• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanchan

Not many people rolling today? Or just too depressed to post it here?

My next godfest rolls will be for the chinese gods, i don't have room for more dupes right now and i have no interest for the few JP/ID gods i'm missing (maybe Parvati :( ), plus i still have tons of monsters to evolve/xp....i'll pass for now! :)

Ran Super Metal Dragons 3 times and got 2 kings each time, no super king...for 50 stamina thanks but no thanks, Ran Sea-God of Heaven and for 15 Stamina i got 1 metal king and 2 masks just after it....go figure.

I'm wondering which mobs i should busty right now, i have freyr, I&I and minerva light (already have dark...) but i'm not sure i'll ever use them...

I'm not rolling for a while. I have decided to save for Chinese or if angels come back.

On another hand I ran super metal four times, got three supers ( two in the same run) and three kings, and a whole mess of highs. It would have normally been very frustrating but the first feed on Zues got a Super (1 king four highs) and the next feed on Zues (3 supers And 2 kings) I got a great!

TL:DR So I got about a million exp on Zues in two feeds. Can't complain.

Now pengdras are tomorrow and I've got a ton of gold dragons waiting... Great Valkyrie is hungry...

J0dy77

Finally done with Zeus. Had two resets with the Zeus/Horus team and then decided to dump that team for Horus/Horus. Cleared it in 5 stones because I didn't delay enough. Had to use three on chimeras. My team was just a tad under leveled to beat the dungeon with 1 stone.

You need to cap the 15k HP barrier to be able to tank a chimera hit. Being at 14320 made me waste stones there. I missed a couple stone matches as well that put me behindon Zeus. Overall well worth the stones but really wanted to do it in 2 or 3 stones. Next time....

Not many people rolling today? Or just too depressed to post it here?
All I want is Kagutsuchi or Susano and its not worth rolling in hopes of those two. Plus I may be done rolling for good. I really don't NEED any other monsters from the REM. I'm looking forward to catching Hera-Is and Hera-Ur but there's otherwise I'm content with my box. I may be persuaded though next time there's a Roman 'fest. I reeeeeally want a Hades (or 2).

you cant duke + luci this fight. its duke + zeus or luci + luci. zeus will smack you up so hard since you cant finish him in 1 turn with duke + luci

damn...oh well. I was 700 xp away from a level, so not much a loss. Duke was only lvl 30...we'll be more prepared next time!

Limit

Plus I may be done rolling for good. I really don't NEED any other monsters from the REM.

Same here. Only one I really want is Horus. But I don't have enough free stones to attempt to score him (her?) right now. Currently I am super satisfied with my Lucifer for tank playing and Ra for multiplier fun.

Abandond

I only really want Amaterasu, Orochi and Kagutsuchi, I've been progressing so maybe I'll roll once or twice.

Got two super metal kings in one run so now I have three in total.

I failed a mission on Clayus Prison, didn't expect an ogre to deal 8k. Oh well, time to regen stam so I can rank up and keep progressing. Excited to clear my 40 various dragons at the village.

Edit: Is it just me or does the unicorn kinda suck?

ccbfan

Orochi and Parvati are my only must have God here.

A lot of japanese nice to haves but not essential. Even Amu which was God tier in early parts of the game is pretty blah in late game.

Indian God have become less important now with the new Greek God. Vritra still sucks even with the Ultimate Evo and Indra is a nice to have but not essential. Parvati and Lashkmi getting a dual type of healer would make them awesome subs for a healer team though.

My God priority is

Angel->Eqyptian->New Greek->Old Greek->Indian->Japanese->Norse

Colby

I wasn't expecting it to work, but I gave it a try and got Zeus! I was prepared to spend 10-12 stones because my team wasn't ideal, and it was underleveled, but it only took 5 stones. I went with:

Horus lvl 77
Echidna lvl 53
Awoken Hera lvl 71
Awoken Hera lvl 59
Marine Rider Robin lvl 49 (lol)

One stone on level 3 (sounds silly, I know, but it was intentional, and it allowed me to charge up my skills all the way), none on Chimera, and four on Zeus. Popped Echidna and Hera on the Chimeras and went to town.

I couldn't have done it without GC's Zeus, so major props to him. Thanks!

tl;dr: A Rider was used to beat Zeus.

Dhx

Does anyone have a max Zeus available? I wasn't able to jump on until now and GC seems to be away.

Edit: Got it taken care of.

Raika

Started a new game. Rolled Parvati + Horus + Shiva in a row, no idea how that happened. My question is how do I build a team with any of these guys (non IAP)? Using multi-colored slime with Horus now, and I swear this is not working.

J0dy77

Started a new game. Rolled Parvati + Horus + Shiva in a row, no idea how that happened. My question is how do I build a team with any of these guys (non IAP)? Using multi-colored slime with Horus now, and I swear this is not working.

It's not going to work for a while. You need to build around shiva or someone else for now. Once you have better team mates and higher team cost you can switch it around.

started the game yesterday for the first time, today i maxed out my starter with fusion. How do I evolve it after max level?
Go to the evolve fusion screen; if you have the proper evolve material the monster will be lit up. If not, tap the monster and it will display for you the necessary ingredients.

I wasn't expecting it to work, but I gave it a try and got Zeus! I was prepared to spend 10-12 stones because my team wasn't ideal, and it was underleveled, but it only took 5 stones. I went with:

Horus lvl 77
Echidna lvl 53
Awoken Hera lvl 71
Awoken Hera lvl 59
Marine Rider Robin lvl 49 (lol)

One stone on level 3 (sounds silly, I know, but it was intentional, and it allowed me to charge up my skills all the way), none on Chimera, and four on Zeus. Popped Echidna and Hera on the Chimeras and went to town.

I couldn't have done it without GC's Zeus, so major props to him. Thanks!

tl;dr: A Rider was used to beat Zeus.

oh come fucking on. I can dust that thing off and give Zeus a try? shiit

J0dy77

Now that I have Zeus I'm trying to determine if he's worth the effort to Max out? I use a Horus/Zeus combo a lot and have a hard time keeping myself at full HP for damage. It seems like more practice will help but not sure how strongly I like the team.

What does everyone usually run as the team? Mono Yellow or a mixture?

Radav

Now that I have Zeus I'm trying to determine if he's worth the effort to Max out? I use a Horus/Zeus combo a lot and have a hard time keeping myself at full HP for damage. It seems like more practice will help but not sure how strongly I like the team.

What does everyone usually run as the team? Mono Yellow or a mixture?

Don't forget Zeus makes a great sub on a Horus team.

Was busy all day yesterday. Didn't even get to run Super Metals. But I did hit up the rare machine for a Kagutsuchi. I figured Fire event plus Japanese God fest would make it one of the easier monsters to get. Of course it didn't work out that way. I actually got 3 Orochis before getting Kagutsuchi. I hope those Puzzledragonx stats for ultimate Fire/Dark Kagutsuchi are correct. Over 2000ATK makes for over 10K damage auto-attack, which is even enough to kill Dragon Fruits. Plant runs would be super quick as would a bunch of other mundane farm dungeons. If it's correct, I may go ahead and dump +99ATK on it. 12.5K auto AOE attack every turn is kinda ridiculous for farming purposes.

bcl0328

Might roll later today, really want Kagutsuchi.

Does anyone have a Fortoytops they could put up?

My ID: 338951210

i think i got a Kagutsuchi last night. the 5* God monster? he was like red and blue.

still not sure what i am doing in this game really. been evolving for +exp (is that all it does?), running dungeons, getting points, eggs, monsters. feel like im missing something important.

I think the REM is trying to make up for giving me no kings from the pal machine. I read George's comment and could no longer resist pulling in hopes of a Kagutsuchi. First roll....gold egg...Kagutsuchi! Thought about rolling again hoping for a dupe but I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Abandond

i think i got a Kagutsuchi last night. the 5* God monster? he was like red and blue.

still not sure what i am doing in this game really. been evolving for +exp (is that all it does?), running dungeons, getting points, eggs, monsters. feel like im missing something important.

Kagutsuchi is a red dragon with a sword.

Been evolving what? Pengdras?

I think the REM is trying to make up for giving me no kings from the pal machine. I read George's comment and could no longer resist pulling in hopes of a Kagutsuchi. First roll....gold egg...Kagutsuchi! Thought about rolling again hoping for a dupe but I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Heh, lucky you. I think you rolled after the japanese godfest ended.

Edit: nvm, timezones are dumb

J0dy77

Don't forget Zeus makes a great sub on a Horus team.

I'd take a Warrior Rose Valk over him for the majority of dungeons. 35 turn CD on Gravity is so hard to charge. His stats are really strong though. I'll evolve him and play around with some of the Zeus friends I have on my list.

On a side note: Nice update to the original post Cosmo and great work on the art Rocksteady. Still waiting on that new thread smell. :)

J0dy77

to be honest i started like 4 days ago and have no clue what pengdras are. i just feed smaller monsters to my big ones and they get exp. is that evolving?

Feeding smaller monsters to bigger monsters is called power up fusion. When a monster maxes out on level he can usually be "Evolved" into a different form. What you're doing at this early stage is correct, just be careful what you feed to other monsters. A monster that you might not think is very good might be just the opposite. If you're ever in doubt ask here or when you're playing early on if you seem to get frequent drops of the same mob it's safe to feed them.

bcl0328

Feeding smaller monsters to bigger monsters is called power up fusion. When a monster maxes out on level he can usually be "Evolved" into a different form. What you're doing at this early stage is correct, just be careful what you feed to other monsters. A monster that you might not think is very good might be just the opposite. If you're ever in doubt ask here or when you're playing early on if you seem to get frequent drops of the same mob it's safe to feed them.

yea that's what i've been doing. i get like 10 of those tiny green/red/blue monsters and feed like 5 at a time. i saved my ones that look decent.

so when a monster is maxed out is that when it says 'max' in the corner? then you can evolve it?

and do all monsters on your team get exp when you win? i just need to have them on my team to level up?

and what the heck are pengdras?

yea that's what i've been doing. i get like 10 of those tiny green/red/blue monsters and feed like 5 at a time. i saved my ones that look decent.

so when a monster is maxed out is that when it says 'max' in the corner? then you can evolve it?

and do all monsters on your team get exp when you win? i just need to have them on my team to level up?

This game is insanely deep.

This will help

J0dy77

Each monster has a max level listed on their information page. Early on it's usually 25 or 15 for the basic monsters. Once it hits "max" you can go to the evo tab and see what is necessary to bring on the next form.

As for Pengdras, they're a monster that is used for gaining chunks of experience at a time to your other more important monsters (aka: feeders). Once you defeat Castle Of Satan in the normal dungeons it will unlock the "Technical dungeons" where pengdras drop.

Dragon Guardian dungeon has been very stingy for me today. I've run it at least 5-6 times and have got zero MSK drops. My ADK is only skill level 2 so I would like to improve him some. The Naga dungeon went so much better - I pulled about 10 of them and got 5 skillups out of them.

Dragon Guardian dungeon has been very stingy for me today. I've run it at least 5-6 times and have got zero MSK drops. My ADK is only skill level 2 so I would like to improve him some. The Naga dungeon went so much better - I pulled about 10 of them and got 5 skillups out of them.

all of these skillup dungeons are terribad on the drop rate...unless you want to drop stones on stam refreshes

J0dy77

Even then it's complete ass blow. I ran Echidna like, 25 times total and got 2 drops. Fuck that noise.

Not sure why I'm laughing so hard at the "ass blow" comment.

I've had really bad luck with the naga dungeon the first time it came around, great luck this time. I think you have to accept that it's going to be a painful process and gauge how important skill ups are for that character. I never put much effort into skilling up ADK, just didn't care enough. Getting Naga maxed was a completely different story, had to put in the suffering for the huge benefit. Thinking about it now, maxing her on Saturday probably saved me 3 stones on Zeus this weekend.

Limit

I have had el terrible time running Ocean of Heaven and Castle of Satan in the Abyss during their respective 1.5% increased chance drop rate periods. Altogether I ran in them close to 30 times and not a single King Metal Dragon. Never thought that he could serve as an evolution material (Hera) otherwise I would have kept a couple as spares.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Welp, had 60 stam saved up for pengdra village last night and fell asleep and woke up 5 minutes after it ended.

Gotta set that alarm! ;)

Not sure why I'm laughing so hard at the "ass blow" comment.

I've had really bad luck with the naga dungeon the first time it came around, great luck this time. I think you have to accept that it's going to be a painful process and gauge how important skill ups are for that character. I never put much effort into skilling up ADK, just didn't care enough. Getting Naga maxed was a completely different story, had to put in the suffering for the huge benefit. Thinking about it now, maxing her on Saturday probably saved me 3 stones on Zeus this weekend.

Echidna is a MAJOR part of my teams, but I simply couldn't keep up with it. I got my Zeus (which cost me more stones than I wanted to spend, but whatever), and my Echidna is at slvl 3 or so from previous feedings. It's a start, but a max skill one would be enough to make me not be sad about never getting that Orochi.

PS - I have decided that my random frustrations with this game merit bizarre combinations of words such as "ass blow". Glad you've enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom