• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's happened to me one time.

Any one else feeling a little burned out? Now more than ever, I'm feeling the grind of leveling up some of my pets.
Yeah these off weeks are a real downer. They need to bring around a new descended dungeon soon. Hopefully Hera-Is will show up in an event in the near future.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Really, they need to do what they do with these Dragon dungeons...Give us a new Descended or something with more than 24 hours to farm it.

J0dy77

Any one else feeling a little burned out? Now more than ever, I'm feeling the grind of leveling up some of my pets.

Clearing Zeus definitely took some of the enthusiasm out of the game but I still love the game and it's a great time killer. I just set goals and have fun with the 1.5x dungeons. One thing I just can't take anymore is plant day, that dynamic needs a pretty big over haul.

Cool. Just making sure.

Also fed up with raising pengdras. Lately I just feed away all the drops I get from dungeons on 1.5x drop. No patience for it anymore.

Guess I'll look at what it'll take to run Ice Hera.

StMeph

One thing I just can't take anymore is plant day, that dynamic needs a pretty big over haul.

I hate the whole plant/seed/pengdras combo....it's so terrible you know it's just here for us to buy more bag slots.

I agree that it's probably to force bag slots to be occupied while waiting for the schedule to tick around. If Pengdra Village became a regular Monday dungeon, I would be more amenable to Thursday plant farming.

Kreed

The dark mid ninjas are definitely a threat this time around. You need to take them out ASAP as they multihit for 55k total damage. They've got the 14 hp + 60k defense gimmick and usually enter with a 6 turn timer, but I've seen as low as 5.

Really wish I had seen this earlier. Was playing a Horus team and was just wasting turns so my skills could charge and the one dark mid ninja I left over pulled this attack and I was done.

I agree that it's probably to force bag slots to be occupied while waiting for the schedule to tick around. If Pengdra Village became a regular Monday dungeon, I would be more amenable to Thursday plant farming.
All the technical dungeons have a high pendraga rate corresponding. elements. Try those on off days.

NA P&D really needs to adopt the Japan model where they put up a random Descended dungeon at least once a week regardless of whether an event is running or not. Satan is up right now, for example, and Valk was up last week.

Also a full week of Scarlet Snake Princess and whatever the MFK dungeon is kthnx

They're pretty much going to have to do this unless they want us to overtake Japan in the weekly trophy dragon rotation, and we can't have that happening now, can we? (lol)

Holy shit Goemon is incredible. I just dealt 3 million damage in one turn, without activating Horus, with a half low level team. Can't wait to get this team all built up.

massoluk

Banned
Really wish I had seen this earlier. Was playing a Horus team and was just wasting turns so my skills could charge and the one dark mid ninja I left over pulled this attack and I was done.

:-\
I thought I was safe, the dark ninja got me too. 40 Stamina down the drain.

Korea getting a kind of ridiculous event starting Wednesday...
http://pad.neocyon.com/event/view.aspx?id=73

- 2 magic stones/day
- 2000 PAL points/day
- everybody gets another LV20 gift
- three fucking pantheons in Godfest
- 1-day limited time dungeon bullshit as usual
- other shit

This is excessive even by Japan event standards. Wonder if the KR version is lagging behind in sales...

daw840

I just got a Neneko. Says the active skill is dark to water orb changer. I really wish this monster had even semi decent stats though. :(

Limit

Which dungeon is the best place to acquire an Echidna? I ran through Fire - worshipping snake close to 2 dozen times and no drop.

Kyu

Neo Member
Which dungeon is the best place to acquire an Echidna? I ran through Fire - worshipping snake close to 2 dozen times and no drop.

I you can wait The naga dungeon is your best bet. Usually up for one day during event weeks. I personally don't think it is worth wasting stamina on normal dungeons now that the we have the naga dungeon

Raika

Right, so my team is looking better than it was compared to Horus + multicolored slimes now. I just wanna know if it's viable for the harder/Descended dungeons if I evolve and level up enough?

Leader:
Horus

Subs:
Amaterasu
Parvati
Siren
Dub Mythlit (gonna replace with Rainbow Keeper when he decides to drop)

Going non-IAP all the way so it's highly unlikely I'll be able to get gods like Susano/Orochi/Hades for my Horus team, so advice will be appreciated.

HildyB

What the hell does the @PG after all of these names actually stand for?

I thought it was PocketGamer site. Made sense to me, but I never looked into it. I just know that they are repping their sites when I see @anythinghere and I tend to know they like to play so I keep folks like that on my list.

So far I've seen:
@GAF
@PA (Penny Arcade)
@SA
@PG
@HK

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a very odd mix of Dark monsters in my box and I need to decide which to level. I feel like I could almost justify rolling during a dark event like this, but meh.

Thoughts? I have a few kings and pengdras to use up.

9245657435_753bd32f3b.jpg

Right, so my team is looking better than it was compared to Horus + multicolored slimes now. I just wanna know if it's viable for the harder/Descended dungeons if I evolve and level up enough?

Leader:
Horus

Subs:
Amaterasu
Parvati
Siren
Dub Mythlit (gonna replace with Rainbow Keeper when he decides to drop)

Going non-IAP all the way so it's highly unlikely I'll be able to get gods like Susano/Orochi/Hades for my Horus team, so advice will be appreciated.
I think your team is ok for now. Siren and Parvati are good to have, but both take away one color which makes it harder to activate Horus's skill. Amaterasu would seem like a useful skill on this team, but it takes a long time to charge. Her stats are very good though and she's a relatively useful monster to level up anyway.

Some good farmable monsters you'll want to look into for a Horus team:

Green/Blue Mech warriors: these act as a poor mans Susano with a skill-up-able half damage skill and give you a ton of HP too. Rainbow keeper can handle this in the mean time.

Heartbreakers: Vampire is probably your best bet until you can take on Two Heroes or Valkyrie. Gigas would be fine but RCV is very helpful on this team. Max skilled is best.

Hera/Zeus: A little bit of a long term goal, but gravity is alway nice if you can stall for long enough to charge it.

Echidna: This can complicate things a bit since she is also fire, so you'll have to make up for it with an ultimate evo somewhere or maybe an Isis friend instead of Horus. Again, max skill is best.

Dark/Light Golems: Eventually you won't need this to get past some high defense enemies, but until then, these monsters have great HP and decent attack and can cut down the defense. A Lilith would be ok for enemies with low health, but she won't really help against Neptune since this team is not built for stalling.

I think that's the basic building blocks for a free Horus team. But your team should be good until you can catch a few of these.

J0dy77

All the technical dungeons have a high pendraga rate corresponding. elements. Try those on off days.

It's not that the Pengdras are hard to find it's the stamina it takes to get them. Having a consistent Pengdra village gives you at least 1 evolved Pengdra making the 15 stamina worth your time. When you run the normal dungeons you're getting a lot of junk a few Pengdras and the rare mythlit.

I've said it before, there should be more plants available through normal dungeons and you should be able to evolve seeds into plants... 2 or 3 seeds evo into a plant would make it much less tedious.

Castle of Satan - Witch's Ball on the weekend. If you farm it with the 1.5x rate over a couple weekends you'll eventually see her drop. She might have a higher drop rate in a Hyperion Lava Flow but with Witch's ball you get a full weekend of 1.5x and have a chance of Vampire and Lilith dropping. I got all 3 from witch's ball but took A LOT of runs.

I have a very odd mix of Dark monsters in my box and I need to decide which to level. I feel like I could almost justify rolling during a dark event like this, but meh.

Thoughts? I have a few kings and pengdras to use up.]

Vamp, Hera, CDK. Order would depend on the rest of your box and team you're building around. Egyptian teams Vamp would be the priority, end game dungeon teams for Zeus or similar... Hera first. CDK for a Zaerog team.

I like J0dy77's suggestion about evolving seeds into plants. It definitely seems logical.

So, I am sitting on 16 evolved red pendgras (and can make 4 or 5 more), 2 evolved blue pendgras, and have 3 king metal dragons. I could use the red on red (Goemon, Freyr?) and the kings on dark (Hera, Loki, Duke?) or I could skip the same color benefit and max level Zeus (don't have all the mats to evolve him but would be close). Suggestions?

J0dy77

I like J0dy77's suggestion about evolving seeds into plants. It definitely seems logical.

So, I am sitting on 16 evolved red pendgras (and can make 4 or 5 more), 2 evolved blue pendgras, and have 3 king metal dragons. I could use the red on red (Goemon, Freyr?) and the kings on dark (Hera, Loki, Duke?) or I could skip the same color benefit and max level Zeus (don't have all the mats to evolve him but would be close). Suggestions?

Looks like someone else was farming Hill of Iris yesterday with me. lol

I'm sitting on 20 red pengdras, need a ruby dragon day in the worst way.

I'm going to try and max lvl echidna and horus with anything red. All green and black are going to my Light team... Zeus and Valk primarily.

- 2 magic stones/day
- 2000 PAL points/day
- other shit

This is excessive even by Japan event standards. Wonder if the KR version is lagging behind in sales...

Well damn. I can't wait for the day the US hits 1 Million Downloads.

We're not gonna hit 1 Million downloads, huh?

- 2 magic stones/day
- 2000 PAL points/day

- other shit

WHAT!!!!!!! COME ON! Japan and now Korea have gotten their LVL 20 gifts multiple times, but not America, and 2 magic stones and 2000 pal points per day? ridiculous

J0dy77

Finished Samurai dark dragon on master (no drop) with a Horus/Isis team and started feeling confident for Legendary. Went with a Horus/Horus team and was promptly wiped first round. Figured I could stall a round or so to charge viper but all 4 mobs hit hard. 16k HP along with the preemptive strike couldn't handle it.

Might keep doing master to get the drop and then try Legend again.

Finished Samurai dark dragon on master (no drop) with a Horus/Isis team and started feeling confident for Legendary. Went with a Horus/Horus team and was promptly wiped first round. Figured I could stall a round or so to charge viper but all 4 mobs hit hard. 16k HP along with the preemptive strike couldn't handle it.

Might keep doing master to get the drop and then try Legend again.
I was too scared to try Horus/Horus on legend so I went with a resist team. This worked out pretty well.

Abyss Neptune lead
Hera
Zeus
Horus
Odin
Light Hades friend

75% dark, 50% light and water resist really helped against the early stages. Triple gravity and poison was nice to cut down on the last fight, but a siren instead of Hera would have been extremely safe.

J0dy77

I was too scared to try Horus/Horus on legend so I went with a resist team. This worked out pretty well.

Abyss Neptune lead
Hera
Zeus
Horus
Odin
Light Hades friend

75% dark, 50% light and water resist really helped against the early stages. Triple gravity and poison was nice to cut down on the last fight, but a siren instead of Hera would have been extremely safe.

Hmm might have to put something together. I have a light/dark venus that is extremely under leveled.

I could definitely do it with the double Horus team if I can get enough time to charge Viper. 25 round to charge viper vs 10 rounds to charge Echidna is a big deal.

Does anyone have a damage calculator? I'd like to figure out with my team stats how much damage I'm doing per round. I might be able to the 3 million damage for legend in 4 rounds (assuming I can tank one hit).

Scratch

Abyss Neptune lead
Hera
Zeus
Horus
Odin
Light Hades friend

i went in on master (don't think legend will happen with my monsters)

CDD lead
Siren, the Enchanter
Echidna
ADK
Holy Lighting Dragon
Arch Lord Hades friend

wasn't as hard as i expected, and ended up getting nobunaga on my first clear. took a long ass time though :X

Yeah, reading their promotion is a MAJOR kick in the dick.
Comparatively all Japan got for 1million was like nine days of Breakers and Lightless Devil's Nest, lol. It almost makes me wonder if PAD isn't doing too hot in Korea so they feel the need to entice players with crazy promotions.

OTIX

Beat legend with a Drawn Joker + Light Hades team. Subs were Echidna, Siren, Odin, Zeus. Echidna is important since Hades will be locked by the first boss and Joker by the second. Some kind of nuker, like Odin or light whiskey is useful to finish off the boss faster when he reaches 30% and hits harder.

Abandond

I'm not exactly burnt out, but I'm not as addicted as I was, waiting for the stamina to recharge and stuff, :p.

I've decided to not use a single PAL egg until an event comes around that I like.

StMeph

In my view, that burnout comes from the feeling of stalled progression, whether it's an XP wall that prevents you from clearing content, or lack of materials, or lack of new content to tackle.

I felt the same way, but since I haven't beat all of the special dungeons yet, my barrier was XP. So until they brought Pengdra Village back for a huge boost, I felt like I was treading water as well. I firmly believe that a regular Monday rotation of Pengdra Village would make the game's curve much smoother.

I don't know what happens once your monsters are all high level and waiting for stuff to do though. I imagine that they can't produce content fast enough for that level of player.

It's a problem that's endemic to every constantly evolving game, not just PAD. Every MMO has the type of player who powergames to the new level cap a week after the devs raise it. The answer usually ends up being PVP or some hideously rare/expensive piece of loot with increasingly diminishing returns to grind up.

PAD doesn't really have either, since you can just stone a lot to get Hera-Butts or whatever up to max level/max SL/+297 in a day.

Wanchan

PaD is missing level-based dungeons (stamina restriction was someone doing this at low level but now..)...they're focusing too much on team composition rather than challenging stuff and it's getting old.

Abandond

Wasn't it just here a few events ago? I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up next week or whenever the next event is. It never hurts to be prepared.

I'm about a month and a week or so in and I think it came out when I first started.

I'm pretty much set for it I think, could level up my monsters a bit more, wish I didn't spend those 20 eggs before the dragon PAL event.

Limit

Why does Vampire lord require so much more exp for him to level up than even Gods? I have been focused on solely leveling him up since last week and only reached level 50 with him now. Plus he only has a level 5 form and that's it.

Jiraiza

I wonder if there's a list of Valk Rose leaders out there, my Light Team could use her to advance through the normal dungeons, :x.

Why does Vampire lord require so much more exp for him to level up than even Gods? I have been focused on solely leveling him up since last week and only reached level 50 with him now. Plus he only has a level 5 form and that's it.
Not sure why they chose to make the heart breakers level up to 70 before their 5 star form. The healer girls are the same way, but with a lower exp curve. I think it was just something they did early when they knew they were going to add an additional form. But stick with it, he is well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom