• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I broke the game or something.

image.jpg

Is there speculation as to the percentage at which an extra rare (or "invasion") monster appears in a dungeon? I'd love to get the phoenix from air dragon, but I'm having a feeling it is just not worth running the dungeon just for this.

StMeph

Is there speculation as to the percentage at which an extra rare (or "invasion") monster appears in a dungeon? I'd love to get the phoenix from air dragon, but I'm having a feeling it is just not worth running the dungeon just for this.

Really rare. Something like 1-2%.

And the 2x drop rate doesn't affect their appearance, because their drops are already 100%. Its appearance is the rare event.

damn you guys have had some luck today! Been out all weekend.

Just a reminder : I'll be gone from July 5th to July 15th. Limited internet on the honeymoon :D i'll check in when i can.

Wow! Just had this run in ocean of heaven.

Edit: Ha! Just saw rock steady's post. Good day for farming on GAF.

And I got a vampire! Everybody's happy!

Edit: So is this CoC event in the place of a rotating dragon this week, or is a new dragon coming?

Oh yeah, in skimming, missed the honeymoon reference. Congrats on wedding / honeymoon!

Abandond

Man running double horus is fun but I tend to fuck up quite a bit and just die in a hit.

It's fine though since I have more than enough stamina to level me up to compensate for multiple fuck ups I guess.

Ran Sky Dragon like four more times with no Naga, qq.

Edit: Can anyone put an Ohkami up? One Sky Dragon attempt left.

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 23 Jun Update

- Technical Dungeon enemy skills have been reviewed.
- The monster skill details in the sub dungeon pages will no longer be displayed in a mouseover. They will now be displayed under the skill name; clicking [+] will display more information and clicking "..." will display detailed information.
- You can expand all sections by clicking "toggle all skills"
- Each skill has an appropriate icon to differentiate them from each other.
- Related Youtube links are added at all high level sub dungeon pages.
- CoC Monsters are added to the simulator.
- Member Collection cap is increased to 90.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=438

J0dy77

Man running double horus is fun but I tend to fuck up quite a bit and just die in a hit.

It's fine though since I have more than enough stamina to level me up to compensate for multiple fuck ups I guess.

Ran Sky Dragon like four more times with no Naga, qq.

Edit: Can anyone put an Ohkami up? One Sky Dragon attempt left.

You'll get the hang of it, keep practicing. The biggest hurdle for now is that your mobs are under leveled and can't tank any hits. Once your team HP starts to eclipse 15k it gets easier. Also, run normal dungeons with Isis friends. The 12x damage is enough to kill anything you'll face and the 3x damage when you don't match 4 allows you to control your damage. This can allow you to kill one or two mobs and stall on another. Horus/Horus is more of an all or nothing team.

J0dy77

So I was eager to see some new mobs with the clash of clans dungeon and then this happens.

irVNQmVl.jpg
z9F1k0dl.jpg

And FYI, master level was a joke for the dungeon. Ran Horus Isis and never even came close to a threat.

Wanchan

I don't have this issue, i received a 10 files update when i started the game this morning but i'm not using the nexus4/galaxy S3 fix version but the one just before, maybe they fucked up something with the "fixed" version.

J0dy77

I don't have this issue, i received a 10 files update when i started the game this morning but i'm not using the nexus4/galaxy S3 fix version but the one just before, maybe they fucked up something with the "fixed" version.

I'm on an iPhone, never got an update after the last release. I'm just assuming that the artwork wasn't updated. Probably have to wait for the update to come through.

Edit: just reset the app and got 207 download item update.

I must have run ocean of heaven final stage 20 times over this weekend. Not a single mystic mask or metal king. I did get about 10 + eggs though.

Got through CoC legend. Got the lower healer drop, high light, high green, and low red monster drops ( and the dragon). I guess I'll be going through this looking for PEKKA, since I only have Thor.

Is the CoC healer decent for a healer girl team? I've already got every other lady, and working on my second echidna and siren. At least now I have a Valk, shame I couldn't Evo her...

massoluk

Banned
Looks like a bunch of skill up feeder for monsters I don't have, I'll pass them this time. My box is too full as it is from Pengdras village

ParityBit

Thanks guys...just don't drop me!

Sooo what is the point of these CoC monsters...skill ups at their higher form or are they actually useful as subs?

Congrats man! Man you and your wife have many Marine Riders in your future!

And I would never drop you! Haha. Who better to share my misery with!

Kreed

Thanks guys...just don't drop me!

Sooo what is the point of these CoC monsters...skill ups at their higher form or are they actually useful as subs?

I would think the Barbarian, Goblin, and Archer would also be useful in combination with the ultimate forms of Tyrannos, Brachys, and Pterados as "poor man's" versions of Freyr, Freyja, and Thor for mono color teams.

OTIX

I would think the Barbarian, Goblin, and Archer would also be useful in combination with the ultimate forms of Tyrannos, Brachys, and Pterados as "poor man's" versions of Freyr, Freyja, and Thor for mono color teams.
I'd rather use the new slimes. Their stats are not as good but their skills are way better and they are much cheaper to max out.

J0dy77

I guess this could be a rather decent Goemon team. Both Titans and echidna are max skilled. Now I "only" need 18 million xp... :(

That's what I'm going to run but replace the Phoenix with Horus. Outside of the not touched goemon and Titan I have everything else high level just need to find the exp.

Alright I got my P.E.K.K.A.!

Everything else is cake to get, so I'm happy.

What's the pekka? And why do we want one?

That's what I'm going to run but replace the Phoenix with Horus. Outside of the not touched goemon and Titan I have everything else high level just need to find the exp.

Good stats, okay active, Resolve monster in a color that didnt have one until now

raiot

Don't get me started on Horus... or Ra... any of those 2 would do! I have the PERFECT RA or Horus Team, I just don't have the Leaders for it.

You want a Pekka because he is a Dark Resolve (70%) Leader, and his Max Stats are: 30xx Life, 15xx Dmg, 0 RCV. And his active skill is: Deal 20x dmg and gain life on a 20 round cooldown. He is a Great sub for those who dont have a Dark Ceres.
You can then use Morningstar, Pekka dmg and heal, Morningstar in one round.

What do people think of that CoC dragon? It seems like max level it's not bad, especially for 20 cost.

I went into the master dungeon with Odin / Siren team, my usual zombie "should be easy enough" team, and got it handed to me by the dragon at the end. I didn't realize that the flame breath (7k attack) was a multihitter, and couldn't come close to healing through it. Never would have taken Odin if I had known this was the case. Now I'll have to come up with some other strategy for this place...I don't have a crazy high damage glass cannon team like you guys, so that won't work. Maybe light minerva / siren leaders, but the damage output could still be pretty devastating to that team.

Well I came up with an idea: lucifer team with hades and blue ripper subs. This allows me to burn him down to 80k hp in the first hit. Then I pop echidna. Only issue is doing that 80k hp right after, because it is doubtful I would survive otherwise.

Edit: also, I don't have ADK. I only started about a month ago and am missing some pretty essential monsters like him. There hasn't been a place to farm him since I started.

What do people think of that CoC dragon? It seems like max level it's not bad, especially for 20 cost.

I went into the master dungeon with Odin / Siren team, my usual zombie "should be easy enough" team, and got it handed to me by the dragon at the end. I didn't realize that the flame breath (7k attack) was a multihitter, and couldn't come close to burning through it. Never would have taken Odin if I had known this was the case. Now I'll have to come up with some other strategy for this place...I don't have a crazy high damage glass cannon team like you guys, so that won't work. Maybe light minerva / siren leaders, but the damage output could still be pretty devastating to that team.

ADK team? Should be able to do the trick.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've got to say...I'm really enjoying my Gabriel team I put together for Goemon. Once I evolve my Fenrir Knight this week and pump some more levels into the monsters, I think it'll be a formidable beast. Paired with a Hermes/Gabriel/I&I, I can stack ~40k HP and wreck fire monsters. I need to max skill Fenrir and eventually get an Orochi to replace my random blue sub (next fest where he's an option, I'm rolling like mad), but otherwise, it's beast.

My fire team is also coming together. I'm working on putting together a Goemon team, but I need to max skill my Flame Knights and my Titans. I have a Red Golem that I might throw in there in order to help with resisting damage, but I'm not sure.

On top of that, my Devil team has some potential. Astaroth/AHera/King Baddie/Duke (slvl max)/Evil Ceres with a good sub seems like a pretty strong team. I need Astaroth to evolve though...She's sitting at max level just waiting for keepers.

My healer team is fine, but I really need a King Shynee. Too bad it takes a King Gold to make. Otherwise, it's Rose Valk/Echidna/Siren/Lillith/??? paired with another Rose Valk. I've been using either another Siren or RK depending on the demands of the dungeon.

My Horus team is a mixed bag. I've just got a team of my stronger monsters in there with orb changing skills. I know there are some super legit Horus teams out there, but without Orochi, I don't think I can really rely on him to take on the hard stuff. I want my Goemon team to make strides so I can deal with Zeus when he comes around.

Looking to pump about 18 evolved red pendgras into my red monsters but I'm just not sure what direction to take. My usual red team is:

War Deity Ares (74)
Shiva the Destroyer (56)
Phoenix Knight Homura (53)
Echidna the Red Empress (51)
Gigas (53)

I also have:
Ardberg (51)
War Deity Saint Minerva (30)
6* Goemon (5)
Shingen (6)
5* Freyr (5)
Flare Drall (40)

Suggestions?

So....I'm still in the middle of Goemon mythical. Anybody have any tips on how to handle the last two stages with a lucifer team? Subs are Hera, Hera, Neptune, rainbow keeper.

StMeph

Looking to pump about 18 evolved red pendgras into my red monsters but I'm just not sure what direction to take. My usual red team is:

War Deity Ares (74)
Shiva the Destroyer (56)
Phoenix Knight Homura (53)
Echidna the Red Empress (51)
Gigas (53)

I also have:
Ardberg (51)
War Deity Saint Minerva (30)
6* Goemon (5)
Shingen (6)
5* Freyr (5)
Flare Drall (40)

Suggestions?

That's actually the foundation for two different red teams. The problem is that Goemon reds want a fully evolved Gigas with as little RCV total as possible, so you will actually need 2-3 Titans total.

The first one is fine, with Ares leader and Shiva/Echidna/Homura/Titan. Pretty standard.

Goemon will want Freyr for the +50% damage burst for sure, as well as two fully evolved Gigas. Horus would be a great addition, but if no Horus, Echidna or Ares should be fine. Ares for his monster HP/ATK and 0 RCV, and Echidna for stalling, depending on need for the last spot.

So: Goemon leader and Freyr/Gigas/Gigas/Echidna or Ares.

mercviper

So....I'm still in the middle of Goemon mythical. Anybody have any tips on how to handle the last two stages with a lucifer team? Subs are Hera, Hera, Neptune, rainbow keeper.

Well you got past the hard part. Use rainbow keeper on Goemon's second turn to not die in case both lucifers get bound. And make sure you're healthy going into Goemon because his first attack hits hard. Mitsuki is pretty straight forward. She'll bind Neptune on her first turn and then just attack, hitting harder when she's below 20%.

Thanks for the replies on my red team. Looks like I have some options:

1 - If I want to strengthen my current team then it seems Ares, Echidna, or Gigas would make the most sense since they are in the Goemon team as well.

2 - If I want to work towards the Goemon team, I will have to do the three mentioned above (and try to get at least one more Titan) as well as working on Goemon and Freyr.

I am leaning towards doing #1 but we'll see how red dragon hunting goes today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom