• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Fuck, I did Goemon again with the same set up, screwed over by the first and Goemon himself this time, have to 3 stones it X(

Luckily he dropped. I guess that's a good news?

You pay 5 stones at the REM for a chance at decent monsters. Goemon is definitely better than decent.

Just because higher leveled teams can do it with 0 stones doesn't mean it's not worth spending stones to get the special dungeon monsters like Hera or Zeus or Goemon.

NineH

Does anyone have a 50+ Water Dominion Gabriel I can borrow for Goemon dungeon? all my friends have Luci up but I only have a noel team.

Phone@gaf

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If anyone have a slot open with a high level Gabriel up would be much appreciated....Tried with fully evolved twins Lvl 73 and a commerce deity Hermes Lvl 70 but just not enough recovery.

I'd 330 447 209

Got you added - hopefully you can get a run in before he disappears!

Also, Master Samurai Fire dragon is so easy with a Hours/Horus team. I love it. I still don't think I have the levels to tackle Legend though. HP is the biggest issue.

SaintR

Got you added - hopefully you can get a run in before he disappears!

Also, Master Samurai Fire dragon is so easy with a Hours/Horus team. I love it. I still don't think I have the levels to tackle Legend though. HP is the biggest issue.

Thanks for the add...ran but he dropped a chest.....I'm going to burn a stone and run it again

Does anyone know how the counterattack mechanics work? The main thing I am wondering if if player resistances effect the counterattack damage calculation. So, if Goemon hits me for 20k, but I reduce it to 5k, do I counterattack at 3 X 20k = 60k or at 3 X 5k = 15k? Also, what happens if I am invulnerable against a certain type of damage (such as fire)? Does the damage which never occurred still get reflected?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the add...ran but he dropped a chest.....I'm going to burn a stone and run it again

Sure thing. And my first run was also a chest. I was short on money, so 100k was nice...But Goemon would have been nice. He dropped on my second clear, though.

Also! Finally max skilled my Duke. That was miserable...Farming the little baddies, purple sperms, leveling the little dudes to evolve them to baddies, and feeding them to Duke ate a LOT more stamina than I wanted. But it's done.

linsivvi

Does anyone know how the counterattack mechanics work? The main thing I am wondering if if player resistances effect the counterattack damage calculation. So, if Goemon hits me for 20k, but I reduce it to 5k, do I counterattack at 3 X 20k = 60k or at 3 X 5k = 15k? Also, what happens if I am invulnerable against a certain type of damage (such as fire)? Does the damage which never occurred still get reflected?

I have Amon and Ice Guardian on my blue team so I've been observing this for a while. Pretty sure it's restricted to the amount of damage you take so it's the later case.

Jagernaut

I couldn't get a single mystic mask to drop in the Wednesday dungeon, ran Sea God of Heaven today and got 2 mystic masks in 1 run. I added Goemon to my wood team, popped his skill and then ADK and Freyja's skills to crush Neptune's defense. Finally evolved to Red Giant Gigas and Heroic Noble Wolf King Cu Chulain.

massoluk

Banned
I'm not a fan of weekends when the weekend dungeon doesn't have 1.5 or 2x coins.

I'm a fan of this weekend, it's a good breather for me after Thursday and yesterday. So many stockpile of craps to evolve/power-up/get rid off. No immediate dungeon to waste stamina on. :p

Seriously, Gungho, don't you fucking pull these craps on me again >=|

massoluk

Banned
Anyone got a light Minerva? try Shingen on Legend, but only have one really low level on my list.

I put mine up but she is not that high level though. What is your id? I have exactly one spot left in my friend list

Edit: lol, you're already in my list.I guess you're talking about me in the first place:)

lenni

I put mine up but she is not that high level though. What is your id? I have exactly one spot left in my friend list

Edit: lol, you're already in my list.I guess you're talking about me in the first place:)

I used yours for master, but I wouldn't reach the necessary HP for legend with her.
But thanks! It's really easy to do Shingen with a light Minerva. :)

My luck in this game...is almost unbelievably atrocious. I have never gotten a "major" drop yet, in all my runs. Here are estimates on the numbers of runs I have done:

Misc. Dragon runs on Intermediate (2% drop) ~ 10
Misc. Dragon runs on Expert (5% drop) ~ 25
Misc. Dragon runs on Expert with 2x drop bonus (10% drop) ~ 6
Misc. Dragon runs on Master (40% drop) ~ 2
Goemon Legendary (40% drop) - 1
Misc. Dragon runs on Master with 2x drop bonus (80% drop) - 1

AND NO DROPS! I'm beginning to wonder if there is something actually wrong with my game. I don't know how to calculate odds, but this just seems very off to me.

Especially mad right now because I just attempted Samurai dragon on 2x bonus and it didn't drop. Wtf? By the way, whoever has amaterasu maxed and up, thanks! That made the run super easy.

Edit: It was Merc with the Amaterasu up, thanks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My luck in this game...is almost unbelievably atrocious. I have never gotten a "major" drop yet, in all my runs. Here are estimates on the numbers of runs I have done:

Misc. Dragon runs on Intermediate (2% drop) ~ 10
Misc. Dragon runs on Expert (5% drop) ~ 25
Misc. Dragon runs on Expert with 2x drop bonus (10% drop) ~ 6
Misc. Dragon runs on Master (40% drop) ~ 2
Goemon Legendary (40% drop) - 1
Misc. Dragon runs on Master with 2x drop bonus (80% drop) - 1

AND NO DROPS! I'm beginning to wonder if there is something actually wrong with my game. I don't know how to calculate odds, but this just seems very off to me.

Especially mad right now because I just attempted Samurai dragon on 2x bonus and it didn't drop. Wtf? By the way, whoever has amaterasu maxed and up, thanks! That made the run super easy.

Edit: It was Merc with the Amaterasu up, thanks.

Some folks ran Goemon 8 times with no drop. RNG is RNG. It totally sucks, I agree. But, sadly, it happens.

I've run Master fire dude 3 times now. Two drops when it wasn't on 2x, no drop when it was. Go figure. :p

OTIX

Is there any dungeon where the ninjas could potentially be useful? I'd like to get rid of them but there's so few places to get them.

Kreed

What's the typical Goemon team?

Most Goemon teams like the one in the video below show players using at least one Red Giant Gigas because of it's high negative recovery stat. This is to make sure that that once your hp gets below 20% and Goemon's leader skill activates, you won't be in danger of accidentally healing past that mark and can keep your 5x attack boost for you (and your friend's) Goemon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bP_2T5ecqi4#t=410s

Other optional team members include red orb/physical attack multipliers like Horus and the new blue slime evolution, orb changers for red orbs (Gigas, Mystic Red Knight), Echidna/Orochi, and Gravity Users.

Jagernaut

Goemon
Red Giant Gigas - max skill
Horus or Phoenix
Freyr or King Blue slime (burst damage) or Echidna (delay)
Goemon

SaintR

Sure thing. And my first run was also a chest. I was short on money, so 100k was nice...But Goemon would have been nice. He dropped on my second clear, though.

Also! Finally max skilled my Duke. That was miserable...Farming the little baddies, purple sperms, leveling the little dudes to evolve them to baddies, and feeding them to Duke ate a LOT more stamina than I wanted. But it's done.
I ran it 6 times, and like stated above some monster are worth using stones, unfortunately RNG going RNG and I got no drops. Wasted too many stones which hurt but that's RNG revenge for me have a good godfest and btw is it me( I probably missed the discussion) but the samurai dragons are exceptional.

J0dy77

Goemon
Horus or Phoenix
Freyr or King Blue slime (burst damage) or Echidna (delay)
Goemon

My only problem with the slimed are the brutal stats that accompany them. They'd be really strong if there stats were bumped a bit.

Skye

Speaking of Gigas, is Tower of Giants 4 or 5 better for farming Titans? Or is the drop rate so abysmal that it doesn't matter?

For skill ups, where's the best place to farm Samurai Goblins?

xCobalt

Speaking of Gigas, is Tower of Giants 4 or 5 better for farming Titans? Or is the drop rate so abysmal that it doesn't matter?

For skill ups, where's the best place to farm Samurai Goblins?

I decided to farm for Titan today and got it to drop on the fourth floor. Took about 20 runs or so. It's relatively decent exp and you get some dragon plants out of it.

Also, Clash of Clans collab is coming tonight at midnight PST. Some of the monsters are decent. One of them has 0 rcv which will help in my upcoming Goemon team.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=438

If anyone could log in and throw up an amaterasu would be much appreciated. After whiffing on the 80% chance earlier today I'd like to at least get another attempt started before bed.

Edit: Got it, thanks Kenny.

And I got the drop! Finally!!!

What the heck do we do with these cat things?

Clash of Clans collab dungeon is a technical dungeon with four difficulty levels (Adept/Expert/Master/Legend) and seven floors (except for adept which has 5).

PEKKA is a rare appearance at all difficulties and will drop 100% of the time if you meet him. You get 6 turns to do 31 damage (he has 60k defense) otherwise he nukes you for 80k.

Do watch out for the goblins; they have a 1cd timerand 60k defense and will frequently jam water orbs on the board.

Here's a tubegameplayer vid of him Horusing through it I guess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d4JwNAzlO8

Splat

I decided to farm for Titan today and got it to drop on the fourth floor. Took about 20 runs or so. It's relatively decent exp and you get some dragon plants out of it.

Also, Clash of Clans collab is coming tonight at midnight PST. Some of the monsters are decent. One of them has 0 rcv which will help in my upcoming Goemon team.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=438

I think im probably near 200 runs of floor 4, no drop :(

linsivvi

So I got the red sky dragon to drop and finished the dungeon for a stone. This dragon looks worthless....Amyone use him?

I am wondering too. It was my first attempt at a master level dungeon and managed to get the drop so I am not complaining, but it seems like the dragon will be there collecting dust.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I got the red sky dragon to drop and finished the dungeon for a stone. This dragon looks worthless....Amyone use him?

Sky dragon? They are trophy monsters IMHO. The samurai dragons, however, are quite decent. Not amazing, but fine subs if you need one.

I know, i was just wondering if the infos Cosmo Clock 21 gave were accurate, i'm already planing my team and 60K def is easy to bypass, 600k on the other hand... I'll probably use poison anyway :D
I was kind of thinking odin and hades dark resist team. Whittle away the hp. You could also do a mono red team containing echidna...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom