• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

Well there's something going on with the +egg event. I've run Ocean of Heaven about 10 times today and I got 8 + eggs. Maybe they messed up the increase and applied it to the normal levels with th 1.5x drop increase?

Well there's something going on with the +egg event. I've run Ocean of Heaven about 10 times today and I got 8 + eggs. Maybe they messed up the increase and applied it to the normal levels with th 1.5x drop increase?

Ocean of Heaven is generally pretty good...I've been getting QUITE a few to drop today especially. Plus 2 masks as well. MUCH better than yesterday.

Will be running the hell out of techs tomorrow though. Increased drop rate + 5x + eggs? yes please.

Limit

Think I've spent $1 to get enough stones for a roll last god fest. Otherwise haven't spent money on the game in months. I have a ton to level up and strong teams to finish the game off.

When they start bringing new content ill give them some more money in support. Ill never spend money directly for rolls again, only heartbreak to be found.

100% with you. I succumbed to the Zeitgeist of trying to acquire Horus and ended up spending about 45 bucks today. Later felt like crap for not getting the pokemon I wanted. At least I got all new monsters from my pulls + a couple of Gods with multiplier skills who all will take a ton of time leveling up. Will only do pulls from Stones given freely from now on.

Jagernaut

I ran the gold dragon dungeon 9 times and got 10 kings, 5 highs and a bunch of little dragons. I used the kings to level up Apollo and Verche. I'll save the little dragons to make light pengdras after the Pengdra Village shows up.

Jagernaut

He's considered as one of the top monsters in the game if not the top overall. It takes getting used to but learning early is the best time do so. Do not reroll, anything else is a step down from that point. You can build up other teams while learning him.

I've been playing Horus for months now and have zero problems matching four when needed (the inconsistent comments just need more practice) Getting orb changers in your lineup will help this a lot. Also, as the game progresses you see less hearts which is a good for matching 4 colors and makes using horus easier.

Have you completed any of the difficult dungeons (2 Heroes, Hera, Zeus, Valkyrie) with a Horus team?

J0dy77

Have you completed any of the difficult dungeons (2 Heroes, Hera, Zeus, Valkyrie) with a Horus team?

Two Heroes and Hera i cleared a while back prior to getting Horus. I used a resist team for heroes and Valk team for Hera. Never ran Valk due to difficulty and not needing her (got her from gacha). Never had the need to try with Horus. Might have to for the challenge next time around.

Zeus I cleared to him with zero stones but forgot to stall for about 5 extra rounds with my Horus team. Gravity wasn't ready so I wiped and have been waiting for him to come around again. I've added about 40 levels and 60 + eggs to Horus since and the team around him will be much stronger as well. I've always made it a goal to finish Zeus in 2 or 3 stones max. I've always felt likes it is one of the completion points of the game. Want to earn it as much as possible.

Tubegameplayer has a bunch of videos of Horus wiping content. Definitely can be done. The more I play with him as lead the more Ive learned. Definitely my favorite mob in game. The matching 4 aspect brings out a completely new and fun way to play the game.

Jagernaut

I watched some of that video. I have a Horus, Echidna, and Parvati but none of them are even close to max level. Without a hp multiplier, you would need to max your team and add + eggs to have enough hp to tank some of those hits. He came very close to death at times.

J0dy77

I watched some of that video. I have a Horus, Echidna, and Parvati but none of them are even close to max level. Without a hp multiplier, you would need to max your team and add + eggs to have enough hp to tank some of those hits. He came very close to death at times.

Yeah his team is insanely leveled. The other big must for a horus team is Viper. Having that extra delay along with echidna is really important for the tougher dungeons.

You can still use specialized teams if tough dungeons come around. I just love Horus for his ability to clear normal content as well. Pairing him with orb changers and Isis is a breeze all the way up to Starlight Sanctuary and all the non rule based tech dungeons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Yes. Horus is designed for high level play. You could, in theory, pair your Horus with a Ra to get x20. While it's not x36 like Ra, it's going to provide you with some additional damage that Horus/Horus won't provide.

So yes, tubegameplayer is the unreachable of unreachables in terms of team composition/levels/+eggs, but his skill is what REALLY sets him apart.

Musan

Don't start with an Indra, you can definitely do a lot better than that with the godfest going on right now.

Only good pulls I got today were Idunn & Idunna and Thor, but at least I was able to finish up Starlight Sanctuary and Endless Corridors today. I'm not going to try for the celestial black dragon soon, but I did see a Seraphim build that pretty much buys it for 11 stones.

J0dy77

Yes. Horus is designed for high level play. You could, in theory, pair your Horus with a Ra to get x20. While it's not x36 like Ra, it's going to provide you with some additional damage that Horus/Horus won't provide.

So yes, tubegameplayer is the unreachable of unreachables in terms of team composition/levels/+eggs, but his skill is what REALLY sets him apart.

Yeah, his matching ability really is amazing. Watched all of those videos trying to pick up some pointers. As long as the board doesn't go bad on me I can always match 4 but he's on another level altogether.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, his matching ability really is amazing. Watched all of those videos trying to pick up some pointers. As long as the board doesn't go bad on me I can always match 4 but he's on another level altogether.

I think I'm going to start running Endless to practice my matching skills, haha.

I know we've rehashed this sooo many times, but what are considered 'end game' teams? Might help some of the newer guys decide mobs to keep and those to restart with.

(Also help me decide what to dump XP to :D)

shinjijai

i got some terrible rolls... naga, mystical dragon knight, vampire, sea serpant, and udine.

did another pull because i thought my luck couldn't be that bad... got an ivory dragon .. wtf

Abandond

So wait, can someone link the special dungeon coming up? I'm kinda confused as to which it is right now.

Also, isis is great, only reason I'm using her over Horus is because he's only level 6 and I have 0 monsters for XP atm. Trying to just rank up from Dragon Tower anyway so Isis is suffice.

did another pull because i thought my luck couldn't be that bad... got an ivory dragon .. wtf

He looks pretty good? Congrats? I don't know D:.

Today :

2 MFK (no skill up)
2 Shdran (1 skill)
1 DDK (nope)
1 mermaid (1 skill)

trollol. Past two godfests have really helped me decided to not spend anymore cash.

Yep, for real. It'd be nice if you had another option for rolling... 10 stones guarantees a 5star + or something like that, but the way things are currently I bet there are quite a few people with severe buyers remorse afterwards.

I don't see any talk about Indra on the last two pages.

Seems useful when I have a real team, but not amazing as a starting leader?

He's a lot better now that he gained a new busty evolution that enables a 4/2/2 Dragon team, but the team is largely unproven right now so his usefulness as a starter is questionable.

The dungeon opening up in a few hours is this:
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Fr._War_Dragon

Features the following:
- first conditional special dungeon! your team must consist of monsters representing all five attributes as their primary element
- pre-emptive strikes: certain monsters will attack as soon as they spawn, making Zeus more difficult to use here
- mythical japanese beasts, which are uncommon drops that give 20000 EXP to their respective element. Shingen's dungeon drops one for light attribute monsters

As you can guess the dungeon is tailor-made for Egyptian teams. Since Gungho realized not everybody happens to have Ra/Horus/Isis, the dungeon is much easier than the ones that have come before it.

Jagernaut

A rainbow ADK team should work on that dungeon (at least the lower difficulties).

ADK
Fire ripper
Water ripper
Dark ripper
Light ripper
ADK

Abandond

He's a lot better now that he gained a new busty evolution that enables a 4/2/2 Dragon team, but the team is largely unproven right now so his usefulness as a starter is questionable.

The dungeon opening up in a few hours is this:
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Fr._War_Dragon

Features the following:
- first conditional special dungeon! your team must consist of monsters representing all five attributes as their primary element
- pre-emptive strikes: certain monsters will attack as soon as they spawn, making Zeus more difficult to use here
- mythical japanese beasts, which are uncommon drops that give 20000 EXP to their respective element. Shingen's dungeon drops one for light attribute monsters

As you can guess the dungeon is tailor-made for Egyptian teams. Since Gungho realized not everybody happens to have Ra/Horus/Isis, the dungeon is much easier than the ones that have come before it.

Why is it recommended to stock up on the xp material? (Manekimewdra)

edeet: and I meant the gold dragon dungeon, but I got it now that it came up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I didn't realize how tough it was to play Horus effectively. What a treat! It's SO frustrating when you miss a 4x, but when you get it...<3

Colby

Man, I didn't realize how tough it was to play Horus effectively. What a treat! It's SO frustrating when you miss a 4x, but when you get it...<3

I didn't either. And with low HP, one stupid or miscalculated move usually kills you.

Is Orochi part of this Godfest? I might pull if so...

I didn't either. And with low HP, one stupid or miscalculated move usually kills you.

Is Orochi part of this Godfest? I might pull if so...

Probably a good time to answer that "endgame" Horus team question from before...

As you already guessed Horus and its other Egyptian bretheren are the ultimate glass cannon monsters; no HP multiplier and leader skills that make RCV orbs a liability rather than a benefit. As such Horus teams need monsters that help mitigate damage.

The most popular choice is Susanoo; 50% damage for 5 turns is huge. The farmable, less good equivalent is Wood Mech Warrior Asguard for the same skill but for only 3 turns. On the plus side, Asguard's skill is actually farmable on the US side since we never got (nor will we probably ever) the Gunma collab.

A delayer is also essential, so either Echidna or Orochi (or on some teams, both!). Since Echidna shares the same element as Horus, one of the other three slots needs a dual-element monster to make up the attribute deficiency.

The other two slots are up to you. Popular choices are max SL Valk/Vamp Lord for their heartbreaker skill, or Hades/Ice Hera/Zeus for Descended killing.

Limit

After playing with Ra in endless corridors for a bit I feel that Horus is the best multiplier in the game. Chaining five elements together is a bit too much. You either have to preemptively set up the board for a 5 element chain or rely on luck. Wish that hearts counted as part of elemental chain. Still, Ra - Horus combination is amazing. For the first time I was able to reach level 45 of endless corridors. This game is fun again now that I am not turtling till Luicfer's skill is activated and then turtling some more if the enemy doesn't die in one hit.

By the way, anyone maining Horus here who wants a Ra or Lucifer as a friend, feel free to add me. ID: 390.751.202

Abandond

After playing with Ra in endless corridors for a bit I feel that Horus is the best multiplier in the game. Chaining five elements together is a bit too much. You either have to preemptively set up the board for a 5 element chain or rely on luck. Wish that hearts counted as part of elemental chain. Still, Ra - Horus combination is amazing. For the first time I was able to reach level 45 of endless corridors. This game is fun again now that I am not turtling till Luicfer's skill is activated and then turtling some more if the enemy doesn't die in one hit.

By the way, anyone maining Horus here who wants a Ra or Lucifer as a friend, feel free to add me. ID: 390.751.202

I added you (Phil @GAF), I might have Isis as a main for a day or two while I get the Horus leveled up.

Still looking for someone to exchange presents with.

Aeana

I'm starting to learn how to do multi-color combos. I've managed to get Horus's bonus a couple of times. Training myself to see the board that way will take some time, but it certainly adds a layer of depth to the game that I didn't think existed. Got an Isis friend, too, so that gives me an easier goal to shoot for as I practice for now. Pretty fun game so far.

I'm starting to learn how to do multi-color combos. I've managed to get Horus's bonus a couple of times. Training myself to see the board that way will take some time, but it certainly adds a layer of depth to the game that I didn't think existed. Got an Isis friend, too, so that gives me an easier goal to shoot for as I practice for now. Pretty fun game so far.

If you want to get some more practice in, run Endless Corridors since it costs no stamina to enter.

---

This Ancient Dragon Slime dungeon in JP is pretty interesting because the condition (<=10 cost monsters only) makes you completly re-evaluate your monster box in terms of usefulness. My friends list is currently a mess as they try to feel out what works and what doesn't. Seems like the two primary candidates are the Evangelion collab monsters (who are 10 cost when unevolved but provide the full 2xHP/2xATK buff already) and the sylphs paired with a not-fully-evolved starter for a 2/2.5/1 team.

Just finished new dungeon on Master. No sweat.
zxOdzHpl.jpg

no_frills

Banned
I've been rerolling for a few hours now and all I've got to show for it is green star egg after another, with some cocktease gold eggs with shitty mons thrown in the mix just to annoy me further.

J0dy77

The dungeon starting tomorrow?

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=118

You need to have monsters of all 5 elements on your team to enter the dungeon.

Horus team anyone? lol

Just keep at it, you get so used to it that I usually have the path to 4 combos worked out before the next wave loads.

I'm spamming the Horus posts to show my love for him. I just love the added difficulty and benefit the color matchers bring to the game. And keep in mind you don't have to have pulled Horus to use him. Bastet, Isis and Zeus are all great partners. I would even say that a pretty well leveled ancient dragon could clear most of normal with him as a friend.

A few tips for Horus/Ra/Isis matching:

- Always try to start from the outside of the board to avoid stepping on previous matches.
- if you're lacking a color or have the minimum of one element grab that color to move it across the board. Bringing 2 instead of 3 scattered orbs is a lot easier
- Don't stop at a minimum of four combos and always try to leave yourself setup for the next round. Drop your orb near orbs of a similar color. As your start to get the hang of it you'll line up two orbs where the board has a chance of adding another combo on top. It looks like luck when tubegameplayer is doing it but where he leaves the orbs at the end is a big part of how he does so well.

oh man, Ra is a pain in the ass to use. that multiplier is awesome when it kicks in...but wow, takes some time when you can't get all 5. Find it best to pair with an Isis or Horus just in case.

Also. Great timing on the metal dungeon today....5AM, 7PM, 12AM? what in the hell is that?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got my drop on Master! I don't know if I can do enough damage with my Horus team on Legend yet. I might have to swap Duke for Hera an spend a few rounds charging her up.

Radav

oh man, Ra is a pain in the ass to use. that multiplier is awesome when it kicks in...but wow, takes some time when you can't get all 5. Find it best to pair with an Isis or Horus just in case.

Also. Great timing on the metal dungeon today....5AM, 7PM, 12AM? what in the hell is that?

I happen to have both a Ra and a Horus. I've found that it's definitely easier to make Horus's combo then it is to make Ra's BUT, it's not nearly as bad as most people make it sound. I got Ra first and spent tons of time practicing to the point where I got really good at doing it. Then when I picked up Horus I was making his combo without barely thinking about it. It might seem hard at first but, give it some time and you'll be making those 4 and 5 element combos very easily.

Those tips by Jody are words to live by for using Ra or Horus btw. If any of you plan on sticking with either of them keep them in mind they're a huge help. Especially the one about trying to clear more then you can.

I happen to have both a Ra and a Horus. I've found that it's definitely easier to make Horus's combo then it is to make Ra's BUT, it's not nearly as bad as most people make it sound. I got Ra first and spent tons of time practicing to the point where I got really good at doing it. Then when I picked up Horus I was making his combo without barely thinking about it. It might seem hard at first but, give it some time and you'll be making those 4 and 5 element combos very easily.

Those tips by Jody are words to live by for using Ra or Horus btw. If any of you plan on sticking with either of them keep them in mind they're a huge help. Especially the one about trying to clear more then you can.

you have a Ra? Couldn't tell :D

Whats the typical team to run with? I went pretty defensive with mine and tried to keep HP and RCV high.

Ra (light) : lvl 55
Parv (green) : lvl 81
Shiva (red) : lvl 80
Siren (blue) : lvl 75
Hades (D/D) : lvl 99
Horus/Isis

Usually gets me around 14-15k HP

edit : 2 runs in Tech, 2 + eggs. I believe

Radav

you have a Ra? Couldn't tell :D

Whats the typical team to run with? I went pretty defensive with mine and tried to keep HP and RCV high.

Ra (light) : lvl 55
Parv (green) : lvl 81
Shiva (red) : lvl 80
Siren (blue) : lvl 75
Hades (D/D) : lvl 99
Horus/Isis

Usually gets me around 14-15k HP

edit : 2 runs in Tech, 2 + eggs. I believe

When I'm running Ra in a non end game setting I like to bring at least one heart orb changer and only 1 delay. So in those cases I use:

Susano/Parvati/Chu
Siegfried
Duke Vampire
Echidna the Red Empress

With the ability to pop your hearts into a couple different colors you can make his combo quite frequently.
For end game dungeons with Ra I've always used.

Susano
Demon Viper Orochi
Echidna
Hera

This is what I used against Valkyrie last friday. I really really really hope we get the Eco collab that lets you skillup Parvati's skill. I'll use as many stones as it takes to get her skill on a 5 turn CD. That would have made a rather large difference in my ability to stall effectively. Having Susano is nice but having the ability to create heart orbs in a pinch would be alot more useful imo. That and hoping the RNG didn't screw me by giving me Ra's combo after clearing only a 2 x 3 match on the Golem twice in a row when I need to stall for like 15 turns. lol

Credo

Hell Deity Jackal Anubis. Game is taunting me
I have a Bastet on my phone and HDJA on a tablet. I am so sick of the tutorial

I feel that pain. I restarted for about a day and a half before I got something worth keeping.

Just now, I spent my last 5 stones on the rare egg machine. A yellow egg popped out, and my eyes got really big because I had been getting terrible rolls.........and then it turned out to be Archangel =\

Also, another tip for the Egyotian Trio: try to match heart orbs along with your color combo. If you don't then more will randomly spawn in and eventually they'll start choking out color orbs, until they replace enough that you can't match your colors anymore.

When I'm running Ra in a non end game setting I like to bring at least one heart orb changer and only 1 delay. So in those cases I use:

Susano/Parvati/Chu
Siegfried
Duke Vampire
Echidna the Red Empress

With the ability to pop your hearts into a couple different colors you can make his combo quite frequently.
For end game dungeons with Ra I've always used.

Susano
Demon Viper Orochi
Echidna
Hera

This is what I used against Valkyrie last friday. I really really really hope we get the Eco collab that lets you skillup Parvati's skill. I'll use as many stones as it takes to get her skill on a 5 turn CD. That would have made a rather large difference in my ability to stall effectively. Having Susano is nice but having the ability to create heart orbs in a pinch would be alot more useful imo. That and hoping the RNG didn't screw me by giving me Ra's combo after clearing only a 2 x 3 match on the Golem twice in a row when I need to stall for like 15 turns. lol

hm. Missing a few of those, but I should be able to make do. Stalling would be great, Will sub out echilada for Shiva (going to miss that 3k HP though). Guess i'll just need more practice! not used to using these guys

mercviper

Did legend with Amaterasu + MVD, can get a little scary on that first wave if you don't have the damage to kill the 2 light demons in a couple of turns, or if they lock out MVD. Boss is pretty easy though if you have enough health to tank his charged hit, I basically needed to make sure I matched 3 hearts once every 4 turns to stay alive.

Managed to get in one last run of dragon slime before it closed. You know those shitty unevolved sylphs that keep clogging up your box from REM? They finally have a use!

For Master I ran Thanatos/Dubmyth/Dubmyth/MDK/Vamp Lord/Vamp Lord. Team was too under leveled for Legendary.

You guys might want to start looking at your boxes right now and seeing what you have that's 10 cost or lower.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did legend with Amaterasu + MVD, can get a little scary on that first wave if you don't have the damage to kill the 2 light demons in a couple of turns, or if they lock out MVD. Boss is pretty easy though if you have enough health to tank his charged hit, I basically needed to make sure I matched 3 hearts once every 4 turns to stay alive.

My Horus team was simply not strong enough on Legend, even with 7-8 combos. I had to use Path and Decision twice on him, but even then, no luck. I'm going to try it again with the same setup you mention.

I really need me a Orochi. I'm sad that I didn't pull one during this Godfest. I'll likely wait until we see a 3x hit chance with him in there. He's a pretty big deal in endgame teams it seems like.

My Horus team was simply not strong enough on Legend, even with 7-8 combos. I had to use Path and Decision twice on him, but even then, no luck. I'm going to try it again with the same setup you mention.

I really need me a Orochi. I'm sad that I didn't pull one during this Godfest. I'll likely wait until we see a 3x hit chance with him in there. He's a pretty big deal in endgame teams it seems like.

anyone know of an android equivalent for PND? Havn't found anything yet.

So these lil'ninjas bastards are the new devils huh? Time to skill up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom