• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

4 clears of Master Dark Samurai, no drop. Need to shift focus to Ruby dungeon... should be able to get Echidna close to max level after today.

Looking at my monster box and the recommended teams I think I can 0-stone Hera-Is if I put more EXP and Marine Goblins into my Siren. Time to get cracking...

J0dy77

What are the thoughts on this team taking down Legendary Dark Samurai? Plan on using an Abyss Neptune as the other leader.

9qZiTkXl.jpg

Venus is extremely under leveled but need her resists.

Wow, yeah - easy team to put together. I've got everything there ready to go. Need a few more levels, but that's easy enough.

Is there an expected time that we'll see it?
Korea got her the last event, so I think there's a good chance she could pop up in a week for two. Really need to get Siren up to max skill level soon though. What's the best place for Marine Goblins, Polar Night Tower-2?

StMeph

Looking over some of the resist teams for this and I'm kicking myself for evolving Neptune to Heaven instead of Abyss. I wanted heaven for my Horus team but I never use him now that the Heartbreakers got busty evolves. Abyss is so much more useful with these special dungeons.

You can devolve ultimates and choose a different path, provided you have all the mats.

lenni

What's the best place for Marine Goblins, Polar Night Tower-2?

Conditional technical on Mondays.

Since I've pulled an Odin not long ago, I could also try Hera-Is if she were to come around. The monsters I'd really want though are Zeus and Valkyrie.
And another round of Naga and CDK wouldn't be bad, either. I always have really bad luck with both, getting the drops and getting the skill ups, so I only ever get about 1 skill up per time those come around. It's still mind-blowing how my CDK is still only skill level 4...

J0dy77

You can devolve ultimates and choose a different path, provided you have all the mats.

I've been debating rolling him back but man that's a lot of mats that I just don't have right now. Currently sitting on 1 dub myth and didn't get any farming Isis on Monday. Might be worth it but 6 dubs, a rainbow and 3 purple dubs is a lot.

I've been debating rolling him back but man that's a lot of mats that I just don't have right now. Currently sitting on 1 dub myth and didn't get any farming Isis on Monday. Might be worth it but 6 dubs, a rainbow and 3 purple dubs is a lot.
Keep in mind that once you get Hera-Is, Abyss Neptune will also suddenly become useless for Horus team comps and you may in fact want to busty him back to light again. Food for thought.

J0dy77

Keep in mind that once you get Hera-Is, Abyss Neptune will also suddenly become useless for Horus team comps and you may in fact want to busty him back to light again. Food for thought.

Thanks for making me feel better Cosmo. I don't have drawn joker though so the blue/purple resist combo would have been nice.

If I can somehow put together a team for Hera-IS I won't regret having him as light but not sure I have a team that will work. Not sure I can burn 1million HP each round with a horus team before getting smashed.

Whelp, time to prep for Hera-Is. Anyone else gonna try with Blue Noels / Gabriel?

I wasn't lucky enough to pull a Lucifer, otherwise I'd run with him.

Jagernaut

Whelp, time to prep for Hera-Is. Anyone else gonna try with Blue Noels / Gabriel?

I don't think the Blue Noels team will work even on Legendary because of the dragons on the 5th floor. You will have to face either Chaos Blizzard Dragon (special attack of 51,668 unresisted) or Chaos Devil Dragon (special attack of 66,444 unresisted). Dual resist + Odin is much safer.

I am going with the Abyss Neptune/Odin team.

I don't think the Blue Noels team will work even on Legendary because of the dragons on the 5th floor. You will have to face either Chaos Blizzard Dragon (special attack of 51,668 unresisted) or Chaos Devil Dragon (special attack of 66,444 unresisted). Dual resist + Odin is much safer.

What are you filling in the rest of your team with?

Hmmm. That is a bit much. Gonna have to run with my Drawn Joker, then.

Jagernaut

The sample team on the pad wiki is:

Abyss Neptune leader
Awoken Hera
Rainbow Keeper
Siren the Enchanter
Echidna the Red Empress
Green Odin leader

I'm thinking about replacing the RK with a 2nd gravity user to speed things up, but I don't know if that is riskier.

lenni

I'll try

L: Odin
Awoken Hera
Siren
Echidna
Rainbow Keeper
FL: Abyss Neptune

Everything between Lvl 50 and 65 right now, but I should be able to have everything up to 70 til Sunday. I hope that'll be enough to do Legendary.

@Jagernaut
Hera-Is is gonna bind everything for 1-3 turns on the first turn, so you need to pop RK skill on the first turn to survive. You'd speed up the dungeon with a second gravity user, but you'll spend at least one stone on Hera.

Blue Noel or that Neptune Abyss/GrOdin team. Just thinking how much faith do I have in Blue Noel.... It did allow me to no stone Goemon...

That Neptune Abyss/GrOdin team though. I could sub in a Dual Dark Hades (higher level, and quicker grav), and I have a max skilled Siren, decently skilled Echidna and a Rainbow keeper...

Jagernaut

Event info from PaD Facebook

Puzzle & Dragons - GungHo Official
*Beat the Heat with Puzzle & Dragons!!!*
[Duration]: 7/12 (Fri), midnight - 7/19 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)

There’s no doubt about it… it’s HOT. So what’s the best way to chill out? How about a cool new P&D event - featuring the first NA appearance of Hera-Is!

Legendary Dragon Rush!
[Duration]: 7/13 (Sat) midnight [12:00 AM] - 11:59 PM (PDT)
Can you beat all 5 Legendary Dragons? Can you beat them all in a row? Find out in this challenging new Dungeon!

Hera-Is Descended!
[Duration]: 7/14 (Sun) midnight [12:00 AM] - 11:59 PM (PDT)
A deadly new dungeon featuring the hotly anticipated ice queen!

Daily Free Magic Stone
[Duration]: 7/12 (Fri), 4:00 AM (PDT) - 7/19 (Fri)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses
[Duration]: 7/12 (Fri) – 7/19 (Fri)

What a sight for sore eyes! The Mystic Knights will be available at the Castle of Satan (both regular and Technical versions). Your favorite armored orb-changers will have a random chance to appear (and possibly drop!) during the event.

2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have special visits from the Super King Dragons - (including the new Super Jewel Kings) and the Pengdra Village!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine

[Stay tuned for more event info!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

So they heard us complaining! I have no idea if I'll be able to handle Mythical. I could try Horus, but that is a ton of health even after gravity, and the "mini" bosses are no joke either. And a Lucifer team won't have the health to take a hit on round 5. Legend it is I guess.

I wish my Goemon team was more ready. Still working on max skilling my second Gigas. Then I can evolve him and get him into the negative RCV. Then I get to wait around for another one to drop and go through it all again. Im really gonna need that negative RCV since I'm trying to get my Horus to +297. I got screwed the other day when I accidentally healed past the cutoff. It really is a risky team.

Abandond

Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine kinda sucks, but the rest sounds nice.

Are they not doing a daily dungeon for the other 5 days?

I'm thinking Goemon should be able to run through the Dragon Rush dungeon. Wouldn't mind scoring a blue mech dragon and the chaos devil dragons. I feel sad after feeding away my first CDD for all the +Eggs I fed to him early on when I started playing PAD.

legendary dragon rush... Is that a new dungeon, or just one we have never gotten.... Is there a drop from that? (I found the drop monster 413... I can't access the english websites so no clue who it is...)

I need a Mystic Mask for my Valk Busty EVO, so I am hoping that Legendary Dragon dungeon is easy...

Legendary Dragon Rush is a fun dungeon and pretty decent EXP depending on your level. Keep in mind it's a technical dungeon unlike the Legendary biweeklies themselves.

^^^Edit: all 5 of the legendary dragons have a chance of dropping and I believe it's the only place that drops an alternate, rare form of the dark legendary dragon. Drop rates dependent on difficulty level, of course.

Oh shit we're getting Super Jewels too

Keep in mind the Super King Jewel hits twice, because you know they just HAD to fuck over resolve/Grodin strats.

Super jewels.. Like R,B,G super jewels? Shiva will destroy them...

I think a blue noel team should be able to do very well in the legend dragon rush mythical. Well with Neptune at least... for round three, round 2 looks bad too though. Legendary might be where I pray to get that blue dragon... only one day though...

EDIT: Mystic Mask get... now I just need that light dub-mythlit... to the light technical!

ccbfan

Super Jewel Kings looks easy.

Just 4x nuker plus shiva means insta win.

Legendary Dragon rush looks easy with Goemon with 2 titan, 1 Enchilada, 1 of (Light Guard, Dark Guard)

Have 17718+ Hp

Round 1: take one hit. then attack. Try to make this 5 + turns.
Round 2: wait one rotation for open mouth, then nuke. Try to make this 9 + turns.
Round 3: Store reds and wait till right before attack. Use defense down and attack.
Round 4: You got 2 turns to kill the guy. Using one Titan should be enough might need 2.
Round 5: Use Enchilada. Should be easy win since you have at least 1 Titan skill.

caex

Neo Member
cPJbDni.jpg

iVk2A2O.jpg

or3I2Pn.jpg

u4eWpFl.jpg

eaPyma8.png

So, I've been playing this awhile after finding out about it by reading this thread. I was wondering what I can do to be able to take on the new Isis dungeon without getting defeated by the time the event ends. I've made it past Castle of Satan and done the first 2 technical dungeons, and I an loving the game.

Also, I still have my present available if anyone wants it, my code is 370,255,296. I will add the @GAF to my name if anyone takes me up on the offer.

I'm not too sure of what kind of team I want to build other than one that can take on Isis.

By Isis I assume you mean Hera-Is.

You are not going to be able to take on that dungeon by Sunday unless you spend hundreds of dollars to
1. Roll the REM until you get a team that can take beat Hera-Is
2. Level up said team to an acceptable level

And even then you might not make it since you may not physically have time to gather materials to do said leveling up.

caex

Neo Member
By Isis I assume you mean Hera-Is.

You are not going to be able to take on that dungeon by Sunday unless you spend hundreds of dollars to
1. Roll the REM until you get a team that can take beat Hera-Is
2. Level up said team to an acceptable level

And even then you might not make it since you may not physically have time to gather materials to do said leveling up.

Yeah, I meant Hera-Is. I'm ok with missing out, knew my team wasn't up to the level needed, been slowly leveling it up. Hopefully if it comes up again in the future, I'll be ready.

Speaking of the REM, looks like Japan is getting a Murakofest alongside the Godfest, which means this could be a great event to roll since a bunch of stuff is going to have 3x rate.

New dungeon debuting this event in Japan, Great Tengu Descended!

It's like the ADK Slime dungeon except you can have monsters up to a team cost of 12 in it, which I think opens up a few utility monsters that couldn't do the ADK one.

Also his leader skill is the same as Orochi's (!) and his active skill swaps him into your leader spot until the next time his skill activates (!!)

It's like the ADK Slime dungeon except you can have monsters up to a team cost of 12 in it, which I think opens up a few utility monsters that couldn't do the ADK one.

Also his leader skill is the same as Orochi's (!) and his active skill swaps him into your leader spot until the next time his skill activates (!!)

Dang, those abilities seem imba.

Pretty excited about the events this weekend, should be sweet.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

His skills seem neat, but situational. Given that most Mythical bosses are designed AGAINST zombie mechanics, I can't imagine him being useful on many teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom