• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrytang

I WILL concede that I haven't started doing technical dungeons or advanced special dungeons yet. I imagine I'll get into that after I clear the normal dungeons. i'm primarily thinking about clearing the normal dungeons.

This a joke post or troll post. No special or tech dungeons?? You have to beat the special daily to level up any monster all the way to 5*. You won't be getting gate keepers or huge sprites any other way. Tech dungeons give you pengdras. Once open never feed anything else to monster. Have to got colored dragons and dragon plant to evo those things to get max exp bonus. However, a maxed pengdras or penguin dragon still better than anything else. Feed slimes, golems, ogres carbuncles to them to get to max. Only getting 2-3 per tech floor. Also try and level 5 at a time. You need 4 million xp for some of theses monsters. Won't be getting that with carbuncles. If you not playing special you not playing. If you don't have Odin forget about getting too far with weaker team. Find several odins and get a healer as your leader.

KuroNeeko

This a joke post or troll post. No special or tech dungeons?? You have to beat the special daily to level up any monster all the way to 5*. You won't be getting gate keepers or huge sprites any other way. Tech dungeons give you pengdras. Once open never feed anything else to monster. Have to got colored dragons and dragon plant to evo those things to get max exp bonus. However, a maxed pengdras or penguin dragon still better than anything else. Feed slimes, golems, ogres carbuncles to them to get to max. Only getting 2-3 per tech floor. Also try and level 5 at a time. You need 4 million xp for some of theses monsters. Won't be getting that with carbuncles. If you not playing special you not playing. If you don't have Odin forget about getting too far with weaker team. Find several odins and get a healer as your leader.

You gotta read what I wrote. No advanced Special dungeons. I've been concentrating on normal level Special dungeons because the Stamina investment of the higher tiers isn't worth it for me at this point. As for the bit about Carbuncles, I wrote a similar post about a day or two ago in this very thread.

The point is, that I will concede to Jinko that perhaps the hardest of hard dungeons may NOT be possible to clear without spending cash on the game - I can't say either way because I'm not there yet. I'm talking about Hera Descended and other late-game, "hell"-tier dungeons. However, I believe that you can clear anything in the game without spending money provided you spend the time.

Owzers

are vampire egg drops rare in Castle of Satan? I got one but :( :( :( i died at the final boss and had no chance of beating it so i had to leave the egg drop behind :( That was only the first stage too Xo

Kurod

Banned
Boooo. I got my Harpie Demon at max level and have all the evo mats listed in the Chinese wiki but can't evolve her because I guess her final stage isn't out in the western version yet :(

Beat Fire Forest Nerva only failing once or twice. I actually beat the end stage on accident as I thought it was a previous stage that I was grinding for carbuncles.
How far am I from castle of satan? :3

totowhoa

Banned
Beat Fire Forest Nerva only failing once or twice. I actually beat the end stage on accident as I thought it was a previous stage that I was grinding for carbuncles.
How far am I from castle of satan? :3

Four more dungeon sets to finish.

I finally made another big push in monster evolution. Feels good. After tomorrow's evo mat dungeon I should get a few more things pushed up to their last or second-to-last form.

Forz

are vampire egg drops rare in Castle of Satan? I got one but :( :( :( i died at the final boss and had no chance of beating it so i had to leave the egg drop behind :( That was only the first stage too Xo

I think they are pretty rare. I had one drop after maybe 15-20 plays but I think I may have been lucky.

bunch of noob question:

1) i keep getting a bunch of evo materials. Should i use them? none of my guys are maxed but it seems to let me do it anyway.

2) is there an advatage to evo fuse / powerup fuse with the same attribute, or does it not matter?

3) sometimes it says "wont activate leader ski". why is that?

4) the rare i got from the tutorial rare egg machine was the Dark Dragon Knight #101 (4 star). is he worthy?

5) does the rarity of the item you evo fuse with affect the outcome? for example i got a bunch of Dragon Seeds and 1 Dragon Plant. i assume the plant is better?

6) What is RCV?

7) I tried a special dungeon and it kicked my ass at rank 9, how strong should i be?

bunch of noob question:

1) i keep getting a bunch of evo materials. Should i use them? none of my guys are maxed but it seems to let me do it anyway.

2) is there an advatage to evo fuse / powerup fuse with the same attribute, or does it not matter?

3) sometimes it says "wont activate leader ski". why is that?

4) the rare i got from the tutorial rare egg machine was the Dark Dragon Knight #101 (4 star). is he worthy?

5) does the rarity of the item you evo fuse with affect the outcome? for example i got a bunch of Dragon Seeds and 1 Dragon Plant. i assume the plant is better?

6) What is RCV?

7) I tried a special dungeon and it kicked my ass at rank 9, how strong should i be?

1) It won't actually let you evolve until you're at max level; the brightness of the card just lets you know if you have all the materials.

2) Same attribute monsters give a 50% EXP bonus for fusing.

3) Leader skills from helpers only active if they're on your friends list.

4) He's alright. Could be better could be worst.

5) Each monster requires specific monsters to evolve. Higher rarity monsters need higher rarity evo material.

6. Recovery. Determines how much you heal when you match recovery obs.

7. Depends on the dungeon. You should never go into a special dungeon without knowing what to expect, because they tend to impose certain gimmicks on you.

Much of this is covered in the OP, btw.

xCobalt

Just removed some people from my friends list. If you guys need a good healer I have an Alraune with over 600 recovery. I use ADK from time to time as well.

ID: 356 137 283

Dawg

I finally made it through the Volcano of Vulcan and am now working on Neptune Glacier.

I evolved my main into Tyrannos and have a Blue Goblin and Yellow Carbuncle ready to evolve (just need the right material). I have a Cupid so maybe I should try putting that one in instead of the Carbuncle.

My team is comprised of one from each element right now and my green is Wood Mech Warrior Asgard; he is a major damage dealer for me so I don't want to take him out but I do have a Dryad.

I also have a Blue Ogre that looks like he would be better than my Blue Goblin, but my team cost is maxed out right now thanks to Asgard.

I'm close to level 17 and I think that is another upgrade to team cost so maybe I can make a change then.

whoah, I'm only Rank 10 and I've completed Volcano of Vulcan as well. Am I going too fast for my level? :p (did some insane 10+ combos though).

Current team:

Lv. 11 Leader Tyran
Lv. 6 White Fighter
Lv. 8 Blue Goblin
Lv. 7 Black Fighter
Lv. 7 Mystic Stone Knight

KuroNeeko

Is there any reason why I can't evolve my Tyrannos? He's at max level and I have all 4 pieces needed.

It's because he requires 5 pieces to evolve;D I'm guessing that you're missing the Keeper of Flame. Monsters that you've never owned will appear as question marks in your Monster Book and Evolve Monster window.

Just for reference you need these mats:

Dragon Flower
Dragon Plant
Dragon Seed
Rubilit
Keeper of Flame

It's because he requires 5 pieces to evolve;D I'm guessing that you're missing the Keeper of Flame. Monsters that you've never owned will appear as question marks in your Monster Book and Evolve Monster window.

Dragon Flower
Dragon Plant
Dragon Seed
Rubilit
Keeper of Flame

Man, I feel like an idiot. Any idea where I can farm for a Keeper of Flame?

KuroNeeko

Damn, I don't want to wait until tuesday.

Yeah, the Tuesday Dungeon or Slot Machine is the only way to get Keepers. Sorry!

If it makes you feel any better, I've been sitting on Lil Green Dragon, Leaf Demon, and Mermaid until the Friday Dungeon. Just think how good it'll feel next Tuesday to evolve your Tyrannos!

totowhoa

Banned
Yay, Thursday dungeon is here. Just got my green dragon evolved to its 4* form with a dragon plant only to find that I have every evo material for it's 5* form sans a rainbow lit (whatever they're called)... but it's got to be at level 70 :( This is the highest level requirement I've found yet (aside from 99.... I assume my monster with a max level of 99 won't evolve again, anyway).

Jinko

Boooo. I got my Harpie Demon at max level and have all the evo mats listed in the Chinese wiki but can't evolve her because I guess her final stage isn't out in the western version yet :(

LOL dude !

No.397 is the highest our monsters go, better luck next time though.

Holy fuck, my consecutive login bonus for today was three Magic Eggs. :O

How many days is that and what did you get from them ?

I just realize that my box of 100 is full of nearly all evo mats. My drop luck is shit. D:

I have the Team of Mediocrity. fire dragon, ivory dragon, dark dragon, white dragon, toytops, dyrad, taur demon, succubus, and a few others

I have never gotten a good drop or anything all that great out of my 5 pull of the rare machine.

Kosh

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/10/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 08:00 13:00 18:00
E: 09:00 14:00 19:00

really wish this game would tell you what lvl your monster is expected to be at when fusing. i'm tired of looking up charts to make sure i don't waste xp. sitting on two king high metal dragons and i don't want to waste them. gah!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
really wish this game would tell you what lvl your monster is expected to be at when fusing. i'm tired of looking up charts to make sure i don't waste xp. sitting on two king high metal dragons and i don't want to waste them. gah!

Max level, which is listed when you "check info" on a monster.

Radav

Technical dungeons seems like an interesting twist. I messed up on the 2nd tech dungeon when I brought a team loaded with fire monsters but no rondo of healing to heal me up when I made matches and the boss there ended up chipping away at me until I had no way to heal. lol

Now that I've gotten this far I think I've found where it finally starts to get a little grindy. I have a stable full of monsters that are desperately awaiting some evo mats so I can evolve them and move on. But I won't be able to get all the -lits I need until tomorrow's dungeon. I'm kind of stuck because I tried the tower of flare and the tech dungeon and both showed I'm sorely lacking in the healing and dmg. department. I sure wish there was another way to continue playing when I run out of stamina besides paying a $1 to do so.

garath

Dragon Flower
Dragon Plant
Dragon Seed
Rubilit
Keeper of Flame

Haha, I was just coming into this thread to ask what the last evo piece was for my starter fire dragon.

I just got him to level 35 today and that ? in the fifth slot was driving me nuts. Tuesday dungeon eh? sigh :(

Jinko

Technical dungeons seems like an interesting twist. I messed up on the 2nd tech dungeon when I brought a team loaded with fire monsters but no rondo of healing to heal me up when I made matches and the boss there ended up chipping away at me until I had no way to heal. lol

Now that I've gotten this far I think I've found where it finally starts to get a little grindy. I have a stable full of monsters that are desperately awaiting some evo mats so I can evolve them and move on. But I won't be able to get all the -lits I need until tomorrow's dungeon. I'm kind of stuck because I tried the tower of flare and the tech dungeon and both showed I'm sorely lacking in the healing and dmg. department. I sure wish there was another way to continue playing when I run out of stamina besides paying a $1 to do so.

Yea, I been grinding for the last 3 days and not getting anywhere haha.

TIP - get plenty of green pengdra's maxed out for the next emerald dragon schedule :D

garath

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/10/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 08:00 13:00 18:00
E: 09:00 14:00 19:00

2pm - working
7pm - dinner with family
12am - sleeping

Dammit, crappy schedule for me today :(

garath

I decided my #1 priority is to level up my mermaid to a 5* healer. They are way to powerful/key to a team.

My number 1 priority is getting a better team. My Thor is my only card higher than 3 stars (other than evo material). It's pretty saddening. My pulls have been shit.

ParityBit

My number 1 priority is getting a better team. My Thor is my only card higher than 3 stars (other than evo material). It's pretty saddening. My pulls have been shit.

I got my mermaid from a PAL pull I believe. I do not remember but I did not farm for her.

She is 3* but I am one low level evo from getting her to 4*. Then I have a bunch of dragons to get her higher level. Since there are 12 dungeons that change daily/weekly I am avoiding overload of planning. Ill do for one at a time, unless they all need the same type of evo. This may also help with the team point situation!

I think I may start a real second game on my phone too. Don't know what starter I will go for though. Maybe one of the "prized" ones from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom