having a second maxed Siren should come in handy)

Having 90 stamina sucked today. Having 100 stamina would have been wonderful...

Oh yeah, I've got to sit on this until I can catch my girl, whenever that may be:

raiot

Oh, i forgot 2 max skilled blue toy dragons! :)
I really only wanted Chu and Valk at max...
I comfort myself that everything will be OK as soon as Goemon comes around!

Does anyone know a reliable way to get a Zaerog without an Egyptian God (I only got Anubis and he is DEFINITLY not reliable :D)

Kosh

[US] 6/3/2013
Alert! Metal Dragons! ( 15 Stamina, 5 Battles, 2x King Appearance rate )
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=94

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group
you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
B 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
C 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
D 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
E 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00

To convert PDT time into GMT, use this formula: GMT = PDT + 7
Disclaimer: Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Special Event Dungeon
Dragon Guardian
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=63

Legendary Blizzard Dragon
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=367

*Graduation Celebration Event!!*
[Duration]: 5/31 - 6/7 (PDT)
Daily free Magic Stone
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Jewel/Metal King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine - including SUPER Gold/Metal Dragon Kings!!!

Each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:

6/03 (Mon): Dragon Guardian (ADK)
6/04 (Tue): Tower of Jewel (plus eggs...? Carbs...?)
6/05 (Wed): Blade of Justice (Verche)
6/06 (Thu): Hera Descended (Boobs)
6/07 (Fri): Dark Night Sword (CDK)

Anyone want to through up an awoken wood Odin? Master legend blue has 68k attack and I'm not sure I can even 8 turn 484k HP with my Zues team (would feature all green subs).

raiot

I just calculated the stats for my team and I would do 54k dmg against a blue target with a single green match... I think this is VERY possible... :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I one stoned Master. I don't think I can 0 stone it. Water resist/Seraph Dawn Luci + 2x Rainbow Keepers + Echidna (more skill levels would make the rounds leading up to boss much safer) + Siren (needs max skill).

I feel like Gungho made this dudes HP higher just to combat Morning Star or whatever it's called. Nonetheless, got my drop and master clear, so the stone will be a wash in the end.

No good on Poring yesterday. I need this dungeon around for a week. Choo doesn't want to get any skill ups...I think i'm 0for10 between the last two times the dungeon was up.

I couldn't tell you the last time I completed a normal level dungeon...

J0dy77

Got a Super King Metal. What do I use him for?

He's just give more experience, feed him. Or you could save him until you hit 99 stamina and get a heavy metal dragon. You need 3 super kings to evolve the heavy.

Can you still add +eggs to a max level, max skill monster?

Yes just costs a ton of coin.

Is there a list of acronyms somewhere? I know what ADK and CDK means and that's about it.

ADK - Ancient dragon knight
CDK - Chaos Dragon Knight
CDD - Chaos devil dragon (he's part of the ripper family of dragons we use on this board).

CDD and CDK used to confuse me a lot.

You'll catch on to all of them soon enough.

Oh, ice doesn't do a double hit like dark dragon did. I could probably Odin this dude....

I was able to mono-green his ass. 7 turns without his first attack is an eternity. Master took me two hits with just a 2x atk multiplier. Went with a 2/2/4 team, but would have been better with 2/4/2 team.

Limit

Is Mystic Stone Knight worth evolving? I am currently rolling with a dark team and looking at his skills he doesn't seem that impressive compared to my Flowerdragon Brachys.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Michaels has $50 iTunes cards for $45 in case anyone is looking. I'm grabbing one due to the huge release week we've had on iOS. Extra money goes towards PAD!

E: Staples also has $50 for $40. A+

Is Mystic Stone Knight worth evolving? I am currently rolling with a dark team and looking at his skills he doesn't seem that impressive compared to my Flowerdragon Brachys.
Yes, his active skill, especially when max skilled, is invaluable on a green team. And when fully evolved his leader skill gives 2.5 ATK to all Dragon types, which will let you clear most normal/tech dungeons making him one of the two most valuable leaders for non-IAP players.

Also fuck this PAL ever it still has not spot out anything for me asides from one sapph king.

Coming in 5.3: ultimate evos to... wait what seriously

And the next pantheon of gods will be Chinese
Nice! As much hate as the Toy Dragons get, I love them. I wonder what they'll gain with their new evos.

Also, For some reason I get the feeling the Chinese gods are going to be really good. No particular reason, but I immediately thought there's going to be some highly desirable gods in that group.

I was able to mono-green his ass. 7 turns without his first attack is an eternity. Master took me two hits with just a 2x atk multiplier. Went with a 2/2/4 team, but would have been better with 2/4/2 team.

Just chiming in. My mono-green Freyja/Artemis took down master blizzard no problem. Didn't get the drop though.

Arelaz

Hey guys, started about a week ago but decided to reroll as I had all really crappy pulls and didn't want to deal with the headache later..

I finally pulled a Freyr, after a bunch of crappy 3*, should I keep rolling or stick with this?

Part of me wants to just stick with it to save myself the tedium of doing that tutorial. :X

It seems like a great leader for mono-red, but I was also told that its replaceable by an evolved fire starter.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hey guys, started about a week ago but decided to reroll as I had all really crappy pulls and didn't want to deal with the headache later..

I finally pulled a Freyr, after a bunch of crappy 3*, should I keep rolling or stick with this?

Part of me wants to just stick with it to save myself the tedium of doing that tutorial. :X

It seems like a great leader for mono-red, but I was also told that its replaceable by an evolved fire starter.

Patience will get you a Seraphim Lucifer.

http://ggftw.com/forum/1812348-post1447.html

But if you'd rather not wait, I think there's a list of strong starters out there.

StMeph

It's not replaceable by the fire starter, it's just a superior version of the fire starter, which is easy to level up and max. It's not a huge upgrade, but Freyr is definitely better than Tyrannos.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=480
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=652

Freyr has better stats in every category. And a slightly better Leader skill by applying to an additional category that most people will never use. So that's a marginal bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom