• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

Man that CoC dungeon is no joke lol. I underestimated it heavily and died twice on master because I was on autopilot. For legend I went with a safer team of Amaterasu + Light Minerva and still almost died because I didn't realize until after I encountered them that I only had 100 more HP than was required to tank the Berserker's extra damage skill (after resists) I lucked out and only ran into it with a goblin companion so I just dealt with him after killing the annoying goblin.

massoluk

Banned
I understimated CoC Legend. ;_;

Look it up, thought I could steamroll them with Light Resist and Ama. Got careless and die by some random monster on 3 or 4th round. Well, good bye 50 stamina.

Well you got past the hard part. Use rainbow keeper on Goemon's second turn to not die in case both lucifers get bound. And make sure you're healthy going into Goemon because his first attack hits hard. Mitsuki is pretty straight forward. She'll bind Neptune on her first turn and then just attack, hitting harder when she's below 20%.
Thanks for the help. Zero stones! I literally pulled out a ruler to figure out if Goemon's health was low enough for that final gravity-gravity-morning star-morning star combo. The only trouble was keeping up with healing since I had no heart changer. Other than that the first three stages were by far the hardest part. Which I was not expecting and almost cost me a stone a few times.

Now I have to deal with finding all the evo mats without 2x drop. Should be fun...

xCobalt

Legend doesn't look too terrible with my Gabriel team. 40k HP with 2x RCV? What's the hardest hitting monster in there?

I had a bit of trouble with just 2x RCV. 0 stoned it but it was close. It's not just one particular monster but the entire dungeon. The goblins and the barbarians can be rather annoying. I ran a mono water team with Noel and Hermes as leader.

Wanchan

Went with my fire team :

Ares evolved 57
Red Giant Gigas 46
Freyr evolved 1 (lol)
Phoenix Homura 1 (lolol)
Minerva Evolved 45
Uriel Evolved 68 (friend)

And steamrolled legend.

Wanchan

Lucky runs tonight, 8 red kings in 4 runs, RNG is so fucking weird in this game...so i decided to evolve my Goemon, i have no stamina left but i can't wait to try it!

So, I just looked at the details for the CoC collab monsters. It doesn't look like there's anything worth farming to me, so I guess I'll just get the complete stone and be done with it. Maybe if the skill-up mobs didn't need to be evolve, it might be worth it, but nope. I would've preferred skill-ups for almost any of the other God groups. The Norse gods have some of the worst active skills to skill-up amongst the Gods. The only weaker group is probably the Egyptians.

lordcyno

So, I just looked at the details for the CoC collab monsters. It doesn't look like there's anything worth farming to me, so I guess I'll just get the complete stone and be done with it. Maybe if the skill-up mobs didn't need to be evolve, it might be worth it, but nope. I would've preferred skill-ups for almost any of the other God groups. The Norse gods have some of the worst active skills to skill-up amongst the Gods. The only weaker group is probably the Egyptians.

Floors 3 and 5 drop the evolved versions I believe.

DrTeflon

Didnt read thr whole OP so I decided to do a special dungeon today. Almost died at the boss and didnt dropped anything useful, at least I gained a level so thats ok I guess lol

agreed. I only have Thor and don't even use him. Any of the other god upgrades would have been excellent. My guess is the skills are too rare and we probably won't see upgrades for Shiva, Orchi, Neptune, Hades, etc.

Oh. I was just thinking about the Egyptian gods' active skills, and realized something. Don't know if it's been posted before, but all of the new Devils like Amon, Baal, Astaroth, and Belial have the same counterattack active skills that pertain to their own element. The only oddball is Fallen/Archdemon Lucifer whose active skill breaks the pattern. Well, Anubis' active skill completes the 5 element set of counterattack skills. It even has the same naming convention, with Anubis' skill being called "Curse of Darkness." That makes Anubis an awesome option to use on Dual Lucifer teams! I now have a reason to level-up my Anubis! The only inconsistency is Anubis is a God, not a Devil. So, Anubis wouldn't benefit from any of those Devils' leader skills.

ccbfan

What difficulty is the best to run for PEKKA. I already completed all the difficulties and its pretty much th last thing I need from this.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What difficulty is the best to run for PEKKA. I already completed all the difficulties and its pretty much th last thing I need from this.

He drops on any difficulty. So really, whatever is easiest to farm. More battles means more chances to encounter him, though.

Oh. I was just thinking about the Egyptian gods' active skills, and realized something. Don't know if it's been posted before, but all of the new Devils like Amon, Baal, Astaroth, and Belial have the same counterattack active skills that pertain to their own element. The only oddball is Fallen/Archdemon Lucifer whose active skill breaks the pattern. Well, Anubis' active skill completes the 5 element set of counterattack skills. It even has the same naming convention, with Anubis' skill being called "Curse of Darkness." That makes Anubis an awesome option to use on Dual Lucifer teams! I now have a reason to level-up my Anubis! The only inconsistency is Anubis is a God, not a Devil. So, Anubis wouldn't benefit from any of those Devils' leader skills.
Well SoD lucifer affects all dark so he'll work on that team. But I only realized recently that Archdemon Lucifer can basically function like Loki as a leader, since lots of the best dark monsters are devils. I picked him up randomly last 'fest so I may level him up soon. It does leave out CDK though. They really need to add a leader with 2x ATK/HP for dark monsters soon.

On a different note I don't know how worth it it is to level Goemon right now. I have a max level, max skill Gigas and I held onto my last Titan. But I'm still very far away from the recommended team. To go all out, I would still need another Titan to leave low level and about 10 million exp for the two of them alone. Then there's Goemon to level up and the rest of my red team. There just isn't enough red exp to go around.

Yeah. For Light, too. Don't know why Apollo and Persephone have Indian leader skills.

It's cause the light/dark Indian gods didn't have 1.5x All skills, so they had to make up for them with the Greeks. Which also implies they're going to have yet another leader skill split down the line for some yet-to-be-determined pantheon.

also check out this hot new PAD tech that just debuted in the Hera-Urz dungeon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=52N7A86U7Fc#t=8460s

It's cause the light/dark Indian gods didn't have 1.5x All skills, so they had to make up for them with the Greeks. Which also implies they're going to have yet another leader skill split down the line for some yet-to-be-determined pantheon.

also check out this hot new PAD tech that just debuted in the Hera-Urz dungeon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=52N7A86U7Fc#t=8460s
I wondered how GungHo would represent the inevitable dual-colored enemies. So, you go through half a life bar at a time, instead of the monster being weak/strong to both elements simultaneously.

lol. I have no fucking idea what is going on in this show.

Is it really 3+ hours of watching someone very slowly play PAD? hahah

Max Murai is the People's Hero and I will not have you besmirch his name

(because JP players get free magic stones depending on how few stones he spends clearing the Descended dungeon)

EDIT: Cleared the GAF friends spreadsheet since it's been a while and lurkers probably quit. PAD also now accepts commas when typing in the friend ID so that's there now
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOCApI3pSVRdC0wWHQ3X2F5MnB6LWNNQUJJWG9Tb0E#gid=3

Limit

lol. I have no fucking idea what is going on in this show.

Is it really 3+ hours of watching someone very slowly play PAD? hahah

Yeah, is this an internet show? Because 3 hours of broadcast television solely dedicated to one game, Puzzle and Dragons at that, is nuts.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Time to get back into Puzzle & Dragons. Stopped at level 65 and got addicted to Marvel: War of Heroes, which has occupied a lot of my free time.

raiot

Time to get back into Puzzle & Dragons. Stopped at level 65 and got addicted to Marvel: War of Heroes, which has occupied a lot of my free time.

You work for GungHo?
So... we need a NeoGAF dungeon at PaD:
Example Monster:

Bishoptl
Active Skill: Hammer of Bish, prevents enemys to attack you for 5 Turns (skills up Viper)

:)

So I'm fairly new to the game and all...just want to ask:

Is the IAP for magic stones/rare egg machine roll chances actually worth it?
Also, is there any benefit to clearing more normal dungeons, or should I spend more time grinding/farming instead? (outside of the special and tech dungeons.)

Limit

You work for GungHo?
So... we need a NeoGAF dungeon at PaD:
Example Monster:

Bishoptl
Active Skill: Hammer of Bish, prevents enemys to attack you for 5 Turns (skills up Viper)

:)

Forget Neogaf dungeon we need a neogaf god monster.

Skill: (Hype Train): Convert every enemy monster in field to King Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dragon
Leader Skill: (Please Understand): For next 5 turns each kill yields a magic stone.

raiot

Forget Neogaf dungeon we need a neogaf god monster.

Skill: (Hype Train): Convert every enemy monster in field to King Metal/Gold/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Dragon
Leader Skill: (Please Understand): For next 5 turns each kill yields a magic stone.

I think you don't understand the definition of the hype train.
Hype Train has to be the LEADER Skill.
It converts every Monster in the Dungeon into Super Metal Kings, but prevents everything from dropping anything besides treasure chests. Have fun with your 10 gold! :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Also, is there any benefit to clearing more normal dungeons, or should I spend more time grinding/farming instead? (outside of the special and tech dungeons.)

During a Godfest, REM is fine to pull if you're sure you want to be an IAP player. Otherwise , don't touch the machine.

Also, cleaning normal dungeons gives you access to certain rare monsters (Siren and Naga immediately come to mind). And the free stone for first clear.

Unrelated, I did a Blue Keeper run so I could evolve my Fenrir...Got a Dark Keeper as well so I could evolve Astaroth! Amazing first run!

Rekwest

(because JP players get free magic stones depending on how few stones he spends clearing the Descended dungeon)

EDIT: Cleared the GAF friends spreadsheet since it's been a while and lurkers probably quit. PAD also now accepts commas when typing in the friend ID so that's there now
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOCApI3pSVRdC0wWHQ3X2F5MnB6LWNNQUJJWG9Tb0E#gid=3

Add miself some one delet me.lol

J0dy77

Seeing an evolved Barbarian and a Gobbo on the same floor is like the worst thing, argh

I had this exact thing happen this morning on legend, 50 stamina gone. Also the pad database is wron on legend difficulty. The evolved yellow warriors have a ton of defense, with a goblin and yellow on the same board you're pretty much done.

What is everyone using to clear legend? Wondering if I should try mono blue or stick with Horus and I just got unlucky with the combo of mobs?

I had this exact thing happen this morning on legend, 50 stamina gone. Also the pad database is wron on legend difficulty. The evolved yellow warriors have a ton of defense, with a goblin and yellow on the same board you're pretty much done.

What is everyone using to clear legend? Wondering if I should try mono blue or stick with Horus and I just got unlucky with the combo of mobs?

i tried Ra/Horus and got murdered, just couldn't get through the defense. I'll try mono-blue with Gabe/Hermes later and see how that works. Should be able to tank my way through.

Everybody will tell you that you're better off spending your stones on box expansions and (after you get to rank 100+) stamina refills, which is the correct course of action in most instances, but then we go and pay tribute to the golden demon during Godfests anyways.

raiot

Hm, I dont know, I have absolutly ZERO problems with legends.
I go in with a SOD Lucifer Team and have a max skill Lillith with me.
I just make sure to charge her the first round or every time I use her and the rest of the Dungeon gets trivial

Dispatch

I have a four star Plesios and a four star Sea Serpent ready to evolve but only have the materials for one. Which one should I evolve?

I'm leaning towards the Plesios for the eventual ultimate evolution, though that would be a long way off for me.

linsivvi

I have a four star Plesios and a four star Sea Serpent ready to evolve but only have the materials for one. Which one should I evolve?

I'm leaning towards the Plesios for the eventual ultimate evolution, though that would be a long way off for me.

Well you can farm Rainbow keeper with a healer and a Odin friend. You can farm Dub-mythlit and Mystic Mask with a resolve team, so it's not necessarily a long way off.

BlueSteel

Plesios. I don't think I"ve ever used leviathan.

Wanchan

Couldn't clear it with my egyptian team either, too much def, not enough hp/rcv, it's way easier with a mono blue/dark team.

StMeph

Everybody will tell you that you're better off spending your stones on box expansions and (after you get to rank 100+) stamina refills, which is the correct course of action in most instances, but then we go and pay tribute to the golden demon during Godfests anyways.

Worth it? That's a tough call. The odds involved and the costs associated with getting good results are -- in my personal evaluation -- not worth it, in terms of value. Many people have been able to go far and clear special dungeons without spending any money. But several other posters in this thread have spent money on it, and fairly happily, too, so that's a personal decision.

You definitely need magic stones to play the game.

Early on, you spend them at the rare egg machine. Later, after getting to higher ranks, and, presumably farming some of the more farmable monsters that form staples like healers and magic knights, you have pretty clear ideas about what teams you have and what to build. Then stones tend to be needed for boxes to hold your growing collection and evolution materials. Refilling stamina is a spot decision if you want to retry or farm a limited-time event.

Part of GungHo's success, I think, is that they have provided more than enough magic stones through events for free players to continue progressing. It does mean that you have to spend more time in the beginning to reroll to ensure you have a top-tier monster, but it makes buying stones more of a shortcut -- more rolls, more stamina refills, more boxes. It is not necessary to buy stones to be able to clear all of the normally available dungeons or the special dungeons in game.

TimeKillr

It's crazy how this happens, really. This game is so stupidly popular in Japan...

Also re-adding myself to the list :)

StMeph

Wait, don't I have to get Icedragon Plesios to level 99 before I an evolve it?

Ultimate evolutions, no. Normal evolutions, yes.

The difference is that one is a formal evolution done through the Evo tab (normal), and the other is done through a power-up fusion with very specific monsters that cause a branching evolution option (ultimate).

Only normal requires Max level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom