• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyu

Neo Member
Is Mystic light knight worth evolving?

Mystic knight are always nice to have because of their active skill and are reasonably easy to skill up. If you plan on running mono light you should definitely evolve it, else keep it and evolve it when you have material to spare.

J0dy77

Is Mystic light knight worth evolving?

Definitely. All of the Mystic knights have their places on Mono color teams for their orb change and the ability to max the CD at 5 turns. Plus, Verche's artwork is awesome.

I hate mask dungeon expert. 5 times and no mystic mask so far... I need 1, and would like 2, but this is ridiculous.

We had a few posts on this last week. The Wednesday and Friday dungeons are a complete was of stamina depending on how far you are in the game. If you can run Ocean of Heaven and Temple of Troyka you should never run the wed dungeon. If you run either of those dungeons during 1.5x events you'll wind up getting all of the masks you need, a ton of experience, + eggs and mobs worth feeding to level up your monsters. Same goes for the Dub zones.

The Wed/Fri dungeons are good for the players who can't clear that content and don't have another way of getting masks/dubs.

Colby

If you guys run Ocean of Heaven all weekend, you'll get a couple of masks. It was about one every 10-15 runs for me, plus it's great water exp, and it will give you plenty of Goblins for Siren to skill level. At least you aren't wasting your stamina doing that.

edit: Or exactly what Jody just said, whatevs.

We had a few posts on this last week. The Wednesday and Friday dungeons are a complete was of stamina depending on how far you are in the game. If you can run Ocean of Heaven and Temple of Troyka you should never run the wed dungeon. If you run either of those dungeons during 1.5x events you'll wind up getting all of the masks you need, a ton of experience, + eggs and mobs worth feeding to level up your monsters. Same goes for the Dub zones.

The Wed/Fri dungeons are good for the players who can't clear that content and don't have another way of getting masks/dubs.

My problem was that I had the evo mats and 7 green porings lined up for chu chu. That is 12 box space I wanted cleared before tomorrow. I will wait for the weekend for my other mask needs. I wish dub-Amelits would drop more on Mondays. I ran Talos's abyss 8-9 times on Monday and only two showed up (luckily 1 dropped). Those are easily my most rare evo material.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I feel like tubegameplayer right now by spending stones, haha. I've made it my mission to max skill one Verche today. I'm at skill 4, so I'm close, but I've spent 2 stones on stamina (also used 3 for box space). I'm so close that it has to happen. I refuse to not let it be!

OTIX

After four mask runs today, a bunch last week, and tons of fruitless OoH farming I finally got a mystic mask to evolve my Cu Chu so I could feed him all these porings without wasting the xp. 25 green porings, 2 skill ups.

Well, fuck.

Now to do the same for Siegfried. :(

SorrowsEnd

Neo Member
We really need these skill up creature dungeons for 2 weeks at a time like the JP side.

Poring Tower is the perfect example. Even if you poopsock that dungeon all day you will still be hard pressed to max out your creatures.

First time we had it the other week I farmed up 30+ of everything and didn't max out a single creature.

Quantum

ugh.

Ancient dark dragon is just trolling me. will. not. drop.

I can only run master, but I've done it countless times (each taking me about an hour to complete with dual resists)

Initially frustrating, but after 100+ days of playing (with very mediocre rare pulls) I've become very apathetic to my account.

I am appreciative of the amount of game I've gotten for free but now that I've completed 70 - 80% of all offered dungeons I'm increasingly bummed with the atrocious drop rates and the 24 hour cycle of the special dungeons.

I stand by what I've previously said - I would gladly pay 60 bucks if all content was obtainable by grinding or trading, but the shear aspect of gambling really annoys me.

I am jealous of the rares that are posted in many peoples boxes, but I know if I actually pay real money I'll continue to get trolled.

freaking catch 22 at its worst - I'd love to support gungho on a tremendous game but refuse to pay real money gambling without even being allowed to know the odds. (godfest 3x what?)

I play to advance my mobs only to realize that I want the better drops that advanced play almost dictates.

OTIX

ugh.

Ancient dark dragon is just trolling me. will. not. drop.

I can only run master, but I've done it countless times (each taking me about an hour to complete with dual resists)
If you only want one of them then you should really wait for the 2x for an almost guaranteed drop. If you want to max skill it then you really need to be able to farm Legendary.

Quantum

If you only want one of them then you should really wait for the 2x for an almost guaranteed drop. If you want to max skill it then you really need to be able to farm Legendary.

noted - and totally should just run the specials on 2x as I don't think I can put together anything to take legendary.

raiot

I put up my level 60 Demon Viper for anyone who wants to tackle Hera with a Valk Team.
If you want my lvl 97 Lucifer instead, shoot me a message on Gaf or in PAD.

Kyu

Neo Member
I have a these for Hera,

3463 hp Awoken Odin
627 rcv Ama O
1346 hp Demon Viper (lvl 8 at the moment, can be raised to lvl 40-ish if needed)
Lvl 42 & lvl 58 SoD Luci (on separate accounts)

These are on my alt account, msg me in game or post here if you need any

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have SO many evolved fire and water Pengdras now. Awesome!

So for Hera, CDD with Awoken Odin sub, Siren, Lillith WotN, Rainbow Keeper, ???

I have another max skill Siren and a 13 turn CD Echidna. Which would make my life easier today? Also, is there a magic HP number I should look for? I could pump these Pengdras into one of my monsters, same or off color.

Kyu

Neo Member

I have another max skill Siren and a 13 turn CD Echidna. Which would make my life easier today? Also, is there a magic HP number I should look for? I could pump these Pengdras into one of my monsters, same or off color.

I think the magic number is to have above 8214 HP för hades

Kosh

[US] 6/6/2013
Dungeon of Emerald Dragons ( 20 Stamina, 5 Battles )
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=261

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group
you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
B 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
C 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
D 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
E 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00

To convert PDT time into GMT, use this formula: GMT = PDT + 7
Disclaimer: Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Special Event Dungeon
Hera Descended
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=68

Legendary Blizzard Dragon
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=367

*Graduation Celebration Event!!*
[Duration]: 5/31 - 6/7 (PDT)
Daily free Magic Stone
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Jewel/Metal King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine - including SUPER Gold/Metal Dragon Kings!!!

Each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:

6/06 (Thu): Hera Descended (Boobs)
6/07 (Fri): Dark Night Sword (CDK)

OTIX

You definitely want two maxed Sirens since you need to match hearts every single turn.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Up to Venus with no stones used. Should be able to clear with 0 stones if I just take my time and make matches every turn. Stoked that I should have Hera today!!!

E: 2 max skill sirens are almost required for this dungeon it feels like. Glad I managed that during the last 2x event.

raiot

Wow, got really Lucky in my 0stone Hera Run to try my lucifer. I managed to come out of this situation with full health. The most depressing thing in this situation was Ceres at 1 turn CD...
Xg56Bmr.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got a phone call mid match on Ceres. I had to use a stone. Fuck that. BUT! I'm on Hades and am having zero trouble. Hopefully Hera goes well. My goal is to grab 2 of her today so I can start making some more end-game teams.

kswiston

Any Gaffers with good color leaders (2x Atk/2x Rcv or 2x Atk/2x HP) looking for more friends?

I currently have the following:

Amaterasu Ohkami - Level 79
Ancient Dragon Knight - Level 73
Sea Diety Abyss Neptune (Blu/Drk) - Level 54
Snow Dome Dragon Bleu - Level 43
Loki, the God of Guile - Level 38
Awoken Hera - Level 33
Freyja, the Fertility Goddess - Level 30
Freyr, God of Victory - Level 22

I also have Shiva (which I am working up) and Anubis. Typically I have my ADK, Neptune, Amaterasu or Loki up (usually an ADK or Ama outside of special events).

ID is 398 639 295

mercviper

I've had the worst luck with Kings this week. 55 PAL pulls only 1 super and 1 king. The times before it's been like 1 king per 10 pulls. Also roughly 13 metal dragon runs total this week and I've seen 3 kings and gotten only 1. The only reason I haven't been disappointed is because I actually needed the metals to evolve all the pengdra village drops I had

Pacman2k

Woosh those Noels give nice XP. Level 1 to 67 with one mob. Nice.

The angels have a nice RCV curve. Makes me not bat an eye about replacing siren on my mono-blue lineup. Looking pretty good now.

Lakshmi
Kamui
Berserk
Gabriel
<utility slot> - Abyss neptune, orochi, mech, bowmore, siren, etc.

I've had the worst luck with Kings this week. 55 PAL pulls only 1 super and 1 king. The times before it's been like 1 king per 10 pulls. Also roughly 13 metal dragon runs total this week and I've seen 3 kings and gotten only 1. The only reason I haven't been disappointed is because I actually needed the metals to evolve all the pengdra village drops I had

I've noticed I only get good pulls the first day when doing 10 or so at a time. After that...usually nothing for the rest of the event.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just over 150 days after starting this stupidly addictive game, I have finally completed one of the "mega dungeons". Hera get! I won't lie...I never really thought I'd have a team to do it (especially back when I was still rank 20-ish with nothing but Odin and Amatersu helpers).

On to getting Hera two and preparing for the challenge that will be Zeus!

StMeph

Heraaaaaaa... fail.

I haven't been burning stones on devils yet, trying to 0 stone the first few floors. Now I am out of Orochi helpers. :<<<

kswiston

Heraaaaaaa... fail.

I haven't been burning stones on devils yet, trying to 0 stone the first few floors. Now I am out of Orochi helpers. :<<<

You need the right monster set, but the 16,500k team is super safe for Hera.

For leaders, you need an Amaterasu Ohkami with at least 495 recovery and an Awoken Odin (green). Your team also needs >16425 HP in total. The first time I successfully ran the dungeon I had the following:

- Ama as my leader (level 70)
- Rainbow Keeper x2
- Flame Mech Warrior Jotunn (around level 29 at the time)
- Sea Diety Abyss Neptune (to defeat Neptune. This could be replaced by Shiva or someone with defense break)
- Maxed Level Friend Odin

Charge your skills on the first fight, and use Odin's nuke or the Keeper/Golem defense when necessary. You should be able to get through those first 4 fights with little or no trouble. After that, you are basically invincible as long as you don't fail to match gems. Ama will be able to heal damage from Venus and Hera every turn without matching hearts. You have more than enough time heal up the damage from Ceres, Minerva and Neptune without matching hearts. You are also fine for Hades as long as you make at least 1 heart match in his 6 turn recharge time. If you mess up, you have Ama and the Keepers/Golems to help out.

This method is slow though. My Neptune was doing most of the damage to each god via poison. Since then I have worked up my Jotunn and my mech warrior Midgard to ~level 40 each. This, plus a few levels towards Ama and Neptune gave me enough extra life to replace the second Rainbow Keeper with my Awoken Hera from my last run. Doing so cuts down the fight against Hera herself from 25-30 mins to 10 mins.

Nista

Seeing that now I have two Hades and a Hera, I feel even less like taking the time to slowly farm the dungeon for a slim chance of skilling up.

Splat

Am I better off trying Hera w/ a Mk2 Dark Golem, or a 4star midlevel Lilith ~470 attack?

Regardless, who has a nice juicy awoken odin to loan me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom