• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few things I am working on right now. As far as evolves go, I want to get Gigas turned into Red Giant Gigas (ready and can actually do it, but I guess I should get two more Titans first). I am also working on Freyr and I&I (they are in their initial form right now) as well as getting Loki into his ultimate form (think I can do it but I need to prioritize).

Long story short, I need Mystic Masks. I decided to run the expert dungeon today and had one show up solo - great news! Got to the final stage and had the purple mask drop - bummer :(. What's the good, non-Wednesday dungeon to get these from again?

And next is dubmythlits...I only have two...

muu

I have a few things I am working on right now. As far as evolves go, I want to get Gigas turned into Red Giant Gigas (ready and can actually do it, but I guess I should get two more Titans first). I am also working on Freyr and I&I (they are in their initial form right now) as well as getting Loki into his ultimate form (think I can do it but I need to prioritize).

Long story short, I need Mystic Masks. I decided to run the expert dungeon today and had one show up solo - great news! Got to the final stage and had the purple mask drop - bummer :(. What's the good, non-Wednesday dungeon to get these from again?

And next is dubmythlits...I only have two...

I ran sea god of heaven all weekend and now I'm drowning in masks.

Heads up: next update in Japan will be changing Norse god active skills to last for more than one turn. Get them CoC skillup fodder farmed up.
Well damn. I guess I could've been farming them this whole time. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll have to cannibalize some unevolved Pengdra instead of waiting until Plant day. I'll want to be getting as many skill-up monsters as possible. And if we really are getting another 2x skill-up event starting Friday, even better.

Looking at the coming war dragon dungeons it seems they drop monsters which can skill up the ninjas. Neneko for Hatsume and Hamahime for Hanzo. Wonder how rare they will be. Doesn't really affect me since I don't have any ninjas but is nice if you have one.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Dk._War_Dragon
Nice. I have a Hanzo so hopefully that skill-up monster isn't too rare. The Water Shogun is another one of those high defense/low HP bosses, so it should be easy to farm.

Well that took a while.

F95KF83.png

Anyone have a high level ares they would like to put up for me?

I was stuck in the Endless Corridors, but I just put mine up.

Shit, just realized I didn't farm for any Keepers yesterday to evolve my CoC monsters, since I wasn't planning on doing any skill-ups before Cosmo mentioned the Norse skill upgrades. If I decide to proceed with farming for skill-ups, I'm gonna have to hold all those monsters until next week! Fuuuuu!!!!!

Hmm ... just thinking about why GungHo is beefing up the Norse active skills, and maybe it has to do with the King Slimes providing 3x ATK to a particular type. All of sudden 1.5x ATK from a God seems pretty wimpy. So, either increase the multiplier, duration, or both. And they went with increasing the duration.

This also allows a single activation of Freyr to span across 2 activations of both leader Goemons. Especially useful since a lot of tough dungeons have a sub-boss right before the final boss.

xCobalt

Hmm ... just thinking about why GungHo is beefing up the Norse active skills, and maybe it has to do with the King Slimes providing 3x ATK to a particular type. All of sudden 1.5x ATK from a God seems pretty wimpy. So, either increase the multiplier, duration, or both. And they went with increasing the duration.

This also allows a single activation of Freyr to span across 2 activations of both leader Goemons. Especially useful since a lot of tough dungeons have a sub-boss right before the final boss.

Where did you hear this? Anything else included in the next update?

Also I don't know if anybody here already figured this out but previous pipe dreams of slime+Norse actives leading to huge damage were dashed cause they don't actually stack :(
Well, that sucks.

That actually just reminded me of something else skill-related that I just realized while playing through the Endless Corridors. Resolve/Perseverance doesn't just allow you to survive a fatal blow with 1HP intact. It actually reduces the damage to your remaining health -1. I realized this when Anubis was dealing shitty counterattack damage to some of the bosses. For example, Hera hits for over 17K damage. With a 3x counterattack, I figured Anubis should've been hitting back for over 50K damage per turn. But it was only dealing around 14K damage per counterattack, which made sense after I realized Amaterasu was only healing me back to 4746HP. So every turn she attacked, Perseverance was reducing the damage to 4745HP, and Anubis' counterattack damage was calculated based on that. So, to maximize the counterattack damage while Anubis' skill was active, I would make an effort to match Hearts during those turns, so I would heal as much health as possible to allow Hera to deal more damage and thus reciprocate with even more counterattack damage.

Well, that sucks.

That actually just reminded me of something else skill-related that I just realized while playing through the Endless Corridors. Resolve/Perseverance doesn't just allow you to survive a fatal blow with 1HP intact. It actually reduces the damage to your remaining health -1. I realized this when Anubis was dealing shitty counterattack damage to some of the bosses. For example, Hera hits for over 17K damage. With a 3x counterattack, I figured Anubis should've been hitting back for over 50K damage per turn. But it was only dealing around 14K damage per counterattack, which made sense after I realized Amaterasu was only healing me back to 4746HP. So every turn she attacked, Perseverance was reducing the damage to 4745HP, and Anubis' counterattack damage was calculated based on that. So, to maximize the counterattack damage while Anubis' skill was active, I would make an effort to match Hearts during those turns, so I would heal as much health as possible to allow Hera to deal more damage and thus reciprocate with even more counterattack damage.

Well, that's too bad. I was planning on making a water mech / pekka leaders team once i get the pekka. This pretty much invalidates that option.

Aww yeah 5.4 (or 5.3.1) coming out in a day or two for Japan. Gonna have 70+ stones saved up to roll the Chinese/Japanese godfest then cry when the Chinese gods turn out to be shit and the Japanese busties end up being irrelevant

Also I guess they're introducing the Metatrons too?

Actually the Chinese gods might end up being pretty powerful... think Isis/Horus except with more restrictive color requirements in exchange for higher multiplier

EDIT: Mystic Knights in Castle of Satan is coming back in Japan too. That one US might actually get for this event.

Yaari

Those new Gods all sound really cool. I'll try my best not to spend a single stone until we get the update for the US version as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hera Descended on Friday along with event!

What's the event?

Also, I guess now would be a good time to farm Hera! I can maybe skill her up if I have my team in line to wreck shop. I'm going to spend stones today to stock up on Dragon Plants to clear my damn boxes of colored dragons. I also think I can get my devil team up once I have enough of my Dark Pengdras evolved.

Emalde

Came straight from the official Twitter.
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/349857216834174977

This is probably going to be in 5.4, not 5.3 (which reaaaaalllly didn't add much)

Also I don't know if anybody here already figured this out but previous pipe dreams of slime+Norse actives leading to huge damage were dashed cause they don't actually stack :(

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/130627skill.html

Norse Actives get an extra turn of duration upon activation, Zeus-Dios's limiter was increased to 80%. Dios is still terrible, but the Norse thing is pretty cool though.

No server maintenance notice either, which probably means it's 5.3.1, which is good for the US because it means we'll probably get the update late July rather than August.

J0dy77

Guess I'll get myself in that spreadsheet!

I made a huge mistake and tried Legend CoC with the wrong team. That's always the worst feeling when you go into a dungeon with the wrong setup. 50 stamina flushed away.

Took me 3 tries on Legend to clear it. The defense on most of the mobs is extremely high, hard to burn through. Best to go with 4x HP and 4x RCV.

I cleared it with a Mono Blue team but swapped out an extra siren for Echidna. The delay helps a ton with burning the defensive monsters. Very safe team.

Thanks TK for your Gabriel.

raiot

This damn coc dungeon keeps trollin me... I did around 18 legend runs now, got 2 evolved Barbarians and TONS of goblins and Archers.
The Problem? I don't have Freya or Freyr, only Thor.....

Took me 3 tries on Legend to clear it. The defense on most of the mobs is extremely high, hard to burn through. Best to go with 4x HP and 4x RCV.

I cleared it with a Mono Blue team but swapped out an extra siren for Echidna. The delay helps a ton with burning the defensive monsters. Very safe team.

Sorry about missing you're messages yesterday, if you guys need something put up quick, it's best to message me on GAF. I'm on here more than PAD lately

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I've been farming Legend with my mono-blue team. It's easy mode with the team I posted above. Gabrial/Noel leaders. I could do Gabriel/Gabriel if I had any on my list, but I don't. Otherwise, it's a joke of a dungeon. The only benefit to clearing it multiple times (outside of hoping for a PEKKA to show up) is that it gives great XP.

J0dy77

Sorry about missing you're messages yesterday, if you guys need something put up quick, it's best to message me on GAF. I'm on here more than PAD lately

No worries, I was out for most of the night and only got a chance to run it really late. I was lucky enough to get Pekka on the legend clear as well. I'll go back and clear the first two waves of the dungeon as soon as the Thursday dungeon stops trolling me.

lenni

http://pad.skyozora.com/news/58

So the ultimate evos for the toy dragons and Japanese Gods are only a stat boost. But as Kagutsuchi is getting dragon/attacker sub-type I'm pretty confident that one of the eventual Amaterasu ultimates will be healer type, which would be pretty nice!

And the magic stone dragons get a nice active paired with their leader skill:
Active: Make this monster the leader. On the next use it switches back.
Leader: 50% Resist against two elements (fire/dark or water/light or wood/dark or water/wood or fire/light)

Might be really useful for those dual element dungeons.

xCobalt

http://pad.skyozora.com/news/58

So the ultimate evos for the toy dragons and Japanese Gods are only a stat boost. But as Kagutsuchi is getting dragon/attacker sub-type I'm pretty confident that one of the eventual Amaterasu ultimates will be healer type, which would be pretty nice!

And the magic stone dragons get a nice active paired with their leader skill:
Active: Make this monster the leader. On the next use it switches back.
Leader: 50% Resist against two elements (fire/dark or water/light or wood/dark or water/wood or fire/light)

Might be really useful for those dual element dungeons.

What are the abilities for the new gods?

What are the abilities for the new gods?
Most of them have
Leader: 3.5x ATK for matching (insert three specific colors)
Active: Orb change board to (those colors)

The exception is Kirin Incarnate (I don't know her actual name just her title), who grants 5.0x ATK for attacking with all colors but Dark and has a 20% gravity as an active.

I'm a bit wary about them myself; Kirin in particular seems like a strictly better Horus at first glance but I think it's more accurate to compare her to Ra. They both get color screwed in almost the same situations, but Ra gets a way higher ATK boost if you go that extra stretch to make a dark orb match.

Haku, Byakko Incarnate (the Dark one) has a lot of potential because her 3.5x elements are Dk/Fr/Wt, which coincidentally happen to have both Echidna and Orochi.

Abandond

So what are the odds of Hera to last for more than a day? Also will I be able to kill her with SoD x 2 leaders + 3 RKs & Dub-mithlit?

So what are the odds of Hera to last for more than a day? Also will I be able to kill her with SoD x 2 leaders + 3 RKs & Dub-mithlit?
You have a shot but need to play carefully, because a lot of stuff there hits really hard and you do not want to advance a round without making sure you have plenty of Heart orbs to heal back from a Morningstar. Do you even have >100 team cost yet?

Descended dungeons never last for more than a day.

lenni

I'm kinda bummed by the Metatrons, though. The dark one seems good, but the light one is just...why?

Light one:
Active: Heal 6x your RCV
Leader: Healers get 3.5x ATK when HP is full

Dark one:
Active: Light and dark orb enhance
Leader: 4x ATK for attackers when below 80% HP

Is it advisable to farm multiple Heras during the event? I don't have any currently, though I do have one gravity user (hades).

Also, the team I am thinking of running is:
lvl 30-ish Underworld Arch Hades (L/D Resist)
lvl 30-ish Siren the Enchanter (hopefully max skill, got a bunch of goblins saved up)
lvl 35+ Red Empress Echidna
Rainbow Keeper
This slot will have to be an underleveled Lilith (not witch of the night)...not sure how to take Neptune without this.
Lvl Max friends Awoken Odin

Does this seem decent?

Edit: Actually I thought of another option instead of Lilith. If I bring an armor reducer (I don't have shiva, so it would have to be the white golem), I can armor reduce and then nuke neptune with hades/ odin to kill him. I expect almost no issues with hera due to the resistences of this team.

xCobalt

Is it advisable to farm multiple Heras during the event? I don't have any currently, though I do have one gravity user (hades).

Also, the team I am thinking of running is:
lvl 30-ish Underworld Arch Hades (L/D Resist)
lvl 30-ish Siren the Enchanter (hopefully max skill, got a bunch of goblins saved up)
lvl 35+ Red Empress Echidna
Rainbow Keeper
This slot will have to be an underleveled Lilith (not witch of the night)...not sure how to take Neptune without this.
Lvl Max friends Awoken Odin

Does this seem decent?

Edit: Actually I thought of another option instead of Lilith. If I bring an armor reducer (I don't have shiva, so it would have to be the white golem), I can armor reduce and then nuke neptune with hades/ odin to kill him. I expect almost no issues with hera due to the resistences of this team.

Seems like a pretty good setup. If you can max out Siren's ability and increase your overall level, it should be doable with a couple of stones.

Abandond

You have a shot but need to play carefully, because a lot of stuff there hits really hard and you do not want to advance a round without making sure you have plenty of Heart orbs to heal back from a Morningstar. Do you even have >100 team cost yet?

Descended dungeons never last for more than a day.
I am current at 105. I just need to get one more team cost and I can put in the dub with the SoD and 3 RKs.

Hades has better stats than Hera, so you only need to run Hera once to top off your Gigagravity team. You could always run the dungeon more times for skillups, of course.

Lumiere

Neo Member
if my
awful
chinese doesn't fail me. i believe that the chinese gods 3 skill colors are:

Fire - Fr, Wd, Lt
Dark - Dk, Fr, Wt
Wood - Wd, Lt, Dk
Light - Fr, Wt, Wd, Lt (for some reason this one has 4)
Water - Wt, Wd, Dk

Light has 4 elements but her multiplier is 5 instead of 3.5. Wonder why light only :O

On a different subject, I really don't like the art for the toy dragon busty forms, waaaay to much stuff going on in the artwork and they also don't look like toy dragons anymore :(

Have some probability calculations about how difficult it is to have a board that can proc your Egyptian/Chinese gods:
http://i.imgur.com/44AUgKb.png

In order it's Isis, Horus, monocolor teams, Sakuya, Ra. Not exactly applicable to real life PAD but it's a good starting point.

Horus/Sakuya could end up being a very powerful combination due to its ability to let Horus stall as well as relaxing the color requirements to put an Echidna on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom