• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I've got more evo cards than monsters by a long shot. I don't even know what to keep. I'm halfway tempted to start cleaning house and going for the evos when I need them.

Radav

You would think, but I tried it and its much worse, the levels they appear in only have 2 floors where they can show up, plus the fact that they are less likely to drop in a standard dungeon means you will burn through your stamina before you likely even get one.

Yeah, I think you're right. I guess that's what I'll be spending all of my stamina on today. Then tomorrow all of my stamina will be going towards the emerald dragon dungeons so I will hopefully get a bunch of those little ones to use on evolving wood pengdras. I really feel like I could use double the stamina I have at this point. lol

Ronok

I'd like a suggestions. Right now I have two Plessie's which were my gifts from r20. I also have a Blue Dragon. Which is better as my water element monster?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'd like a suggestions. Right now I have two Plessie's which were my gifts from r20. I also have a Blue Dragon. Which is better as my water element monster?

The way I understand it is that the Lil' Blue Dragon's final evolution is better. He takes more work/time/money, but he's a key component to one of the end game teams.

Jinko

Generally I level the one with the highest attack, unless you are after something specific skill wise.

Anyone else thinking of using Evolved Chimera's as their main attackers ?

ParityBit

Different sort of build. Ammy is unquestionably the best healer, but Valk is only obtainable through the rare machine and she lets you build a pretty crazy cool offensive team with healer girls.

So if someone were to reroll, which would be better to get as your starter?

blackflag

Just beat the Forest Technical dungeon, if you wana beat the boss you should prob take an Asgard along :p

I had no problem with that. It didn't seem hard at all, but when do others unlock? Is the point of those dungeons just to get the pengdras for fusion?

Victrix

*beard*
So if someone were to reroll, which would be better to get as your starter?

Different, not better, shrug.

Leading with Ammy means you can get an Odin or Orochi or 50% elemental resist buddy and clear damn near anything early on, between your healing and the damage reduction/sturdy.

Leading with Valk means you're going to need to acquire Valk buddies for the multiplier and you're going to have to level all of the healer girls to max level/evolution, which means a ton of farming.

Victrix

*beard*
Nah, the little dragons evolve to 50% elemental resist. This is useful for using them as a leader on the elemental Sky Dragon dungeons.

The starter dragons evolve to have a 2x damage multiplier for their element, making for an easy 4x team (your starter + a friend starter)

They're all useful, I don't even know what an 'end game' team means in terms of PAD, given that the later dungeons require fairly specific team setups to conquer from what I can tell, and its not like theres a final boss and credits roll :p

ParityBit

Different, not better, shrug.

Leading with Ammy means you can get an Odin or Orochi or 50% elemental resist buddy and clear damn near anything early on, between your healing and the damage reduction/sturdy.

Leading with Valk means you're going to need to acquire Valk buddies for the multiplier and you're going to have to level all of the healer girls to max level/evolution, which means a ton of farming.

Hrm. Well I am looking for a second solid game running on my phone. I have ADK for my iPad, which hopefully I will get some more good monsters.

I rolled this morning with an Amu on my cell, so I was thinking of sticking with that so I can have two games going. Just need to decide what to go for on my cell.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
any details on this? havn't heard of 'end game teams' yet

Nah, the little dragons evolve to 50% elemental resist. This is useful for using them as a leader on the elemental Sky Dragon dungeons.

The starter dragons evolve to have a 2x damage multiplier for their element, making for an easy 4x team (your starter + a friend starter)

They're all useful, I don't even know what an 'end game' team means in terms of PAD, given that the later dungeons require fairly specific team setups to conquer from what I can tell, and its not like theres a final boss and credits roll :p

Actually, they do make a fantastic end game team. Read below.

Lil’ Dragons: Advice

Q: What should I do with my Lil’ Dragon?

A: Lil’ Dragons, including the Lil’ Red Dragon #21, Lil’ Blue Dragon #24, Lil’ Green Dragon #27, Lil’ White Dragon #30, and Lil’ Black Dragon #35, while they may not seem like much when you first receive them, become extremely powerful dragons after you have evolved them to their fourth and final, five-star form. Lil’ Red Dragon becomes Meteor Volcano Dragon #211, Lil’ Blue Dragon becomes Crystal Aurora Dragon #212, Lil’ Green Dragon becomes Graviton Earth Dragon #213, Lil’ White Dragon becomes Lightning Holy Dragon #214, and Lil’ Black Dragon becomes Chaos Devil Dragon #215. Lil’ Blue Dragon becomes Crystal Aurora Dragon.

These resist (or ‘ripper) dragons are among the most popular creatures to focus on early in the game—and indeed, it is generally recommended to do so. The only major obstacle in evolving them to their final form is a 623,949 experience requirement needed to move from level 1 to 70 prior to evolution. They begin their final form with exceptional stats, ready for inclusion in a team, so, outside easily leveling them to 20 or 30, there is not much need to focus on them further unless for a specific reason (such as increasing the power of a team in which they play a central role).

In gameplay resist dragons are valuable for a few reasons. First, a resist dragon is an excellent addition to most teams. Their 20,000 damage to all enemies ability is powerful and helpful to have available when clearing dangerous dungeons. Combined with Ancient Dragon Knight #231 leaders (see ‘Mystic Knights’) the resist dragons represent the starting point for an extremely powerful 6.25x damage ‘ADK’ team which can be used to clear a range of dungeons in addition to the master-level weekend dungeon (see ‘Ancient Dragon Knight Team’). Second, these resist dragons represent the easiest means through which most master-level special events can be cleared. Not only is one of these dragons typically used to reduce damage from enemies in the dungeon, but its 20,000 damage attack can typically be used to clear a single floor. A common strategy is to charge skills on the first round, clear the second with combos, and the third and fourth with 20,000 damage attacks. Charge skills on the fifth floor boss, and repeat to reach the final battles. Resist dragons can also be used in a similar way to defeat (and obtain) wednesday’s Keeper of Rainbow.

"Endgame" basically means "teams that can survive/beat the hardest dungeons", which is pretty nebulous considering there are a lot of things that can go wrong up there.

garath

Actually, they do make a fantastic end game team. Read below.

Lil’ Dragons: Advice

Q: What should I do with my Lil’ Dragon?

A: Lil’ Dragons, including the Lil’ Red Dragon #21, Lil’ Blue Dragon #24, Lil’ Green Dragon #27, Lil’ White Dragon #30, and Lil’ Black Dragon #35, while they may not seem like much when you first receive them, become extremely powerful dragons after you have evolved them to their fourth and final, five-star form. Lil’ Red Dragon becomes Meteor Volcano Dragon #211, Lil’ Blue Dragon becomes Crystal Aurora Dragon #212, Lil’ Green Dragon becomes Graviton Earth Dragon #213, Lil’ White Dragon becomes Lightning Holy Dragon #214, and Lil’ Black Dragon becomes Chaos Devil Dragon #215. Lil’ Blue Dragon becomes Crystal Aurora Dragon.

These resist (or ‘ripper) dragons are among the most popular creatures to focus on early in the game—and indeed, it is generally recommended to do so. The only major obstacle in evolving them to their final form is a 623,949 experience requirement needed to move from level 1 to 70 prior to evolution. They begin their final form with exceptional stats, ready for inclusion in a team, so, outside easily leveling them to 20 or 30, there is not much need to focus on them further unless for a specific reason (such as increasing the power of a team in which they play a central role).

In gameplay resist dragons are valuable for a few reasons. First, a resist dragon is an excellent addition to most teams. Their 20,000 damage to all enemies ability is powerful and helpful to have available when clearing dangerous dungeons. Combined with Ancient Dragon Knight #231 leaders (see ‘Mystic Knights’) the resist dragons represent the starting point for an extremely powerful 6.25x damage ‘ADK’ team which can be used to clear a range of dungeons in addition to the master-level weekend dungeon (see ‘Ancient Dragon Knight Team’). Second, these resist dragons represent the easiest means through which most master-level special events can be cleared. Not only is one of these dragons typically used to reduce damage from enemies in the dungeon, but its 20,000 damage attack can typically be used to clear a single floor. A common strategy is to charge skills on the first round, clear the second with combos, and the third and fourth with 20,000 damage attacks. Charge skills on the fifth floor boss, and repeat to reach the final battles. Resist dragons can also be used in a similar way to defeat (and obtain) wednesday’s Keeper of Rainbow.

Pretty cool. I just evolved my 'lil black dragon a second time. Guess I'll keep going.

Jinko

Oh? I didn't know that. I was kinda bummed that I received two 3* pulls from the rare gacha. Was hoping for a new addition to my current team :p.

I need to sell off some evo materials though, since I have 4 masks of several colors (2* masks, not the harder ones) and my box is getting full. I'll keep one of each since I can always do the mask dungeon if needed.

Here's to hoping I get a good roll after I get my Castle of Satan magic stone. Anyone got an idea what you should do with multiple lil' dragons of the same type btw? (I'm at a loss on what I should be doing, because I don't think I need to have three of the same type at max level?)

Just looked at Pierdra, he's pretty good especially for the Sky Dragon of Darkness. (Expert and Master)

Personally I prefer the toy dragons to the lil dragons because they have secondary used, plus their orb changing ability, granted the lil dragons have better damage output though.

For example Changing orbs to hearts in a no RCV dungeon can save your skin.

If I'm not mistaken the toy dragons only provide 30% damage reduction as opposed to the 50% provided by fully evolved li'l dragons, which might end up being a dealbreaker depending on the dungeon you're in.

Uthred

So it seems that the only way to clear some dungeons is to have a resolve/zombie team, is there any particular formation thats recommended? e.g. Resolve anchor, orb changer, healer, blah, blah, blah ?

I love this game but man is it buggy as all get out on my Android. I have to try about a dozen times to get it to run without freezing or crashing when I start it up.

Jinko

I love this game but man is it buggy as all get out on my Android. I have to try about a dozen times to get it to run without freezing or crashing when I start it up.

Hmm not having that problem here, it does run slow at times for me, but that's mostly cause my phone needs upgrading.

Between the crashing, battery consumption, and process not actually ending when you kill it, it really seems like the Android version was an afterthought for the US release. Shucks.

I hit level 20 and I have one space left on my friend list. If someone would like to share the level 20 present just PM me with your info.

EDIT: Present sent. I got a Pterra and he sent me a present as well, a Spinon.

yeah battery is pretty brutal with this thing. I would imagine shitty coding with the 'constant internet connection' bit. I usually just manually kill it when i'm done playing

bad side effect of 'multtasking'

No crashes, but definite battery killer on my Galaxy 2. Someone mentioned the process keeps running even after closing the app; that would explain the drain. Is force stopping a solution?

Tarps

Yeah, I recommend going Options > Title Screen and pressing Back to close the app on android. Backing out through 'Home' will leave it running and kill your device.

Victrix

*beard*
Yes. On Android platforms you must Force Close it to stop it. ^^^ That doesn't work, or at least, when I did it it still drained. Only killing the process entirely seems to work.

Tarps

I guess it may vary from device to device, but on my Nexus I get a dialog prompting to close the app (which works for me)

harrytang

8369926995_45d37017bd.jpg

managed to get this after finally beating the special dungeon on expert a few times. leveled the salamander to 5* after getting one king metal dragon. went straight to 6* using busty evolution. rainbow dub, 3 green dub and one dragon fruit i got yesterday.

now to busty evo my ogre. need to get a gatekeeper in the color i need.

Jinko

Yeah, I recommend going Options > Title Screen and pressing Back to close the app on android. Backing out through 'Home' will leave it running and kill your device.

I didn't even know you could do that, thanks.

8369926995_45d37017bd.jpg

managed to get this after finally beating the special dungeon on expert a few times. leveled the salamander to 5* after getting one king metal dragon. went straight to 6* using busty evolution. rainbow dub, 3 green dub and one dragon fruit i got yesterday.

Sweet looking monster.

mercviper

[ img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8195/8369926995_45d37017bd.jpg[/img]

What's busty evo?

It's a Google mistranslation of "ultimate evolution", it's a secret evolution path that gives your monster a second element. Instead of doing it through the evolve menu, you do it through power up with a certain combination of monsters. Not all ult evolutions on the Chinese wiki are available in the US currently; when you do an ultimate evolution the fusion button will glow gold so you can tell if you're wasting your mats or not.

mercviper

a way to create dual colored monsters. some are easier than others. you can do it at any time with right monster, max level not required. you do it through a fusion and not the evo screen. http://tinyurl.com/crwng6v

So basically you do a normal fusion with a certain set of monsters and it adds a dual element to it?

edit:
It's a Google mistranslation of "ultimate evolution", it's a secret evolution path that gives your monster a second element. Instead of doing it through the evolve menu, you do it through power up with a certain combination of monsters. Not all ult evolutions on the Chinese wiki are available in the US currently; when you do an ultimate evolution the fusion button will glow gold so you can tell if you're wasting your mats or not.

Ah. It also seems from the wiki linked that it keeps the experience levels etc. in this ultimate evolution instead of reverting back to level 1 like a normal one.

MicH

What are the odds! Just started a new game on my iPad (playing on both phone and iPad) and my first roll is a Cupid. Sweet! After completing the first five dungeons I decide to use my five stones for another roll and of course I get an Angel! Not sure what to do me with both... Feed the Cupid to my Angel?

xCobalt

opened the first technical dungeon, are Chimera's worth adding to a hobo party?

Chimeras and Devils are very useful to Zombie (resolve) teams. They have low hp and high attack which means they can maintain a decent amount of damage output in high level dungeons while requiring little recovery in order to activate resolve.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Asking again, but what am I supposed to with the sapphire dragons I got this weekend? Will different exp-Dragon events have different colors? (Eg the ones I got are all blue, will there be events when the dragons will be ask dark?)

So if I have all blue, what do I do now? Feed them to another smaller monster or straight to my big guys? Only same-color for the bonus? Do I level them up first or feed them as level ones? What about the king Dragon I got? Sorry for the many questions but I don't wanna waste all the exp, esp the 80k the king Dragon gives :p

Jinko

Asking again, but what am I supposed to with the sapphire dragons I got this weekend? Will different exp-Dragon events have different colors? (Eg the ones I got are all blue, will there be events when the dragons will be ask dark?)

So if I have all blue, what do I do now? Feed them to another smaller monster or straight to my big guys? Only same-color for the bonus? Do I level them up first or feed them as level ones? What about the king Dragon I got? Sorry for the many questions but I don't wanna waste all the exp, esp the 80k the king Dragon gives :p

Dark dragons are metal dragons which is today, the times are posted above.

You can feed sapphire dragons to whatever you like you just will lose a percentage of the XP if the monster isn't water based.

You can't level enhancement dragons.

Does anyone have a full list of all the dungeons? Also, what is the maximum rank and how much stamina / team cost will I have at that rank?

Kosh

So it seems that the only way to clear some dungeons is to have a resolve/zombie team, is there any particular formation thats recommended? e.g. Resolve anchor, orb changer, healer, blah, blah, blah ?

This is from the ggftw thread. http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/118764-iphone-android-puzzle-dragons.html#post1783779

Valkyrie recovery teams (6.25x or Sturdy variant)
ZdtLA.png

Behold, the team (Sturdy variant) that is acknowledged by many as the team that can clear Hell Hera easily under relatively low specs. 6.25x offers above average offense with great recovery management, though has a low HP weakness (but low HP/high recovery is a plus for sturdy, so there).

Team members are basically interchangeable depending on dungeons, so it gives you a lot of flexibility. Grass and Light healers are generally considered useless and are not used.

Sturdy/Odin teams
HKYVR.png

Basically, they are variations of Orochi/Amaterasu Ookami/Awakened Odin with other monsters. Shown above are viable sturdy teams that can clear Hera Hell Dungeon.

Orochi/Amaterasu Ookami teams generally aim for monsters with low HP and high offense. An Ookami at maximum level and +99 recovery heals 4745 HP a turn, thus allowing you to have teams of up to 9489 HP. Siren is an inferior alternative who can heal for 2964 HP a turn at maximum.

Awakened Odin teams allow for a higher HP pool (requires a minimum of 16500 at Hera), but otherwise functions similar to Orochi sturdy teams.

Titans + Little Matchstick Plus (the fire sturdy team) is a rather unique combination. Little Matchstick Plus is actually a offensive-type monster with shit max HP (100) but incredible max atk (1765). Titans provides the recovery -> fire skill for offensive boost (since you need no recovery gems at all). However, Little Matchstick Plus is an event monster that drops only at Taiko no Tatsujin dungeons. Please grind 3 of these if when the dungeon is opened. I joined the game during this event, and so I had no idea how great these little things are (kept only 1, junked the rest). Amaterasu Ookami can be replaced with Siren, since the HP pool will be incredibly low. Basically the cheap no-cash sturdy team in the game.

garath

Yea can be tough getting decent monsters, especially several teams, the good thing about dark and light monsters is they have no resist outside of defence.

Only if your device is rooted.

Bleh Metal dragons again

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/11/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

Crap. I misread my slot and missed it. Thought it was 1pm my time, not noon. Whoops. I hate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom