• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions for the new dragon on Legendary? I don't have Horus but I have plenty of Horus friends. I took a ADK team into Master and well, it wasn't pretty.

Also, are the ninjas worth keeping?

EDIT: Just saw some suggestions from the last page. I should have no problem getting an Ammy friend and I have MVD. Fill up with rippers for the other spots?

daw840

FUCK YES!!!!

I rolled once yesterday and got a Berserk. I had 4 stones left over and today I logged in and got my event stone and decided to roll again.

GOT AN ODIN!! Best thing I've ever got in a Godfest

mercviper

Any suggestions for the new dragon on Legendary? I don't have Horus but I have plenty of Horus friends. I took a ADK team into Master and well, it wasn't pretty.

Also, are the ninjas worth keeping?

EDIT: Just saw some suggestions from the last page. I should have no problem getting an Ammy friend and I have MVD. Fill up with rippers for the other spots?

My Horus team was simply not strong enough on Legend, even with 7-8 combos. I had to use Path and Decision twice on him, but even then, no luck. I'm going to try it again with the same setup you mention.

I really need me a Orochi. I'm sad that I didn't pull one during this Godfest. I'll likely wait until we see a 3x hit chance with him in there. He's a pretty big deal in endgame teams it seems like.

You can fill with whatever as long as you reach >14010 hp.

I ran with hera, wood mech, bowmore, and rainbow keeper subs.

Would've done 2x hera but I was short on HP since they're under leveled. Having the wood mech/keeper ability is a nice backup in case hearts dont fall or if your MVD gets bound, but there's plenty of leeway.

Another thing to note, unless your Amaterasu is max lvl with +99 eggs, Mitsuki will end up dealing more damage than you can heal with ama alone when she falls below 30%.

edit: Oh, and the lightning dudes in round 6 will attack as soon as you enter, so make sure you're healthy before going into there. It's 4434 damage in the face as you enter round 6.

LukeSmith

I feel that pain. I restarted for about a day and a half before I got something worth keeping.

Just now, I spent my last 5 stones on the rare egg machine. A yellow egg popped out, and my eyes got really big because I had been getting terrible rolls.........and then it turned out to be Archangel =\

I ended up moving forward with my Bastet roll and when I got to five stones rolled and ended up with Horus

Kreed

Managed to get a Horus from the godfest. Should be nice to play the game without completely relying on mono color leaders/teams (I know the game is trying to fix this with more monster type leaders).

Managed to get in one last run of dragon slime before it closed. You know those shitty unevolved sylphs that keep clogging up your box from REM? They finally have a use!

For Master I ran Thanatos/Dubmyth/Dubmyth/MDK/Vamp Lord/Vamp Lord. Team was too under leveled for Legendary.

You guys might want to start looking at your boxes right now and seeing what you have that's 10 cost or lower.

Any idea when this dungeon is coming state side?

Limit

FUCK YES!!!!

I rolled once yesterday and got a Berserk. I had 4 stones left over and today I logged in and got my event stone and decided to roll again.

GOT AN ODIN!! Best thing I've ever got in a Godfest

I was in the same situation. 4 stones from yesterday and got the bonus event stone today. Rolled in and got a dark golem. Quite a slap in the face.

SaintR

Got and Isis , Ra , Horus,then day rolled for Thor ,Loki , and Odin. Dam this game broke my bank :(

My pickup on this Godfest:
Isis x2(no skill up)
Horus
Bastet
Red knight
Blue knight x2(no skill ups...fed him to my full evolved forget his name ATM)
Pierdrawn
Blue golem

All in all my first multi God pull so it was a great godfest for me..I also needed the red knight for final piece to my red team

three rolls, got a horus and freyja. Easy game easy life.

I'm kind of glad I finally got a Horus-had been running Isis (which I have)/ Horus for a while to success and would rather run Horus/Horus when I can. Also makes a great sub for my fire team which is still missing a fire knight (have a Titan, Horus, Freyr, Echinda, just not the fire knight . Oh well, not like I'm in a rush on that team (my blue, dark, and Egyptian teams are my bread and butter) anyway. Red is kind of poopy.

muu

Just spent more money on this than I should have (the 85 stone package) to do some more rolling. Friend told me he got a Horus and I just felt I needed to give it another chance... (and I had 80 more bucks on my itunes account that I rarely use). Got:

Stone Knight (finally! couldn't get one last time so I'm pretty happy)
Freya (3rd one! and a 4th one!)
Freyja
Pierdra
Dryad
Toytops
Siren!
Another Titan
Horus!!!

He was the one I wanted so I stopped there. Got 38 stones left for something another time, but for now I'll have plenty of time to level every colored team. The only healer I really need to farm for now is Echidna.

So now I got multiple dupes of Freya, Titan, and the Red Knight. Are any of these worth keeping multiples of, or should I just feed 'em and hope for skillups?

You can probably feed Freya; Titan I'd keep one for a low leveled resolve team ad the other for Goemon. MFK is safe to feed since we're getting a dungeon to farm him someday in the future.

What's the deal with Goemon and Titan? I've read a few things that say Titan is needed for Goemon dungeon...
Naw Titan is used on a team with Goemon as the leader, not in his dungeon.

Goemon's leader skill grants 5x ATK when your health drops below 30%. Meanwhile, at max level Red Giant Gigas' RCV drops down to -300, so with two of them on a Goemon team you can ensure you never heal no matter how many heart orbs you match. Take hits from trash mobs until Goemon activates then steamroll your way through the rest of the dungeon with unconditional 25x ATK.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Goemon's leader skill grants 5x ATK when your health drops below 30%. Meanwhile, at max level Red Giant Gigas' RCV drops down to -300, so with two of them on a Goemon team you can ensure you never heal no matter how many heart orbs you match. Take hits from trash mobs until Goemon activates then steamroll your way through the rest of the dungeon with unconditional 25x ATK.

Well hot damn...I guess I need to build a Goemon team for his inevitable arrival!

Quantum

rare: 4th mermaid!

gungtrolled.

love it.

wasn't able to get the blizzard dragon - first biweekly mob I couldn't get since starting 146 days ago.

fortunately my addiction has moved to another game and this has become a log in and play once in awhile.

J0dy77

Finished Samurai dragon master with a double Horus team. The tough part with the lineup is that you need one of each color as a primary. Can't get away with dual color mobs. The boss spams a lot of abilities and gives you time to heal and power up. Wasn't that hard at all.

He didn't drop, going to bring a Horus, Isis team next time. Will be be easier to bring echidna and charge her delay.

Jagernaut

When are Duke Vampire Lord and Red Giant Gigas getting their dual color evolutions? I'm guessing that Gigas will probably be Fire/Light and Duke Dark/Water.

This current event is pretty weak, no special dungeons every day. Just waiting on the Pengdra Village.

mercviper

Almost spent money on this game for the godfest, but in the end decided not to. Hopefully Goemon will come around soon enough so I don't feel bad about not having a leader with 3x ATK or more. The gacha wasn't nice to me this time and I only came out with megalodron, fenrir, and naga. Fed the naga for a skillup, and the megalo to my other one (who was level 1, but skill lvl 3, no skillup though :<). Fenrir was nice since I didn't have the mystic blue, but I'm still sad since usually 3 rolls during the godfest nets me a gold egg.
Megalodran is technically a gold egg but toy dragons don't count!

rare: 4th mermaid!

gungtrolled.

love it.

wasn't able to get the blizzard dragon - first biweekly mob I couldn't get since starting 146 days ago.

fortunately my addiction has moved to another game and this has become a log in and play once in awhile.

which is.... :D

When are Duke Vampire Lord and Red Giant Gigas getting their dual color evolutions? I'm guessing that Gigas will probably be Fire/Light and Duke Dark/Water.

This current event is pretty weak
, no special dungeons every day. Just waiting on the Pengdra Village.

Completely agree. After this one ends, I'll post a question to you guys about thoughts of things you'd like to see in events. Just curious

massoluk

Banned

oemon's leader skill grants 5x ATK when your health drops below 30%. Meanwhile, at max level Red Giant Gigas' RCV drops down to -300, so with two of them on a Goemon Meanwhile, at max level Red Giant Gigas' RCV drops down to -300, so with two of them on a Goemon team you can ensure you never heal no matter how many heart orbs you match. dungeon with unconditional 25x ATK.

Serious question, no point in evolving to Red Giant Gigas until I got myself Goemon then?

I kinda regret not pulling more during the Devil fest. I put my unevolved Lvl.23 Amon on my dual Lucifer team for Legendary Samurai. Its counterattack active skill is pretty amazing. In fact, both Legendary and Master Samurais died to Amon's counterattacks. A single activation yielded 3 counterattacks that did over 80K damage per hit against Legendary Samurai. That's huge for a team without ATK multipliers.

On a different note, I finally bit the bullet and cannibalized my +213 ADK and +100 Siren to make my +297 Zaerog. I wasted +16 stat bonuses, but saved a bunch of gold and time had I done it the long way. My next project is +297 Lucifer. Just fed him all the +eggs I'd been stockpiling, but that only got him to +90. Long way to go. Gonna farm as many as I can today from the Technical dungeons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I kinda regret not pulling more during the Devil fest. I put my unevolved Lvl.23 Amon on my dual Lucifer team for Legendary Samurai. Its counterattack active skill is pretty amazing. In fact, both Legendary and Master Samurais died to Amon's counterattacks. A single activation yielded 3 counterattacks that did over 80K damage per hit against Legendary Samurai. That's huge for a team without ATK multipliers.

On a different note, I finally bit the bullet and cannibalized my +213 ADK and +100 Siren to make my +297 Zaerog. I wasted +16 stat bonuses, but saved a bunch of gold and time had I done it the long way. My next project is +297 Lucifer. Just fed him all the +eggs I'd been stockpiling, but that only got him to +90. Long way to go. Gonna farm as many as I can today from the Technical dungeons.

Ditto on the devil fest. I wish I would have, ha.

I noticed your Zaerog looked particularly beefy today. I'm still having serious hesitations about where to put my +eggs. I've saved up about 70 and I really don't have a clue who to give them to. I could put them in Zues, Horus, Echidna, Orochi, or one of my mono color leaders. I'm leaning towards Horus since I got him since that will benefit that team and my fire team. Any advice?

I noticed your Zaerog looked particularly beefy today. I'm still having serious hesitations about where to put my +eggs. I've saved up about 70 and I really don't have a clue who to give them to. I could put them in Zues, Horus, Echidna, Orochi, or one of my mono color leaders. I'm leaning towards Horus since I got him since that will benefit that team and my fire team. Any advice?
Horus isn't a bad choice at all. If you plan to use Horus a lot, go for it. Horus, Zeus, and Echidna are all great targets for your +eggs. Orochi would be a distant 4th on that list.

Serious question, no point in evolving to Red Giant Gigas until I got myself Goemon then?

How much do you value RCV?

As for + eggs, since a +297 gives the same boost no matter what monster you put it on there's two factors to consider:
1. How much utility the monster has. Echidna is used on like almost every endgame team, so logically it would be a good idea to dump your + eggs on her. On the other hand, if Isis ever becomes useless (Zaerog forbid) her Quick Heal active is kind of useless and will likely never see play as a sub.
2. How much your friends list uses that monster. Your friends list is more likely to use a +297 Isis than a +297 Echidna. Not only does it give you PAL points but they also benefit from dungeon running with a beefier monster.

BTW, I've been having amazing results farming Hill of Iris for Pengdras and +eggs. I've already gotten 20 +eggs today, averaging over 1 +egg per run and have had several runs with multiple +eggs.

BTW, I've been having amazing results farming Hill of Iris for Pengdras and +eggs. I've already gotten 20 +eggs today, averaging over 1 +egg per run and have had several runs with multiple +eggs.

really? Wow. I thought Hill of Iris was supposed to be terribad for + eggs due to all the pengdras. I'll have to check it!

really? Wow. I thought Hill of Iris was supposed to be terribad for + eggs due to all the pengdras. I'll have to check it!
You know, in theory it makes sense that Hill of Iris shouldn't be as good. 4 out of 8 random mobs are evo mats. In comparison in Talos's Abyss, 3 out of 8 random mobs are evo mats. I haven't seen anyone do a large sample tally from farming both dungeons for +eggs, but I still chose to go back to farming Hill of Iris due to the better exp/stam and better overall drops. I also happen to be having good luck with +egg drops, so I see no need to switch to a different dungeon.

Abandond

My Horus is ready. Also did another Ruby run and doing more tonight.
4FSwDzo.jpg

J0dy77

So that's where all my + eggs were going. Ran Iris 6 or 7 times today and got 1 egg. I had really bad luck the last time the 5x event was around as well. Ocean of heaven and Rhea Temple seem to be my lucky spots on the weekends.

J0dy77

So I maxed Horus today!!! My first 99 character, can check another accomplishment off the list. Funny thing happened when finishing off the last level, just wanted it to be over so I dumped anything I had on him, wound up with this:

sNByAGB.jpg

Abandond

Sweet, got 1.5x XP when I put in two kings and 3 evolved pengdras.

Now that he has some decent numbers, do I continue to dump XP onto him? I can't evolve him until friday. I can also put XP onto my Volcano Dragon which is level 53 and I can evolve him tomorrow once I do some keeper runs.

Edit: Last level on Hyperion Lava Flow is toughh. Can't get past the level before the boss.

pix

Is is easy to run Keep of the Rainbow dungeon tomorrow? I want to obtain a few. Whats a recommended team or gimmick team to attempt it?

Is is easy to run Keep of the Rainbow dungeon tomorrow? I want to obtain a few. Whats a recommended team or gimmick team to attempt it?

The staple poverty team is resolve+autohealer, which is about a half hour clear. Keep in mind Rainbow Keeper has 907655 HP and hits for 22200 before you foolishly go in with your random team. His 775 DEF might also cause headaches for beginning players.

The staple poverty team is resolve+autohealer, which is about a half hour clear. Keep in mind Rainbow Keeper has 907655 HP and hits for 22200 before you foolishly go in with your random team. His 775 DEF might also cause headaches for beginning players.

like Cosmo said, resolve+auto for leaders. Best bet would be any devil/demon/ripper with a good active skill. It's going to take time. I remember my first time with Rainbow and it took damn near an entire day. Worth it early on though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what are some of the more viable 0 stone Zeus builds? I know they exist, and I THINK I can put one together now. But the PDX builds are, to my knowledge, not the most recent/best available options.

raiot

George Claw,
what was your team to beat Zaerog and how many stones did you use?

I was not able to score a single Horus or Ra, so the Egyptian Lineup is out of reach for me... I do have a max Level Zeus and Lucifer, but that won't help me with this dungeon.
I also have nearly all subs for a good Goemon team ( 2 max skill titans, max echidna, Phoneix etc. )
Would you recommend to "buy" Zerog with a Zeus team or just wait until Goemon arrives?

Very odd to me that they include dungeons with monsters we can't get yet. Master dragon dungeon was pretty easy...Will be trying legendary next with Ra/Horus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom