• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been expressed that it doesn't really matter what you roll in your first outing, but I was just wondering if what I got was decent? This my first foray into the game, and since I'm getting used to the puzzle format, it's gotten really fun.

Anyway, I rolled "Idunn & Idunna" Decent? Or trash?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
More like every question repeated fifty times

Your questions are answered in the OP, and in several posts over many pages

Really? I don't see the OP mentioning if using evolution monsters for fusions is a good or bad idea... And I thought it'd be faster to ask a simple question rather than trawl for something that might not exist.

Just starting out, someone please help.

I have 20 slots for monsters, and I want to fuse some lesser ones to eventually fuse with powerful ones, but most of my squad is full of evolution cards - do I just use them for fusing too or hang onto them for evolution?

Are there any rare evolution cards that I definitely shouldn't fuse with?

i usually sell them as i find they are pretty plentiful due to the daily dungeons. unless its something i only have one of (dragon fruit right now). but masks and stuff? usually keep a few on hand and sell the rest.

oh yeah....and upgrade the monster box

Really? I don't see the OP mentioning if using evolution monsters for fusions is a good or bad idea... And I thought it'd be faster to ask a simple question rather than trawl for something that might not exist.

it really doesn't have to. most
low level
evo materials give shit exp (100-150ish?) soooo its not beneficial at all from an coin/xp ratio.

Just starting out, someone please help.

I have 20 slots for monsters, and I want to fuse some lesser ones to eventually fuse with powerful ones, but most of my squad is full of evolution cards - do I just use them for fusing too or hang onto them for evolution?

Are there any rare evolution cards that I definitely shouldn't fuse with?

Just a beginner myself, but here's my suggestion. Do NOT use the evo creatures (that you get at the beginning of the game at least) for powering up - their experience contribution is just too minimal. I know they take up slots but try to power up a couple of monsters as you get other monsters you don't want to use (I do advise using same color monsters as much as possible). After you get through the tutorial you will have enough eggs to get a rare monster - do that. Then, as you complete dungeons use those eggs to add more spaces to your monster box. Just be careful about evolving too quickly - the team cost of those monsters increases and along with the rare you got from the first 5 eggs you can end up out of points real fast.

Sometimes I skim over a post and forget to answer it / hope somebody else answes it due to laziness

You should usually keep evo materials for evolution, because inevitably something down the line is going to need it and you'll kick yourself for getting rid of it when the RNG decides it hates you and stops dropping more. Expand your box if necessary.

Especially don't get rid of rare 3* or high evo material.

Jinko

The fact they are named evolution materials and not enhance materials didn't give it away ?

But to answer your question you would be better of selling them than using them for XP, if you feel you must get rid of them.

harrytang

the best method ive found for sorting through drops is a translated version of the chinese wikia site. check the monster number in game and find it on the wikia. it shows all stats, what it takes to evo, and what it could become each evo step. start going through it monster by monster. sometimes the low level shit looks weak at 2* and 3* but can be suprising what shit can evo to. also, some neat things can be found out like how the ogres can become 2 color level 4* through fusion and not evo. best refernece for monster questions if you ask me. this thread should really focus on strategies and friend connections. too much monster info to cover here excpet for Gods and Dragons.

I just started playing this today and am enjoying it so far. I got a 4 star from the rare monster machine during the tutorial, is that ok or should I re-roll?

I'm still not very good at getting big combos, seems like I only get 1 or 2 combos each time.

Is there a strategy for how to combine monsters to maximize level up efficiency / fused monster power? Or should I just combine any old random card with any old random other card?

Ferrio

Banned
I just started playing this today and am enjoying it so far. I got a 4 star from the rare monster machine during the tutorial, is that ok or should I re-roll?

I'm still not very good at getting big combos, seems like I only get 1 or 2 combos each time.

Is there a strategy for how to combine monsters to maximize level up efficiency / fused monster power? Or should I just combine any old random card with any old random other card?

-Matters which 4 star you got.
-Combos were hard for me at first.. until i realized you can move the orb in any direction anywhere.
-Early on just random shitty cards into shitty cards is fine. Later you'll find metal dragons which are the big exp ticket items.

Thanks all!

And no I have no notion of what enhance material is ...

Any monster whose sole purpose is to fuse-level up or fuse evolve other creatures.

I have two Gold Dragon 3* enhance material cards. They look like they will ad 1500 exp each to my Cupid. This is a decent of the material, right?

Jinko

Who know how to get the dark golem mk.iii. That thing is a beast. it counter attacked and killed so many monsters.

Yea the wood mech warrior asgard will counter attack sometimes also.

You can get them by evolving the golems No. 78-87

You can get the elemental ones from dungeons, but the light and dark are gacha only AFAIK.

Victrix

*beard*
Who know how to get the dark golem mk.iii. That thing is a beast. it counter attacked and killed so many monsters.

Dark/Light golems are from the Breakers special dungeon only afaik (which was a one time deal here on new years I believe).

It'll probably come up again at some point, the way the special dungeons work is they rotate in new ones every few weeks and on special occasions.

harrytang

8364749771_dd9d05a32d_n.jpg

in my opinion the only shit worth leveling for fusion are the pengdras or pengiun dragon things. gotta get to satan dungeon before they open up but then just farm the floor 2 over and over.

take the colored drgaons you get daily and feed evo them to next level. get like 225K exp or something ridiculiosly high. takes time and effort and boxes. i have about 70, only spent 2 dollar so far on game fyi. these monsters can take about 150 - 4 million to fully evo so you want to maximize as best you can. everything esle i feed to pengdras to get to max level for evo.

im not leveling carbuncles or golems or anything else. those penguins from tech dungeons best use of time in my opinion.

I have two Gold Dragon 3* enhance material cards. They look like they will ad 1500 exp each to my Cupid. This is a decent of the material, right?

depends on the coin, but yeah generally metal dragons are a GREAT source of xp. Just make sure the xp/cost ratio is good.

1500xp/100 coin is great. 1500xp/2500coin....is not

Yea the wood mech warrior asgard will counter attack sometimes also.

You can get them by evolving the golems No. 78-87

You can get the elemental ones from dungeons, but the light and dark are gacha only AFAIK.

Dark/Light golems are from the Breakers special dungeon only afaik (which was a one time deal here on new years I believe).

It'll probably come up again at some point, the way the special dungeons work is they rotate in new ones every few weeks and on special occasions.

It was a beast. Hope I can get one someday.

Jinko

in my opinion the only shit worth leveling for fusion are the pengdras or pengiun dragon things. gotta get to satan dungeon before they open up but then just farm the floor 2 over and over.

take the colored drgaons you get daily and feed evo them to next level. get like 225K exp or something ridiculiosly high. takes time and effort and boxes. i have about 70, only spent 2 dollar so far on game fyi. these monsters can take about 150 - 4 million to fully evo so you want to maximize as best you can. everything esle i feed to pengdras to get to max level for evo.

im not leveling carbuncles or golems or anything else. those penguins from tech dungeons best use of time in my opinion.

Yup, this, obvious carbuncles are good if you don't have access to technical dungeons though.

depends on the coin, but yeah generally metal dragons are a GREAT source of xp. Just make sure the xp/cost ratio is good.

1500xp/100 coin is great. 1500xp/2500coin....is not

Thanks. It was only 600 coin per, and I pulled a third one so my level 6 Cupid doubled up and is now level 13. Still need 3 team points to use her though...

ParityBit

So if you need a low level evo, is it best to go back to the lower levels to get it? I need 3 blue Safa Wizards, and its the level 3 dungeon that has them.

Victrix

*beard*
So if you need a low level evo, is it best to go back to the lower levels to get it? I need 3 blue Safa Wizards, and its the level 3 dungeon that has them.

No, drop rate is crap - wait for the weekly dungeon

Only exception being if you're very early on and you just need one to evolve your starter or something

ParityBit

No, drop rate is crap - wait for the weekly dungeon

Only exception being if you're very early on and you just need one to evolve your starter or something

Damn, OK. I need two more and then I can evolve my mermaid!

I have no stamina now as it is, so I can't do much more. I wasted it on trying to get one of the masks I needed for her.

EDIT: Which weekly dungeon? :)

Owzers

Just opened up Castle of Satan, the last dark dragon boss took a long time to beat but i wasn't in danger. I don't have high attack creatures, i dont' know how i'm going to keep progressing as i don't have the patience to slowly chip away at things. My highest atk is 600ish on a creature

lingiii

Banned
^ making it worse.

I've just been selling those bitches for cash to fuse proper fusion materials

Also still nobody needs a level 20 gift buddy?

blackflag

Just opened up Castle of Satan, the last dark dragon boss took a long time to beat but i wasn't in danger. I don't have high attack creatures, i dont' know how i'm going to keep progressing as i don't have the patience to slowly chip away at things. My highest atk is 600ish on a creature

How far past Twin Temple Apollo is Castle of Satan? Just curious, I'm destroying everything on sight but spending most of my time in the upgrade daily dungeons.

Jinko

How far past Twin Temple Apollo is Castle of Satan? Just curious, I'm destroying everything on sight but spending most of my time in the upgrade daily dungeons.

FWIW there are more dungeons after satan, its just castle of satan is where it starts to get more difficult.

Also .. Tier 3 masks suck.

DodgerSan

The easiest way I found (the only way maybe?) is to select your leader and replace him on your edit team menu. If you want to change your leader to a monster currently on your team, I'm nearly positive you need to remove that monster from your team BEFORE you can make it your leader.

Thanks, that's where iPad going wrong.

blackflag

FWIW there are more dungeons after satan, its just castle of satan is where it starts to get more difficult.

Also .. Tier 3 masks suck.

Oh thanks, I actually didn't know that. From the way I hear it mentioned so much, I just figured that was the end.

daemissary

I'm jealous of everyone posting about their amazing drops. I'm already rank 34 and I haven't had a single decent drop besides a King Metal Dragon...and I don't have anyone good to feed him to.

I'm jealous of everyone posting about their amazing drops. I'm already rank 34 and I haven't had a single decent drop besides a King Metal Dragon...and I don't have anyone good to feed him to.

feed it to starter dragon?

its bad that i have never had a 'not enough points to start everyone....'

:(

KuroNeeko

Also you can't complete everything without spending a single cent, some monsters, gods etc only come from gacha.

I don't agree with this. Almost everything drops in this game at some point or another. You get free Crystals every time you clear a dungeon for the first time, not to mention crystals for special events, maintenance, and other issues. I haven't spent a cent on the game so far and have my monster box up to 100, a few 5 star monsters, and am moving along as fast as my stamina will take me.

I WILL concede that I haven't started doing technical dungeons or advanced special dungeons yet. I imagine I'll get into that after I clear the normal dungeons. I'm guessing where we are disagreeing is the degree of completion - I'm primarily thinking about clearing the normal dungeons, but I'd wager that you can clear everything without spending ANY cash and only fair luck at the gacha. It's only a matter of time, which is essentially what all social games with IAP deal in. Money for time. It's possible that you're right, though, and that I haven't progressed far enough to know the folly of my ways.

I spent three days farming for goddamn dark demon masks... Wouldn't want to wish that on anybody. Today's mask dungeon is probably your best bet.

Yeah, I'm one short of my Vampire Lord. Farming for specific monsters can be...nerve-wracking.

Tired of trying to farm mermaids for the moment. Where's the best places to farm the various flavors of mystic knight?

If it hasn't changed in the localization, then you can only farm Mystic Knights in special dungeons. The only one available to you right now is the Sky Dragon dungeon.

Suggestions on a dungeon to farm him? My highest level dungeon is the mountain Bakkesu(?)

You can farm Marine Goblins in Sea Cave Mercury - it's like the Costco of Marine Goblins.

Really? I don't see the OP mentioning if using evolution monsters for fusions is a good or bad idea...
There's an easy way to figure this out. When fusing, it should list how much XP each monster will contribute. I think you'll notice that most evo mat monsters give pitiful experience for the cost, especially for higher level fusions. Whether it's worth it or not is your call.

And I thought it'd be faster to ask a simple question rather than trawl for something that might not exist.

You can't really blame people then for not wanting to take the time out to answer your question. Why should people help you if you can't help yourself? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom