• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abandond

I'm at 110/50.

Need to upgrade this box. Thinking of just dropping $10 just for box space but I'll wait to see if there's a godfest and if there is I'll spend some more to roll a few times.

J0dy77

i dont' know what that is...but I want it

I think I post here too much.

Yeah, I post too much. But damn I love this thread! :)

For the record, everything in PAD FB group says its a Norse/Egyptian event.

So who wants to break down the Norse gods for me now? lol

I have Thor, but only want Ammy out of Japan and she's not that high on my list. Would probably throw a couple stones at a Egypt/norse fest. With the current blue event going on this is probably everyone's best chance at ever getting an Isis.

J0dy77

I'm at 110/50.

Need to upgrade this box. Thinking of just dropping $10 just for box space but I'll wait to see if there's a godfest and if there is I'll spend some more to roll a few times.

Or just wait until you get your 25/50 day login bonus and turn it right around for box space. Bumping it up 25 at a time is better than a disapointing gacha roll.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I post too much. But damn I love this thread! :)

So who wants to break down the Norse gods for me now? lol

I have Thor, but only want Ammy out of Japan and she's not that high on my list. Would probably throw a couple stones at a Egypt/norse fest. With the current blue event going on this is probably everyone's best chance at ever getting an Isis.

Go to:

Bit.ly/12L0oqZ

Scroll down to the Norse gods. :)

yup can't run valk. Missing the key leader monsters.

Anyone else really bothered by the fact that you can't find the metal dragon schedule ingame at all and have to resort to websites? Can you guys bother with a push notification or something in the 'news' that just lists some times.....

very frustrating.

Anyone else really bothered by the fact that you can't find the metal dragon schedule ingame at all and have to resort to websites? Can you guys bother with a push notification or something in the 'news' that just lists some times.....

very frustrating.

I would love it if they did this. I can't think of any reason why they have not implemented it. It's on a very specific schedule. How hard would it be to just tell us when it's happening.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Agreed. It's actually quite frustrating to have to check Facebook or GAF for the times. It's more of an issue when I'm not near a computer all day and don't want to surf my phone for the answers.

T-Matt

very frustrating.

It's so silly that the information is not in the game.

Asturie

I'm only rank 14 right now so my inventory space is pretty small and I am accumulating a lot of evo materials that I don't need at least right now. Would it be better to use the evo material as power up materials or just sell them? Also I know that my current setup is pretty much all trash monsters but I feel like I'm not advancing fast enough through the basic dungeons. Is there a better team setup that I could be using?

LdZ9OTA.png
IxhVYP8.png

Ashodin

fuck. I did metals and I guess there's no 2x King event. I thought there was, but apparently not. Looking at the News in the game there's no 2x Kings below the Metals for the day. Fuu!

lordcyno

At 300/75. Usually tight on space during the event weeks since I'm not collecting pengdras and have a bunch of dragons and plants. Wasting a bunch of space on monsters I don't use like the skydragons and legendary dragons but gotta collect them all.

Also been having good luck on kings today. 8 kings in 5 runs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
fuck. I did metals and I guess there's no 2x King event. I thought there was, but apparently not. Looking at the News in the game there's no 2x Kings below the Metals for the day. Fuu!

On the contrary, I saw 3 kings in one run, 2 in another, and then the rest of my runs were about 66% of the time. Caught 4 kings and 3 highs. So either you have shit luck or I had amazing luck!

I'm only rank 14 right now so my inventory space is pretty small and I am accumulating a lot of evo materials that I don't need at least right now. Would it be better to use the evo material as power up materials or just sell them? Also I know that my current setup is pretty much all trash monsters but I feel like I'm not advancing fast enough through the basic dungeons. Is there a better team setup that I could be using?
You should probably restart your account when (if?) the Godfest occurs for the current event. Baal is a weak starter and your other REM pulls are kinda terrible. You can get much better shit when the Godfest occurs.

Until then you can try to progress as far as you can with your current account. I'd say put Plessie in the main slot and build a mono-blue team.

mercviper

At 300/75. Usually tight on space during the event weeks since I'm not collecting pengdras and have a bunch of dragons and plants. Wasting a bunch of space on monsters I don't use like the skydragons and legendary dragons but gotta collect them all.

Also been having good luck on kings today. 8 kings in 5 runs.

On the contrary, I saw 3 kings in one run, 2 in another, and then the rest of my runs were about 66% of the time. Caught 4 kings and 3 highs. So either you have shit luck or I had amazing luck!

4 runs today so far and 4 kings. Maybe they're making up for what seemed like a non-2x king event last time. I ran various metal dragons like 24 times last event and only saw 4 kings, forget about getting one.

Update: Seen 6 kings, 5 drops in 6 runs.

Update 2: 12 total runs, 9 Kings.

Asturie

You should probably restart your account when (if?) the Godfest occurs for the current event. Baal is a weak starter and your other REM pulls are kinda terrible. You can get much better shit when the Godfest occurs.

Until then you can try to progress as far as you can with your current account. I'd say put Plessie in the main slot and build a mono-blue team.

When should the next godfest occur?

Asturie

Facebook time travelers are claiming June 16 at 12:00 PM Pacific. An official announcement will happen at a completely random time.

And just to make sure I understand what Godfest is, the REM just has a higher chance of giving gods as a drop? Just keep starting over till I get one of the gods recommended in the first post during that time?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
And just to make sure I understand what Godfest is, the REM just has a higher chance of giving gods as a drop? Just keep starting over till I get one of the gods recommended in the first post during that time?

Basically, yes. A certain group of Gods will drop, on average, more than another group. But every God can still be pulled.

muu

Is there a way to transfer accounts from iOS to Android? I've been sparsely playing on a sub account on my ipad (not much since I found out that's too much P&D for me to handle), and the last random pull netted me a Hermes. i got a friend that started recently but has fairly shit drops, would be nice to get him this account since I don't use it much anyway. Certainly easier than telling him to reroll till he gets a god.

Kyu

Neo Member
0 stoned valk legendary with 2x Luci, 2x Hera, rk and siren. Think she only heals once in legendary. All mid level except friend Luci which was max. Didn't get the drop so need to run it again.

I'm thinking and hoping they might postpone the godfest until they fix the nexus 4 bug.

The problem with Zaerog is that he's a BITCH to obtain. I'm probably going to grab 3 Super Metals next time they show up so I can be ready. But what a cool monster! :p

Unrelated, how big are everyone's boxes and friends list? I'm at 300/50. I actually feel pretty good at 300...I COULD push 400 if I wanted, but I haven't found much need to yet.
True, but I know at least 6-7 of my friends have one, and a few even use it frequently for everyday dungeons. But I guess most of them aren't comfortable using it for the hard special dungeons. I can understand. Using only Dragons is very limiting, and the -500RCV(for dual Zaerog leaders) makes it hard to charge their 35-turn gravity skills. Zeus teams have lower ATK multipliers, but much better overall stats and flexible rosters. Lucifer is just low risk for the most part, and can make for a guaranteed Legendary Valkyrie kill before she can even attack. Zaerog really needs +stats for survivability, which not many people have. While everyone seems to have a high +stat Zeus.

As for boxes and friend list, I'm maxed out at 500/150.

0 stoned valk legendary with 2x Luci, 2x Hera, rk and siren. Think she only heals once in legendary. All mid level except friend Luci which was max. Didn't get the drop so need to run it again.

I'm thinking and hoping they might postpone the godfest until they fix the nexus 4 bug.
Talked with UPC about it yesterday and he didn't see anything that limited her to one heal, although there might be something else going on. He also confirmed five heals in Mythical.

Also I think they might have bumped us up to 600 boxes in 5.2.

Kyu

Neo Member
Talked with UPC about it yesterday and he didn't see anything that limited her to one heal, although there might be something else going on. He also confirmed five heals in Mythical.

Also I think they might have bumped us up to 600 boxes in 5.2.

All right, then I might have gotten lucky. Good to know for my second run.

J0dy77

Go to:

Bit.ly/12L0oqZ

Scroll down to the Norse gods. :)

Thanks Nicoga. I never saw that site and needed that breakdown. Outside of having Thor I could use a lot of the gods. This is probably the best combination of god rolls you can have if you're just starting out.

Yes. And to my last comment above. Norse and Egypt is the best combination of gods to pull from. Horus and Isis are top tier gods with most of the gods fitting somewhere into solid starter pulls.

Colby

Can someone post the Horus template for Valk? I've tried making one, but it's not quite good enough:

Horus/Echidna/Busty Cthulu/Hera/Hera/Zeus

That's 12x damage, three Gravity's, and delay, but there's no survivability, and there's no water monster, so that makes making a four combo that much harder. I guess I could use Marine Rider, but that sounds terrible. It's very, very hard trying to do this without a Zeus or Luci of my own...but I'm going to figure this out. If you guys can help, that is. I can't sit on these yellow Porings much longer!

Well it's 16x instead of 12x for double Horus first of all. Friend Isis gives you access to all five colors but 12x damage instead. You might have a chance to burn Valk down in three turns after putting her to 32% HP after triple Gravity but I don't know for sure.

Got any green/blue monsters? Busty Ogre is the easiest solution if you want to maintain 5 color coverage without losing 16x or a Gravity user.

Edit: oh wait your'e friending a Zeus never mind.

Colby

Well it's 16x instead of 12x for double Horus first of all. Friend Isis gives you access to all five colors but 12x damage instead. You might have a chance to burn Valk down in three turns after putting her to 32% HP after triple Gravity but I don't know for sure.

Got any green/blue monsters? Busty Ogre is the easiest solution if you want to maintain 5 color coverage without losing 16x or a Gravity user.

Edit: oh wait your'e friending a Zeus never mind.

Yeah, the only way for me to get the third Gravity is to use a friend Zeus. That leaves me with a Horus/Zeus 12x damage mix. I do have a Marine Rider, but the damage output there is incredibly weak. It would come down to doing about 1.2 million damage in four turns, which I'm doubtful of.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks Nicoga. I never saw that site and needed that breakdown. Outside of having Thor I could use a lot of the gods. This is probably the best combination of god rolls you can have if you're just starting out.

Yes. And to my last comment above. Norse and Egypt is the best combination of gods to pull from. Horus and Isis are top tier gods with most of the gods fitting somewhere into solid starter pulls.

No problem - Norse Gods are not the top tier set, but they are still excellent. Green Odin was seriously an AMAZING addition to my team at the start. Him + Ama friends made my life ez mode.

Egyptian gods, on the other hand, are simply a MUST HAVE for anyone looking to take their game to the next level. They are definitely advanced gods that are mixed for newbies, for just fantastic otherwise. Really really really excited to roll during the fest!

Asturie

I'll probably end up re-rolling once Godfest occurs but what makes Baal so much worse compared to the Norse and Egypt gods especially at lower level? They seem to be the same cost as Baal which wouldn't it put me in the same situation as essentially deciding between using the god + friend or using a team of low level trash mobs for a while?

Radav

Zero for 3 on Valkyrie so far. I just had a run where I got her down to like 5% HP after 3 Ra combos and she had 1 turn left and I didn't have enough green orbs to make the combo so I made a 4 element and didn't get lucky. The other 2 losses I had some badluck on the golem when I got Ra's combo when I didnt want it and was nowhere near ready to move on to the next stage and he blew me up. One more try but I'm waiting to see if my max level Ra friends refresh.

Limit

Playing with Lucifer as main is starting to get tiring. Now I'm coming across monsters who have too high of an hp to be taken down by him in a single shot. This is in addition to coming across waves that are constantly pushing me to using Lucifer's skill to take them out instead of the final boss. This results in me playing defensively for 30+ turns at the boss wave, if I reach it, in order to refill Lucifer's skill and do some damage. I am starting to yearn for having a good damage multiplier monster in my team. D'spinas final evolution's 2X damage multiplier just doesn't cut it.

Musan

Playing with Lucifer as main is starting to get tiring. Now I'm coming across monsters who have too high of an hp to be taken down by him in a single shot. This is in addition to coming across waves that are constantly pushing me to using Lucifer's skill to take them out instead of the final boss. This results in me playing defensively for 30+ turns at the boss wave, if I reach it, in order to refill Lucifer's skill and do some damage. I am starting to yearn for having a good damage multiplier monster in my team. D'spinas final evolution's 2X damage multiplier just doesn't cut it.

Yep, I only pull out lucifer for the special dungeons, I'd much rather farm with my Zeus or loki team.

I'm sure it's already been said but I fucking love that you can click "add many" when feeding monsters! So much easier!

Well not that it matters now but you could always do this. In the old version it just said "add" though.

Yeah while Lucifer is possibly the best leader in the game he really is best saved for the ridiculously hard dungeons. You'll definitely want to pick up a Norse/Indian/Greek/Egyptian god for everyday dungeons. Hell, even a fully evolved starter dragon would be good. Those 2/4/2 teams in particular are excellent for most normal dungeons.

muu

Holy crap, they weren't kidding about the 5x +egg drops. First time I've had two + eggs drop in a single run.

How's Siren drop rate on the Blizzard dragon dungeon? Finally got Nifelheim to drop, no sight of siren yet and I don't know if I want to stress myself out over doing that dungeon again.

Does anyone have a suggestion on which stage to run for +eggs this weekend? Should I stick with Ocean of Heaven or is one of the tech dungeons the best option?

Does anyone have a suggestion on which stage to run for +eggs this weekend? Should I stick with Ocean of Heaven or is one of the tech dungeons the best option?

i'd run Ocean of Heaven on the weekend because of the chance for other mats to drop. Monday, I'd run the shit out of Techs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom