• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to feel like it isn't possible to get boss monsters. I've been trying to get a mermaid for 2 days now, I have most likely played the same lvl 30 times.

Light and dark variants are only through presents. The other three can be gotten in some special dungeons.

What about the other bosses like the golems, different advanced knights, succubus, cupids, and other random level end bosses?

I obtained a few (a dryad), but it seems like some of them would be to overpowered to actually be able to obtain.

kswiston

Unlike the metal dragons, Pengdras can be leveled up through power-up fusion. At max level (10), they provide 9000exp when fed to a monster of the same element.

Pengdras can also evolve. Their evolved version, like the metal dragons, does not level up, and provide 45k exp when fed to a monster of the same element.

So basically, for the cost of 2-3 third tier normal dungeon creatures, and three of the colour metal dragons (which usually provide 2-3k exp based on element), I can get a 45k exp fusion monster?

Thanks for the info!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Need one more Dark Demon Mask to get my Vampire Lord. D: Out of stamina.

BUT! I could recharge and take advantage of the Dark Dungeon 1/2 stam that's going on, too...Get me a pile of Baddies to evolve and feed my Vampire Lord once I evolve him. <3

xCobalt

What about the other bosses like the golems, different advanced knights, succubus, cupids, and other random level end bosses?

I obtained a few (a dryad), but it seems like some of them would be to overpowered to actually be able to obtain.

They can be gotten too. It's just that the drop rate is really low.

sorry for what must've already be explained in this thread but if i were to make an american itunes account, could i still use all the ipad stuff i've downloaded on my original uk account?

Damn this thread exploded, I need to grab this and try it out.
I'm glad other people have learned the gameplay mechanics now and can answer questions, cause the first 5-10 pages of the thread were people flailing around going aaaaag I don't know what I'm doing. Game is super complex.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm starting to feel like it isn't possible to get boss monsters. I've been trying to get a mermaid for 2 days now, I have most likely played the same lvl 30 times.

I've given up too. I ran it countless times when I should have probably been progressing in the dungeons and my monsters.

Owzers

i gave up on hunting for mermaid in favor of spending all my stamina on the metal dungeons when i see them. Got my succubus to lilith 4 star, dark golem thing to dark golem mach 2 4 star, and lvled up my Dino Rider and Dark Knight thing a lot.

vivin

Dont give up! the bosses do have incredibly low drop rate, it took me 32 attempts to get mermaid, all the while I got mass amount of exp/coin

Now my next target is Lilith. Just wondering if I should be trying the lower or higher tier dungeon for her hmm....

Owzers

Dont give up! the bosses do have incredibly low drop rate, it took me 32 attempts to get mermaid, all the while I got mass amount of exp/coin

Now my next target is Lilith. Just wondering if I should be trying the lower or higher tier dungeon for her hmm....

did you get one at Mermaid Feast or Voice of Siren?

Jinko

I've given up too. I ran it countless times when I should have probably been progressing in the dungeons and my monsters.

Yea this is the downside to the stamina gauge, you feel as if your every decision needs to be a good one otherwise you are screwing yourself over.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yea this is the downside to the stamina gauge, you feel as if your every decision needs to be a good one otherwise you are screwing yourself over.

Yeah, today I don't know if I should go for all the masks I need, or do the metal dungeons :\ I'm guessing masks, since the metals happen more often.

It works? It'll probably run like shit (hell, even JetPack JoyRide runs like shit).

I'll try it out.

works = should install fine (basically the play store just downloads the apk and installs it. you are just bypassing the 'downloading and tieing to store' part).

probably will run like shit, but who knows. i had a few games back when i had my incredible that 'werent supported', but still ran alright. kind of hit'n'miss, but you can turn off some of the effects to see if that helps

Dawg

ahhh right right. you'll have to sideload it. i'm sure someone here has done it, but the .apk installer and apk are in the OP.

if you're rooted, you should just be able to download and install the apk (if you have 'non-market apps' checked).

someone correct me if i'm talking out of my ass :D

So I have to 'jailbreak' my SIII if I want to play the game?

So I have to 'jailbreak' my SIII if I want to play the game?

shouldn't have to. i may have mispoke initially. try downloading the apk (from the op) on your phone....then use a file browser (astro, etc) and try and install it. should work ok.

I posted some on the previous page that might help as well

Jinko

Suggestions on a dungeon to farm him? My highest level dungeon is the mountain Bakkesu(?)

You can farm them in Sea Cave Mercury I think, if not evolve a blue goblin.

Think I'm guna make a team of keepers for mask dungeon just got one shot again :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my 4th Dark Demon Mask on my 5th or 6th run of the Wednesday dungeon! Fuck yeah! Now I just need an Amelit and I'll have my Vampire Lord! Where's the best place to farm Amelits?

E: Dungeon of Dark and Friday dungeon it looks like.

blackflag

I've had some prety crazy luck as far as dungeon drops go.

I got Cupid, Dryad, Titan from their dungeons despite only running them once.

Feels good man.

garath

Your data is now due for corruption XD backup now!

Lol. That would suck.

Personally I wouldn't care that much. I'd go for a different rare pull god initially. The only thing that would make me sad is the loss of my 420k coins. Grinding that weekend dungeon with 1.5x coin drop was huge.

Ronok

I'm at an interesting point in the game where I'm struggling to complete any dungeons without using one of my friends green odin... This really isn't a good situation. lol

Lol. That would suck.

Personally I wouldn't care that much. I'd go for a different rare pull god initially. The only thing that would make me sad is the loss of my 420k coins. Grinding that weekend dungeon with 1.5x coin drop was huge.

and you'd probably pull it in your first time, ya jerk.

kidding :D

Victrix

*beard*
I'm at an interesting point in the game where I'm struggling to complete any dungeons without using one of my friends green odin... This really isn't a good situation. lol

Not really, that's pretty normal

Basically your team is going to look like either:

1.5x+ multiplier with another 1.5x+ multiplier, to deal massive damage and nuke shit down fast (works well on mono color teams)

or

1.5x+ multiplier + healer to keep you standing

or

Some form of defense, either Resolve (Any of the Ogres, Titan), super Resolve (Viper Orochi), Green Odin, or a 50% damage reduction from one element (evolved lil' dragons, various others) + healer to keep you standing

There are certainly plenty of others, but those are what I'd consider bog standard

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Just starting out, someone please help.

I have 20 slots for monsters, and I want to fuse some lesser ones to eventually fuse with powerful ones, but most of my squad is full of evolution cards - do I just use them for fusing too or hang onto them for evolution?

Are there any rare evolution cards that I definitely shouldn't fuse with?

I finally made it through the Volcano of Vulcan and am now working on Neptune Glacier.

I evolved my main into Tyrannos and have a Blue Goblin and Yellow Carbuncle ready to evolve (just need the right material). I have a Cupid so maybe I should try putting that one in instead of the Carbuncle.

My team is comprised of one from each element right now and my green is Wood Mech Warrior Asgard; he is a major damage dealer for me so I don't want to take him out but I do have a Dryad.

I also have a Blue Ogre that looks like he would be better than my Blue Goblin, but my team cost is maxed out right now thanks to Asgard.

I'm close to level 17 and I think that is another upgrade to team cost so maybe I can make a change then.

I flipflop with this game so much. I run out of Stamina and I'm like "fuck this, pay to play shit ... I'm done" ... then 10 minutes later I check to see if I can play. Drop rates are terrible, ran the Mermaid one over and over to no avail ... but I still want to play!

If they changed the price of the pulls, I'd gladly pay. $5 for 10 pulls seems a lot more realistic when the chances are so low. I'd do that every other week or so ... but I can't bring myself to buy anything at those amazingly high prices.

dat metal dragon dungeon. 2 runs...10 dragons (1 king high).

i assume you guys don't use the small metal dragons for higher evolves, right? just reserve those for power leveling fuse fodder? 1k a pop doesn't do much when you're lvl30...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom