• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosh

[US] 6/11/2013
Dungeon of Sapphire Dragons ( 20 Stamina, 5 Battles )
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=262

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group
you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
B 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
C 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
D 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00
E 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00

To convert PDT time into GMT, use this formula: GMT = PDT + 7
Disclaimer: Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Special Event Dungeon
Skydragon of Flame
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=72

OTIX

I also need dark keepers and none of the others. Do you think it's better to run rainbow or an expert dungeon? In rainbow you have a 50% chance of seeing a dark keeper, not sure about the drop rate without 2x though. In the expert dungeons the chance of seeing a dark is lower but the drop is 100% and the stam cost is a little lower. Also you get other keepers to skill up your mech warriors, on the other hand you can feed rainbow for a bit of xp.

xCobalt

Got a dark keeper on my first master run. Still need a couple of rainbow keepers though for the ultimate evolutions. I'm glad I'll be able to use the heartbreakers on my other teams.

I pulled an Amon in the devilfest, how does his Curse of the Ice active skill work? How much damage does the counterattack do?

It's similar to the machine golem's leader skill, except it lasts 5 turns, activates 100% of the time you take damage, and reflects 2x (I think) instead of 5x.

J0dy77

I had a pretty great PAD day today. Hit 100 stamina (feelsgoodman.jpg), got a bunch of plus eggs, evolved bracheus and evolved and fed about 15 blue Pengdras to my blue team. Had this in one run as well:

5e2yP50l.jpg

Asturie

So I just started playing this a few days ago and have a question. I had to restart because i flashed my phone and forgot to backup PAD, but on my original account my rare monster was a level 30 Dragonette and then I lucked out and got an Undine a bit later. I was able to breeze through all the dungeons up until Fire Forest Nerva. Then I flashed my phone and lost everything. Started over and got Baal and while Baal is amazing he takes up 25 party points and I only have 26 points total. Now I have issues clearing the Tower of Trials and the Dungeon of Dark. My question is what can I do at this point to allow for faster progression? Should I focus on leveling Baal and continue using essentially just him and a partner? Or ditch Baal and use a full party of lower level monsters until I have more party points?

So I just started playing this a few days ago and have a question. I had to restart because i flashed my phone and forgot to backup PAD, but on my original account my rare monster was a level 30 Dragonette and then I lucked out and got an Undine a bit later. I was able to breeze through all the dungeons up until Fire Forest Nerva. Then I flashed my phone and lost everything. Started over and got Baal and while Baal is amazing he takes up 25 party points and I only have 26 points total. Now I have issues clearing the Tower of Trials and the Dungeon of Dark. My question is what can I do at this point to allow for faster progression? Should I focus on leveling Baal and continue using essentially just him and a partner? Or ditch Baal and use a full party of lower level monsters until I have more party points?

Do the latter; Baal's leader skill doesn't become too meaningful until late in the game while your starter mon is a good leader in the early game.

Also you lucked out with the data corruption because Baal is like 1000x better than Dragonette

J0dy77

5.2 COMING TONIGHT!!!

Was just thinking about it and saw the system status message. Can someone post the final evolve mats for Valk, Seigfried and Chu Chu? Hoping I have enough for two of them.

Kosh

[US] 6/12/2013
Alert! Metal Dragons! ( 15 Stamina, 5 Battles )
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=94

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group
you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 7:00 12:00 17:00 22:00
B 8:00 13:00 18:00 23:00
C 0:00 9:00 14:00 19:00
D 1:00 10:00 15:00 20:00
E 2:00 11:00 16:00 21:00

To convert PDT time into GMT, use this formula: GMT = PDT + 7
Disclaimer: Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Special Event Dungeon
Skydragon of Flame
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=72

Radav

Does 5.2 add much?

Really hoping we get Zeus, Valk, and something like Goemon or Hera-Is during the 5.2 release celebration we're almost surely going to have. I'm dying to get a Valk so I can duel element her and put her on my Horus team. I've finally maxed out all the members of my Ra team except for Echidna who's 94 and waiting for a 2x king event to finish up, so I'm itching to take them out for a spin. Oh and I was wondering is pengdra village a weekly thing in the japanese version?

Really hoping we get Zeus, Valk, and something like Goemon or Hera-Is during the 5.2 release celebration we're almost surely going to have. I'm dying to get a Valk so I can duel element her and put her on my Horus team. I've finally maxed out all the members of my Ra team except for Echidna who's 94 and waiting for a 2x king event to finish up, so I'm itching to take them out for a spin. Oh and I was wondering is pengdra village a weekly thing in the japanese version?
Pengdra village is like the metal dragons in JP; they run about once a week there.

Best advice I can give is to find a way to farm starlight sanctuary. Easier said then done though, that's for sure.

lolz

I'm in Vesta Cave. Been putting off some of the normals for a while while beefing up the teams. Blue team is doing some work right now. I'll check it out when I get there though..will be spending time in Neptune during the weekends, think they have a chance to drop there

Has anyone else experienced some serious burnout when skydragon Fire came back?

This is the third run of the skydragons in 6 months... Really dissapointed. Not sure what they should have run, but anything but Skydragons...

Has anyone else experienced some serious burnout when skydragon Fire came back?

This is the third run of the skydragons in 6 months... Really dissapointed. Not sure what they should have run, but anything but Skydragons...

I don't think we've seen MechDragons in forever. Think I still only have one. I don't think i'll be running the Skydragon at all. Most of these dragons are pretty useless unless you take the time/resources to get them extremely high level. At least mech (HIGH hp) and Ancient (nice active) are useful.

Hey guys, so I haven't tried room of masks on expert yet and am not sure what to expect....really don't want to waste the stamina on something i can't complete. I've browsed the P&D database and it seems that this dungeon can be completed with a "zombie" team, consisting of a bunch of terrible creatures w/survival from ogre and healing from an automatic healer. Is this the best way to go? Going to post my team below. If you can suggest an alternative build would be appreciated as I don't really want to farm the stuff for a zombie team.

x3FfKcz.png

Hey guys, so I haven't tried room of masks on expert yet and am not sure what to expect....really don't want to waste the stamina on something i can't complete. I've browsed the P&D database and it seems that this dungeon can be completed with a "zombie" team, consisting of a bunch of terrible creatures w/survival from ogre and healing from an automatic healer. Is this the best way to go? Going to post my team below. If you can suggest an alternative build would be appreciated as I don't really want to farm the stuff for a zombie team.

Better idea.

Run an all red team with a "SHIVA" friend leader. charge the shiva's skill the first turn. Then you can pop the skill and 3-red orb match your way to victory through all five rounds.

It is really easy. and if you accidentally match red on the first round, you are probably safe in round two. (but you want shiva's skill up if any divine masks show up)

The reason this works is because Shiva's active skill does not go away if you all kill the monsters on that round. it only expires after the monsters get a turn to attack. So as long as they never attack their defense is still 0.

muu

aside from shiva, poison is the easiest way to beat Wed and Friday dungeons. Two poison chars and you basically won the dungeon once you step into 4.

If you can buff your red team to over 5000HP total, I'd take a mono red team w/ Echidna and Keeper, and a poison ally. You'll have two oh-shit buttons that you can generate by stalling on the first dungeon, then it's up to you to stock reds to pummel the god masks (which hit for 9999). You can "save" stocks of 2x2 reds on both left and right-bottom corners to easily create 3 or 5 reds to take out the most dangerous mobs quickly.

J0dy77

x3FfKcz.png

Resolve team I'd your best bet. Put a low level Titan up and use the strongest auto healer on your friend list.

Better idea.

Run an all red team with a "SHIVA" friend leader. charge the shiva's skill the first turn. Then you can pop the skill and 3-red orb match your way to victory through all five rounds.

It is really easy. and if you accidentally match red on the first round, you are probably safe in round two. (but you want shiva's skill up if any divine masks show up)

The reason this works is because Shiva's active skill does not go away if you all kill the monsters on that round. it only expires after the monsters get a turn to attack. So as long as they never attack their defense is still 0.

Whoa...I was not aware...so once you pop shiva's skill it just stays out there reducing defense of every new wave of monsters that appears?

Kyu

Neo Member

x3FfKcz.png

How much HP will you have with a mono red with shaitan lead and evolved Shiva friend? Store orbs and charge up Shiva and then clear it

Edit: beaten

It stays active provided you sweep the round.

Whoa...I was not aware...so once you pop shiva's skill it just stays out there reducing defense of every new wave of monsters that appears?

Yes, as long as the enemies never get a turn to attack the defense reduction will stay. However you have to kill them each turn. so you will want to practice those orb saving tips muu gave you to help.

My tip is to run the first ten or so floors of endless corridor (without the shiva lead so you don't waste it) and practice orb saving before you go into room of masks

it lasts one turn. one turn : you attack, enemy attack. If you wipe the floor with a match, that's only half a turn. Keep wiping each floor with a 3-orb match and you'll be good.

Yes, as long as the enemies never get a turn to attack the defense reduction will stay. However you have to kill them each turn. so you will want to practice those orb saving tips muu gave you to help.

My tip is to run the first ten or so floors of endless corridor (without the shiva lead so you don't waste it) and practice orb saving before you go into room of masks

Cool, yeah. Can someone throw up a shiva? This is pretty stupid...I think I deleted my two shiva friends yesterday...

I put my Shiva up for you, 317.248.206
Awesome, thank you. Invite sent.

raiot

I put my Shiva up for you, 317.248.206

edit: Just tell me when i should relog, i will relog every 20 minutes for the next 2 hours...

Abandond

So would it be silly to spend stones on stamina so I can get a succubus or should I wait for 1.5x drop on Castle to have a chance at vampire, succubus and echidna?

Also, what's the point of the new slimes? Aren't slimes kinda trash?

Also x 2, pls godfest I want to spend money on some egggs

raiot

Dont Spend stones on stamina until you reach around 100...
And if you plan to roll on a god fest, don't farm for those 3 star heart breakers and healers.
The chance is high that you will get one or another from the REM.

So would it be silly to spend stones on stamina so I can get a succubus or should I wait for 1.5x drop on Castle to have a chance at vampire, succubus and echidna?

yes. yes it would be silly. Wait for x1.5 drop or special dungeons that usually have a higher rate.

3x damage boost for a turn ain't nothing to sneeze at. I think I could potentially one-shot Hera with my under leveled Valk team using that new slime skill.

Abandond

Alright, this weekend Ill do a mix of dragon tower and the witches ball so I can rank up before running out of stamina. I hope for at least one of the two. I need a few mats that I can get tomorrow and friday which will let me evolve three of the rippers to their final form. Waiting for a PAL egg event to use these 13 eggs, which will hopefully give me the green and black ripper. Going to have the materials ready to evolve them, will just need the XP.

lenni

I'm looking for some team advice, if anyone could help me.

I want to challenge Zeus the next time he comes around and was wondering what kind of team I should level up some more.

I was thinking about

Leader: Duke Vampire
Awoken Hera
Awoken Hera
Echidna
Dark Archdemon Lucifer / CDK
Friend: Zeus / Seraphim Lucifer

I'm not sure about the last 2.
Demon Lucifer hits Zeus for 300k with his skill, so I'd say he's more useful than a CDK.
So it comes down to the friend leader.
With all skills used, Zeus HP should be:
Zeus = ~930k
Lucifer = ~990k
Does the added safety due to Lucifer's added HP and RCV balance out the 60k less damage through skills, and lower ATK?

Any input would be appreciated!

J0dy77

Alright, this weekend Ill do a mix of dragon tower and the witches ball so I can rank up before running out of stamina. I hope for at least one of the two. I need a few mats that I can get tomorrow and friday which will let me evolve three of the rippers to their final form. Waiting for a PAL egg event to use these 13 eggs, which will hopefully give me the green and black ripper. Going to have the materials ready to evolve them, will just need the XP.

If you really want rippers I'd say pull now. The kings are great but technically lower your chances of getting rippers. I started hoarding pal pulls after i got all the rippers.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having trouble finding an answer and then apk link in the OP seems to have been taken down.

Is there a guide to getting this running on a nexus 7 I'm in Europe and its still not available on the store over here.

Slottm

Neo Member
I'm looking for some team advice, if anyone could help me.

I want to challenge Zeus the next time he comes around and was wondering what kind of team I should level up some more.

I was thinking about

Leader: Duke Vampire
Awoken Hera
Awoken Hera
Echidna
Dark Archdemon Lucifer / CDK
Friend: Zeus / Seraphim Lucifer

I'm not sure about the last 2.
Demon Lucifer hits Zeus for 300k with his skill, so I'd say he's more useful than a CDK.
So it comes down to the friend leader.
With all skills used, Zeus HP should be:
Zeus = ~930k
Lucifer = ~990k
Does the added safety due to Lucifer's added HP and RCV balance out the 60k less damage through skills, and lower ATK?

Any input would be appreciated!

With a lucifer lead (especially only one) you're going to get smacked up by zeus quite a bit once your cooldowns run out. The vamp/hera/hera/echidna/cdk/zeus team is staple, and don't forget about the chimeras. Since you're using all cooldowns on zeus (except orb changes) expect to spend a majority of the stones on the chimeras. It's not a fun fight at all. You have to throw stones at it :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom