• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hades has better stats than Hera, so you only need to run Hera once to top off your Gigagravity team. You could always run the dungeon more times for skillups, of course.

There is something to be said for skilling up hades and Hera. I love that my hades has a few skill levels it really does help on those gravity team focused missions (valk comes immediately to mind).

Also damn I wish I still had my multiple kagatuchi's if for nothing else than to get the dual evo...

But I have three susano's so one of each I guess... And hopefully Ammy-oh will get healer subtype. Her with a stat boost on a valk team would be insane

Now that Gungho improved the toy dragons, hopefully they'll move onto improving the elementals (Genie, Shaitan, Undine, ect)
Ironically the dual element for the toy dragons makes them situationally worse since you can now get them bound and made worthless by a whole another set of monsters.

Finally got around to updating the OP with rocksteady1983's images. Also updated the useful links section now that there are actual good English resources for the game.

massoluk

Banned
Say... this look workable against Hera tomorrow, right? Provided that I can get a subleader 2K lucifer.
aXW9Iyq.png

(1925+3126+3126+3126+2000)x3.5 + 1104 = 47664.5

Just barely enough for Hades with Keeper's skill. Or should I just get another Rainbow keeper instead of Siren?

lordcyno

Say... this look workable against Hera tomorrow, right? Provided that I can get a subleader 2K lucifer.

(1925+3126+3126+3126+2000)x3.5 + 1104 = 47664.5

Just barely enough for Hades with Keeper's skill. Or should I just get another Rainbow keeper instead of Siren?

Persephone + Lucifer is only 3x to hp isn't it?

I've gotten 3 +eggs today in plant runs. I've never gotten more than one on a single plant day. I guess that makes up for the mediocre plant drop rate.

massoluk

Banned
Persephone + Lucifer is only 3x to hp isn't it?

I thought lucifer 2x and Persephone is 1.5x., oh i see what you mean. Curses. So I need exactly 2018HP lucifer exactly. Holy crap, talking about cutting it close.

edit: Hmmmph, seeing a possible flaw in my brilliant plan. Can I keep the keeper skill in rotation before I die? Hades attack in 6 turns, 3 keepers, 20 turns to recharge.

J0dy77

I've gotten 3 +eggs today in plant runs. I've never gotten more than one on a single plant day. I guess that makes up for the mediocre plant drop rate.

I'm really starting to despise plant day. Ran it all day and only have 15 plants. That's my one wish for this game, improve ways to get plants. A simple evolve path of 2 or 3 seeds equaling a plant would be all I'd need. Just so tedious in the current state.

xCobalt

I'm really starting to despise plant day. Ran it all day and only have 15 plants. That's my one wish for this game, improve ways to get plants. A simple evolve path of 2 or 3 seeds equaling a plant would be all I'd need. Just so tedious in the current state.

Today has been pretty good for me. Got about 25 plants and 8 or 9 fruits.

Jagernaut

Event info from Puzzle & Dragons Facebook

*Independence Day Event*
[Duration]: 6/28 (Fri), midnight - 7/5 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)

It’s time to celebrate America’s independence with some fireworks, a barbecue, and of course, another Puzzle & Dragons event! This event will also cover Canada Day (July 1), so to our neighbor in the north - Happy Birthday!

Clash of Clans Collab Continues!
[Duration]: 6/24 (Mon) - 7/7 (Sun) 11:59 PM (PDT)
Barbarians, P.E.K.K.A.s and Goblins - Oh my!
Make sure you get the most out of this fantastic special dungeon while we are running a 2x Skill Up event!

Daily Free Magic Stone
[Duration]: 6/28 (Fri), 4:00 AM (PDT) - 7/5 (Fri)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses
[Duration]: 6/28 (Fri) – 7/5 (Fri)
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have special visits from the Super King Dragons and Pengdra Village!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
King Metal/Jewel Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine

Finally, we will be having a different 24 hour event Dungeon each day:

6/28 - Hera Descended
6/29 - Scarlet Snake Princess
6/30 - Zeus Descended!
7/1 - Dragon Guardian
7/2 - Breakers
7/3 - Blade of Justice
7/4 - Lightless Devils' Nest
7/5 - Dark Night Sword

Many veterans have conquered these Dungeons before, so we invite them to share their best tips and tricks for all our new players!

[Stay tuned for more event info!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

There are pictures of Shiva and Orochi on the banner so there may be a Japanese/Indian Godfest.

Jagernaut

My Echidna is at skill level 3 (13 turns), will try to skill up some more before I take on Zeus. My Chaos Dragon Knight has no skillups even though I tried, is that a problem for Zeus? I will probably try the standard Dark team:

Duke Vampire Lord - max skill
Chaos Dragon Knight
Awoken Hera
Awoken Hera
Echidna

I could also use Bastet as the leader and take the CDK off the team (alternate build I saw on puzzledragonx.com).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am moving all day tomorrow, so no Hera for me (but I have 2 already, so no worries). I need I max my Echidna's, because I have 3 all at slvl 1.

Zeus, however, is going to be fun. I need I start preparing my team now!

As for the rest...I will take it! Hope we get a Godfest so I can grab me an Orochi!

Abandond

Woo, now I can finally get some Nagas.

I just hope I can actually get Hera so I can finally take on some of these Descended dungeons.

CDK is also great so I can have a decent dark team.

Kinda bummed about the jewel dragon thing for the PAL machine, I've been needing XP to max a bunch of my stuff and just used 20 eggs yesterday (with still no green ripper). But it does last a really long time so it's all good, I'll run tower of giants over the weekend which should get me a whole bunch of pal points.

Question, I want to eventually use Horus but I'm just not good enough yet to always get the four color combos. I've been saving up my +'s on some random monster and am currently at +11. I will probably use Isis once I get some decent hp on my other color monsters so my question is, should I dump the +'s on Isis or save them for Horus when I eventually decide that I can use him effectively?

Aeana

Friend showed me the new ones, and asked me to translate what the skill on this one is for him.

He said "holy crap" when I said what it says (changes all orbs to water/wood/darkness, 14 turn cooldown), so I guess it's pretty good. I don't know enough about the game yet to determine that though.

I really like the art on this one too.

Colby

Would a Goemon team work for Zeus? I'm trying to think of a way to save some stones. I'm still trying to come up with a team, but would something like

Goemon
Echidna
Hera
Hera
Horus
Goemon

work? This team would have to do 1.88 million damage in four turns. Orochi would make things much easier, but I don't have one of those.

massoluk

Banned
4 Stones Hera with that set up. :\

2 on Neptunes - 2 on Hera.
Should have been one stone Neptune because I forgot to activate keeper skills. Argh. I'll use resist team next time.

Friend showed me the new ones, and asked me to translate what the skill on this one is for him.

He said "holy crap" when I said what it says (changes all orbs to water/wood/darkness, 14 turn cooldown), so I guess it's pretty good. I don't know enough about the game yet to determine that though.

I really like the art on this one too.
That's why she's my av

Looks like the skill has a max cooldown of 8 turns too, which is REALLY fast for something that basically guarantees you an 8+ combo.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got a Mermaid and 3 King Golds from PAL this morning. Evolved my Shynee finally, and will probably try to get my last slvl on Megalodran with my extra Mermaid!

Radav

Zeus! Well I'll finally get my hands on that dude this Sunday. Hopefully I'll have an easier time with him then I had with Valkyrie. So lets see... I'm guessing they'll either put gold dragons or super kings on Sunday with Zeus as well, anyone disagree with that?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Zeus! Well I'll finally get my hands on that dude this Sunday. Hopefully I'll have an easier time with him then I had with Valkyrie. So lets see... I'm guessing they'll either put gold dragons or super kings on Sunday with Zeus as well, anyone disagree with that?

Probably have Zeus, Pengdra Village, Poring Tower, Super King Golds all on Sunday. That would be about right. ;)

well that would make it inconvenient for us...so yes, it'll happen. Might actually try Hera today with

D/D Hades
Shiva
Echilada
Siren
Siren
Odin

I could use Lilith instead of Shiva, but that shit will take forever. Hoping to spend no stones as I don't really NEED her, just want skillups for my Hades'

J0dy77

Had a very nice start to this event, hopefully I keep the luck going. Very excited about naga dungeon (echidna has to be one of the best mobs in game), need to get her max skilled. And I finally get another crack at Zeus, really want to get him in under two stones.

XLT0CKJl.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Had a very nice start to this event, hopefully I keep the luck going. Very excited about naga dungeon (echidna has to be one of the best mobs in game), need to get her max skilled. And I finally get another crack at Zeus, really want to get him in under two stones.

XLT0CKJl.jpg

Holy boner - nice PAL pulls!

And yes, Echidna is one of the best monsters in the game (right next to Orochi). I would argue that Echidna is better because a) you can skill her up and b) she has the Healer sub-type.

I fully intend to spend stones farming her dungeon on Saturday.

Radav

Wow that's an amazing ten pulls. I think I would have beaten yours in but I dont do the 10 at a time thing. I rolled 5 kings in about the first 7 getting 3 in a row at one point. Overall out of 44 rolls I got 1 +egg, 1 light pengdra and 7 Kings: 3 metal, 1 super king metal, 1 super king gold, 1 gold and 1 sapphire. Pretty stoked and glad I saved up my PAL pulls for the king event over the evo event we just had.

massoluk

Banned

XLT0CKJl.jpg
Amazing

XLT0CKJl.jpg

Oh shit.

I had one king sapphire and 1 dark pengdra. Rest was shit in 12 rolls

1 stone in Hera so far and had to burn it on the random mobs. Too many timers lined up. I'm at Hades right now, should be safe...this is just taking fuck all forever as I do very little damage outside of Odin's skill

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
1 stone in Hera so far and had to burn it on the random mobs. Too many timers lined up. I'm at Hades right now, should be safe...this is just taking fuck all forever as I do very little damage outside of Odin's skill

Yeah, Hera takes far too long for me to want to run it today. I was going to focus on farming her for slvl, but it just isn't worth my time. I'd rather invest in preparing for Zeus.

J0dy77

That was definitely my best PAL run (by far). Last couple events I couldn't pull crap, amazing how it all balances out.

I'm debating my Zeus lineup for Sunday. Last time I made it to Zeus with Zero stones but didn't stall enough for gravity with a Horus team and wiped. Or I could run with a dark team vamp leader.

Was thinking something like this for Horus Team:

Horus 99

Echidna 75
Viper 67
Awoken Hera 60
Last spot is up for grabs...

Zeus friend

Not sure what to do with that last spot. I could go with Susano but he's only level 31. It might save me some stones on Zeus having his damage reduction. Or I could roll with a 76 Heroic Chu (the secondary dark attack may help with damage). Thoughts? What's everyone else going with?

Kyu

Neo Member

The first time I did it with odin + resist he was only doing 20x atk. That was really slow.

BlueSteel

I'm thinking about doing something like

2 SOD leads + 4 gravity members, maybe 2 hades, 1 awoken hera, and 1 hera?

For Zeus. It might be hard for the mobs, but at least the HP is high and I would theoretically only need to use one stone in between each lucifer blast.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom