• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max level, which is listed when you "check info" on a monster.

i know the max level. i'm saying that when you are fusing it tells you how much xp you'll be adding, but doesn't tell you what lvl that will take you to.

I'd rather not have to look at a chart to figure how much xp its going to take to go from 33-35 w/o wasting

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i know the max level. i'm saying that when you are fusing it tells you how much xp you'll be adding, but doesn't tell you what lvl that will take you to.

I'd rather not have to look at a chart to figure how much xp its going to take to go from 33-35 w/o wasting

Either what Jinko posted or This. You'll have to do SOME work to optimize your feeding.

They are in Neptune Glacier/Mermaid feast. Have fun I've been farming them for days with no luck. I did manage to pull a dryad from the rare pull. Not sure which is better.

I need to farm a good healer and Lil' Dark Dragon and Lil' Water Dragon to round out my Dragon squad. I need a 1.5x drop % on those T2 dungeons NOW.

According to the OP, evolve masks drop in the 2* elemental dungeons. Is Neptune Glacier the 2* blue dungeon? I need a blue mask to evolve one of my monsters.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
According to the OP, evolve masks drop in the 2* elemental dungeons. Is Neptune Glacier the 2* blue dungeon? I need a blue mask to evolve one of my monsters.

T1 is Dungeon of Fire through Tower of Trials.
T2 is Volcano of Vulcan through Tower of Giants.
T3 is Fire Forest Nerva through [insert dungeon here].

AzureSky

is it worth it to keep lower tier evolve materials like dragon seeds?
none of the higher monsters seem to need it.

btw, looking for a present trade partner, my ID is 303,148,205 (have a mermaid leader as a bonus :)

KuroNeeko

has anyone else lost out on a rare egg that dropped because they couldn't beat the boss and had to give up?

To be honest, I'm at the point know where I'm holding onto my stones in case this happens. Rare pulls are nice and all, but too inconsistent to use stones I earn in-game. Since I already have my monster box upgraded to 100 slots, I'd rather have the stones there in case something rare drops and I need to continue.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
To be honest, I'm at the point know where I'm holding onto my stones in case this happens. Rare pulls are nice and all, but too inconsistent to use stones I earn in-game. Since I already have my monster box upgraded to 100 slots, I'd rather have the stones there in case something rare drops and I need to continue.

This is what I did. I had to spend two stones, but I got a Demon Harpy, a Lil' White Dragon, and a +egg.

Boken

Banned
Took me 30 minutes to kill the sky dragon on expert... Not a single drop was had that run. Ahhh.

Experience is crazy for the stamina though.

Owzers

I would have gladly spent a stone on progressing but i didn't think i could win with the party i had. one stone for a vampire egg :( :( :(

Ferrio

Banned
Yay king sapphire dragon... my siren gets some love. Too bad the expensive thing can't fit on my team... I'm looking to kick off this dark carbunkle already.

MicH

Is the evolved form of Sapphire Carbuncle any good? It's the only water monster I have and I don't want to waste money on leveling it up if it sucks :p

not able to look it up right now...ignore if no one knows off the top of their head.

lil' dragon or starter dragon? which one is 'better'?

I've gotten a slew of dragons lately are currently have :

Starter Red (3rd form)
Starter Green (2nd form)
Lil' Red (1st form)
Lil' Green (1st form)
Lil' Light (2nd form)

was working on a red/blue team. wondering if i should switch up my strategy if i can find a leader skill that boosts dragon attacks

Is the evolved form of Sapphire Carbuncle any good? It's the only water monster I have and I don't want to waste money on leveling it up if it sucks :p

i just use the carbuncles for feeding to higher lvl monsters. you can boost them to lvl10-11 pretty quickly and give a fair amount of xp. they are decent 'healers' (500 hp heal is their skill). you could use them if you are low-ish lvls, but i would boost it to lvl10-11 and use it to feed a better monster

In the OP it says that it's more efficient to feed all your exp monsters to carbuncles, and then feed carbuncles to your main guys to level them up. Can anyone explain the math of why this is more efficient than just feeding guys directly to your monsters without going through a carbuncle?

garath

In the OP it says that it's more efficient to feed all your exp monsters to carbuncles, and then feed carbuncles to your main guys to level them up. Can anyone explain the math of why this is more efficient than just feeding guys directly to your monsters without going through a carbuncle?

Here's a couple good posts on the subject that someone else linked me in this thread. It boils down to xp per gold. It's more expensive to feed small amounts of experience to your high level guys than it is to feed a lower level monster then feed that single to your higher level.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=47

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1009

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1098

blackflag

not able to look it up right now...ignore if no one knows off the top of their head.

lil' dragon or starter dragon? which one is 'better'?

I've gotten a slew of dragons lately are currently have :

Starter Red (3rd form)
Starter Green (2nd form)
Lil' Red (1st form)
Lil' Green (1st form)
Lil' Light (2nd form)

was working on a red/blue team. wondering if i should switch up my strategy if i can find a leader skill that boosts dragon attacks

i just use the carbuncles for feeding to higher lvl monsters. you can boost them to lvl10-11 pretty quickly and give a fair amount of xp. they are decent 'healers' (500 hp heal is their skill). you could use them if you are low-ish lvls, but i would boost it to lvl10-11 and use it to feed a better monster

I'd say it depends. I'd keep those lil dragons though. their fully evolved form has a really good damage reduction. Wish I woulda known before I dumped several.

ToxicAdam

Evolved my mermaid/siren into her last form today. Feels good, man.

You would cry if you saw how many Penda's (unevolved) I fed her to get her from lvl 60-70. I was grinding in the Tech ice dungeons and just kept getting them. I must have had 12 max leveled at one point.

Question: Does a character have to go through a level up to get a chance at the skill up? If I feed Siren a Marine Goblin, but it's not enough to make her level up ... can she still skill up?

Next up is evolving my White dragon to it's final form and then my ADK.

garath

Sapphire dungeon was good to me. Got 2 regular, 1 high and 1 king.

Need to evolve my red dragon so I can keep levelling him. Come on Tuesday dungeon!

I'm maxxed on cards though.. 50/50. Guess I'm using more magic stones sigh.

I'd say it depends. I'd keep those lil dragons though. their fully evolved form has a really good damage reduction. Wish I woulda known before I dumped several.

thanks, guess thats just more guys to evolve!

I really want an ADK. I have a fully evolved starter Red, Blue, and Green Dragon so far. Would like to mess with a team like that.

this would be great as well haha

really sucks trying to figure what to feed higher lvls up. i can either feed 5k xp for 50k xp. need 25k to max lvl -.-

Here's a couple good posts on the subject that someone else linked me in this thread. It boils down to xp per gold. It's more expensive to feed small amounts of experience to your high level guys than it is to feed a lower level monster then feed that single to your higher level.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=47

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1009

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=1098

OK, looking at the middle post, let me see if I have this right from a lower-level pov.

1* cards (polly/carbuncle/goblin) reach optimal feeding level at 4/5/4. These should be fed to creatures no higher than level 2/5/3. That is pretty intro level stuff, so let's look at 2*.

2* cards (fighter/ogre/goblin) reach optimal feeding level at 6/6/8. You can feed these up to level 8/13/30.

I just noticed there are some other 2* monsters mentioned, but that kind of gets me to where I am. Does it look like I am getting this correct? I probably wasted a decent number of coins but live and learn.

Kosh

How do you get an ADK?

They are evolved from the Mystic Stone Knight, where those drop, I have no idea. I got mine from a gacha pull.

I think most that have the ADK got them on their first gacha pull around New Years. That's when this thread blew up and a lot of folks started playing. They were having a special green day where the chances were higher to get green monsters, like the one for dark they're doing right now.

Jinko

really sucks trying to figure what to feed higher lvls up. i can either feed 5k xp for 50k xp. need 25k to max lvl -.-

If you haven't unlocked techincal dungeons use Evolved Carbuncles you want to lvl them up to around 11-13 and then feed them to your main monster.

If you have technical dungeons unlocked you should be feeding either maxed out pengdra's (only takes 2540 xp to max them out) or evolve them and feed those for mega XP.

keiichi

Need some quick(?) help.

Current team
SL5CN.jpg

I have a Dragon Fruit, Dragon Flower and Metal Dragon x2 , would it be best for me to just feed them to my starter for Exp, or to the Vampire Lord? or is it way too early to worry about any of that.

Thanks!

Jinko

Need some quick(?) help.

Current team

I have a Dragon Fruit, Dragon Flower and Metal Dragon x2 , would it be best for me to just feed them to my starter for Exp, or to the Vampire Lord? or is it way too early to worry about any of that.

Thanks!

Save the fruit and flower for later on, but yea feed the metal dragons to your preferred main, there will be plenty of chances to get more.

blackflag

So I got my mermaid to a Siren and to level 35. How the heck do you get them to 70?!

Lucky King dragon drops or Pengdras. Farm that sapphire dungeon as much as you can today. I got mine from 1-45 a few minutes ago but now it's to the point where it's expensive and more difficult...I ran out of coins to level.

KuroNeeko

Ho-lee shiyat,

All I can say is I hope you guys will be getting the 6 million download thanksgiving "event" that we're getting on the JP version. The event includes -

*Bonuses for special dungeons
・2x drop rate for Friday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday special dungeons
・1.5x gold drop rate from weekend dungeon

*1 free magic stone for each day of the event (8 total)

*2x the chance to increase skill levels

*3x the chance to pull Odin, ADK, or other Norse / Japanese gods

and something else I feel like I'm missing.

It's events like these that convince me you don't need to pay if you don't want to. It just takes longer to get stuff done. The Christmas / NY event was the same way. :D I know from experience how many complaints they'll get from NA users if they don't get the same treatment. Oh well!

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's a pretty awesome monster book I found. It's an excel document. No viruses, yadda yadda, despite the understandably sketchy link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yduj8xe59a1t9hm

I wish I know how to find the original author of this, because there are a couple of things I'd like to fix and submit the changes back to the author, but I can't seem to find the original source.

ParityBit

Lucky King dragon drops or Pengdras. Farm that sapphire dungeon as much as you can today. I got mine from 1-45 a few minutes ago but now it's to the point where it's expensive and more difficult...I ran out of coins to level.

Thanks for reminding me! It was up but I only got one run in :(

Guess I will have to stay up until 11 for another run. I got her to 42. What does she need to get to 5*? (Is there an evolve chart someplace for cards?)

blackflag

Thanks for reminding me! It was up but I only got one run in :(

Guess I will have to stay up until 11 for another run. I got her to 42. What does she need to get to 5*? (Is there an evolve chart someplace for cards?)

Yup I've been using the one from that mediafire link. I've noticed that Basilisk/Tiamat skill is listed wrong but evolves and most other things seem correct.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Why does it give you the "Can't activate leader skill" message with your helpers sometimes?
That's for when you select Explorers, which are people you don't have on your friends list. If you add that person after successfully beating the dungeon and they accept your invite, their leader skill will be available to you next time you use them as a helper.

ParityBit

Yup I've been using the one from that mediafire link. I've noticed that Basilisk/Tiamat skill is listed wrong but evolves and most other things seem correct.

Oh man .... I don't even know where to get those things for my Siren. I know one is in the dungeon that kicked my behind.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Managed to get 2 kings, 5 high & 43 normal sapphire dragons today. +tons of plants from the Thursday Dungeon. I'm at 275 box space now...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom