• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Speaking of alarms. Love that Panda app that Cosmo suggested. Works great and saves me the headache of having to go to the random sites and doing the math to adjust for east coast time.

I really should look into that. I totally forgot about it.

Also, I have found one of my new favorite teams:

2B4OnpO.png

Just need to get to a point where I can skill Goemon and my two Titans up.

Anyone see unicorn yet?
Got my Unicorn in about 7 Master runs.

Man, collecting all the evo materials for the CoC skill-up monsters is a pain in the ass. Then you still need to feed each one 45K exp. Doable, but it would take considerable time and good box management to get it all done before the 2x skill-up event is over. I'm too busy this week to pull it off. Which means an overstuffed box until the next event.

Got my Unicorn in about 7 Master runs.

Man, collecting all the evo materials for the CoC skill-up monsters is a pain in the ass. Then you still need to feed each one 45K exp. Doable, but it would take considerable time and good box management to get it all done before the 2x skill-up event is over. I'm too busy this week to pull it off. Which means an overstuffed box until the next event.

I'm actually ok with that...they should make skilling up gods a giant pain in the ass

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm actually ok with that...they should make skilling up gods a giant pain in the ass

If the dungeon were always available, I'd be fine with it. But the fact that it's a limited time dungeon with a limited box that requires hard to obtain evo mats makes it really shitty and not entirely worth the effort.

If the dungeon were always available, I'd be fine with it. But the fact that it's a limited time dungeon with a limited box that requires hard to obtain evo mats makes it really shitty and not entirely worth the effort.

Thanks for summing up all these one day skill up dungeons they give us :D

Abandond

Naga dungeon is the most soul-crushing one by far. I've actually seen people quit PAD because of it.

It is kinda stupid how it doesn't drop 3/4 of the time, and then you end up getting 10 without a single skill up.

I need mystic masks but I can't reliably farm the first level of Ocean of Heaven yet. I can complete it but if all three of the Divinegon are on the same turn, I'll end up dying.

It is kinda stupid how it doesn't drop 3/4 of the time, and then you end up getting 10 without a single skill up.

I need mystic masks but I can't reliably farm the first level of Ocean of Heaven yet. I can complete it but if all three of the Divinegon are on the same turn, I'll end up dying.

last level is the 'easeiest' to farm if you have a mono-green team + armor break (shiva or mech golem). Hardest part is the two carbuncles.

StMeph

Naga dungeon is the most soul-crushing one by far. I've actually seen people quit PAD because of it.

The drop is miserable. I don't know why they provide 100% drops at high stamina costs for dragons and other special gods, and high drop rates for skills from unique dungeons like Poring Tower, and then only offer terrible chances with Echidna and the magic swordsmen.

I HAVE them, I just also want to Max their skill. Ugh.

What would be a standard Mono-Green using Freyja as my lead (since I don't have Parv)?

Probably something involving choo choo and ADK. Depends on your box. I was using dragons for a while until I acquired some better monsters. Now, my green is probably my top line.

I usually run with Parv, Michael, Ceres/Shiva, ADK, choo choo, Artemis/Parv/awesomness.

I'm having an issue that I'm hoping someone can help with. I wanted to start a secondary account, so I downloaded the .apk and installed it on my Kindle Fire (1st gen). Everything seems fine except for one glaring problem. I have to touch about a half an inch lower than things appear on the screen. Menus, orbs, everything. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Abandond

last level is the 'easeiest' to farm if you have a mono-green team + armor break (shiva or mech golem). Hardest part is the two carbuncles.

I'll work towards that then, but the only green monsters I have are ADK and Odin.

Edit: Really need more friends with resistance monsters up, lol.

I'll work towards that then, but the only green monsters I have are ADK and Odin.

Edit: Really need more friends with resistance monsters up, lol.

Yeah, i've found that as we've progressed as a community...less and less people run with resist leads. Outside of special events where multiple resists are used.

If you are running a mono team, 2xHP is basically 50% against all elements.

Max leveled my first monster - ADK is level 99!

I also evolved Goemon but I don't have anything to feed him right now.

I need to farm Titans so I can go ahead and evolve my Gigas who is ready to go. Freyr is another one I have to work on as well.

The drop is miserable. I don't know why they provide 100% drops at high stamina costs for dragons and other special gods, and high drop rates for skills from unique dungeons like Poring Tower, and then only offer terrible chances with Echidna and the magic swordsmen.

I HAVE them, I just also want to Max their skill. Ugh.
It's the just way the dungeons are designed and the difficulties provided. Mystic Knight and Naga dungeons only go up to Expert level so drop rates are shit. Though the target monsters have a chance to drop in any battle, so at least it's still better than trying to farm a Whiskey Dragon on expert, for example. For some players it would be much better if GungHo did what they did the first time we got the Dragon Guardian dungeon. Have it for the whole week, and end it with a 2x rate event. But the trade off is that you'd need to hoard your skill-up monsters until a 2x event to maximize their use.

Ashodin

Well I'm kinda fucked. Somehow my data got deleted on my tablet.

And data migration seems to not be working either. GUNGHOOOO

Yeah. You have a point. Better than relying on REM pulls to skill-up something like Orochi.

Yeah, i've found that as we've progressed as a community...less and less people run with resist leads. Outside of special events where multiple resists are used.

If you are running a mono team, 2xHP + 2xRCV is basically 50% against all elements.
Fixed the last part, but yeah there are a lot of strategies that have been supplanted by superior options since this thread started. Resists still work and is the easiest strategy for newer players, but most of the long time players now have powerful teams that don't need resists and can brute force most dungeons. And 4xHP + 4xRCV is more versatile than 75% resist against only 1 or 2 elements.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yep, logged onto the game for some dragons and noticed the ID was set to 0. I sent a message to GungHo for help though.

iOS or Android? Worst case, I may still have my old account info saved here that has SoD and Hades on it from REM pulls when I first started it.

Fixed the last part, but yeah there are a lot of strategies that have been supplanted by superior options since this thread started. Resists still work and is the easiest strategy for newer players, but most of the long time players now have powerful teams that don't need resists and can brute force most dungeons. And 4xHP + 4xRCV is more versatile than 75% resist against only 1 or 2 elements.

Even 3xHP and RCV is more versatile than 75% resistance, due to the 1.5x atk from the RBG indian gods, apollo & persephone.

and each of these gods have a pretty spectacular active skill as well as their leader skill.

Yeah. You have a point. Better than relying on REM pulls to skill-up something like Orochi.

Ah, yeah you are right. Otherwise you are gimped recovering from a hit.

4x HP/RCV is so useful against the harder dungeons / special dungeons. Takes a little longer, but so much defense.

J0dy77

Try one of the dungeons after the first tier. For me, the first and last dungeons are usually the hardest. The middle dungeons seem easier.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have this funky bunch ,and need help getting a good grinding crew.]

How are your combo skills? Horus and Isis are great leads. GrOdin is also an amazing lead for now. You seem to have a few other guys that might be decent leads if you can support them with a decent team.

BUT!

Decide between GrOdin, Horus, and Isis. From there, you can start putting together options.

Horus/Horus, Horus/Isis, Isis/Isis are strong teams. Isis/Isis less so, but MUCH easier to pull off.

GrOdin/Amaterasu, GrOdin/resist, GrOdin/multiplier are also fine.

Ra is in there, but if you can't play Horus or Isis, you can't play Ra.

Horus. Horus. and Horus.

How are your combo skills? Horus and Isis are great leads. GrOdin is also an amazing lead for now. You seem to have a few other guys that might be decent leads if you can support them with a decent team.

BUT!

Decide between GrOdin, Horus, and Isis. From there, you can start putting together options.

Horus/Horus, Horus/Isis, Isis/Isis are strong teams. Isis/Isis less so, but MUCH easier to pull off.

GrOdin/Amaterasu, GrOdin/resist, GrOdin/multiplier are also fine.

Ra is in there, but if you can't play Horus or Isis, you can't play Ra.

Sound advice. Much appreciated.Trying to wean off of Isis ,and get to Horus combos.

Abandond

I think I got better at Horus by not using him. When I don't use him, I see to have a much easier time getting four different colors for whatever reason, guess it's because I'm not worried about not landing the four colors.

Yeah, I forgot about that 2X hp/rcv = 50% against all, I think I can pull of a decent mono dark team tomorrow once I got the masks for my CDK. Right now I am really tanky but the damage is not there, also need to evolve this vamp, hopefully I can get enough to skill him up
lol

Sea Deity Heaven Neptune has been a great help for Ocean of Heaven, too bad the one friend that had him isn't coming up. Add me if you want, main lead is usually SoD Lucifer but I can swap him for any ripper except green, unevolved Horus/Isis, ADK, StE, Moondragon Lunar D'spinas.

edit: fuck this game i ran keeper of rainbow three times just for one fucking keeper of dark and i get three lights this is some bullshit arhhhhh

edit 2: wat, why did room of masks start early today what is this i cant get my keeper now arghgiaksda jdsa ndasd :((

Sweet. Just fed my first batch of CoC Archers to my Freyr. 3 out of 5 skill-ups. Only 2 more skill-ups to go and I still have 31 more Archers! Lol. I guess I went a little overboard on CoC farming. But not like I could've started the feeding process sooner since I had to wait for Keeper day. But no way I'm gonna farm enough Keepers in the next 2hrs.

J0dy77

I have this funky bunch ,and need help getting a good grinding crew.

8lmAnCw.jpg

That's an amazing team for early in the game. Great luck in the REM.

I'd say work on Loki if you're having problems with combos. Dark teams are easy to form. Horus/Isis are your end game goals.

J0dy77

Such a bummer that I've yet to see PEKKA. I guess I'll keep farming CoC.

I definitely got lucky on PEKKA. Picked him up on the run I cleared legendary (was planning on farming him after). Not sure what his worth is at this point though. Evolved he has really nice stats but 70% resolve is just meh. Might be a good sub on a dark tem.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I more want him for novelty - similar to my Puzzdroid. I will never use these things, but it'd be cool to have! Same reason I want a Unicorn and wanted a Phoenix. :p

Oh yeah just in case you don't have one yet, you probably want to pick up the Skydragons if you don't have one yet since they're getting a busty in 5.4 to make them less useless.

The downside to this is that GungHo might decide to give us yet ANOTHER rotation of Skydragons down the line to give players a chance to snag them.

Such a bummer that I've yet to see PEKKA. I guess I'll keep farming CoC.

Make sure you go into the CoC dungeon during 2x this weekend. First run through Legend last Saturday on 2x got PEKKA to show up. Just make sure your poison is ready, and hope he doesn't show up first round.

Gauranteed drop though...

StMeph

Make sure you go into the CoC dungeon during 2x this weekend. First run through Legend last Saturday on 2x got PEKKA to show up. Just make sure your poison is ready, and hope he doesn't show up first round.

Gauranteed drop though...

Does 2x drop have any impact on appearance rates? I was under the impression that there was no bonus for rare appearances.

0/5 on kings today. This sucks, I really need red EXP. After a great day yesterday when I had little need for emeralds.

Edit: Man fuck this. 3/15. 2x event my ass.

0/5 on kings today. This sucks, I really need red EXP. After a great day yesterday when I had little need for emeralds.

Edit: Man fuck this. 3/15. 2x event my ass.

I love how RNG is consistent between people. You get shit and I think I had around 6kings and 8 highs in 7 runs. It's unreal.

I've had pretty good luck with ruby dragons as well today. I got somewhere around 7-8 kings and at least 6 highs. Used them up and have got Freyr into his ultimate evo. I also have 9 evolved pendgras just waiting for plants so I can level up Freyr and Goemon.

muu

Friends've been mocking me for playing this game so much, well now I got at least two of them signed up and addicted. Feels good.

Don't know how they do it though, one rolled a Horus on the first try, the other got an Orochi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom