• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clue how I feel about this. I'm excited to get more dungeons and especially collaborative ones but Clash of clans? Really? Could be worse, could be angry birds.

Hoping they come up with some better collabs in the future for US. FF would have been awesome.

could be worse. Could be....

who wants to grab a slurpee

ZecSHZ9.png

qMQTB34.png

...yup

No clue how I feel about this. I'm excited to get more dungeons and especially collaborative ones but Clash of clans? Really? Could be worse, could be angry birds.

Hoping they come up with some better collabs in the future for US. FF would have been awesome.

Gotta take the bad with the good. Here are some collab mobs that have appeared in JP in the past:
I8P7TI2.png

qbAj6Wz.png

ypYzqni.png

well okay that last one is kinda cool in its own bizarre way.

I would really like to get a mermaid, but haven't had any luck via running normal dungeons. So I was considering giving expert of the Blizzard Dragon a shot. I hate wasting stam if its not possible to complete the dungeon, though. So, wondering if you guys could suggest a build to run it. Here's my current box:
0hZMeEK.png

Ryhian

Im attempting to get my first dub by running Friday dungeon. With drop rate x2 is it better to do the regular shrine run or expert? I think expert has a higher chance of dropping? I ask because I could only do expert two times with my stam.

Or maybe they only drop from the expert?

StMeph

Im attempting to get my first dub by running Friday dungeon. With drop rate x2 is it better to do the regular shrine run or expert? I think expert has a higher chance of dropping? I ask because I could only do expert two times with my stam.

Or maybe they only drop from the expert?

Dubs are only available in Expert. If you're unsure of being able to tackle it, find a Shiva friend leader and farm in the early levels to charge up his skill.

1 king out of 7 metal runs. Wouldn't be too happy if I didn't have the dark pengdras to use up all the small ones.

Yeah, this 2x event hasn't felt much like a 2x, or at least not like the ones we've had before.

I would really like to get a mermaid, but haven't had any luck via running normal dungeons. So I was considering giving expert of the Blizzard Dragon a shot. I hate wasting stam if its not possible to complete the dungeon, though. So, wondering if you guys could suggest a build to run it. Here's my current box:
0hZMeEK.png

Gonna be honest you are going to have a rough time with it. On Expert the boss hits for 31907 damage every 8 turns. I don't see anything in your box that will allow you to survive that or burst his 224375 HP down in time.

xCobalt

Not sure how much hp you'll have but I'd probably run: Toytops + 50% water resist leaders with Hades and your best monsters. With those 2 resist leaders, the dragon will deal about 11k damage so your main priority is to get atleast that much hp and enough recovery to heal in 8 turns. From there, you can just grind it out. I would spend the day levelling up the team you're planning to run with and wait until the 2x drop rate on saturday or sunday.

I don't really care one way or another about what brands GungHo collabs with or how the monsters look. I just care about if they come with worthwhile monsters to keep or farm for skill-ups. Like how the Final Fantasy collab has good monsters like a Light delayer with lower duration and cooldown than Echidna, a Wood poisoner, Rainbow Crystal, and a Dark ADK(though Zaerog makes Bahamut obselete now).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't really care one way or another about what brands GungHo collabs with or how the monsters look. I just care about if they come with worthwhile monsters to keep or farm for skill-ups. Like how the Final Fantasy collab has good monsters like a Light delayer with lower duration and cooldown than Echidna, a Wood poisoner, Rainbow Crystal, and a Dark ADK(though Zaerog makes Bahamut obselete now).

+1

Not sure how much hp you'll have but I'd probably run: Toytops + 50% water resist leaders with Hades and your best monsters. With those 2 resist leaders, the dragon will deal about 11k damage so your main priority is to get atleast that much hp and enough recovery to heal in 8 turns. From there, you can just grind it out. I would spend the day levelling up the team you're planning to run with and wait until the 2x drop rate on saturday or sunday.

Alright cool. I have access to an awoken odin (thanks adam@GAF!), and have some leveling stuff saved up for green heroes, so this is possibly doable. What about a heal-heavy, mainly green team with dragons for sweeping and Awoken Odin leader skill? If I did this, was thinking I'd run some sort of heal leadership character, possibly mandrake. The goal would be to take the 30k blow, reduced to 6k by odin, and immediately heal back up in the following 8 turns.

Alright cool. I have access to an awoken odin (thanks adam@GAF!), and have some leveling stuff saved up for green heroes, so this is possibly doable. What about a heal-heavy, mainly green team with dragons for sweeping and Awoken Odin leader skill? If I did this, was thinking I'd run some sort of heal leadership character, possibly mandrake. The goal would be to take the 30k blow, reduced to 6k by odin, and immediately heal back up in the following 8 turns.

Probably your best bet. Might also want to have some sort of contingency plan (probably the earth golem) if you end up with too large a mob where you can't heal back up before another enemy attacks.

xCobalt

That works too but you gotta make sure you can survive or one shot encounters where there are multiple monsters with the same timer.

Splat

Finally got my Hera last night (ended up being 3 stones, forgot to refill health before advancing to stage 10).

Goddamn that took forever. What's the main use w/ hera these days?

StMeph

Finally got my Hera last night (ended up being 3 stones, forgot to refill health before advancing to stage 10).

Running Zeus. Usually with 2x Hera.

Gravity is a useful skill in general for bosses with tons of HP. Plays well with Dark teams. Hera is a poor man's farmable Hades, basically.

Kyu

Neo Member

Good job! 3 stones is a lot better than my 9 stone first run. Really expensive considering I'm a non-IAP player. I had an underleveled CDD+Odin team. I only use Hera for bosses with high HP. Your next Hera run will go a lot faster

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
anyone having luck with the dub-mythlits today? I swear, other than the pretty texts....I couldn't tell you this was an event.

I haven't touched them today. I did, however, use a stone to get some metal dragon runs in. Walked away with 5 kings in like, 7 runs. Fed 3 to my first Hera. I plan to bum rush kings all day. I need to evolve my Heras! I need 2 more keepers to get the second evolved though.

I feel better about my 2~$50 iTunes card I got for $40 a piece. I almost feel dirty doing it, but at 150+ days played, it feels about right for how much interest it has kept on my end.

muu

You could also bring a Lucifer along too and blast him to the high heavens w/ Morning star in one blow (300,000DMG). He's the only "good" leader I got so I got him up pretty much all the time, my ID is 377 750 202 if you want to add me and use it.

anyone having luck with the dub-mythlits today? I swear, other than the pretty texts....I couldn't tell you this was an event.
I actually got a ton of Dub-myths from the Tower of Jewel, so I didn't need anymore. I just decided to stock up on a few Light and Dark Dubs for future evos since it was 2x rate. I got 3 more Dub-myths before finally scoring a Dark one. I'd gladly trade with you if I could. I'm sitting on 11 Dub-myths and only 1 Dark one.

i'm legit 0 for 7. Tons of Light and Dark...which I don't need as I've Ultimate'd everything that I have so far. Need a few more dub-myth so I can evo the toy dragons. Currently the only one I have is going to choo choo (need 6 more levels!!)

J0dy77

I agree but at the same time will be heavily annoyed if I get a key party member that has lame artwork and doesn't fit in with the game. FF, I'm a fan... would love anything that comes from that... Clash of Clans I don't want permanently in my box (just a pet peeve for me).

The 7-11 stuff wouldn't bother me either since it looks like it's just Kings for skill-ups, not a big part of the game. Drink a slurpee, get a level on Horus... win win. :)

J0dy77

Back to gameplay part of the thread:

Decided to Evolve Grand Tyrannos after we started discussing the starter dragons a couple pages back. I've got a nice red team that I wasn't even thinking about now:

Tyrannos leader

Horus
Echidna
Red Giant Gigas
Phoenix Knight

Red leader (Ares seems to probably be the best bet)... 25k HP and 4x attack.

Anyone obvious I'm missing from this lineup? What does everyone else run for mono red?

Back to gameplay part of the thread:

Decided to Evolve Grand Tyrannos after we started discussing the starter dragons a couple pages back. I've got a nice red team that I wasn't even thinking about now:

Tyrannos leader

Horus
Echidna
Red Giant Gigas
Phoenix Knight

Red leader (Ares seems to probably be the best bet)... 25k HP and 4x attack.

Anyone obvious I'm missing from this lineup? What does everyone else run for mono red?
Looks good. You can mix and match subs, but nothing wrong with your roster as is.

Abandond

Man Mystic Dark Knight has some shitty drop rate, lol.

Doesnt help that my team is pretty damn slow. I'm running Lucifer, Moondragon, Rainbow Keeper, Dub-mythlit, Siren and evolved Lucifer as the helper, 36k with a decent amount of recovery but at least I can complete it!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man Mystic Dark Knight has some shitty drop rate, lol.

Doesnt help that my team is pretty damn slow. I'm running Lucifer, Moondragon, Rainbow Keeper, Dub-mythlit, Siren and evolved Lucifer as the helper, 36k with a decent amount of recovery but at least I can complete it!

Agreed. I pumped Verche to 1 away from max skill. This dungeon feels like misery on drop rates compared to white knight. I've opted not to push for skilling my dark knight this time.

Abandond

Agreed. I pumped Verche to 1 away from max skill. This dungeon feels like misery on drop rates compared to white knight. I've opted not to push for skilling my dark knight this time.

I just want one to actually have a CDK, lol.

I kinda wish I went for Verche, need some light monsters.

OTIX

i'm legit 0 for 7. Tons of Light and Dark...which I don't need as I've Ultimate'd everything that I have so far. Need a few more dub-myth so I can evo the toy dragons. Currently the only one I have is going to choo choo (need 6 more levels!!)
I'm 0 for 5. I finally got a blue dub though so I could evolve Siegfried and feed him the 22 porings I had. 1 skill up.

And I thought 2/25 for Cu Chu was bad...

Looks like we're getting the Skydragons again next week, because ?????

Guess they needed more filler before unleashing the Sengoku dragons on us. But why them instead of the Mechdragons which we have not gotten in a longer amount of time?

Guess they needed more filler before unleashing the Sengoku dragons on us. But why them instead of the Mechdragons which we have not gotten in a longer amount of time?
Well that sucks. I have all the sky dragons and only one mechdragon. I guess this will relieve some of the pressure to run the weekly dungeon.

Kyu

Neo Member

Official FB seems to hint that mech dragons are coming soon. Probably after legendary. Will the orb enhancer's appearance rate be as miserable as I'm fearing?

malts

Just starting to figure things out with this game. So addicted but farming for Emelits to evolve my Earth Dragon and Dryad is killing me.

Anyone want to swap gifts?

Kyu

Neo Member
Any easier teams for Underworld Legend that don't require Hades, Zeus, or Luci?

You could probably do it with a mono red 4/1/4 or 4/2/2. Agdrall, gigas, jotunn and echidna.

Another alternative could be resist + anubis lead if your orb matching skills are good. Need to be able to whip out 10x combos consistently.

I think someone here did it with a mono blue. You can find more info a couple of pages back.

Limit

Any idea on when Pendgra village event will occur again? I am sitting on close to 30 metal dragons and am considering selling them all if it isn't soon.

OTIX

Any easier teams for Underworld Legend that don't require Hades, Zeus, or Luci?
The safest team I've found is Ares+Noel, hard to find helpers though. I've also done it with red and green 2/4/2 teams but its risky, a maxed Siren can help a little. Note that angels don't work since they are light and will get locked by the boss.

xCobalt

The safest team I've found is Ares+Noel, hard to find helpers though. I've also done it with red and green 2/4/2 teams but its risky, a maxed Siren can help a little. Note that angels don't work since they are light and will get locked by the boss.

I use a Holy Ceres on the team I ran with and I actually prefer it getting binded. A turn where the boss doesn't use Curse Ball and binds my weakest attacker, I'm fine with that. You still recover the same amount regardless.

Pacman2k

I use a Holy Ceres on the team I ran with and I actually prefer it getting binded. A turn where the boss doesn't use Curse Ball and binds my weakest attacker, I'm fine with that. You still recover the same amount regardless.

Not to mention her very nice reset button mega heal still charges up while bound. :)

Finally got up to the conditionals on my JP account, except all my good mons are either light or dark element. Guess I'll work on normal dungeons instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom