• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abandond

Can you pop into Endless Corridor and see what your HP is and how much you can heal per turn? There are a lot of factors to consider for Goemon. Odds are, you won't be able to burst him down. You'll need to be able to tank the fight, maintain your heart orb matching, AND put pressure on him to pick away at his health.

Oh man, can't even fit 3 RKs + Siren with my team cost. I could put a Super King Metal Dragon instead of the Siren or I can get rid of an RK and put in a black, red or blue ripper, horus, CDK, that's all the options with above 1400 hp anyway..

SaintR

After spending the whole day banging my head against the wall on Mythical. I went in on Legend smoked the damn dungeon and THANKFULLY got the drop! Omg so happy that's over! Only took 2 combos to down her. That extra HP on mythical makes all the difference. Like I mentioned earlier if I had more +eggs on my subs or even better a dual dark hades I think I would have beaten her on Mythical a few times. Jesus that was nuts. lol
Gratz man!!

Jiraiza

Crap, it's the light festival. What's the best way to get stones without spending money!? Fuck, wish I didn't spend all my stones on the Pengdra village, many regrets.

raiot

Crap, it's the light festival. What's the best way to get stones without spending money!? Fuck, wish I didn't spend all my stones on the Pengdra village, many regrets.

Whatever you are planning to do... DONT!
Rolling outside of a godfest is plain stupid. You might get lucky, but believe me, your stones are better spent elswhere.

Splat

Do you guys think Moondragon Lunar D'spinas @ 76, RK x 3, Siren the Enchanter @ 39 and Seraphim of Dawn Lucifer @ 60 with +50 could do Goeman?
Just did this team except with loki, a max skill siren, and a 93 luci helper on legend. Used puzz combo to help with heals but it was pretty low stress esp with 4 subs that help survival. No stones and got the drop!

raiot

B-but the chances of getting a Valkyrie... Damn it, ;_;.
Yeah, the chances of getting a Valkyrie are slightly better, but if you don't pay for stones you need INSANE luck to get her with 2-3 rolls.

In other news, got Goemon on Legend 1st try 0 stone. Now I'm not sure if its feasible to go for mythical with the same team. I think I'm a bit underleveled to farm him on Myth.
rGOSQhF.jpg

lordcyno

didn't get goemon on legend but got him on mythical

Used sod lucifer leaders, inferno hades, awoken hera, hera and dark ceres. Had around 55k health and 10k rcv

No real problems except on the first stage where I was dark orb deprived for a few turns. Was able to skip the coin throwing phase on goemon with the second wave of gravities followed by using both lucifers.

BlueSteel

didn't get goemon on legend but got him on mythical

Used sod lucifer leaders, inferno hades, awoken hera, hera and dark ceres. Had around 55k health and 10k rcv

No real problems except on the first stage where I was dark orb deprived for a few turns. Was able to skip the coin throwing phase on goemon with the second wave of gravities followed by using both lucifers.

Hm... if you did that on mythical I might try it then.

Wanchan

My Dual Isis team performed better than expected, no stone on first try (legend), almost died during mitsuki cause i was waiting for the skill of my rainbow keeper (mandatory vs Goemon first atk since my team didn't have more than 20250 HP) but Ishikawa was piece of cake, i think i cleared the dungeon in less than 5mins and it drop, perfect run.

Good luck everyone.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hahahaha first try fucked. I went 7 turns with like, 7 heart and 6 water orbs. Popped Siren on turn 5 to get 4 heart orbs from fire, STILL no extra heart or water. What a joke. Killed the only fire ninja but the 2 wood and one light ninja were untouchable. RNG is what it is, but hot damn was that stupid.

Wanchan

Tried it again with my somewhat weak blue team :

Commerce Hermes 40
Abyss Neptune 51
Water Dominion Gabe 26
Water Deity Isis 75
Siren 24
Blue Noel Max (friend)

And i cleared it in 50mins or so (green ninjas were super long to kill...) but the fucker didn't drop.

It's just crazy how quick in comparison you can clear high end fire content with a Dual Isis. :D

Oh and for anyone wondering, my Dual Isis team was :

Water Deity Isis 75
Red Giant Gigas 56
Rainbow Keeper
Green Odin Max
Ammy Ohkami 85
Water Deity Isis Max

Cerity

Haha, on the first turn the ninjas locked both my leaders for 5 turns. gg

Happened to me on the 2nd turn, restricted both luci's. Lucky I still had around 11k hp and RK's skill was ready, with a steady flow of red/heart orbs.

Not even sure what to level now, before I was rushing to level Luci and now i've got both valk and goemon. Not to mention the other half baked teams I have right now.

J0dy77

Goemon down and got the drop. Went with a mono blue team- Hermes and Gabriel. Here was the final level count after throwing a bunch of levels in over the last couple days. A second siren would make it easier than having Fenrir but you would need to be able to tank a hit when your leaders both get locked out.

SbKRg5hl.jpg

Is it worth going for a second Goemon?

OTIX

Beat legend with a Noel+Hermes team, quite easy but no drop. With Noel+Gabriel I think I could handle the boss on Mythical, but the first wave would be a total gamble.

Yaari

Yaari, whats your goemon team? (For obtaining him and the team you plan to run him in)

I used Luci/Hera/Hera/Dark Neptune/Siren/Luci. I used Echidna instead of Siren first but had some bad Stage 1 runs, and I really needed to heal back up. Its not fast at all but atleast it works.

Running legend btw. Not even going to think of Mythical.

As for the Goemon team, I guess Gigas/Gigas/Horus/Freyr. Evolved Gigas but I forgot the full name. I got pretty lucky on the REM pulls so I can put that full team together. I have a Ares on the bench aswell, too bad he doesnt fit in.

raiot

If you only run Legend, then why don't you take the team I posted? I thought you have a max skill Caol Ila? With him you only have to stall for 4 rounds on the first stage...

lvl 89 Gabe is up now...I'll keep him there the rest of the day. Currently on lvl 4 and going well, just going to take a while. 3 heal orbs basically gives me 8k hp. It just really sucks not having any damage multipliers.

I imagine Gabe/Hermes would make it faster, but the first level would be a total gamble.

J0dy77

Beat legend with a Noel+Hermes team, quite easy but no drop. With Noel+Gabriel I think I could handle the boss on Mythical, but the first wave would be a total gamble.

I think I could pull of mythical with two sirens but might not have enough HP for the full team lockout and tanking recovery. Otherwise it's just staying ahead of the damage. Might have to give it a try.

Yaari

If you only run Legend, then why don't you take the team I posted? I thought you have a max skill Caol Ila? With him you only have to stall for 4 rounds on the first stage...

Nope only Bowmore unfortunately :(.

But I'm definitely going to need to do something abotu the first stages. Cost me plenty of Stamina so far.

Jagernaut

Yes! Beat Goemon on Legendary in under 1 hour and got the drop! I had to use 1 stone when I messed up once battling Goemon. The low ninjas were worse for me than the mid ninjas. The mid ninjas go down in 2 turns with a mono color team but without an attack multiplier the low ninjas (except for red) were hard since they have 8000 hp and almost 3000 defense. I ended up stalling them and then killing them with Blue Noel's skill.

I used this team

Blue Noel
Siren
Water Mechwarrior
Abyss Neptune (poison killed round 3 immediately and helped with the bosses. Don't activate poison until after you are bound)
Blizzard Archdemon Amon (counterattack caused almost 60k damage x 5 turns on Goemon)
Blue Noel helper

raiot

Hm, ok, then it was George Claw with the 2 max skilled Caol Ilas.
Do you have a max skilled Lillith from Poring Tower? I bet a 10 turn poison cooldown lessens the risk of getting you leaders bound by a good amount.

TimeKillr

I'm on Mythical right now, at Mitsuki.

Dual high level Gabriel leaders (86 for mine, 85 from someone else in GAF, I forget who at the moment - thanks!) with a stupidly unevolved Fenrir Knight (I ran out of masks and forgot to grab more!), a max skill Siren, a 50ish I&I not busty (again, not enough masks :( ) and a Siegfried (not evolved!)

It's going well but SLOOOOOOOOW. I thought I'd never finish clearing the first stage, it took SO long, but now I'm doing good.

The good thing is this team is ridiculously safe, if slow as hell. 4xHP/4xRCV? Yeah, okay. I heal for so much with a single heart match that I'm essentially unkillable. I just kill very slow :)

Radav

Wow, I'm surprised how many people are taking down Goemon. I had a very different impression of his difficulty. Congrats on all the new Goeomons!

ccbfan

Easily defeated Goemon (and got the drop woo) on Legendary with

Blue Noel
Water Guardian
Max Skill Siren
Max Skill Siren
Water Ancient

Gabriel

Round 1 was the hardest since only 1 ninja was fire. But was about to struggle through. The only way I could damage green ninjas was with a 3+ blue orb combo. Ended up killing both with blue noel skill since I wanted to save the water ancient for next round. Nice since I was able to charge up all my skills.

Round 2 was just use water ancient to get rid of small ninjas and just charge kill the mid ninjas one by one. Mid ninjas are so easy.

Round 3 again kill Mid ninjas one by one.

Round 4 activate Water Guardian skill and siren skill. Wait out bind and just easy matching after that.

Round 5 Take first hit. Water Guardian skill and siren skill. Wait out bind. Again easy matching. Unlike the weekly dragons who goes berserk with special attacks on low HP. He only did Coin Toss like 1/4 times.

Any reason for 2 Goemons? Also how are the ninjas. They look like Devils with better atk/hp ratio but worse special skills. Not sure how useful they are though since zombie teams are pretty much useless for me right now.

Wow, I'm surprised how many people are taking down Goemon. I had a very different impression of his difficulty. Congrats on all the new Goeomons!

Gotta say, I had different impressions as well. This is the first non-dragon 'special' dungeon i've tackled (outside of 2 heroes) and thought it would be harder. Had to use 1 stone as RNG bound both leaders.

Looking forward to plugging him into the Red team (as I don't have an official Geomon team yet).

Any reason for 2 Goemons? Also how are the ninjas. They looklike Devils with better atk/hp ratio but worse special skills. Not sure how useful they are though since zombie teams are pretty much useless for me right now.

No on the first one, just for Skill ups. I'm holding on to a few ninjas to skill up right now. Not sure I'll ever use them though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No luck on my first Legend drop. Thankfully, once the first round is cleared, the rest is relatively easy. Round 4 can be rough if both leaders get bound, but that's one risk you take.

No luck on my first Legend drop. Thankfully, once the first round is cleared, the rest is relatively easy. Round 4 can be rough if both leaders get bound, but that's one risk you take.

Round 4 I had everything bound, luckily the next turn she 'giggled'. Nice. Round 5 I had both leaders and Siren bounded and had to eat a stone. Basically just a grind. Round 1 through 3 isn't too bad if you are running a 1/4/4 team.

Question : why are people running Noel's instead of Gabe's? Is it due to lack of Gabe's or is there something else? Just curious.

Jagernaut

Nobody on my friends list was running Gabriel but at least 5 had Noel up so I used Noel. Noel's skill was useful for getting rid of low ninjas in one shot.

Wanchan

Nobody on my friends list was running Gabriel but at least 5 had Noel up so I used Noel. Noel's skill was useful for getting rid of low ninjas in one shot.

Same here, angel/demons (minus Lucifer) are not popular at all, i'm seeing nobody with them. :(

I have 4 Gabes but they're all low level, focused on Isis and Hermes so far.

massoluk

Banned
I don't have noel, hermes, or gabriel. My water team is quite weak frankly.

I'm thinking of trying Goemon Legend with

Fire Drall - Leader
Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran
Water Mech Warrior Midgard
Crystal Aurora Dragon
Siren, the Enchanger - maxed skill

+Gabriel

This should give me 20k HP and more than 2k RCV with fire/wood resist and midgard/siren insurance.

Does this seem plausible to you guys? Or should I just skip him this time.

Jagernaut

I don't have noel, hermes, or gabriel. My water team is quite weak frankly.

I'm thinking of trying Goemon Legend with

Fire Drall - Leader
Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran
Water Mech Warrior Midgard
Crystal Aurora Dragon
Siren, the Enchanger - maxed skill

+Gabriel

This should give me 20k HP and more than 2k RCV with fire/wood resist and midgard/siren insurance.

Does this seem plausible to you guys? Or should I just skip him this time.

I think you should give it a try but Goemon is not a guaranteed drop on Legendary so don't spend too many stones on continues.

mercviper

Goemon get! 1-stone Legend clear with megalodran + flare drall leaders. I spent all week maxing out the skill on my megalodran and then pumping all the blue XP I had to get him to lvl 64 just for Goemon lol. I burned a stone on round 1 because I screwed up matching and was short by like, 5% on killing 3 of the ninja. :< Everything else was smooth sailing. I ran with Awoken Hera, Rainbow Keeper, Bowmore and Lilith WotN as my subs. Really safe and somewhat slow, but Hera always speed things up.

J0dy77

He was surprisingly easy. I was taking more damage then I should have with the ninjas but the bosses themselves are easy as long as you bring enough Rcv. I thought I was going to wipe when I got to Mitsuki on low health but she doesn't hit hard at all. Was able to delay and fill back up for zero stone clear.

Good luck everyone.

Edit: leaving my 53 Hernes up if it will help anyone.

I think I could pull of mythical with two sirens but might not have enough HP for the full team lockout and tanking recovery. Otherwise it's just staying ahead of the damage. Might have to give it a try.

after a full lockout I had 12k hp which allowed me to tank two hits. after the second hit enough Heart orbs dropped so I was able to heal back up to 12k.

Remember you can still collect heart orbs while you are locked out, you just don't get the bonus.

it seemed like I got locked out for between 1 (subs) and 3 (leaders) turns with Mitsuki, The Goemon lock did force me to use my free stone from today (I even had mech gaurdian's skill up, just a stupid mistake)

Avallon

I just evolved into this guy:

656.jpg

How do you make a viable one color team if there are going to be 4 useless colors on the board all the time?

mercviper

I just evolved into this guy:

656.jpg

How do you make a viable one color team if there are going to be 4 useless colors on the board all the time?

You orb change the useless ones when you need to. Also match as many of everything as you can to get more chances at dark orbs to fall. With a mono-color team you typically only need 1-2 matches on-color to kill stuff. Orb changers get you the damage that you need to kill bosses quickly.

Yup, agree with Merc. Generally, the two you want are Vampire (Heal->Dark) and CDK (Light->Dark). Both are 'farmable' (CDK is a special dungeon or a egg pull).

You basically with match your crap orbs paired with Dark.

Goemon get! 1-stone Legend clear with megalodran + flare drall leaders. I spent all week maxing out the skill on my megalodran and then pumping all the blue XP I had to get him to lvl 64 just for Goemon lol. I burned a stone on round 1 because I screwed up matching and was short by like, 5% on killing 3 of the ninja. :< Everything else was smooth sailing. I ran with Awoken Hera, Rainbow Keeper, Bowmore and Lilith WotN as my subs. Really safe and somewhat slow, but Hera always speed things up.

Merc, can I add you as a friend and use your Megalodron? I'm going to try a similar team in a little bit. I didn't see your ID # on the spreadsheet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom