• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Very odd to me that they include dungeons with monsters we can't get yet. Master dragon dungeon was pretty easy...Will be trying legendary next with Ra/Horus.

Master was very easy with Horus/Isis team and double horus. Not sure I could do legendary with a Horus team right now. I would need a lot more levels into the supporting cast. Final boss has over 2 million HP.

Anyone beat Legendary yet? What type of team did you use?

raiot

I beat legendary with 0 stones.

My Lineup

Max Level +128 Zeus
Level 74 DD Hades
Level 45 Susanoomikoto
Level 60 Demon Viper Orochi
Level 80 Echndia Max Skill
Max Level Horus Helper.

But beware, on the 2 Bosses i used Path and decision quite a bit to do a 0 Stone clear....

J0dy77

I was trying to think if a Odin/Healer team would work here?

If I went double Horus I would probably do:

Horus, Valk, Chu, Vamp, Viper, Horus. But I don't see myself being able to stall for 25 rounds to get delay... might be better off going for broke with Siegfried instead of Viper.

I beat legendary with 0 stones.

My Lineup

Max Level +128 Zeus

and we're done here :D.

that PnD stuff is pretty incredible. The amount of drops it looks ahead is just amazing. I'm getting better with Ra, but some of this stuff I don't know how you can see it.

stealth edit : i've been dumping my + eggs into Parv as she seems pretty end game and I use her ALL the time. solid decision, right?

mercviper

I was trying to think if a Odin/Healer team would work here?

If I went double Horus I would probably do:

Horus, Valk, Chu, Vamp, Viper, Horus. But I don't see myself being able to stall for 25 rounds to get delay... might be better off going for broke with Siegfried instead of Viper.

You can fill with whatever as long as you reach >14010 hp.

I ran with hera, wood mech, bowmore, and rainbow keeper subs.

Would've done 2x hera but I was short on HP since they're under leveled. Having the wood mech/keeper ability is a nice backup in case hearts dont fall or if your MVD gets bound, but there's plenty of leeway.

Another thing to note, unless your Amaterasu is max lvl with +99 eggs, Mitsuki will end up dealing more damage than you can heal with ama alone when she falls below 30%.

edit: Oh, and the lightning dudes in round 6 will attack as soon as you enter, so make sure you're healthy before going into there. It's 4434 damage in the face as you enter round 6.

Odin/Healer works. Some manual healing required though.

level 49 of Endless Corridors. Didn't have Enchilada charged up and was crushed by Hera. Not to bad for an under leveled team.

had to cheat with Puzz Combo a few times near the end.

J0dy77

Amazing how far we've all progressed in this thread. I was out of Rainbow keepers this morning and as a force of habit did my first run with Ammy/Viper team. Realized I should be using Horus and have been two shotting him on my follow-up runs. Oh how the mighty have fallen, remember spending at least a 1/2 hour on him the first few times.

StMeph

Amazing how far we've all progressed in this thread. I was out of Rainbow keepers this morning and as a force of habit did my first run with Ammy/Viper team. Realized I should be using Horus and have been two shotting him on my follow-up runs. Oh how the mighty have fallen, remember spending at least a 1/2 hour on him the first few times.

And looking at the beginning of the thread, the game's been active for only about six months.

I remember Flame Mech being up when I first joined. No way I could run those, and now they're the only fire-type dragon I don't own.

Bring Mechs back~

:<

And looking at the beginning of the thread, the game's been active for only about six months.

I remember Flame Mech being up when I first joined. No way I could run those, and now they're the only fire-type dragon I don't own.

Bring Mechs back~

no kidding right. The only mech I have is Dark....I don't think any have showed up since then right? I think I have all the dragons that have showed up, save 1 or 2.

J0dy77

Bring Mechs back~

no kidding right. The only mech I have is Dark....I don't think any have showed up since then right? I think I have all the dragons that have showed up, save 1 or 2.

Yeah, I was saying the same thing a bunch of pages back. I was really sick one day and got extremely lucky getting the Blizzard Mech on expert... that really kicked the addiction into high gear. Now I just need the Flame and Wood to complete the set, really want both of those to come back.

raiot

and we're done here :D.

that PnD stuff is pretty incredible. The amount of drops it looks ahead is just amazing. I'm getting better with Ra, but some of this stuff I don't know how you can see it.

stealth edit : i've been dumping my + eggs into Parv as she seems pretty end game and I use her ALL the time. solid decision, right?

If you have a Horus, feel free to use him instead of Zeus.
He is even better!
I had no time to charge his skill and only used him because I dont have an egyptian god besides of Anubis

Asturie

I am rank 10 at the moment running with a lvl 30 Isis, and a couple of trash mobs at the moment b/c my team points are not high enough to use a Minerva that I pulled or even my evolved blue starter mob. But I just pulled a Keeper of Rainbow from the PAL machine and while it costs 25 points as opposed to Isis's 20 points, it has more damage and more HP. Should I switch out Isis for the Keeper?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am rank 10 at the moment running with a lvl 30 Isis, and a couple of trash mobs at the moment b/c my team points are not high enough to use a Minerva that I pulled or even my evolved blue starter mob. But I just pulled a Keeper of Rainbow from the PAL machine and while it costs 25 points as opposed to Isis's 20 points, it has more damage and more HP. Should I switch out Isis for the Keeper?

I would keep with Isis. Pair her with another Isis or Horis friend if available. Even with low damage (3-400), getting that x9 or x12 damage will be more than enough for now.

Asturie

I would keep with Isis. Pair her with another Isis or Horis friend if available. Even with low damage (3-400), getting that x9 or x12 damage will be more than enough for now.

I don't know if its because I don't have enough points for a full team yet, or if I am just terrible at matching, but I have difficulty getting the 3 sets of matches for the damage bonus. should I be trying to get 3 matching sets every round, or is it better to say use one round to try to set up for combos and do no damage and on the followup round try to get the bonus damage? If that makes any sense.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know if its because I don't have enough points for a full team yet, or if I am just terrible at matching, but I have difficulty getting the 3 sets of matches for the damage bonus. should I be trying to get 3 matching sets every round, or is it better to say use one round to try to set up for combos and do no damage and on the followup round try to get the bonus damage? If that makes any sense.

Make sure you have one of every element on your team, 3x takes a little practice, but you'll get there. And no - it's best to try and get the combo in one go. If you can't do it, setup is fine. But really, early game learning to make combos will be SO helpful late game.

If you have a Horus, feel free to use him instead of Zeus.
He is even better!
I had no time to charge his skill and only used him because I dont have an egyptian god besides of Anubis

I have Anubis and Ra. Getting a little better with Ra, just so much luck involved. I usually pair with a Horus/Isis to help out. Seeing that '24x' is so glorious.

Should I go with light or dark Minerva? Any specific advantages for either of them?
Dark might become useful with the someday coming Hera-Urz dungeon (much like how Neptune is a strategy for Hera-Is), but we're probably months away from getting that.

If you want to live for the moment Light is good on Legendary Shingen right now cause the pre-emptive strike ninjas are light element. Also Cat Paw!

Abandond

and now I've wasted a total of 36 stamina on Blazing Dragon.

What do you guys suggest so I can level up my monsters? Just feed them unevolved pengdras or what?

Edit: Can anyone makt an Amaterasu Ohkami their leader by any chance?

J0dy77

Some JP players collected a very large and very insane amount of data related to + egg rates. Worth looking at if you're at the point in the game where you need to farm them.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8886

That confirms a lot of my suspicions about Ocean of Heaven. I've never have good luck with + eggs but since I started farming "Sea God of Heaven" on weekends I've seen a steady stream. Throw on top of that the pretty good chance of a mystic mask and it's a pretty big advantage over any other farm spot. You also get a ton of regular drops as feeders.

I like to alternate between Rhea and Ocean on the weekend depending on how badly I need masks and if I want to level something other than blue monsters.

That confirms a lot of my suspicions about Ocean of Heaven. I've never have good luck with + eggs but since I started farming "Sea God of Heaven" on weekends I've seen a steady stream. Throw on top of that the pretty good chance of a mystic mask and it's a pretty big advantage over any other farm spot. You also get a ton of regular drops as feeders.

I like to alternate between Rhea and Ocean on the weekend depending on how badly I need masks and if I want to level something other than blue monsters.

it's also really solid with gold and xp. Most Definitely my go-to spot over the weekend.

OTIX

and now I've wasted a total of 36 stamina on Blazing Dragon.

What do you guys suggest so I can level up my monsters? Just feed them unevolved pengdras or what?

Edit: Can anyone makt an Amaterasu Ohkami their leader by any chance?
I hope you realise he has 60000 armour so you probably need poison to kill him. You generally shouldn't fuse pengdras without evolving them first, unless you're really short on box space.

Abandond

I hope you realise he has 60000 armour so you probably need poison to kill him. You generally shouldn't fuse pengdras without evolving them first, unless you're really short on box space.

Damn.

I haven't even gotten to him. Died twice to the level before him and once on floor 3 because I'm dumb.

Can anyone comment how much data this game uses? I'm going to be out of town Friday and may need to tether to an iPhone, but I can't if its gonna use too much data.

Can anyone comment how much data this game uses? I'm going to be out of town Friday and may need to tether to an iPhone, but I can't if its gonna use too much data.
Very little. Don't know what your data caps are but it's certainly less wasteful than say Pandora. My average usage including browsing GAF/other forums/interwebs and playing two versions of PAD is about 20MB/day.

mercviper

Beating Goemon on legendary guarantees a drop right? I can definitely do legendary but probably not mythical

In the case of dungeons that have both legendary and mythical difficulties, legendary only gives ~40% drop chance.

Can you give me a sample team to do this with? I am going to try this soon.

Would this work with a friend list Grodin? http://imgur.com/IDqCVUf

Zombie team involves either Orochi (50%) or ogres (70%) as one leader, and the other leader being a healer that can auto heal either 50% or 70% your total team hp in one turn. This prevents you from getting 1 shot when Rainbow Keeper's attack hits you as resolve kicks in and keeps you at 1 hp.

Green Odin is a good substitute for a zombie leader (either for orochi or ogre) but he works differently, by reducing the damage you take from the first hit by 80% if you are at full hp. I'd even argue he's better since you can build a higher hp team with Odin to help with the trash levels, which is where zombie teams normally struggle.

Common team comps for a zombie/odin team is a zombie/odin leader paired with an autohealer (alruane/siren/archangel/amaterasu), filling the subs with rippers to provide damage.

George Claw,
what was your team to beat Zaerog and how many stones did you use?

I was not able to score a single Horus or Ra, so the Egyptian Lineup is out of reach for me... I do have a max Level Zeus and Lucifer, but that won't help me with this dungeon.
I also have nearly all subs for a good Goemon team ( 2 max skill titans, max echidna, Phoneix etc. )
Would you recommend to "buy" Zerog with a Zeus team or just wait until Goemon arrives?
Well, seeing that Goemon is coming this Friday, there goes your answer. It took me about 20 stones over 2 runs, because Heavy Metal Dragon didn't drop on the first run. I ran a dual Ra team, but the problem is that I couldn't stall and charge, since a 5-color combo kept sweeping the stage. Would have been a lot cheaper if I could stall and charge. I hate relying on Egyptian teams for this dungeon though, because you're at the mercy of the board having all the required elements to combo or you're dead on the first turn. I was checking out Tubegameplayer's YT channel to see what teams he used for this dungeon, and it looks like he has a team that can reliably farm it without relying on first turn luck. Unfortunately it requires that all his monsters have at least +99 HP across the board, just to survive all 4 High Dragon attacks.

Plinking Rainbow Keeper to death over the course of an hour is a rite of passage for all players
Ha! And that's after the nerf. It took me over 3 hours to beat it my first time.

Some JP players collected a very large and very insane amount of data related to + egg rates. Worth looking at if you're at the point in the game where you need to farm them.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8886
Thanks for that. Checking it out, now. On a related note, it appears Tubegameplayer also prefers Blazing Great Wings during 5x +egg Tech rates on Mondays. His small test run resulted in 18 +eggs in 25 runs for a 72% chance per run.

So as we've come to expect, albeit without compiled data to back it up, Sea-God of Heaven is an excellent weekend farm spot for +eggs. I rotate between that and Starlight Sanctuary(Queen of Gods) on weekends, depending on helpers available. The list doesn't have numbers for 5x tech rate on 1.5x Mondays, but Tubegameplayer's results corroborates my experience of high drop rates in that case.

J0dy77

I just beat the rainbow keeper with a low damage zombie team. It took well over an hour. That was a mistake.

Not at all. Like others have said, we've all done it when we first started out. You've earned your stripes and have a great team member for a while to come.

Pumped for Goemen. Really wish I had more than 3 stones left after getting trolled this god fest.

Pacman2k

A lot of the data I'm seeing on goemon seems stale... dual lakshmi team... dual blue noels... really? Seems old hat.

I'm thinking I'll try this, for a "legend" difficulty 0-stone:

Water Dominion Gabriel
Demon Viper Orochi
Siren the Enchanter [Max Skill] (with about 50 +RCV eggs on her)
Water Mech Warrior Midgard
Earth-rending Emperor Siegfried
Commerce Deity Hermes

All are hovering around level 60, except the Hermes guest leader which will probably be Max, and the mech which is around lv 40.

Thoughts?

As a side note, is it just me or are the name of monsters in this game getting longer and longer as we progress?

I am thinking this for goemon legendary

Blue Noel - lead
Blue mech Warrior Midgard(lvl 60+)
Dark Neptune -
Siren 5*
Siegfried (5*)
(Either Hermes 6* or another blue noel) friend Lead

I figure I need 40k HP, and whatever else I can get from there.

I might try I&I leader for atk +4x rcv, but I would not feel as safe with 24+k as I will with over 40k

Hopefully I can have better luck than with Valk last friday.

J0dy77

So here's what I was thinking initially for Goemen:

1HtLlIul.jpg

My concern is that everything is too under leveled. Thoughts? Planned on pairing with a strong I&I. I have 12 pengdras just waiting for a sapphire dungeon day. Can hopefully dump 30 total levels into the team before Friday.

Otherwise might try and figure out Horus team.

J0dy77

A lot of the data I'm seeing on goemon seems stale... dual lakshmi team... dual blue noels... really? Seems old hat.

I'm thinking I'll try this, for a "legend" difficulty 0-stone:

Water Dominion Gabriel
Demon Viper Orochi
Siren the Enchanter [Max Skill] (with about 50 +RCV eggs on her)
Water Mech Warrior Midgard
Earth-rending Emperor Siegfried
Commerce Deity Hermes

All are hovering around level 60, except the Hermes guest leader which will probably be Max, and the mech which is around lv 40.

Thoughts?

As a side note, is it just me or are the name of monsters in this game getting longer and longer as we progress?

Very similar to the team I just posted and am considering. Gabriel might be the better choice over I&I. As long as you can heal through any damage he should fall. Wish I had the blue mech for this.

Edit: the wikia peeked ahead and we are getting sapphire dungeon tomorrow. Might have to use a stone pumping levels into the blue team.

Wanchan

I'll just go brute force with a Dual Isis and see how i can perform, tried Shingen Legend and 0 stoned it, Goemon dungeon looks close enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom