• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

I think one of the things I need to decide is WHAT to level up. I keep bouncing between stuff when I should work on one or two. Like I don't need masks right now, I don't think. But I need things for my mermaid (wherever those are) Plus I have some dragons I want to level. I think I have one or two other cards too.

Anyone looking to swap presents? I've just hit level 21, and I've added myself to the spreadsheet. I don't have a great healer, but my main leader is a Dark Golem MkIII which is pretty beastly tank which randomly counters for 5,000 dark damage.

Anyway let me know if you want to swap presents! 303,249,201
Ill swap with you!
I have a mermaid Im training as my main and a neptune as well.

Dawg

Anyone with a Galaxy SIII playing this? Just got one (was playing on iPad earlier) and I'm a bit cautious about the whole apk thing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think one of the things I need to decide is WHAT to level up. I keep bouncing between stuff when I should work on one or two. Like I don't need masks right now, I don't think. But I need things for my mermaid (wherever those are) Plus I have some dragons I want to level. I think I have one or two other cards too.

Dragons are stupid. I hate leveling them. Tomorrow, though...Gather those evo mats because they are impossible to come by otherwise. :|

So far I'm loving this game. Wow does the difficulty really jump up after the Castle of Satan. I'm stuck at a point where I need to farm evo materials from expert mask dungeons only to get 1 shot by Strong labeled stuff. It's a little depressing where I'm at now.

Game definitely turned into a grind.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So far I'm loving this game. Wow does the difficulty really jump up after the Castle of Satan. I'm stuck at a point where I need to farm evo materials from expert mask dungeons only to get 1 shot by Strong labeled stuff. It's a little depressing where I'm at now.

Game definitely turned into a grind.

I've read that you should have a Resolve team ready for shit like this. I'm still looking into how to build one, though.

Anyone with a Galaxy SIII playing this? Just got one (was playing on iPad earlier) and I'm a bit cautious about the whole apk thing.

using a GS3 (US on Verizon). installed through play store no problems. any problems, let me know

(game nukes battery life, probably w/ constant connection. whenever i'm done playing, i just kill it using the task manager)

ParityBit

Dragons are stupid. I hate leveling them. Tomorrow, though...Gather those evo mats because they are impossible to come by otherwise. :|

Whats wrong with Dragons? Right now I am running with ADK as my leader, Red/White/Black starters.

I have a blue or green normal dragon, or maybe my mermaid when I get home...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Whats wrong with Dragons? Right now I am running with ADK as my leader, Red/White/Black starters.

I have a blue or green normal dragon, or maybe my mermaid when I get home...

They're incredible, I'm just being bitter since I haven't been able to evolve mine yet. :p Stock up on the evo mats tomorrow as you'll definitely need them.

Dawg

using a GS3 (US on Verizon). installed through play store no problems. any problems, let me know

(game nukes battery life, probably w/ constant connection. whenever i'm done playing, i just kill it using the task manager)

You from the US? Because the OP is talking about an .apk file for EU players (and I'm from the EU)

how do you properly powerup characters with the +1 with other characters? does the main one need to be at max lvl or will it att the +1 at any level merged?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
how do you properly powerup characters with the +1 with other characters? the the main one need to be at max lvl or will it att the +1 at any level merged?

If you feed your monster a +1 monster (no matter if it's max level or not), you will inherit the +1 bonus forever on that monster.

I think I hit a bump. I don't have enough points. Thor takes up 20 rank points. I barely have rank for a decent light team. Is this where we just grind for exp boosting?

ParityBit

They're incredible, I'm just being bitter since I haven't been able to evolve mine yet. :p Stock up on the evo mats tomorrow as you'll definitely need them.

Both my Starter Red and Starter Black are 4* and need the stupid evo which wiped me yesterday! My Starter white is 3* right now.

That's why I was thinking of leveling my mermaid. Probably pull my normal Blue off the team. but then the question is who do I make the leader?

What dungeon is the evo mat dungeon tomorrow? Just the Thursday dungeon?

You from the US? Because the OP is talking about an .apk file for EU players (and I'm from the EU)

ahhh right right. you'll have to sideload it. i'm sure someone here has done it, but the .apk installer and apk are in the OP.

if you're rooted, you should just be able to download and install the apk (if you have 'non-market apps' checked).

someone correct me if i'm talking out of my ass :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Both my Starter Red and Starter Black are 4* and need the stupid evo which wiped me yesterday! My Starter white is 3* right now.

That's why I was thinking of leveling my mermaid. Probably pull my normal Blue off the team. but then the question is who do I make the leader?

What dungeon is the evo mat dungeon tomorrow? Just the Thursday dungeon?

Yeah, I think the Thursday dungeon is the evo dungeon (Green Dragons?).

E: Yup! Thursday Dungeon

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man I need to remove my credit card from my itunes account. It's so tempting to "just spend a buck" to refill my stamina or to get 5 more boxes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Changing leader? Anyone?

The easiest way I found (the only way maybe?) is to select your leader and replace him on your edit team menu. If you want to change your leader to a monster currently on your team, I'm nearly positive you need to remove that monster from your team BEFORE you can make it your leader.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This game seems overly complicated by skimming the OP, but hey, I rather try shit than read about it. Let's download it!

"This app is incompatible with your TIM Samsung GT-I9000."

Oh.... :( Stupid old phone

This game seems overly complicated by skimming the OP, but hey, I rather try shit than read about it. Let's download it!

"This app is incompatible with your TIM Samsung GT-I9000."

Oh.... :( Stupid old phone

side load that shit

Once you've obtained the file you need to connect your phone or tablet to your computer via USB and turn on USB storage mode and copy the APK to your device. Go into Settings>Security and enable installation of apps from unknown sources. Once you've done that fire up a file browser (such as ASTRO), locate the APK file, and open it. Your device should then recognize the file and your app should be running in a few seconds.

basically just download the apk on your phone and run using a file browser

OK are all non-starter bosses catchable?

I keep hearing about catching some of the earlier bosses, and I understand that the only way to get starters is through pal gifting, just trying to connect some dots.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have three cupids... is there any possible reason to keep all 3? Seems like I should fuse two into the other.

xCobalt

OK are all non-starter bosses catchable?

I keep hearing about catching some of the earlier bosses, and I understand that the only way to get starters is through pal gifting, just trying to connect some dots.

Light and dark variants are only through presents. The other three can be gotten in some special dungeons.

Jinko

I'd fuse them for a chance at a skill up.

I'm curious if this would reset on evolution as cupid is 1x heal on matched orbs, angel is 3x and archangel is 5x although its the same skill name and doesn't have a different description, I only noticed this through looking at the wiki.

Oh my! Never saw one, no wonder I have no idea what it is.

You find them in technical dungeons along with chimera's which can be used to skill your dragons up.

I'm curious if this would reset on evolution as cupid is 1x heal on matched orbs, angel is 3x and archangel is 5x although its the same skill name and doesn't have a different description, I only noticed this through looking at the wiki.
Leader skills don't have skill levels.

xCobalt

You're thinking of their leader skill which can't be levelled up. Their share the same active skill though so you can definitely attempt to level it up. Also, both Cupid and angel heal for 1x their rcv while archangel heals for 3x.

This super sucks. So after you get a present once (which is likely all we'll ever each get), we're SOL?
Pretty much. I don't see it much of a loss though. I got the light starter and the lil white dragon fully evolved and rarely use the light starter.

Could someone explain to me (or link an explanation) how pengdras work?
Unlike the metal dragons, Pengdras can be leveled up through power-up fusion. At max level (10), they provide 9000exp when fed to a monster of the same element.

Pengdras can also evolve. Their evolved version, like the metal dragons, does not level up, and provide 45k exp when fed to a monster of the same element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom