• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Up to Venus with no stones used. Should be able to clear with 0 stones if I just take my time and make matches every turn. Stoked that I should have Hera today!!!

E: 2 max skill sirens are almost required for this dungeon it feels like. Glad I managed that during the last 2x event.

Homey what was your final team as you jumped into it?

massoluk

Banned
I tried my luck (thought I doubt I had a chance to begin with) with Hera. I knew full well I'd probably won't survive Hera going in with me not having Odin or Ama.

Leader was Siren, the Enchanter with max skill
Two Rainbow Keepers
Chaos Devil Dragon
Lilth Witch of the Night
Sub was some dude's Awoken Odin.

Made it to Hades, then forgot to to use Rainbow Keeper skill on his attack turn, dead in one hit.

:p

Oh well, may be this week, Ocean of Heavens will grace me with a mermaid so I can do CCD+Odin team.

Splat

Man, getting wrecked in the first few floors of hera, what am I doing wrong?

ama
mech warrior asgaard
2x rainbow keeper
mk2 dark golem
awoken odin

Pacman2k

Gotta be honest, if you're going in there with the bare minimum team, you NEED to pull off some high combo crit strikes immediately to get your footing, or you're gonna get bitch slapped right back out of there.

Focus fire on whatever devil is weak to your damage. Combo up as high as you can. As soon as you have a foot hold, charge up your RKs/mechs so when you go into the next wave you can pop a def boost. Repeat.

Splat

Gotta be honest, if you're going in there with the bare minimum team, you NEED to pull off some high combo crit strikes immediately to get your footing, or you're gonna get bitch slapped right back out of there.

Focus fire on whatever devil is weak to your damage. Combo up as high as you can. As soon as you have a foot hold, charge up your RKs/mechs so when you go into the next wave you can pop a def boost. Repeat.

Yeah I ate a stone and sorta figured it out from there. Didn't charge round one when I had a chance and then got stuck w/ a mystic knight and demon that were on different timers and would occasional line up and knock me off odin to a point where I couldn't get back up. on round 5 now, 2 stones gone :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Homey what was your final team as you jumped into it?

CDD with max Awoken Odin partner, 2 max skill Sirens (level 40+), Rainbow Keeper, Lilith for Neptune. Relatively easy, just slow.

E: Venus and round 1 are the hardest part of the run. You can take 2 hits from Hera thanks to CDD and Rainbow Keeper. Venus requires Keeper to take 2 hits, so you have to be careful. Round 1 has been good to me. Max skill Sirens mean unless you get REALLY unlucky, you're fine. You should have enough hearts if you play right to get 5 turns in for skill CD.

Yeah I ate a stone and sorta figured it out from there. Didn't charge round one when I had a chance and then got stuck w/ a mystic knight and demon that were on different timers and would occasional line up and knock me off odin to a point where I couldn't get back up. on round 5 now, 2 stones gone :(
This is actually the second best situation you can be in (the best being unsynched demon/demon or knight/knight) because their timers will only line up every six turns. 2stoning Hera ain't nothing to be ashamed of.

Having no luck with farming ancient dark for D'Spinas. In fact I've only gotten one significant drop in 20 or 30 runs. At least I don't have to worry about running legend. I really want to catch a D'Spinas since its so easy to level up, but I suppose I'll live if I don't manage it. They really need to make an 2x ATK/HP leader. My dark team is really nice since the last super metal and would be by far my best team. I would also love to catch a Persephone but the chances of that are pretty slim.

J0dy77

So adept is hopeless?

When the Mech Dragons first came around I got the Blue to drop on Expert (was my first major drop). I've only seen a couple people post getting one in adept in this thread. If you can run Expert it's worth trying a few times just to see if you get lucky. Adept is a waste.

Limit

I tried expert in Ancient Dark Dragon and got steamrolled in the first wave. Never even stood a chance. Is there any way for me to tackle the expert level with my current collection of monsters?

PtrRk7c.jpg

All the rest out of sight monsters are evo monsters.

ccbfan

I hope others are having better luck than I am this past week. I fed around 10 naga with no skillup, no super kings today, can't get poring to drop and between last week's poring and this week I've managed 1 total skillup on Chu across all characters (at least 80+ skill ups fed). It's been brutal.

I really think there's something wrong with the rand in this game.

I always get super bad luck or super good luck. (3 super bad versus 1 super good)

When the event first start I used all my last poring tower drop and got 0 skill ups. My first few naga? 0 skill ups. Probably went through easily 30 monsters.

My last full stamina run of nagas net me 3 and decided to wait since I wasn't having much luck that day. Next day was poring tower. Ran it until my storage was full. First monster, yellow slime for falio, skillup. 2nd a dark slime for vamp, skill up. 3rd monster 2 ghost for lillith, 1 skill up. Woah. Next 3 nagas for Enchilads, 2 skill up. Woah. Then 3 yellow poring for valk, 1 skill up. Then 1 green poring for cu, 1 skill up. I was like wtf?

After that I haven't gotten a skill since. So about 5 blue poring, 3 green poring, 3 yellow poring, a bunch of slimes, 2 ghost, 5 msk, 3 mlk.

Kreed

Sure, Mono Black Seraphim of Dawn Lucifer :p

Edit: Look on the bottom of this page for team suggestions: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=264

I have SO many evolved fire and water Pengdras now. Awesome!

So for Hera, CDD with Awoken Odin sub, Siren, Lillith WotN, Rainbow Keeper, ???

I have another max skill Siren and a 13 turn CD Echidna. Which would make my life easier today? Also, is there a magic HP number I should look for? I could pump these Pengdras into one of my monsters, same or off color.

Thanks nicoga3000 for posting this strategy (and raiot for posting a link explaining the strategy). Finally managed to catch a Hera using this method without using a stone. Definitely the easiest of the strategies I've seen using farmable monsters (and a friend's Awoken Odin) since it allows for you to make a healing mistake or run into bad luck with hearts against Hera and Venus and not get instantly killed.

Radav

7 runs of Thursday dungeon just now and I've gotten the Dragon Fruit at the end every time. lol The RNG is so funny in this game.

If a Clash of Clans collab means more exposure for the Western market, that's good. I don't think we'd need to actually download Clash of Clans, though. Don't the collabs just mean we get Clash of Clans themed monsters/dungeons in PAD?

Limit

Like an idiot I decided to take on Hera dungeon with Lucifer as a leader, Moondragon D'spinas, two rainbow keepers and another Seraphim Lucifer as a support. I went in armed with the knowledge that I will be spending my saved stones on this battle because I really want another high caliber monster in my team aside from Lucifer. 8 stones and 1 hour later I finally reach Hera. I was confident that with 5 stones left I will be able to take her out bit by bit. But the sheer damage output from her single attack was too much for my team to handle. 5 minutes later I was out of all stones and she was still sitting pretty with 3/5ths of her health. For a moment I considered spending actual money in order to defeat Hera by sheer attrition. But my better senses prevailed and I stopped myself from going down the dark path of spending 10-20 bucks just to defeat a single monster.

I should have stopped myself from wasting all those stones the moment I lost the battle during fourth wave. But I am also taking solace in the fact that all the roles I have had during Godfests have been craps and those stones would have been wasted on cashing in crap monsters anyways.

Back to grinding and slowly leveling up my current team.

Colby

Like an idiot I decided to take on Hera dungeon with Lucifer as a leader, Moondragon D'spinas, two rainbow keepers and another Seraphim Lucifer as a support. I went in armed with the knowledge that I will be spending my saved stones on this battle because I really want another high caliber monster in my team aside from Lucifer. 8 stones and 1 hour later I finally reach Hera. I was confident that with 5 stones left I will be able to take her out bit by bit. But the sheer damage output from her single attack was too much for my team to handle. 5 minutes later I was out of all stones and she was still sitting pretty with 3/5ths of her health. For a moment I considered spending actual money in order to defeat Hera by sheer attrition. But my better senses prevailed and I stopped myself from going down the dark path of spending 10-20 bucks just to defeat a single monster.

I should have stopped myself from wasting all those stones the moment I lost the battle during fourth wave. But I am also taking solace in the fact that all the roles I have had during Godfests have been craps and those stones would have been wasted on cashing in crap monsters anyways.

Back to grinding and slowly leveling up my current team.
That was a good call, man. You won't need Hera any time soon, and by the time it comes around again, you'll be stronger, have more stones to work with, and be able to use today's experience to build a more efficient team.

Abandond

Is there a specific ripper that I should evolve first?

Three carbuncles from one dragons den run. :l

Tomb of Saints expert is whipping my butt. I need some more rcv. Friday I should be able to evolve my Siren.

Kyu

Neo Member
Is there a specific ripper that I should evolve first?

Three carbuncles from one dragons den run. :l

Tomb of Saints expert is whipping my butt. I need some more rcv. Friday I should be able to evolve my Siren.

It really depends on your needs. Light or Dark are nice because of the no resist to their attack. Other than that, you should look at what damage reduction you might need. Their leader skills are useful. Do you have any toy dragons or other damage reducers?

Which level on Tomb of the Saint are you having problems with?

AFAIK they involve a special rare gacha + special dungeons... It's interesting!

Not necessarily a special rare gacha; Japan only ever got those for FFCD and Evangelion.

It does mean that we'll likely get a dungeon that drops monsters which skill up Gods or otherwise rare monsters, though.

Abandond

It really depends on your needs. Light or Dark are nice because of the no resist to their attack. Other than that, you should look at what damage reduction you might need. Their leader skills are useful. Do you have any toy dragons or other damage reducers?

Which level on Tomb of the Saint are you having problems with?

No to the both of your questions, my two teams are:

Leader: ADK, aurora dragon, holy dragon, moondragon d'spinas, volcano dragon.
Leader: Lucifer, Rainbow Keeper, dub-mythlit, moondragon d'spinas and dub-amelit. (high hp for some random dungeons)

Other decent monsters: Pyro Demon, Vampire (evolving today), Siren (will evolve today).

and I'm having issues with the first level. I just can't outheal the damage the bosses put out on the last floor. Trying to get to ocean of heaven to get a mystic mask, last part for Lunar Moondragon.

Wut wut?!! We're having a Ninja event, now? Totally unexpected, even though people have been asking for one. Man. I don't know if I should pull or not. I already have Fuma and Hanzo as random pulls during god fests, but I don't know if it's worth pulling for the others outside of a god fest, especially if there's no way to currently skill them up.

Kyu

Neo Member
Trying to get to ocean of heaven to get a mystic mask, last part for Lunar Moondragon.

Even if you get to ocean of heaven you might have problems farming it. The boss on the first level attacks for 46k and has 510k HP. I'd say the best chance for you to get that mask is wednesday dungeon, even if it is frustrating. You should definitely farm Dark Night Sword today for a knight if you plan on running mono dark. Maybe some more dub-mythlits if you have low Team Cost

Wut wut?!! We're having a Ninja event, now? Totally unexpected, even though people have been asking for one. Man. I don't know if I should pull or not. I already have Fuma and Hanzo as random pulls during god fests, but I don't know if it's worth pulling for the others outside of a god fest, especially if there's no way to currently skill them up.

Any chance the Clash of Clans collab dungeon will give skill up for ninjas?

BlueSteel

Don't do it. You don't wanna know how many times I pulled just to get Hanzo.

Uthred

Why would they pair them with something as lacklustre as toy dragons? I'd like Hanzo for my mono-dark alt team but it doesnt seem worth the risk

Why would they pair them with something as lacklustre as toy dragons? I'd like Hanzo for my mono-dark alt team but it doesnt seem worth the risk

Well the toys are getting a busty in 5.3, although we don't know how good those dual-types are going to be. The simpler explanation is GungTrolled

Wonder if the Clash of Clans collab is new thread-worthy.

Kosh

[US] 6/7/2013
Alert! Metal Dragons! ( 15 Stamina, 5 Battles )
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=94

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group
you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
B 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
C 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
D 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
E 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00

To convert PDT time into GMT, use this formula: GMT = PDT + 7
Disclaimer: Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Special Event Dungeon
Dark Night Sword
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=105

Legendary Blizzard Dragon
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=367

*Graduation Celebration Event!!*
[Duration]: 5/31 - 6/7 (PDT)
Daily free Magic Stone
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons again!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Jewel/Metal King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine - including SUPER Gold/Metal Dragon Kings!!!

Each day of the event we will have special Event Dungeons available:

6/07 (Fri): Dark Night Sword (CDK)

TimeKillr

Where did you see that? (edit: Ah I see. And this is a complete troll event - Ninjas and toy dragons? REALLY? Do we really need more toy dragons? We're all gonna pull dralls like crazy :) )

I have Hanzo and Sasuke, but as far as I know the only 2 truly useful ninjas are Hanzo and Fuma?

I mean Sasuke is nice and he essentially replaces a Parvati -> CuChu combo... You can get rid of hearts with an Artemis, so if you have Artemis + Sasuke + Michael you can get all green board in one swoop (except Artemis' CD is horribly slow lol). If you pair that with a Freyja and a Susano you have a pretty good team, but the problem is Parvati is still top tier with her stats.

Radav

mother of god...what have they done

I second that wholeheartedly. lol What the hell!?

Oh I see so instead of getting an element featured in the REM we're getting Ninjas and Toy Dragons. I'd consider pulling for a godfest with Ninjas but not the random weekly "increased" events we get each week.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Managed 2 Hera kills yesterday. Feels good. Got my A Odin to 39 from green goodies! Now to waste stones to get my Heras leveled from metal dragons!

I did consider farming CDK drops to skill my CDK up...But I don't know if it's worth it. Is he a staple on any farm teams?

2x 0 is still 0! :)

agreed...it's been discussed before. Same with everything, really. Godfest are what, 2x or 3x increase drop rates? Well 2x 1% is 2%....while Riders/ToyDragons/Golems/ are around a whole lot higher.

It'd be curious to know what their actual numbers are.

Managed 2 Hera kills yesterday. Feels good. Got my A Odin to 39 from green goodies! Now to waste stones to get my Heras leveled from metal dragons!

I did consider farming CDK drops to skill my CDK up...But I don't know if it's worth it. Is he a staple on any farm teams?

Dark/Green 2x ADK teams. So hard to get drops in those dungeons though.

J0dy77

So I guess I need to download Clash of Clans?

954896_639099326118663_399276570_n.png

No clue how I feel about this. I'm excited to get more dungeons and especially collaborative ones but Clash of clans? Really? Could be worse, could be angry birds.

Hoping they come up with some better collabs in the future for US. FF would have been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom