• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryhian

Another newbie question: I was bored the other day so I decided to run the Poring dungeon and ended up with 4 of them. Whats the purpose of them? Are they just worth great exp or are they part of actual evolve fusions for some monsters?

StMeph

Another newbie question: I was bored the other day so I decided to run the Poring dungeon and ended up with 4 of them. Whats the purpose of them? Are they just worth great exp or are they part of actual evolve fusions for some monsters?

They're decent XP, but they're more important for their Active skills. They match the skills of some highly-used monsters, and so they're intended for skill ups.

Jagernaut

2x king my ass...5 runs, no kings appeared. I only caught regular ruby dragons to boot.

It definitely feels worse than previous 2x events. I ran it 3 times and saw no kings at all, I got 3 highs and the rest were the regular ruby dragons. I used to get a king almost every run in the past.

xCobalt

If you have the poison poring, its a good substitute for Lilith. You'll be able to clear the wednesday and friday dungeons rather easily.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How slow will Hera be with Lilltih vs Neptune? I don't have one and really can't afford to take one as a helper with Dark Ripper + Awoken Odin combo.

PAD GAF:

I have sent some in-game messages to some of you, but in case I missed anyone, I just wanted to notify you all that I'll be out of the country until 6/25, so my PAD activity may take a hit until then. If you have to make room for other friends, I understand. I thought it'd be good to let you know.

(log@GAF@PG)

Hera on Thursday is the one I am trying to prepare my team for.

Is this team at a good enough place to tackle Hera? And for how many stones, do you estimate?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mis...42.1.0.0.4..205.60.1.0.11.0..135.20.1.0.1.0#s

Looks like I might need a beefier Orochi to meet the 9,000 suggested HP?

How slow will Hera be with Lilltih vs Neptune? I don't have one and really can't afford to take one as a helper with Dark Ripper + Awoken Odin combo.

Dungeon shouldn't take more than 2 hours, imo.

You should be good to go with this build. I ran with this same team and cleared it w/o using any stones. The only difference was that my team was a little less leveled than yours.

J0dy77

I think I have done 7 runs and seen 1 king, luckily it dropped. Those runs were on 2 separate accounts and on 2 different time slots.

I just had the same thing. 4 runs on my phone and no kings to be found at all, not even seen. Even made the mistake of feeding 3 Pengdras to the wrong (unevolved) Echidna. Damn you Gungtroll.

It's not that bad. He only has 45000 HP. He doesnt attack every turn so you just need to focus on keeping yourself above the danger line. The real time is spent on Hera and ticking her down. It sounds like you're going resolve tactic? It's really intense playing that many boss fights where you could die on every turn, lot of fun.

TimeKillr

Yeah it's kinda weird with the 2x Kings appearance. In the past I would average a King every run (so if I had a run with no Kings, I'd get 2 the next run) but with the past few I very rarely see any.

I don't know what's up. I need some blue badly (I realized that the Archangels are stupidly powerful this weekend and I have Gabriel) so I can finally build a blue dream team:

I&I + Gabriel + Fenrir Knight + Siegfried + Siren + friend Hermes = all blue board. Technically the combo is just Gabriel + Siren + Hermes or Gabriel + Siren + Fenrir + Siegfried for all blue, but I like having Hermes for 4/2/2 and skill and use my Fenrir Knight and Siegfried to just help out while clearing stuff.

This should be an incredibly good team for doing Goemon, too - if I do Gabriel leader and Hermes friend I'll have 4hp/2/2 which would be as good as the blue noel team.

My GF has the green archangel and I really wish I could get it as I have FAR more Artemis friends than Hermes friends (and very vew I&I friends, so even if I leveled my Hermes it wouldn't change anything), but I'll take what I can :) I've been very short on cash these past few weeks so I couldn't splurge like I used to on the last 2 godfests (typically I buy 3 packs of 85 and pull like crazy, and even then I never got an Orochi or a Neptune :( )

Radav

I just had the same thing. 4 runs on my phone and no kings to be found at all, not even seen. Even made the mistake of feeding 3 Pengdras to the wrong (unevolved) Echidna. Damn you Gungtroll.

It's official this increased king rate is a joke. I saw 1 king in 5 runs and that one wasn't even by itself. Normally with the increased rate I get 3-4 kings in 5 runs. I was all ready to spend a couple stones since I have a ton of red pengdras to evolve but it just seems silly to use them if all I'm getting is the small ones. I had better luck without the drop rate increase last week. It's starting to get a little silly how often these special event increases seem to not work.

Radav

My GF has the green archangel and I really wish I could get it as I have FAR more Artemis friends than Hermes friends (and very vew I&I friends, so even if I leveled my Hermes it wouldn't change anything), but I'll take what I can :) I've been very short on cash these past few weeks so I couldn't splurge like I used to on the last 2 godfests (typically I buy 3 packs of 85 and pull like crazy, and even then I never got an Orochi or a Neptune :( )

I noticed on Saturday with the poring tower that a very high number of the people on my friends list have either Hermes or I&I but run Ares/Freyr or Freyja/Artemis. All the sudden like 20 blue leaders popped up. I wonder why that is. In my opinion blue beats the pants off Green or Red in overall utility.

StMeph

I noticed on Saturday with the poring tower that a very high number of the people on my friends list have either Hermes or I&I but run Ares/Freyr or Freyja/Artemis. All the sudden like 20 blue leaders popped up. I wonder why that is. In my opinion blue beats the pants off Green or Red in overall utility.

Blue has the best utility guys. Neptune beats Lilith handily. Orochi is better than Echidna (though Echidna is much easier to max skill). Orb changer availability is identical to other colors. And it's all within one single color for multiplicative Leader buffs.

Red's weakness is that Titan and Ares are both very low RCV. Evolved Titan even goes negative. And Ares is always at 0.

I'm not familiar with Green. But it seems to be the most common.

Blue has the best utility guys. Neptune beats Lilith handily. Orochi is better than Echidna (though Echidna is much easier to max skill). Orb changer availability is identical to other colors. And it's all within one single color for multiplicative Leader buffs.

Red's weakness is that Titan and Ares are both very low RCV. Evolved Titan even goes negative. And Ares is always at 0.

I'm not familiar with Green. But it seems to be the most common.

I can only speak personally, but my Green team destroys blue and red. Nice combo atk/hp/rcv. Mostly defensive with Parv/Micheal/ADK/Cu/Evil Ceres. Working on the blue team...red is just a bitch due to the RCV being so stupidly low. I barely run it other than Shiva for def break.

Slottm

Neo Member
I don't think its as clearcut as blue having the best utility. Echidna's are probably the most useful utility you could ask for. Yes, viper's is stronger, but the cooldown is also a lot longer. Green can benefit from echidna as well, since she'll get freyja's buff.

Red has: armor break from shiva, echidna slow, horus for massive damage multiplier while retaining good stats

Green: Has defensive armor (susano) full heal from Ceres (long cooldown though) Parvati (top 5 creature in the game, once she can be skilled up) and can also bring healers along due to freyja

Blue has sirens, viper and the blue golem. I'd realistically say blue is the worst off, while red probably has it best for a mono color team

TimeKillr

I don't think its as clearcut as blue having the best utility. Echidna's are probably the most useful utility you could ask for. Yes, viper's is stronger, but the cooldown is also a lot longer. Green can benefit from echidna as well, since she'll get freyja's buff.

Red has: armor break from shiva, echidna slow, horus for massive damage multiplier while retaining good stats

Green: Has defensive armor (susano) full heal from Ceres (long cooldown though) Parvati (top 5 creature in the game, once she can be skilled up) and can also bring healers along due to freyja

Blue has sirens, viper and the blue golem. I'd realistically say blue is the worst off, while red probably has it best for a mono color team

Would you place a Susano more than a golem? I have both, and I usually run with the Golem due to the massive HP it gives me, giving me a lot more leeway in survival against mistakes, while Susano has much higher RCV and and has higher ATK AND a better skill but about 2.5k less HP which translates to 5k less HP when buffed, which is a big difference.

Parvati is one of the best characters in the game, that I'll agree with you - she's essentially a green Siren, except she has much better overall stats. She's a staple in my green team (ultimate Freyja + Golem + ADK + CuChu + Parvati + friend Artemis) and she really helps.

And when I do run red with my ultimate Freyr I don't find the lack of RCV to be a problem since red has *massive* ATK. I typically run Freyr + Horus + Shiva + Titan + Phoenix Knight + friend Ares and while my RCV is low the incredible attack power of Shiva + Horus + Ares is a sight to behold (not to mention if I activate Freyr + Horus on a big red board it gets even crazier - you end up with 6x atk on a lot of stuff). I can always swap out Shiva or Horus for an Echidna to help out with Slow.

Blue is nice since you have a lot of healing, but the utility just isn't there, tbh. As you said, Orochi is great but god damn that CD is loooooooooong. Neptune is the best poisoner, but when you run a mono-blue team you typically don't need a poisoner, so I don't see the point.

Pacman2k

Echoing the sentiment here. Mono blue was my main jam for a long time, but recently it's taken a back seat to my mono green.

Mono blue is great when I need tricks. It's nice to be able to field siren, neptune, orochi, and have them all get fully bonused up and get all the benefits of a mono team. I think my main problem here is that my blue leader is Lakshmi. I wish I had an I&I or Hermes instead. Those better fit my playstyle and actually have a useful active ability.

When I just need some pure stompy, which tends to be much more often, my mono green is way better. (Freyja, CuChu, ADK, Michael, Odin.... REALLY wish I had a Parv.)

Can't speak to red.... yet I'm still getting my team together, but I have an Ares awating evolution, packing horus, gigas, phoenix knight, echidna as subs. Should be great when it comes together.

Slottm

Neo Member
Timekillr - yes, I do believe susano to be the better of the two, unless you need a large boost to health...susano's stats are much better balanced, and the overall ratio of uptime (3/15 vs 5/20) is in susano's favor...especially if we ever get to skill him up to 5/15

I have a team for all three colors, but the one I use most often is probably Freyja/Artemis. My red team is Shiva/Shiva or Shiva/Ares depending on friends. I don't use my blue team too often because, like someone said people rarely have blue leaders up, but I do have a Hermes and a Lakshmi.

The main reason I stick with green (other than a lot of Artemis friends) is because it has the best overall stats. My red team has low attack because my leader is Shiva. I have an Ares but I was so far into leveling shiva that I can't bring myself to focus on a different leader. Also I have very few Freyr friends. My blue team is fine but nothing special since it isn't super leveled. But my green team has the best stats, 2 low CD orb changers, and Freyja's skill gives great burst damage. If I set up the board right I can use all my orb changers and easily take down Neptune without poison or armor break.

Lumiere

Neo Member
In my case, I have both I&I and Freyr as leaders, but end up using Red a lot more because my blue team doesn't have many good monsters besides the leader. I recently got Berserker and plan to use Blue a lot more once I bring him and a few more monsters up to a decent levels.

I wish I had a green leader...

I see all of those Artemis and Freya friends, and I look in my monster box and see Wind Prodigy Sasuke, Chu Chu, Susano-o, & an ADK from my dragon team days and I wish I could run a mono green team...

Sadly, that will probably never happen, and I really, REALLY do not want to try and run Flowerdragon Brachys... (especially since she is really underdeveloped)

Probably just matching up against Mastering, which is a Fire monster. Same thing for Sunday's Naga dungeon and today's Ruby dungeon.

Actually, that just made me realize I've been running with Blue Odin for 3 days straight. I've never even used him before this past weekend. I love that GungHo added Water types to his leader skill. For dungeons like Ruby Dragons where you don't need to worry about HP or RCV, his 2.5x ATK for Water and Gods is currently the highest ATK multiplier for a mono-blue team.

I see all of those Artemis and Freya friends, and I look in my monster box and see Wind Prodigy Sasuke, Chu Chu, Susano-o, & an ADK from my dragon team days and I wish I could run a mono green team...

Sadly, that will probably never happen, and I really, REALLY do not want to try and run Flowerdragon Brachys... (especially since she is really underdeveloped)
I don't understand. Why don't you wanna level-up and run Brachys? It has the same leader skill as Freyja. The ultimate starter dragons are awesome substitutes for people who don't have the Norse/Greek 2.0 gods.

xCobalt

A leader skill that effects your entire team outweighs the stats of one monster. I'm using the fire starter for my red team

J0dy77

I don't understand. Why don't you wanna level-up and run Brachys? It has the same leader skill as Freyja. The ultimate starter dragons are awesome substitutes for people who don't have the Norse/Greek 2.0 gods.

I was thinking about doing this a lot lately, going to focus on Brachys to finally use all of the green leaders on my friend list. It seems that a select portion of the GAF crowd got very lucky during that green/god event.

As for the debate I think all of the Mono teams have their ups and downs.

Red - Extremely powerful for straight damage with Horus, Echidna, Gigas, Minerva, Shiva, Gomeon (if we ever get him). Big downside would be the low RCV.

Blue - seems like the most utilty for the special dungeons and longer fights. Viper delay needs time to build up, Neptune poison and stats are great and having the 5CD for siren makes it a lot easier to survive with a lot of HP. Seigfried also has a TON of HP for the 4x HP Hermes teams.

Green - feels like the most balanced with Susano for defense would be the most balanced to me and Chu Chu's stats are some of the best in the game (3000HP and 1334 dmg) and that's before the final evo in the next patch.

Bottom line is that everyone can get the core for any of these teams. The knights are easy to get and staples of all the teams for the orb changers. Then you have Gigas, Chu and Seigfried which are all farmable and the starter dragons. Just need those final 2 spots with the best you can find. I'm going to try and level a team for each eventually and counter whatever the weekly dungeon might be, probably the best chance I have at beating legendaries.

The real sad part is that I have an amazing light team waiting to be built up (Thor, Verche, Valk, Raphael, Venus) but nobody on my friend list runs yellow.

A bunch of people run Light teams, but almost all of them lead with Zeus. I only lead with Thor against easy dungeons like Metal Dragons, where I don't need the 9x ATK and taking damage doesn't negate his leader skill against the Metal Dragons that attack every turn. You know you can always still run your Light leaders with a Zeus helper, too. It doesn't always have to be dual Zeus leaders. Thor/Zeus would make a 1/6/2 team. Raph/Zeus would be 2/3/2 which is arguably better than the 2.25/2.25/2.25 Indian teams that were all the rage.

As for Tower of Jewel, I've actually had very good luck with +eggs this time compared to the first time we had the dungeon. I'm averaging about 1 +egg every 1-2 runs. So, I'm happily running it whenever I have time today.

J0dy77

A bunch of people run Light teams, but almost all of them lead with Zeus. I only lead with Thor against easy dungeons like Metal Dragons, where I don't need the 9x ATK and taking damage doesn't negate his leader skill against the Metal Dragons that attack every turn. You know you can always still run your Light leaders with a Zeus helper, too. It doesn't always have to be dual Zeus leaders. Thor/Zeus would make a 1/6/2 team. Raph/Zeus would be 2/3/2 which is arguably better than the 2.25/2.25/2.25 Indian teams that were all the rage.

As for Tower of Jewel, I've actually had very good luck with +eggs this time compared to the first time we had the dungeon. I'm averaging about 1 +egg every 1-2 runs. So, I'm happily running it whenever I have time today.

Agreed. I've been branching out a lot with my horus team. Early on I was running Horus/Horus only and then switched it to Isis and now I'm even using Bastet and Zeus. I figured I've got these ridiculously leveled Zeus leaders from you guys, I might as well use them.

I really like learning the different mechanics they have in the game. Zeus is really strong but needs a lot of RCV on the team to keep him maxed out. I've been getting used to it though and he provides more control than Isis for when I want to stall on some rounds. I've been meaning to try out a poor man's horus team for people who don't have access to egyptian gods. Figured if you used a high level Whiskey dragon and Horus you could probably clear a ton of content. Just need good Horus friends.

Also meant to say thanks, your Zeus got me over the hump with the last level of Jupiter last night. Having both of the final two rounds on 1 turn timers and hitting like trucks was a real tough situation for a Horus team.

Abandond

So the stylus came in today.

To be honest I find it easier to go diagonal with my finger but that might be because I've practiced a lot with it.

Radav

Cant agree more. Sometimes, like today, I see it as a nice break to dump some stamina into non-event related dungeons for a minute.

Yep, never gotten a darn thing from it. Some people seem to at least have half decent luck with the + eggs but I've never even gotten that. No dub-mythlits and I've obviously never seen any Super King Gold dragons.

Oh and btw, 2 Kings in 10 runs for ruby dragons today. Yuck! Was hoping to max out Echidna and dump any extra pengdras/kings I had onto Horus but I decided to hold on to my stones for a subsequent king event when the drop rates seem better.

Oh and btw, 2 Kings in 10 runs for ruby dragons today. Yuck! Was hoping to max out Echidna and dump any extra pengdras/kings I had onto Horus but I decided to hold on to my stones for a subsequent king event when the drop rates seem better.
Yeah I had shit luck too. I think I went 3/10. I feel like the 2x event wasn't active. Did anyone have good luck with more than a few runs?

Cherubae

I only have enough stamina for 3 runs of the Ruby Dungeon, but I had the same issue; zero kings appeared. I didn't even collect a high ruby dragon.

OTIX

When comparing mono-colour teams there is one other factor to keep in mind, the attack animation/sound. Blue and green are clearly the bottom of the barrel here. Some bubbles and leaves? That's just sad. Red has the mini explosion thing going, it obviously can't compare to the giant lightning bolt of death but how many people actually have a mono-light team? Red is the next best thing really.

Dark's attack animation is my favorite because if you do a mass attack with a monodark team on a large party of monsters my framerate completely shits the bed

Jagernaut

Yep, never gotten a darn thing from it. Some people seem to at least have half decent luck with the + eggs but I've never even gotten that. No dub-mythlits and I've obviously never seen any Super King Gold dragons.

Is it worth it to max Echidna? My Echidna is at level 50 and it will take over 3 million more xp to max her. All that xp will only give me about 300 hp, 200 atk, and 100 rcv. I would rather use that xp on my Horus or Ares.

Is it worth it to max Echidna? My Echidna is at level 50 and it will take over 3 million more xp to max her. All that xp will only give me about 300 hp, 200 atk, and 100 rcv. I would rather use that xp on my Horus or Ares.
Yeah this is why my echidna is sitting around lvl 60. I really don't use echidna enough to justify putting a bunch of EXP into her. Then again if I actually put a bunch of +eggs into her, she would have pretty decent stats.

I still don't know what to do with my stash of plus eggs. I guess my options are Zues, Echidna, ADK, Duke, Lucifer, or one of my more regular leaders. I suffer from major indecisiveness with +eggs and EXP in this game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I won't bother maxing mine anytime soon. Honestly, her real usefulness is in her skill.

linsivvi

Hi all, started playing last weekend and finally made it past Castle of Satan.

Does anyone still have the rank 20 gift and want to exchange?

raiot

Arg, Linsivvi, i think I rejected your friend request yesterday because you didnt have a @GAF handle next to your name. If your still interested, invite me again!

Kosh

[US] 6/5/2013
Dungeon of Sapphire Dragons ( 20 Stamina, 5 Battles, 2x King Appearance Rate )
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=262

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group
you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 9:00 14:00 19:00 0:00
B 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
C 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
D 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
E 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00

To convert PDT time into GMT, use this formula: GMT = PDT + 7
Disclaimer: Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Special Event Dungeon
Blade of Justice
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=106

Legendary Blizzard Dragon
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=367

*Graduation Celebration Event!!*
[Duration]: 5/31 - 6/7 (PDT)
Daily free Magic Stone
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Jewel/Metal King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine - including SUPER Gold/Metal Dragon Kings!!!

Each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:

6/05 (Wed): Blade of Justice (Verche)
6/06 (Thu): Hera Descended (Boobs)
6/07 (Fri): Dark Night Sword (CDK)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know why I even blow stam on Sword dungeon today. 3 runs with no luck yet. Not going to spend anymore stam on that junk.

massoluk

Banned
I hate mask dungeon expert. 5 times and no mystic mask so far... I need 1, and would like 2, but this is ridiculous.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm just glad I got the one I needed for evolving Thor (urgh, why does Thor look worse after evolving), but I really need 2-3 masks at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom