• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an horrible luck for drops. Rank 38 and I don't have any "special" creature, except a initial Highlander, a Sylph and a Verche. I tried to farm a mermaid, a cupid or even a succubus without any luck. My only healer is a Topaz Carbuncle :(

Owzers

I have an horrible luck for drops. Rank 38 and I don't have any "special" creature, except a initial Highlander, a Sylph and a Verche. I tried to farm a mermaid, a cupid or even a succubus without any luck. My only healer is a Topaz Carbuncle :(

at this point my only chance is a lucky pull with the stones i accumulate....at least i have a couple healers on my friends list, that's a plus. Bad luck on sapphire dragons, will give it another chance when it comes up for the final time tonight, no kings so far Xo.

KuroNeeko

Thanks for the gift exchange, Gaspode!

I got a Ptera and Spinon (starter light and dark dragons.)

Not sure if they're any good, but Ptera looks like a bad-ass chicken so I'm happy! Good luck with your pulls!

Keep at it. Mermaids and Dryads drop from Pal Pulls as well so you may get lucky there. I got both my mermaid and dryad that way, though I accidentally sacced my Dryad during one fusion. :(

Sky Dragon of Dark should be the last set of Sky Dragon dungeons, and next week, assuming we follow Japan's schedule, we should see...
TmtSt.jpg

xCobalt

I think the only way I'll come close to beating those mechanical dragons is to have a zombie team. The wiki says the higher level dungeons have abilities and they're capable of dealing 300% their damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I have such a bad team, haha.

Vamp Lord lvl 26
Blood Demon lvl 46
Volcano Dragon lvl 25

They're my only static at the moment. I don't really have anything to help with healing or living in the crazy dungeons. Blah.

garath

Man, I have such a bad team, haha.

Vamp Lord lvl 26
Blood Demon lvl 46
Volcano Dragon lvl 25

They're my only static at the moment. I don't really have anything to help with healing or living in the crazy dungeons. Blah.

My teams worse! Level 20 Thor, level 20 something white knight, level 20 something evolved carbuncle. Lol.

Oops. Forgot my evolved starter dragon. He's maxed right now waiting for the Tues dungeon to evolve again.

Mashing

Ugh, 6 sta with half my EXP bar to go, sapphire and thursday dungeon fucked me.

Did manage to get 1 king, 1 high and 3 regular's though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My teams worse! Level 20 Thor, level 20 something white knight, level 20 something evolved carbuncle. Lol.

Oops. Forgot my evolved starter dragon. He's maxed right now waiting for the Tues dungeon to evolve again.

I don't feel as bad then. :p I got lucky with Vamp Lord, and Blood Demon. Problem is, when I'm going against Dark enemies, it's...tough...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Am I supposed to level up the Sapphire&King Sapphire dragons I got? Also, am I supposed to feed them to sth minor (like a carbuncle) first, or straight to my big monsters?

EDIT: Holy shitballs, the king gives 80k EXP?!? I must've gotten super lucky with that drop, wow.

Jinko

I don't feel as bad then. :p I got lucky with Vamp Lord, and Blood Demon. Problem is, when I'm going against Dark enemies, it's...tough...

Yea can be tough getting decent monsters, especially several teams, the good thing about dark and light monsters is they have no resist outside of defence.

Is there anyway to backup the data on an android?

Only if your device is rooted.

Bleh Metal dragons again

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/11/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

blackflag

Crazy woke up at 3am cuz i cant sleep. Played the Fri dungeon and got Dub-Mythlit. Spent a stone, did it again, and got another. Threw one on my team since the stats are sick. I don't think I need one yet for fusion but I'm sure I will.

ParityBit

Crazy woke up at 3am cuz i cant sleep. Played the Fri dungeon and got Dub-Mythlit. Spent a stone, did it again, and got another. Threw one on my team since the stats are sick. I don't think I need one yet for fusion but I'm sure I will.

That's great! My plan is to try and hunt the pieces I need to make my Siren into a 5*. I think I may start trying her out as a leader and demote my ADK. but that will hurt since my team is all dragon :(

I have all starter dragons except for the blue. I am thinking I may pass on trying to get it. I have all non-starter dragons except for the black. I may farm that at some point. This is why the ADK is important to my team. But maybe it is time to move on somewhat. I dunno.

Should I try to get the blue starter to complete the set?!

ParityBit

Well, since it is the light week for pulls, I restarted my game on my cell phone again. Been just taking a 4*+ for farm purposes.

My first pull after the tutorial I got Amaterasu! How nice. I guess I will stick with her on my phone and play for real now. Does she have a 6* evo in the US? Or is the 5* tops for now?

Shiryu

Neo Member
Bah, pulled twice and got a Pierdra (3* dark) and Shardra (3* water). There went 10 stones down the drain since it seems these creatures aren't even worth evolving.

Thinking of rerolling my iPad account though considering it's light week, and I have Cu Calhainn Spearman there. Not bad, but if I could get an Amaterasu...

By the way, does anyone know if it's worth having multiple lil' dragons? I have three white now (since I did sky dungeon of light) so I have one evolved into Holy Dragon (4*) but two unevolved lil' ones. What should I do with them?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bah, pulled twice and got a Pierdra (3* dark) and Shardra (3* water). There went 10 stones down the drain since it seems these creatures aren't even worth evolving.

Thinking of rerolling my iPad account though considering it's light week, and I have Cu Calhainn Spearman there. Not bad, but if I could get an Amaterasu...

By the way, does anyone know if it's worth having multiple lil' dragons? I have three white now (since I did sky dungeon of light) so I have one evolved into Holy Dragon (4*) but two unevolved lil' ones. What should I do with them?

I fed my extra Lil to the evolve form. I can't imagine it'd be worth having multiples, but I don't know.

xCobalt

Well, since it is the light week for pulls, I restarted my game on my cell phone again. Been just taking a 4*+ for farm purposes.

My first pull after the tutorial I got Amaterasu! How nice. I guess I will stick with her on my phone and play for real now. Does she have a 6* evo in the US? Or is the 5* tops for now?
She has a 6* in the US.

If you have the resources to spare, it doesn't hurt to have them. Even though they're duplicates, they probably have better stats than most monsters you can get. If you evolved them all to their final form, you would be dealing 120,000 damage to a dark monster with just their ability alone.

Jinko

Huh what ? When Shardra is fully evolved it will have a 50% reduction to water and fire that's pretty good in my book and is an orb changer to boot.

Which makes me wonder would that be 100% reduction if you had the same monster as a friend :S ?

ParityBit

For anyone rerolling today (or just interested in more info) go read this:

http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/118764-iphone-android-puzzle-dragons.html#post1783761

It has a lot of information on why certain starters are good/bad, and more information on all of the rare monsters (ie, those you can either get only from rare machine or are very hard or rare to get otherwise)

Great link! I found this funny .... If you get Amaterasu and want to go for MARGIKARP->GYARADOS->HOLYSHITWHYISEVERYONEAFTERMYAMATERASU mode, you can start with her.

garath

Looks like now light cards are going to hit with greater frequency on the pull machine. Good news for me. My team is light and I'm missing some key components. Guess I'll stop expanding my box and focus on progression and pulls.

OceanBlue

For anyone rerolling today (or just interested in more info) go read this:

http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/118764-iphone-android-puzzle-dragons.html#post1783761

It has a lot of information on why certain starters are good/bad, and more information on all of the rare monsters (ie, those you can either get only from rare machine or are very hard or rare to get otherwise)
I didn't realize elves were that bad. I started with one.

Maybe I should reroll from the beginning. I've been playing for a week so it's not too much lost.

Jinko

Yea I will be saving all my stones to try and pull an Ama this week, she's pretty shit at low levels mind you but pretty awesome when evolved +70

I would re roll but I have put too much time into this now to do that lol

Shiryu

Neo Member
Huh what ? When Shardra is fully evolved it will have a 50% reduction to water and fire that's pretty good in my book and is an orb changer to boot.

Which makes me wonder would that be 100% reduction if you had the same monster as a friend :S ?

Oh? I didn't know that. I was kinda bummed that I received two 3* pulls from the rare gacha. Was hoping for a new addition to my current team :p.

I need to sell off some evo materials though, since I have 4 masks of several colors (2* masks, not the harder ones) and my box is getting full. I'll keep one of each since I can always do the mask dungeon if needed.

Here's to hoping I get a good roll after I get my Castle of Satan magic stone. Anyone got an idea what you should do with multiple lil' dragons of the same type btw? (I'm at a loss on what I should be doing, because I don't think I need to have three of the same type at max level?)

harrytang

lost in todays expert special dungeon twice because the large sprites hitting at the same time. cant take one out fast enough. odin not doing a thing if hits come at the same time. i need one yellow dub to evo my Fairlion to 5*, and a few green dubs to Busty evo my ogre and salamander to two colors. 18 hours to go. just need to keep trying i guess.

Victrix

*beard*
lost in todays expert special dungeon twice because the large sprites hitting at the same time. cant take one out fast enough. odin not doing a thing if hits come at the same time. i need one yellow dub to evo my Fairlion to 5*, and a few green dubs to Busty evo my ogre and salamander to two colors. 18 hours to go. just need to keep trying i guess.

Friend a Shiva, match off color orbs in round one until charged storing some at the bottom

Fire Shiva, sweep all rounds, done

Alternately, run a team with an ogre/odin, four 'lits of the same color and a healer of that color as your friend. Then you cannot die as long as you kill any dublits that will attack on the same turn. Your hp will be so low that any match will restore you to full

edit: In both teams, you NEED to store up orbs at the bottom in round one so you have them ready for matches in the following rounds

garath

Yea I will be saving all my stones to try and pull an Ama this week, she's pretty shit at low levels mind you but pretty awesome when evolved +70

I would re roll but I have put too much time into this now to do that lol

I would re-roll except for my 400k coins. I have no idea how often there's a 1.5 gold weekend dungeon but that seemed like an insane amount of money I was able to grind. It's completely eliminated my fusion and evolving coin concerns. I don't want to go back to scrounging up 2000 coin for a fusion while reaching the limit of my monster box every single dungeon.

Victrix

*beard*
I would re-roll except for my 400k coins. I have no idea how often there's a 1.5 gold weekend dungeon but that seemed like an insane amount of money I was able to grind. It's completely eliminated my fusion and evolving coin concerns. I don't want to go back to scrounging up 2000 coin for a fusion while reaching the limit of my monster box every single dungeon.

Weekend dungeon for cash is every weekend

What were your rare pulls?

harrytang

Friend a Shiva, match off color orbs in round one until charged storing some at the bottom

Fire Shiva, sweep all rounds, done

Alternately, run a team with an ogre/odin, four 'lits of the same color and a healer of that color as your friend. Then you cannot die as long as you kill any dublits that will attack on the same turn. Your hp will be so low that any match will restore you to full

awesome thanks. waiting patiently for xp to level. if i want to level shit up it has to be today or il be stuck waiting another week. might be time to bite the bullet and get some stones.

garath

Weekend dungeon for cash is every weekend

What were your rare pulls?

Oh reeeeeeallly.... hmmmmmmm

edit: my rare pulls so far have been crap. 2 golems and something else I'm not recalling atm. I used the rest of my magic stones for monster box upgrades. My first rare pull I rerolled until I got a Thor, not realizing a light team would be so hard to put together.

harrytang

Just beat the Forest Technical dungeon, if you wana beat the boss you should prob take an Asgard along :p

i have a water team so i found the forest to be the most difficult to beat. I can run through fire and water floors 2 and 3 in under 5 min. when farming. helps to bring some orb changers or demons with bombs to crush the boss stage before the heal up. sucks when hp greatly refills and you gotta do it all over again.

damn i have like 4-5 king metal dragons, but everything i want to lvl up is only 2-3 lvls away from max. Thinking about plugging them into my Marine Rider even though hes really the only green (well, hes green/blue) i use.

oh that reminds me, anyone know how the dual element guys work? My marine Rider is green/blue, but does ass loads more green damage than blue....are they all like that?

i guess when i saw both elements, i assumed they were equal...but it seems to do about 60% less.

ParityBit

damn i have like 4-5 king metal dragons, but everything i want to lvl up is only 2-3 lvls away from max. Thinking about plugging them into my Marine Rider even though hes really the only green (well, hes green/blue) i use.

oh that reminds me, anyone know how the dual element guys work? My marine Rider is green/blue, but does ass loads more green damage than blue....are they all like that?

i guess when i saw both elements, i assumed they were equal...but it seems to do about 60% less.

The top element is your major, the bottom is the minor. So the major does more damage.

Radav

I just did the Friday dungeon a few times and I still need a bunch of the green and red -lits to evolve my Naga and Dryad. Going to be a long wait before I can attempt it again. I' almost feel like I would have been better off trying to get them from the low level dungeons of the element I needed since it seems like such a crap shoot as to what color your going to get. I have like 5 light element now but have no real use for them at the moment.

Pretty good guess; it does 30% of its attack. If the secondary element is the same as the primary, it does 10% instead.

Jinko

I just did the Friday dungeon a few times and I still need a bunch of the green and red -lits to evolve my Naga and Dryad. Going to be a long wait before I can attempt it again. I' almost feel like I would have been better off trying to get them from the low level dungeons of the element I needed since it seems like such a crap shoot as to what color your going to get. I have like 5 light element now but have no real use for them at the moment.

You would think, but I tried it and its much worse, the levels they appear in only have 2 floors where they can show up, plus the fact that they are less likely to drop in a standard dungeon means you will burn through your stamina before you likely even get one.

Dam Fire forest's first lvl is kicking my ass! Looks like my first wall? Does anyone know the last evo mat needed for the dryad and where to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom