• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenni

So I should better use the standard build with CDK and Zeus?
I get the argument for Zeus, but is a CDK really helping me that much against the Chimeras?
And I'm prepared to spend stones. I've saved quite a few, because the last God fest wasn't for me and as long as I can stay under 10 I'd be happy.

raiot

Without a echidna you will have to spend around 8-12, but Zeus is worth this amount of stones!
If you want to spend a minimum, download path and decision from the AppStore, it will help you on the chimeras. And don't forget to charge your skills!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Without a echidna you will have to spend around 8-12, but Zeus is worth this amount of stones!
If you want to spend a minimum, download path and decision from the AppStore, it will help you on the chimeras. And don't forget to charge your skills!

What is this Path and Decision voodoo? Does it really map out your maximum combo for you?

lenni

So you're saying I should add a second Echidna? I could do that, but thought it would cut too much into the attack power.

Slottm

Neo Member
I used a team of lvl 70 duke vamp, 99 hera, 50 hera, (both evolved) 99 cdk, max skill, echidna and 297 zeus. It still cost me 10 stones because the chimeras were bullshit, and when they'd kill me, it'd respawn me with 0 usable orbs at times (0 darks) which essentially meant i gained a charge turn and a death. My friend did zeus the same day, same set up, basically same amount of stones. Chimeras suck :/

Posting again for new page and because I still haven't found an answer.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having trouble finding an answer and then apk link in the OP seems to have been taken down.

Is there a guide to getting this running on a nexus 7 I'm in Europe and its still not available on the store over here.

Posting again for new page and because I still haven't found an answer.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having trouble finding an answer and then apk link in the OP seems to have been taken down.

Is there a guide to getting this running on a nexus 7 I'm in Europe and its still not available on the store over here.
I'd wait until tomorrow if I were you; we're getting a new patch overnight and every out-of-region Android player is going to need a new APK.

Abandond

If you really want rippers I'd say pull now. The kings are great but technically lower your chances of getting rippers. I started hoarding pal pulls after i got all the rippers.

Fair enough.

Rolled 10 eggs and got a lil' black dragon. And two crimson dragons which makes 5 or so. I guess they'll be useful for the eventual skill ups.

I also finished Lunar Moondragon.

It's kinda funny to have 8k hp and then RCV for 5000. I did have two healers though.

Fair enough.

Rolled 10 eggs and got a lil' black dragon. And two crimson dragons which makes 5 or so. I guess they'll be useful for the eventual skill ups.

I also finished Lunar Moondragon.

It's kinda funny to have 8k hp and then RCV for 5000. I did have two healers though.

useless for skill ups. Their skill changes each evo and they don't carry over. You really don't need more than one....fuse the rest.

muu

Need a divine onyx mask. Ran Expert Mask 5 times today sofar, 3 mystics and one divine light mask. Guess I should keep rolling through dark technical dungeons...

Abandond

useless for skill ups. Their skill changes each evo and they don't carry over. You really don't need more than one....fuse the rest.

Ouch.

I need to wait until tomorrow to get some more dragon material and then I can evolve the Lil' Black Dragon to at least Devil Dragon and then I'll just need XP.

I might start fusing every monster I get since I'm at almost 2 million gold, might as well spend it..

raiot

What is this Path and Decision voodoo? Does it really map out your maximum combo for you?

Yes, you take a screenshot, switch to the app, click on last screenshot, select your colors you want priority and start. then you can even practice the combos in the app. It's tedious to do this all the time but extremly useful if you don't want to spend stones and absolutely have to nail this 8 or 9 combo!

@ lenni: NO, no second Echidna! I missread your post and thought you had none. I guess your fine, but plan on 10 stones. I think I used 7 and was a little pissed, but Zeus is worth it!

J0dy77

KR just announced their 5.2 celebration event, and since we tend to follow their event schedule closely, I thought you might want to know:
http://pad.neocyon.com/event/view.aspx?id=64
- Japan/Egypt godfest
- Super Ruby/Saph/Eme King
- Thief Goemon Comes!

get hype only to get disappoint when the US event ends up having none of these?

I'm all over the Egyptian god fest again. Would love an Isis.

The 5.2 interface is really a big improvement. They finally added a sort by monster type icon and the stretched view on an iPhone 5 gives you so much more room.

TimeKillr

Wow this is crazy. I updated the Android version, and when it starts up, it now boots up Chrome with a gung ho page that says Loading?

Wtf is this amateurish shit?

J0dy77

My Horus team just got a lot stronger and easier to replace members.

kJikOn4l.jpg
KrOn6x3l.jpg

The bad news, i didn't plan ahead and have no more rainbow keepers. Need an event real soon. Down to one dub and mystic mask as well.

Kosh

*Summer Solstice Spectacular*
[Duration]: 6/14 (Fri), midnight - 6/21 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Spring is quickly winding down, and it’s almost the first official day of summer. That means it’s time for another P&D event!

Daily Free Magic Stone
[Duration]: 6/14 (Fri), 4:00 AM (PDT) - 6/21 (Fri)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 4:00 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses
[Duration]: 6/14 – 6/21
5x +Egg rate in Technical Dungeons
(Note: Egg drop rate is NOT increased, only the chance that a dropped Egg will have a +)
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We may even have a special visit from the Super King Metal Dragons!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine - including the Keeper of Rainbow!!!

We’ll also be bringing back the Pengdra Village!!! This Dungeon will be on a surprise/rotating schedule like our Jewel Dragons. Once again, make sure to save your Gold and Metal Dragons to get ready for this!

*Events subject to change: see event policy here
http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Kosh

[US] 6/13/2013
Dungeon of Emerald Dragons ( 20 Stamina, 5 Battles )
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=261

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group
you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9).

This is listed in PDT time.

A 11:00 16:00 21:00
B 12:00 17:00 22:00
C 13:00 18:00 23:00
D 9:00 14:00 19:00
E 10:00 15:00 20:00

To convert PDT time into GMT, use this formula: GMT = PDT + 7
Disclaimer: Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Special Event Dungeon
Skydragon of Flame
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=72

Spring is quickly winding down, and it’s almost the first official day of summer. That means it’s time for another P&D event!

Daily Free Magic Stone

Awesome Daily Bonuses
(Note: Egg drop rate is NOT increased, only the chance that a dropped Egg will have a +)
2x Skill Up rate

We’ll also be bringing back the Pengdra Village!!! This Dungeon will be on a surprise/rotating schedule like our Jewel Dragons. Once again, make sure to save your Gold and Metal Dragons to get ready for this!

well...since they are 'awesome' daily bonuses....

Oh, and I have a + egg drop from the Thursday dungeon...anyone have that happen before??

J0dy77

Daily Free Magic Stone

Awesome Daily Bonuses
2x Skill Up rate

LOL 5x Tech dungeon + eggs. I've heard that one before. I am glad that this is starting so quickly after the release but driving me crazy that they keep starting the events on Fridays though and making us suffer through plant day without 2x.

TimeKillr

Well Pengdra Village on random rotation is awesome. I'll have to farm the shit out of that!

I'm sort of happy we didn't get the Goemon dungeon.. I'm not 100% ready for it but I will be, hopefully!

New APK
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8624

The version number is 5.2.1 which Japan skipped straight over. Which I guess also means little bug testing because apparently the game is crash prone on certain Android devices?

Also lol at them retranslating Technique type to Balanced type like it should have been in the first place. Type icon wouldn't have made sense otherwise.

Also this web page with NOW LOADING is serious amateur hour

ALSO, either GungHo is lazy and copy pasted or we're getting FFCD collab, because the BGM for that dungeon got added to Global (It also got added for Japan's 5.3 because it is conning back there)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Of course, I used my last dub on a busty of one of the sky dragons. My Great Valk is mad at me. At least I can farm the shit out of sprites tomorrow to get my Princess and Busty done. Then I can start getting ready for the upcoming event dungeons (whatever they may be).

Some of these UI retranslations are worse than the originals and seem like they were done just for the sake of doing

Gungho why

it's going to take a while to get used to the stretched UI, but I'm glad it finally uses up all of the screen.

REALLY glad we get another team slot. I could have 10 and probably still want more. Anyone know what sorting by EVO actually does? Seems like a random order to me.

Daily Free Magic Stone

Awesome Daily Bonuses
2x Skill Up rate

Does this mean no godfest at the egg machine?

^ GHUSA really likes to drag their heels about Godfest announcements. We'll probably know about it like a few minutes before it begins.

it's going to take a while to get used to the stretched UI, but I'm glad it finally uses up all of the screen.

REALLY glad we get another team slot. I could have 10 and probably still want more. Anyone know what sorting by EVO actually does? Seems like a random order to me.
It sorts by the number of monsters you've fused onto it in the past. Mistranslation, again, I guess?

Japan is getting its first conditional Descended dungeon, with a creative restriction: each monster in your party must be 10 cost or lower. Food for thought before we get that dungeon in nine years.

TimeKillr

So the special dungeon is Valk? That's it? They really should announce them better.

And it's obvious we're getting the same godfest as Koreans - there's a big picture of Isis on the banner on the official FB group.

The *one* monster I need from this godfest is gonna be Orochi, so I won't be pulling (I have all the egyptians and all the japanese except Orochi...)

What is a good Valk Team and is she a guaranteed drop?

How many stones can I look into spending on a Valk dungeon run?

I can post my box, but if I am missing many key components to a valk team, I probably will not even try

J0dy77

Looks like I need to go back and start leveling baddies. That healer baddie seems like a must have for a Valk team. 27x damage for one attack with Max Siren and Valk changing orbs... Mmmmmm.

Edit: Only problem is their stats stink.

Radav

I can post my box, but if I am missing many key components to a valk team, I probably will not even try

Mythical difficulty is 100% drop. Apparently there's a legendary difficulty that is probably like Goemon's where its about 40%. I'm planning on running it with Ra. I haven't looked into how to beat her with any other setups though. I suspect a Seraphim Lucifer setup will have a shot at winning with a low number of stones. The big problem is her ability to heal back to full.

Only two viable teams I can think of for Mythical are Horus and maybe Lucifer. Two gravity users and a delayer are essential.

You can potentially spend an infinite number of stones trying to kill Valk because she uses Resurrection at around 33% HP and also casts Skill Guard for 10 turns (which I think stops Gravity from working but I'm not positive about that). It's considered the hardest dungeon in the game for a reason.

Mythical difficulty is 100% drop. Apparently there's a legendary difficulty that is probably like Goemon's where its about 40%. I'm planning on running it with Ra. I haven't looked into how to beat her with any other setups though. I suspect a Seraphim Lucifer setup will have a shot at winning with a low number of stones. The big problem is her ability to heal back to full.

I have a double gravity, three orb changer, high HP Dark team (33k+ HP), no seraphim Lucifer (but I usually sub him in as friend leader)

I do not have access to PuzzleDragonX today, I will have to check it out before she descends.

EDIT: Chinese Wiki says a Blue Noel Team can do it...dual max skill siren, Blue gaurdian, and Ice Hera (I wish)... I wonder if I can sub in Neptune and Poison her to death...j/k - Poison will not work...

They also have a team I probably could run(rainbow keepers instead of orb changers, Siren instead of the second gravity). Maybe it will work, probably not though...

J0dy77

More comments on 5.2:

Absolutely love the UI changes. Having the full screen use of the iPhone 5, the darker backgrounds for the monster pictures, the type icons, the sort function... all very welcomed improvements. I even like that they left the signal strength/clock bar at the top of the screen.

I also have 10 Busty Valks popping up on my friend list with the change. lol

Limit

I'm have had 5 runs through Castle of Satan Technical dungeon and have yet to encounter any Divine Oynx Mask, which is what I am attempting to get. I have done a rotation through all the floors but is there any specific floor where the chance of getting a divine mask drop is the highest? Is it more difficult the floor the higher the chance is?

well...since they are 'awesome' daily bonuses....

Oh, and I have a + egg drop from the Thursday dungeon...anyone have that happen before??
Yeah every once in awhile a carbuncle comes with a plus. It's happened to me once or twice. Just make sure you don't accidentally sell the +egg when you're getting rid of the other junk drops. Feels bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom