• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

muu

I just kept running through twilight woods, took about 5 runs to meet an onyx mask, took another 7 or so to get one to drop. I do have one happy CDK sub to account for it though!

Might wait till tomorrow to farm woods again for another mask for my lilith...

J0dy77

I'm have had 5 runs through Castle of Satan Technical dungeon and have yet to encounter any Divine Oynx Mask, which is what I am attempting to get. I have done a rotation through all the floors but is there any specific floor where the chance of getting a divine mask drop is the highest? Is it more difficult the floor the higher the chance is?

Just keep at it, they'll come around.

Edit: Just saw Cosmo's reply below. My original comment was assuming you were running tech dungeons. If you need a specific Onyx Mask, hit the respective tech dungeon.

Going to be posting my monsters in a bit to get feedback on what I've been doing (I've slowed down my playing so it isn't much different from a month ago or so). I do want to ask this though - if I already have a Duke and an evolved Persephone, is there any reason to keep a Vampire Lord and a second Persephone?

Colby

So the new Heartbreaker ultiimate evos are awesome, but their artwork is too "busy."

You guys don't seem excited for Valk. I know I am! It's the only Heartbreaker I'm missing, and I'm sitting on 31 yellow Porings. Someone said a Horus team should be able to do it. Can this team do it:

screenshot2013061312143.png

Does Echidna's stall matter here, or should I go with a max skill level max level Vampire Lord (not Duke-ified)?

How do you plan on doing 900k damage in one turn? Because that's the threshold for 33% HP to death for Valk on Legendary. If you fail then she heals back to full health.

Regardless you definitely need Zeus+Gigagravity in that party.

Radav

I honestly can't wait to try beating Valkyrie finally. I've spent almost all of my time in PAD the last couple months slowly maxing out my Ra team members. I've practiced making Ra's combo a lot and I think I'm finally ready.

In doing a little research the strats for taking her down are all pretty similar. Bring a gravity or 2 with a delay and then nuke the crap out of her before she can make a move. Apparently in the japanese version they get 2 difficulties but up to this point I think we've only gotten the mythical version.

Here's a couple links for anyone interested.

This one is some general discussion about team setups. With some links to videos using Horus, Ra, Zeus, and a dark team setup to win.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=4194

For anyone considering using Horus I can't imagine a better guide then the one written up here. The guy who did it literally figured out exactly how much dmg you need to do per turn depending on how many gravity you have at your disposable. As well as just general overall strategy for each floor.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=5520

I honestly can't wait to try beating Valkyrie finally. I've spent almost all of my time in PAD the last couple months slowly maxing out my Ra team members. I've practiced making Ra's combo a lot and I think I'm finally ready.

In doing a little research the strats for taking her down are all pretty similar. Bring a gravity or 2 with a delay and then nuke the crap out of her before she can make a move. Apparently in the japanese version they get 2 difficulties but up to this point I think we've only gotten the mythical version.

Here's a couple links for anyone interested.

This one is some general discussion about team setups. With some links to videos using Horus, Ra, Zeus, and a dark team setup to win.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=4194

For anyone considering using Horus I can't imagine a better guide then the one written up here. The guy who did it literally figured out exactly how much dmg you need to do per turn depending on how many gravity you have at your disposable. As well as just general overall strategy for each floor.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=5520

We should get Legendary this time around; the last time she rolled around we were still on 5.0 and that difficulty didn't get added till 5.1.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I won't lie - it feels damn good to have gotten a lucky Godfest Valk back when I first started playing. :p Come a long way (as I stare at my 156 stones hahaha).

J0dy77

I won't lie - it feels damn good to have gotten a lucky Godfest Valk back when I first started playing. :p Come a long way (as I stare at my 156 stones hahaha).

Yeah, Valk is the one farmable mob I'm not disappointed to get out of the rare machine. She got me through Hera with zero stones, is a key part of my Horus team and today's upgrade makes her really strong.

If you can find field a team to beat the dungeon I would definitely give it a try.

Anyone else curious why Duke Vamp Lord didn't see a busty evo this time around? He fits right in with the heart breakers and seemed ready for one last evo. You could put Red Giant Gigas in that group as well.

So how about this team.

Zues, D/D Hades, Awoken Hera, Echidna Red Empress (Skill lvl 4), (open for recommendations), and another Zues...

That would leave 775865 left over after four gravities, and two turns to kill him...

Thats would be 86207 before x9 from the dual Zues's. 43104 between the two turns...

This is hoping that I can charge skills on rounds 1 & 2, and burn through 3 and 4 with x9.

I am just not sold this will work...

xCobalt

So how about this team.

Zues, D/D Hades, Awoken Hera, Echidna Red Empress (Skill lvl 4), (open for recommendations), and another Zues...

That would leave 775865 left over after four gravities, and two turns to kill him...

Thats would be 86207 before x9 from the dual Zues's. 43104 between the two turns...

This is hoping that I can charge skills on rounds 1 & 2, and burn through 3 and 4 with x9.

It's pretty unlikely that you will just burn through wave 4. As someone said earlier, most of your stones will be going towards wave 4.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Once I get mine evolved, I may give her a shot. I do want to save my stones for a Godfest, though. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky an pull another Valk when the time comes, haha.

But! She is a very good dungeon to "prove yourself". I need more end-game gods, though.

OTIX

So how about this team.

I beat her with two Zeus, two Hera and two Echidna. Used one delay on wave 4 and one on Valk. You need high levels and/or a bit of luck to kill her in four rounds. And you'll spend 5+ stones getting to her. You have to charge skills mainly on wave 2, if you kill the masks too fast just quit and restart.

da923f16b53e1d3a22e87a4457e99e01.png

This is my selection of red monsters with levels. When I go mono-red, I am running:

War Deity Ares (L)
Shiva the Destroyer
Phoenix Knight Homura
Echidna, the Red Empress
Gigas

FL tends to be Freyr, Ares, or Shiva. Am I using the right pieces?

Also, just repeating a question from earlier: Is there any reason to keep a duplicate Vamp Lord or Persephone?

Any hints on leveling my Hades up? Its at level 38 right now and is getting almost no experience, but costing huge amounts of coin, for one level. Maybe best to wait for pengdra / metal dragons dungeon?

This is my selection of red monsters with levels. When I go mono-red, I am running:

War Deity Ares (L)
Shiva the Destroyer
Phoenix Knight Homura
Echidna, the Red Empress
Gigas

Also, just repeating a question from earlier: Is there any reason to keep a duplicate Vamp Lord or Persephone?
This is essentially my red team. I usually run Shiva/Ares lead with Ares/Shiva friend. Or a Freyr if I can find one. As far as subs go you have Gigas, Echidna and Phoenix Knight; that last slot is really whatever you want. Shiva is a good fit for his huge HP/ATK. I've been using Ardbeg for higher HP/RCV. I've also been considering using Minerva instead of Echidna for higher HP/ATK without sacrificing too much RCV. I think if you went with any of those ideas you'll be golden. Otherwise just work on leveling and skill ups.

Abandond

After having looked at most of the monsters, I think Valk is definitely the coolest. A fighting healer team sounds like a lot of fun.

Maybe I can get one during a god fest, no way I can complete the dungeon right now, haha.

Evolved up to Devil Dragon and have the mats to evolve Holy and Devil, just need a Sapphilit from tomorrow and then I'll be able to evolve my Aurora. Need a keeper of fire and rubylit for my Volcano Dragon and I have all the mats to max evolve a lil' green dragon once I get it.

Edit: Once I hit rank 90, should I still be doing dragon tower during the 1/2 weekend or are there better dungeons for XP?

Any hints on leveling my Hades up? Its at level 38 right now and is getting almost no experience, but costing huge amounts of coin, for one level. Maybe best to wait for pengdra / metal dragons dungeon?
Yeah at that point might as well only feed pengdras / highs / kings to him.
da923f16b53e1d3a22e87a4457e99e01.png

War Deity Ares (L)
Shiva the Destroyer
Phoenix Knight Homura
Echidna, the Red Empress
Gigas

Not sure what your stats are but you can substitute whatever into the Shiva slot depending on what you're fighting. The rest are bread and butter for a monocolor team.

next update...can we get this 'warning, fusing 3* monster' shit to go away? At least bump it to 4* or 5*
Heh. I don't really mind it. On the other hand, I'd like GungHo to add a warning for fusing/selling monsters with +stats on them. It happens rarely enough to not be an annoyance the way 3* warnings are, but when it does accidentally happen, it fucking sucks. If not that, then offset the +stat number so that it's a static graphic instead of alternating with the monster level. Sometimes I play so quickly that I only notice the monster level and continue onto the next step before the graphic has a chance to change to showing the +stat. Then, as the server update loads, I can only watch in horror as "+1" flashes back at me on the sell screen.

Regarding the new ultimate heart breaker evos, I think every one of them is an artistic step back, especially Valkyrie. She went from looking like some badass holy soldier to a fighting flamenco dancer.

mercviper

Heh. I don't really mind it. On the other hand, I'd like GungHo to add a warning for fusing/selling monsters with +stats on them. It happens rarely enough to not be an annoyance the way 3* warnings are, but when it does accidentally happen, it fucking sucks. If not that, then offset the +stat number so that it's a static graphic instead of alternating with the monster level. Sometimes I play so quickly that I only notice the monster level and continue onto the next step before the graphic has a chance to change to showing the +stat. Then, as the server update loads, I can only watch in horror as "+1" flashes back at me on the sell screen.

Regarding the new ultimate heart breaker evos, I think every one of them is an artistic step back, especially Valkyrie. She went from looking like some badass holy soldier to a fighting flamenco dancer.

I've taken to sorting by + when fusing because of this. It filters all the + monsters to the top of the list, followed by everyone sorted by attribute, i.e. fire/water/grass/light/dark. Any monsters I want to keep are starred, and then it's just a matter of picking between evo materials and fodder since I feed like colors for the exp bonus.

edit: Not having to cycle through 10 different sorts to get what you want is a nice addition though.

I completely agree. The third evos look so badass but now it's like they just crammed as much on the screen as possible.

Ashodin

After having looked at most of the monsters, I think Valk is definitely the coolest. A fighting healer team sounds like a lot of fun.

Maybe I can get one during a god fest, no way I can complete the dungeon right now, haha.

Evolved up to Devil Dragon and have the mats to evolve Holy and Devil, just need a Sapphilit from tomorrow and then I'll be able to evolve my Aurora. Need a keeper of fire and rubylit for my Volcano Dragon and I have all the mats to max evolve a lil' green dragon once I get it.

Edit: Once I hit rank 90, should I still be doing dragon tower during the 1/2 weekend or are there better dungeons for XP?

Fighting Healer team does sound awesome, it's just getting that HP up really. Maybe Odin would be a perfect match for a healer team.

xCobalt

I completely agree. The third evos look so badass but now it's like they just crammed as much on the screen as possible.

I'm fine with the artwork. The names on the other hand are terrible. It went from Princess Valkyrie to Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie. Sounds like a bad translation. Rose Valkyrie would have been just fine.

I'm fine with the artwork. The names on the other hand are terrible. It went from Princess Valkyrie to Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie. Sounds like a bad translation. Rose Valkyrie would have been just fine.

They went with a bullshit literal translation. Princess Valkyrie's name in Japan is transliterated as "Battle Maiden, Princess Valkyrie" and Great Valk's is "White Shield Goddess, Valkyrie".

At the very least they should have switched the title and the name, which most competent J->E translations do. Same reason why you get "Awoken Odin" instead of "Odin Awakened".

68ea74f181a30ccb44cb50b66f271626.png
be705d53311632e376e45dcbf1216cdf.png

Thanks for the responses on my red team. Glad to know I am not making any major blunders. Now for bllue and green...

Blue is typically:
Fortune Deity Lakshmi (L)
Abyss Neptune
Fenrir Knight Kamui
Earth-rending Emperor Siegfried
Crystal Aurora Dragon
FL: Gabriel, Isis, Plesios, Hermes

Green:
Freyja Fertility
ADK
ADK
Wolf Cu Chulainn
Parvati Golden
FL: Artemis, Michael, etc.

Any input on these would be greatly appreciated!

Oh my, healer girl team is back!

Don't forget that King Shynee exists now.

Valk 3x ATK to healers (L)
King Shynee 3x ATK to healers (1 turn)
Freyja 1.5 ATK to green monsters (1 turn)

40.5x burst damage? Could probably off Hera in a single turn with that kind of firepower.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Don't forget that King Shynee exists now.

King Shynee 3x ATK to healers (1 turn)
Freyja 1.5 ATK to green monsters (1 turn)

40.5x burst damage? Could probably off Hera in a single turn with that kind of firepower.

Oh my...With Path and Decision, you may be right!

If it weren't for the low HP that can't survive those massive boss attacks, I'd think Valkyrie/Siren/Echidna/Echidna/Echidna/Valkyrie (all max-skilled) is potentially the best overall team in the game. 9x ATK, massive RCV, and constant delay cycles that reduce even every-turn attackers to once every 4 turns.

If it weren't for the low HP that can't survive those massive boss attacks, I'd think Valkyrie/Siren/Echidna/Echidna/Echidna/Valkyrie (all max-skilled) is potentially the best overall team in the game. 9x ATK, massive RCV, and constant delay cycles that reduce even every-turn attackers to once every 4 turns.

I keep saying how Gungho seems like it wants to push type based teams, but the main issue is that the best utility monster in the game, Echidna, is a Healer, and the other popular Healer, Siren, is easily skillupable and has really good affinity with Valkyrie. Giving Balance and Physical monsters access to a 3xATK leader is a good first step to achieving parity, but without synergistic, easily attainable utility monsters there's no reason to run an all Balance or all Physical team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

You may be able to sub a Keeper or something to increase HP and provide a beefy damage reduction to try and survive a few hits?

That's the problem with healer girls...Very very low HP.

Ashodin

You may be able to sub a Keeper or something to increase HP and provide a beefy damage reduction to try and survive a few hits?

That's the problem with healer girls...Very very low HP.

once you make that team, you could keep feeding HP + eggs to it, but that would take a while. Another option is to run Leader Freyja but eh

Limit

Huh, didn't realize there was a android analog to that app, called puzz combo, time to test it out. Free as well.

This is a great little program. I normally pull off around 3 combos but with this I am getting 7+ combos now. Very useful for tougher dungeons.

J0dy77

5.2 added the Healer subtype to the light busties for Ceres and Venus, who have very respectable stats.

Damn. You're making me realize the light/dark evo was a big mistake for Venus. I did it before they announced the healer busty evo. You could run a heavy yellow healer team:

2 Valk leaders
Venus and Ceres
King yellow blob
Siren or echidna for the last spot.

I might have to roll her back. But that will be way down the line.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's kind of fun working through the dungeons again. Since there's nothing good going on at the moment (and Master runs to hope for a Phoenix are 50 fricken stam), I've been making it a point to get up to Celestial. Some of the dungeons are surprisingly difficult...But not like, Mythical levels. It's fun to remind myself how far I've come from Castle of Satan, haha.

According to Unknown PC, on Mythical Valkyrie can use Resurrection up to a maximum of 5 times. Although even one Resurrection is pretty much a failure condition, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom