• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe:

Abyss Neptune (L)
Echidna
ADK
Zeus
Hera
CDD (FL)

Any better replacements?
EDIT (since at top of page) - I am trying to put together a non-Horus, non-Luci all-color team for the Dark Samurai Dragon coming on 7/8.

I haven't had any issues, but I'm on an iPod touch (newest version). My kindle fire though doesn't register inputs at the right point on the screen. I hope they fix that, even though it's technically not a supported device.

Ashodin

I seriously want my game back before Sky Dragon of Light is gone. Since I know they're giving them busty evos later, I want it! :(

J0dy77

I had a really good progression week during this event. Evo'd all these mobs, can't wait to build their teams. Love the artwork on all of them, Zeus and Goemon are two of my favorites in game.

sBSSCo7l.jpg
Q0XXGlhl.jpg
mxkb3lYl.jpg

The problem with the Goemon alternative is that it requires you to be at 20% health. One slip up and you're done.

That being said, I agree - Goemon/Goemon is a STUPID strong team once you can work out the kinks.

Yeah but Zeus/Zeus is equally (or maybe even more) risky because you have to stay at max health or you're pretty much screwed.

Not that rare. Do you actually need it? If not, you could stick to farming.

I don't NEED it. But if its not to much trouble I'd like to get it before it disappears forever.

I had a really good progression week during this event. Evo'd all these mobs can't wait to build the teams around them. Love the artwork on all of them, Zeus and Goemon are two of my favorites in game.

Congrats on some great late game monsters. Are there any legitimate uses for Thor? I haven't bothered leveling mine since I can't think of a good fit. I was thinking some kind of 1/4/4 light/physical team with high HP monsters. Could be pretty cool but it would have relative low health.

On the topic of Goemon, I evolved mine but don't plan on leveling him until my team is a little more together. Right now any team I put together has too much RCV. It doesn't help that my Horus has +RCV in addition to already high RCV. Also I only have two Gigas and one is only SL 2. Once I get a third and have them all skilled up I'll be able to decrease my RCV a little.

EDIT: Can someone throw up a max level SoD Lucifer? Gonna go for Legend.

EDIT 2: Thanks Woody I'm in.

Limit

Had absolute trainwreck of a run with Friday dungeon. I ran it about a dozen times by spending stones trying to get a dub mythlit. No luck.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
In all of my running of all special dungeons, I've yet to see a rare pop. I would love a PEKKA and a Unicorn, but my luck for those types of spawns is misery. Is it best to just run at the best runs/stam for those dudes, or is Legend the only way to farm them?

Had absolute trainwreck of a run with Friday dungeon. I ran it about a dozen times by spending stones trying to get a dub mythlit. No luck.
Those are the worst. That's the desire sensor at work right there. Need something specific? We'll just give everything else 10 times in a row.
In all of my running of all special dungeons, I've yet to see a rare pop. I would love a PEKKA and a Unicorn, but my luck for those types of spawns is misery. Is it best to just run at the best runs/stam for those dudes, or is Legend the only way to farm them?
I ran each one once for the stone, then went back to legend and PEKKA dropped. I saw several people say he dropped on their first legend attempt so he may not be super rare there.

BetaTester

Neo Member
PDX 5 Jul Update

A mobile beta version of PDX is available!
You can access it at: http://mobile.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=211

The mobile version reduces image size to increase loading speed significantly. The top icons are links to; metal dragon event schedules, friend finder, monster book and menus. The mobile version does not include all desktop functionality, but you can access the full site from the mobile site by using the menu link.

*** The mobile version is not accessible from a desktop. ***
---
Do you forget which build you used for a specific dungeon? That problem is solved with the dungeon build save feature! Now you can save your previous dungeon builds to swap pets faster and easier for more team builds. These builds will not display to the public. So far, this functionality is only available on the desktop version.

ccbfan

Still 0 for for pekka.

Over 1000 stamina spent so far. I've been running int since it has the highest battle to stamina ratio. Am I doing something wrong?

xCobalt

Still 0 for for pekka.

Over 1000 stamina spent so far. I've been running int since it has the highest battle to stamina ratio. Am I doing something wrong?

I ran into pekka twice in a row doing Master. I wouldn't be surprised if appearance rate was higher in the harder dungeons.

J0dy77

Congrats on some great late game monsters. Are there any legitimate uses for Thor? I haven't bothered leveling mine since I can't think of a good fit. I was thinking some kind of 1/4/4 light/physical team with high HP monsters. Could be pretty cool but it would have relative low health

Here's what I was thinking for Thor:

5uH3XpFl.jpg

He has really strong stats now that he's dual yellow. If I could ever max out verche and Valyrie I think this dual Zeus team would be unstoppable. Weak to nothing, crushes dark and has a ton of burst. It's almost the same as the Unicorn team that George posted doing Hera but would be stronger overall with Thor. His stats are much better over the slightly more burst of unicorn's active skill.

Edit: the other reason I evolved him is that he's one of the last usable monsters I have left to evolve. Everything else is secondary now and easier to evolve. Red knight, second gigas, second echidna, etc.

Here's what I was thinking for Thor:

5uH3XpFl.jpg

He has really strong stats now that he's dual yellow. If I could ever max out verche and Valyrie I think this dual Zeus team would be unstoppable. Weak to nothing, crushes dark and has a ton of burst. It's almost the same as the Unicorn team that George posted doing Hera but would be stronger overall with Thor. His stats are much better over the slightly more burst of unicorn's active skill.

Edit: the other reason I evolved him is that he's one of the last usable monsters I have left to evolve. Everything else is secondary now and easier to evolve. Red knight, second gigas, second echidna, etc.
Wow that team looks pretty viable. I could make the same team with something to replace Raphael (maybe Ama or a max skill ancient light if they ever come around again). And my Valkerie is already max skilled! Not looking forward to maxing Verche though.

BlueSteel

What is everyone's mystic mask drop rate for ocean of heaven? I've run it about 10 times and have seen the mask about 6 times but no drops yet :|

Radav

What is everyone's mystic mask drop rate for ocean of heaven? I've run it about 10 times and have seen the mask about 6 times but no drops yet :|

I usually get about 2 a weekend if I run it that much. I've been getting tons of +eggs lately. Got like 7 so far this weekend Ive only run it like 5 times.

daemissary

Does anyone have a Minerva they could throw up? I'm looking to clear CoC legend before it disappears. I've got a high level Amaterasu and my ID is 346,431,299

Colby

I usually get about 2 a weekend if I run it that much. I've been getting tons of +eggs lately. Got like 7 so far this weekend Ive only run it like 5 times.

Yeah, this is about right. If you run it all weekend, you'll get one or two. I once got seven King Metals in one weekend, which was nice.

J0dy77

I've had a really good mystic farming weekend. I was down to 1 after the Thor evolves and am now back to 7. I got two in one run earlier this morning (first time that's ever happened). I've run Ocean of heaven exclusively this weekend, 3 levels with 105 stamina to burn each time. As long as you keep with it they'll eventually come.

Edit: now I just wish that hill of iris had the same drop chance on Monday for dub myths.

Jiraiza

I could use some Valk Rose lead friends, :x. My LD Raphael needs an attack buddy.

Excor@GAF
349-953-226

It never seems like anyone on the FB group ever wants to befriend me or something, feels bad man.

I've probably done about 25 runs this weekend and I've caught 2 masks, 2 kings, and 7 +eggs. I think that's about normal for all three.

I could use some Valk Rose lead friends, :x. My LD Raphael needs an attack buddy.

Excorsism
349-953-226

It never seems like anyone on the FB group ever wants to befriend me or something, feels bad man.

The FB group tend to only friend people with PG in their nickname; same as with here and GAF. For me when friend lists fill up the first people to go are usually ones without GAF or SA in their username.

BlueSteel

I've probably done about 25 runs this weekend and I've caught 2 masks, 2 kings, and 7 +eggs. I think that's about normal for all three.

Thanks for all of your accounts guys! 14th run or so and one finally dropped. That brings my haul to 1 mask, 1 king, and about 5 +eggs. I hadn't done this before so I thought people were getting like 5-6 a weekend.

J0dy77

Thanks for all of your accounts guys! 14th run or so and one finally dropped. That brings my haul to 1 mask, 1 king, and about 5 +eggs. I hadn't done this before so I thought people were getting like 5-6 a weekend.

They seem to come in bunches for me (3 in 2 rounds today). But if I had to guess an average I'd say somewhere between 5 and 10 rounds for every one drop.

So maybe:

Abyss Neptune (L)
Echidna
ADK
Zeus
Hera
CDD (FL)

Any better replacements?
EDIT (since at top of page) - I am trying to put together a non-Horus, non-Luci all-color team for the Dark Samurai Dragon coming on 7/8.

This team worked well enough on Expert with a CDD friend. Think I will try Master with a double-dark Hades.

mercviper

It's just what the PAD group on Facebook uses. I think it's for like, global maybe? Not sure.

What team are you guys using for Legend on the new all-color dungeon?

I went in blind with a 50% resist team + ama but I couldn't handle the burst from the big boss himself once he got below 30%. I only had 15k HP so it was a 1shot death :<. Running with 75% and a siren should make it a cakewalk though. The only caveat I can think of is that one of your resist leaders need to not be light type for round 6, and one needs to not be dragon type for round 7 to prevent both leaders from being bound.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I went in blind with a 50% resist team + ama but I couldn't handle the burst from the big boss himself once he got below 30%. I only had 15k HP so it was a 1shot death :<. Running with 75% and a siren should make it a cakewalk though. The only caveat I can think of is that one of your resist leaders need to not be light type for round 6, and one needs to not be dragon type for round 7 to prevent both leaders from being bound.

That seems relatively manageable. I could try an Odin + Resist team. That's Green and Dark. Echidna, Siren, Rose Valk, ???. That covers all colors. I could go with a second Siren for safety, or a Keeper for HP/Def.

mercviper

That seems relatively manageable. I could try an Odin + Resist team. That's Green and Dark. Echidna, Siren, Rose Valk, ???. That covers all colors. I could go with a second Siren for safety, or a Keeper for HP/Def.

Odin + resist you'll still need enough hp to be able to tank a 15326 hit from the boss when he enrages. Not sure if you'll hit that with Echidna + Siren, but I could be wrong.

His base attack is 23220 and his hard hit is 60% of that x3. Odin + resist will take the first hit at 6% of his normal damage, and the following 2 hits Odin won't be a part of, for 60% his base damage. Combined for 66% base damage, i.e. 15325.2 total damage.

Other things I didn't mention but good to keep in mind:

Round 1 is the exact same as the previous shrine dragon's. You need to match well in the beginning or you might lose out on 50 stamina.

The dark mid ninjas are definitely a threat this time around. You need to take them out ASAP as they multihit for 55k total damage. They've got the 14 hp + 60k defense gimmick and usually enter with a 6 turn timer, but I've seen as low as 5.

Wanchan

Nobunaga Get!

Cleared legend, no stone used, with :

D/D Hades
Red Giant Gigas
Ammy Oh
Bastet
Neptune
D/D Hades

Level were around 60~ for everyone but the D/D Hades helper, which was around 73 i think.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Odin + resist you'll still need enough hp to be able to tank a 15326 hit from the boss when he enrages. Not sure if you'll hit that with Echidna + Siren, but I could be wrong.

His base attack is 23220 and his hard hit is 60% of that x3. Odin + resist will take the first hit at 6% of his normal damage, and the following 2 hits Odin won't be a part of, for 60% his base damage. Combined for 66% base damage, i.e. 15325.2 total damage.

Other things I didn't mention but good to keep in mind:

Round 1 is the exact same as the previous shrine dragon's. You need to match well in the beginning or you might lose out on 50 stamina.

The dark mid ninjas are definitely a threat this time around. You need to take them out ASAP as they multihit for 55k total damage. They've got the 14 hp + 60k defense gimmick and usually enter with a 6 turn timer, but I've seen as low as 5.

Very valid info, thank you. I'll take this to the drawing board and get my team sorted out. I can probably muster up a team with ~20k health. I wish I had a SoD Luci for times like this. If I could afford to roll right now, I'd pump stones in to get one during the dark event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom