• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naga Dungeon 6/1/2013
22 runs (+1 run each of novice & adept)
2 drops / 2 feeds
1 skill-up

Poring Dungeon 6/2/2013
16 runs Expert / 02 Master
01 Red (Is the drop rate for this guy especially bad?)
07 Blue / 02 skill ups
08 Green / 00 skill ups
09 Dark / 01 skill ups
11 Light / 03 skill ups

Not really motivated to continue with ADK dungeon. I have 4 more green drops to feed to my Highlander, but have to wait until I can evolve him.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
As much as I love these special dungeons with 3 chances to drop per run, the stamina cost + low drop rate is just insulting.

SorrowsEnd

Neo Member
Oh hello!

Two months after I registered for this site my account is now active!

Just wanted to say hello. This thread has been a wonderful resource to read through when I first started. A few of you are on my friends list I've noticed.

I play as Sorrows@PG and Sorrows@RR. Both accounts I usually run a Blue Odin as my main.

If anyone runs blue Odin as a main let me know and I'll gladly free up some space for you. =)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh hello!

Just wanted to say hello. This thread has been a wonderful resource to read through when I first started. A few of you are on my friends list I've noticed.

I play as Sorrows@PG and Sorrows@RR. Both accounts I usually run a Blue Odin as my main.

If anyone runs blue Odin as a main let me know and I'll gladly free up some space for you. =)

Welcome! What's your ID??

SorrowsEnd

Neo Member
My primary account is Sorrows@PG

ID: 342,142,208

Usually has a blue Odin as a leader 99% of the time though every now and then I'll have up my Amaterasu for when I'm farming Starlight Sanctuary. I have boosted my max friends up to 150 and constantly cycle people out to make room for others as needed.
My alt account I use for dual boxing is Sorrows@RR

ID: 386,541,274

This account runs blue Odin pretty much 100% of the time so I have a partner for my main account on demand.

If you run a blue Odin main please send me an invite on both so you can reap the rewards from my addiction.

Musan

My primary account is Sorrows@PG

ID: 342,142,208

Usually has a blue Odin as a leader 99% of the time though every now and then I'll have up my Amaterasu for when I'm farming Starlight Sanctuary. I have boosted my max friends up to 150 and constantly cycle people out to make room for others as needed.
My alt account I use for dual boxing is Sorrows@RR

ID: 386,541,274

This account runs blue Odin pretty much 100% of the time so I have a partner for my main account on demand.

If you run a blue Odin main please send me an invite on both so you can reap the rewards from my addiction.

Well, I just got one, so I'll try to get evolved as soon as I can. What type of team do you run with Blue odin?

As much as I love these special dungeons with 3 chances to drop per run, the stamina cost + low drop rate is just insulting.

The 'special' drops can happen on every floor, there is just an increased rate on the higher difficulties. Honestly, my drops usually come from the floors and not the final boss.

Pacman2k

Porings were good to me but the swordsmen and naga are god damn terrible.

I've done 8 runs now and no drops. I haven't even seen a knight except on the boss floor.

Once again I'm fooled by this bullshit. Back to farming skillups for Caol-ila. At least that dungeon has a reasonable drop rate.

SorrowsEnd

Neo Member
Well, I just got one, so I'll try to get evolved as soon as I can. What type of team do you run with Blue odin?

My standard group is dual blue Odin leaders with:

Minerva red/dark
Ceres green/dark
Hades dark/light
Zeus

darkodin.png

This is what I run for pretty much everything. I swap in specific subs as needed like Shiva during Ancient Blue Dragon but pretty much this is the standard setup.

Ashodin

Naga Dungeon 6/1/2013
22 runs (+1 run each of novice & adept)
2 drops / 2 feeds
1 skill-up

Poring Dungeon 6/2/2013
16 runs Expert / 02 Master
01 Red (Is the drop rate for this guy especially bad?)
07 Blue / 02 skill ups
08 Green / 00 skill ups
09 Dark / 01 skill ups
11 Light / 03 skill ups

Not really motivated to continue with ADK dungeon. I have 4 more green drops to feed to my Highlander, but have to wait until I can evolve him.

I'm also having insane trouble getting base Poring. Wtf?

Alright. Just finished skilling-up another MSK. Now, I just need to decide on who to feed my main +213 ADK to. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend. I rerolled about 11 times before I finally settled on a Lvl.30 ADK during a Wood event over 5 months ago. It's served me well through most of the game, but it's time to move those +stats to a new hotness. And judging by the dwindling number of ADKs on my friend list, it's seems many others have moved on, too.

There's no escaping the power creep...

Abandond

Are you running Master? I noticed they drop way more frequently on Master. In fact, I never got one on either of the lower difficulties.

Congrats! Where did she drop? Blizzard dungeon or normal dungeon?

And blue Odin is on PDX. http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=364

Normal dungeon (Sea Cave Mercury) with the 1.5 times drop rate :). Kinda funny because I started the dungeon and said 'What's the point?' since I ran it so many times with nothing.

Blizzard dungeon was really hard. I think I can actually do it on Expert but not Adept. I got to the boss on Expert but couldn't kill him within 7 turns because I didn't have my Lucifer (too high cost), it took over 25 turns to get to the last boss so I could have on shotted the dragon if I had him equipped. But on Adept, I get to the boss in about 7 turns and just get one shot, haha.

Huh, that's weird. I looked up Odin and didn't see him come up in the search. Thanks. I hope one of the Odins comes up in a godfest soon, he seems really good and I want an excuse to drop some cash on this game. Valk also seems really interesting.

xCobalt

Huh, that's weird. I looked up Odin and didn't see him come up in the search. Thanks. I hope one of the Odins comes up in a godfest soon, he seems really good and I want an excuse to drop some cash on this game. Valk also seems really interesting.

Both Odins are present in every godfest.

Hey guys, on my last three PAL point egg pull things, I have gotten a King Sapphire Dragon, a King Gold Dragon, and a King Ruby Dragon.

What do I do with these guys? I saw I can sell the Gold one for like 300,000 coins or something ridiculously crazy. I thought about it.

Or can I just power-up fuse them with some other stuff?

And also, recommendation on a Pyro Devil leveled up to the max? And a Cupid? Neither are used by me on my team, so I'm open to suggestions. Thanks fellas!

Abandond

Both Odins are present in every godfest.

Sorry, I'm using the wrong term.

I meant a rare egg event that drops gods, which is a godfest. I didn't think that one through, haha.

Edit: Any monster recommendations now that I have Siren? All I really have are the rippers except dark & wood, Vampire, ADK and a Mystic Stone Knight I could evolve eventually, Lucifer and, Moondragon D'spinas (that will be Lunar on Wednesday).

Edeet 2: Probably going to farm that dungeon that has Echidna & Succubus on the same level.

Hey guys, on my last three PAL point egg pull things, I have gotten a King Sapphire Dragon, a King Gold Dragon, and a King Ruby Dragon.

What do I do with these guys? I saw I can sell the Gold one for like 300,000 coins or something ridiculously crazy. I thought about it.

Or can I just power-up fuse them with some other stuff?

And also, recommendation on a Pyro Devil leveled up to the max? And a Cupid? Neither are used by me on my team, so I'm open to suggestions. Thanks fellas!

Pretty much spot on for the King Metals. Although I wouldn't really suggest selling the King Gold unless you're hard up on cash.

Pyro Devil might be useful as a sub but long term only the light Devil (max skilled) has use on an endgame dungeon.

Cupid's 5* form Archangel is not the best autohealer but if you don't have a Siren and are in need of one she'll do.

My standard group is dual blue Odin leaders with:
Minerva red/dark
Ceres green/dark
Hades dark/light
Zeus

This is what I run for pretty much everything. I swap in specific subs as needed like Shiva during Ancient Blue Dragon but pretty much this is the standard setup.

Sorrows! Great to have you on GAF! I have to admit I've used your monsters a ton.

I can throw one up if you like, but i think its VERY possible to do this with a green team and 8 turns... check the team calculator at the bottom http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=367

I do not actually have a green leader (and to lazy for flowerdragon) so mono green is actually the one thing I can't run.

I did use your Odin the first time through and it took forever. Afterwards I used a Zues/hunter Artemis with an all green team and I annihilated the dungeon.

That ATK stat is intimidating, but it's a pushover

SorrowsEnd

Neo Member
The Blue Legendary dragon on Master only has 484k hp and a defense stat of 310.

Any damage multiplier team should be able to chew through that in under 8 turns.

If you are worried about the 8 turn timer just take along an Echidna or even one of those silly elementals that voids water damage for a few turns.

Hey guys, I've got a few questions as a new player...

-Are the high metal dragons good for anything in particular? I noticed that the kings sell for ~300k gold, so are these mainly sale fodder? I do know that the smaller dragons can be added to pengdras to evolve them.
-Is there a way to see what the drop rate is for some of the monsters in these dungeons? Is the difference in drop rate for a special dungeon between adept/expert especially noticeable?
-If I get a skillup on a monster and evolve it into something else, will that skillup stay with it?
-There don't seem to be many opportunities to get some of the dragons to evolve the pengdras, and I don't yet have that many monster boxes. Is it worth simply feeding the unevolved pengdras I do have to my other creatures and if so, should I level them to max first?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I've got a few questions as a new player...

-Are the high metal dragons good for anything in particular? I noticed that the kings sell for ~300k gold, so are these mainly sale fodder? I do know that the smaller dragons can be added to pengdras to evolve them.
They're not used to evolve anything in particular, and give OK exp on feed. Up to you to decide what to do about them.
-Is there a way to see what the drop rate is for some of the monsters in these dungeons? Is the difference in drop rate for a special dungeon between adept/expert especially noticeable?
low
The special dragon dungeons have drop rates from Legend/Master/Expert/Adept approximately 100%/40%/5%/1%.
-If I get a skillup on a monster and evolve it into something else, will that skillup stay with it?
Only if the skill remains the same. If it changes (like on the resist dragons for example) it will reset to LV1 on evolution.
-There don't seem to be many opportunities to get some of the dragons to evolve the pengdras, and I don't yet have that many monster boxes. Is it worth simply feeding the unevolved pengdras I do have to my other creatures and if so, should I level them to max first?
Not a bad idea early on in the game. You do want to level them to max first - at max they give 9000 exp and only take ~2556 exp to get them to that level so you're coming out way ahead.

Also, if you feed two chimeras to a Pengdra at the same time, it only yields 2400 exp, which is just a bit short of maxing out a LV2 Pengdra. If, however, you feed one chimera to the other before feeding it to the Pengdra, it gives like 3600 exp instead which is more than enough to max it.

raiot

I opened up 11 more friend slots, so if anyone wants to add me: 317.248.206
Mostly run with Artemis, Zeus, Persephone, Thor.

@ StMeph: Add me, I can lend you a Demon Viper lvl 60 for Hera

raiot

Just remind me on thursday or tell me the time (and timezone, i'm from germany) when you want to tackle the hera dungeon

J0dy77

Oh hello!

Welcome. Very nice team you're running. Always great to get more hig level players.

Hera on Thursday is the one I am trying to prepare my team for.

Is this team at a good enough place to tackle Hera? And for how many stones, do you estimate?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mis...42.1.0.0.4..205.60.1.0.11.0..135.20.1.0.1.0#s

Looks like I might need a beefier Orochi to meet the 9,000 suggested HP?

That's definitely good enough. I got both of my Hera's during and event a little while back with the exact same team but lower level (princess Valk evolve wasn't available at that time). I had a 2 stone and zero stone clear. The stones used were just mistakes, loss of concentration.

The keys for this team are having the two sirens as close to max skill as possible and cycling your skills. For the hp i ran with it took me 3 hearts and 3 matches to get over the 50% mark each turn. I had a max level and 7 turn CD siren that I used only when necessary. If you run out of hearts use echidna. Only use viper if you have no other options and echidna is still charging. Don't focus on damage, it's a long fight and very intense since one mistake equals death. Just keep chipping a way and focusing on hearts. This was definitely one of the high point moments of the game for me. Good luck.

I have a 65 demon viper if you need one. Send me an invite, I'm on the spreadsheet.

Kosh

[US] 6/4/2013
Dungeon of Ruby Dragons ( 20 Stamina, 5 Battles, 2x King Appearance rate )
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=260

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group
you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
B 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
C 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
D 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
E 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00

Disclaimer: Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Special Event Dungeon
Tower of Jewel
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=401

Legendary Blizzard Dragon
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=367

*Graduation Celebration Event!!*
[Duration]: 5/31 - 6/7 (PDT)
Daily free Magic Stone
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Jewel/Metal King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine - including SUPER Gold/Metal Dragon Kings!!!

Each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:

6/04 (Tue): Tower of Jewel (plus eggs...? Carbs...?)
6/05 (Wed): Blade of Justice (Verche)
6/06 (Thu): Hera Descended (Boobs)
6/07 (Fri): Dark Night Sword (CDK)

Kyu

Neo Member
I've been tackling Keeper of Rainbow for the past ten minutes or so, someone please tell me he has an 100% drop rate before i go insane d:

People have reported that RK didn't drop during 2x drop rate so I'd say that RK normally has about 40% drop rate. Double that during 2x week. That would make the drop rate consistent with other master level dungeons.

StMeph

That's definitely good enough. I got both of my Hera's during and event a little while back with the exact same team but lower level (princess Valk evolve wasn't available at that time). I had a 2 stone and zero stone clear. The stones used were just mistakes, loss of concentration.

<strat>

I have a 65 demon viper if you need one. Send me an invite, I'm on the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the tips.

I was able to max skill my second Siren during Poring Tower from this event.

I guess I'll be running Ruby Dragons today as well to boost Echidna up to the others' levels, since I don't need anything else at the moment.

BlueSteel

I've been tackling Keeper of Rainbow for the past ten minutes or so, someone please tell me he has an 100% drop rate before i go insane d:

I haven't had it not drop whenever there was a 2x drop rate. Granted, there's the off chance it won't because it's a master level dungeon, but the odds are on your side.

EDIT: Oh woops didn't see the latest post -.-

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my 150 day bonus stones, have some from the login bonus and dungeon clears, plus I have iTunes credit. I will build a Hera team by Thursdy!

raiot

Got my 150 day bonus stones, have some from the login bonus and dungeon clears, plus I have iTunes credit. I will build a Hera team by Thursdy!

Good Luck.
Try to get 2 if your team is decent and you don't have a Hades. Hera is a very good monster to have!

Slottm

Neo Member
edit: just realized this quoted the wrong person...about the valk/viper team though:

Just remember to fully charge skills on every floor. Don't rush by things, and formulate some sort of kill order on every floor. There are some very, very nasty combinations available (my worst was a green blue dark and light mystic knight all hitting in 2 turns). Look to your teams strengths, and what the monsters are weak to, and try to kill things hitting on the same turns

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Good Luck.
Try to get 2 if your team is decent and you don't have a Hades. Hera is a very good monster to have!

I've got no Gravity users. If I can get a farming team prepared, I'm going to spend stones farming her all day for potential skill ups, too. She's such a staple on so many teams (like Echidna), so I need to finally get one. Zeus will be next when he comes around, ha.

J0dy77

I've got no Gravity users. If I can get a farming team prepared, I'm going to spend stones farming her all day for potential skill ups, too. She's such a staple on so many teams (like Echidna), so I need to finally get one. Zeus will be next when he comes around, ha.

I was really disappointed that we didn't get Zeus this event. My team was ready last time but I messed up the couple attempts. Didn't spend any stones and took it as a learning experience. My team should be more ready this time around. I've always made it a personal goal to finish him in 2 or fewer stones the first time I beat the dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom