• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

Okay so here's the thing.

Ever since I switched to Horus, I freaky love him. I have a very high % of landing his combo.

Now I'm in deep need of Horus friends! :)

So if you typically run Horus, add me. I've cleared 6 friend spots because they were typically using shitty leaders :(

My ID is 317,845,206.

Kreed

His skills seem neat, but situational. Given that most Mythical bosses are designed AGAINST zombie mechanics, I can't imagine him being useful on many teams.

But that's where his active skill would come into play if it works the way Cosmo Clock 21 is describing. You'd swap him in when a situation arises where you may need a zombie, like say your leaders getting frozen or when the boss starts doing "stronger" attacks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
But that's where his active skill would come into play if it works the way Cosmo Clock 21 is describing. You'd swap him in when a situation arises where you may need a zombie, like say your leaders getting frozen or when the boss starts doing "stronger" attacks.

For single hit bosses, yeah - definitely legit. But someone like Zeus who uses Supernova, it becomes useless. Really, it's designed to take a big hit in an "oh shit" situation that would allow it.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll be REALLY excited to see what teams people put together with him, but I'm not expecting anything totally game breaking awesome like Goemon/Goemon or Ra/Ra skills.

J0dy77

Ever since I switched to Horus, I freaky love him. I have a very high % of landing his combo.

So if you typically run Horus, add me. I've cleared 6 friend spots because they were typically using shitty leaders :(

My ID is 317,845,206.

We're already friends. :)

Make sure you find lots of Isis friends as well. Clearing normal dungeons is infinitely easier with a Isis/Horus team. A 3x combo usually leaves one mob on a round and allows you to stall if needed.

Yaari

I'm so excited for the Chinese gods update. I probably won't get Kirin anyway but maybe I'll start a new account with one instead.

You can pretty much get the entire Kirin team by non IAP. And noone even seems to be talking about the Megatrons anymore.

TimeKillr

We're already friends. :)

Make sure you find lots of Isis friends as well. Clearing normal dungeons is infinitely easier with a Isis/Horus team. A 3x combo usually leaves one mob on a round and allows you to stall if needed.

Yeah, I have a ton of people using Isis (including my gf, so I make sure to use her leader often lol).

And yeah, that's a good idea - leaving a 3x combo to leave someone up so I can stall, but the problem is if I'm running a Horus team, I'll cover all 5 colors to make sure I can always do 4 a turn. We'll see anyway.

And yes we are, and I do use your Horus quite a bit :)

My ID is 317,845,206.
I thought we were friends but I guess not. Invite sent.

J0dy77

Puzzle & Dragons - GungHo Official
*Beat the Heat with Puzzle & Dragons!!!*
[Duration]: 7/12 (Fri), midnight - 7/19 (Fri), 11:59 PM (PDT)

There’s no doubt about it… it’s HOT. So what’s the best way to chill out? How about a cool new P&D event - featuring the first NA appearance of Hera-Is!

Legendary Dragon Rush!
[Duration]: 7/13 (Sat) midnight [12:00 AM] - 11:59 PM (PDT)
Can you beat all 5 Legendary Dragons? Can you beat them all in a row? Find out in this challenging new Dungeon!

Hera-Is Descended!
[Duration]: 7/14 (Sun) midnight [12:00 AM] - 11:59 PM (PDT)
A deadly new dungeon featuring the hotly anticipated ice queen!

Daily Free Magic Stone
[Duration]: 7/12 (Fri), 4:00 AM (PDT) - 7/19 (Fri)
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses
[Duration]: 7/12 (Fri) – 7/19 (Fri)

What a sight for sore eyes! The Mystic Knights will be available at the Castle of Satan (both regular and Technical versions). Your favorite armored orb-changers will have a random chance to appear (and possibly drop!) during the event.

2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have special visits from the Super King Dragons - (including the new Super Jewel Kings) and the Pengdra Village!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
2x Skill Up rate
Rare Evo Materials at the Pal Egg Machine

[Stay tuned for more event info!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Surprised no one posted the event details. What's the legendary dragon dungeon all about?

Abandond

My ID is 317,845,206.

Added you.

I'm back to using Horus, so feel free to add me: 338,951,210.

I'll have him evolved tomorrow.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are we expecting a fest of some sort thrown in there?

Also, very excited to try the Legendary Dragon Rush. That sounds like a neat diversion from the ultra hard stone munchers.

I do wish that Hera-Is was around for more than a day, though.

lenni

So, how many Hera-Is should one aim for?
I'd guess 2, one to evolve and one to have as mono-blue in case a dungeon with dark bind comes around?

BlueSteel

Got around to beating all the tech dungeons. Now it's just waiting till I get enough stamina to take on celestial dragon and any of the special events.

Got around to beating all the tech dungeons. Now it's just waiting till I get enough stamina to take on celestial dragon and any of the special events.
I've been using the past week to finally get through the normal dungeons. I'm at starlight sanctuary now and I'll probably run it on Saturday when it has the drop bonus. Next time we're on an event break maybe I'll finish up the tech dungeons too. The bonus I've gotten this week running normal dungeons during they're respective 1.5 times is that I've gotten a bunch of +eggs. I may start doing that instead of pengdra farming from now on.

Just started playing this yesterday. Is there anything I should know that isn't in the OP?
My first magic crystal egg gave me a Naga, which from what I've read becomes fairly decent?

Is someone working on the OT2? We're almost at 20k lol!
I started on a rough draft but kinda shelved it after realizing how massive it would have to be if I would have to expand+update the mini guide. Maybe I should just leave the nitty gritty stuff as todo.

Just started playing this yesterday. Is there anything I should know that isn't in the OP?
My first magic crystal egg gave me a Naga, which from what I've read becomes fairly decent?
Naga's fully evolved form is the most important sub in the entire game; however she is not a good leader to build a team around and is farmable without having to roll the rare egg machine.

You could keep on playing to get used to the gameplay mechanics until the next Godfest hits (in a few days), when you can start a new account and try for a recommended starter. You should be able to catch back up super quickly with a good leader.

Yaari

W4GPCyR.png

I hope to run Hera-Is with that. I was planning on doing something with my Luci, but the lack of a Rainbow Keeper is making sure that won't be happening.

Any take on this team, I just want to be able to beat Legendary, and hope to get lucky. I just need 1 Hera-Is.

J0dy77

I posted the event details and a link to info on the Legendary Dragon Rush dungeon yesterday.

Not sure how I missed that. I think I could clear master dragon rush but no chance on legend unless there is some kind of resist team I can put together. Will probably just skip it.

Well I have some unevolved golems. Ironically what I would need to evolve them is a rainbow keeper....

So I could use a flame guardian that is SL 1. Or I could go with an earth golem that is SL 3. I suppose one of them will have to do.

I hope to run Hera-Is with that. I was planning on doing something with my Luci, but the lack of a Rainbow Keeper is making sure that won't be happening.

Any take on this team, I just want to be able to beat Legendary, and hope to get lucky. I just need 1 Hera-Is.

Yaari, could you post or pm me your ID? I didn't see it on the list, but I could really use your abyss neptune over the next few days! My id is 314,250,221, by the way.

Scratch

i was wondering if I could also use somebody's dark neptune for my hera-is attempts.

my ID is 332,256,249

also, i was wondering if it's okay that my PAD name @ Gaf is different than my GAF name. or should I change it to match, just for simplicity sake?

edit: also according to pad.wikia, the Greek/Roman godfest, "The Pantheon" is scheduled for 7/14-7/15

Yaari

Sure! just add me. The Abbys Neptune is nothing spectacular, but its better than nothing. And I'll keep him up all day.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i was wondering if I could also use somebody's dark neptune for my hera-is attempts.

my ID is 332,256,249

also, i was wondering if it's okay that my PAD name @ Gaf is different than my GAF name. or should I change it to match, just for simplicity sake?

edit: also according to pad.wikia, the Greek/Roman godfest, "The Pantheon" is scheduled for 7/14-7/15

Oh man, that's a pretty legit selection of gods.

Jagernaut

From puzzleanddragonsforum, the mystic knight schedule:

Castle of Satan (Friday + Saturday):
1 - Mystic Stone Knight
2 - Mystic Ice Knight
3 - Mystic Flame Knight
4 - Mystic Dark Knight
5 - Mystic Light Knight

Castle of Satan in the Abyss (Fri+Sat):
1 - Mystic Flame Knight
2 - Mystic Dark Knight
3 - Mystic Light Knight
4 - Mystic Stone Knight
5 - Mystic Ice Knight

CoS is 100% confirmed as of now. Not CoSitA yet though it seems to be following the trend.

Good time to pick up any mystic knights you are missing. If you see them they are a guaranteed drop.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can you explain what's going on there? I'm a bit confused.

Also, BB&B has $25 iTunes cards for $20. If you're an IAP player like myself, now is a fine time to stock up!

raiot

Its easy, Castle of Satan and Castle of Satan in the Abyss (Technical) have a chance of a mystic knight appearance. They don't appear often, but when they invade, they are a guaranteed drop.
I ran Cursed Jewels 12 times, and got myself 4 Flame Knights.

Jagernaut

Its easy, Castle of Satan and Castle of Satan in the Abyss (Technical) have a chance of a mystic knight appearance. They don't appear often, but when they invade, they are a guaranteed drop.

Yes, and the numbers 1 - 5 are the floors of each dungeon where the knights may drop.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes, and the numbers 1 - 5 are the floors of each dungeon where the knights may drop.

Gotcha - so it's what floor a given knight can appear on. And ONLY that knight can appear, none of the others.

Thanks!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Last time the event rolled around the appearance rate of a knight was empirically determined to be around 15%. Steel yourselves for pain and suffering...

I have no intentions of trying to skill any of my knights. It's always such a kick in the nuts. Besides, my Duke is already max skilled, so there's no need to run it for that purpose.

That being said, I'm fucking RAGING about not encountering a Unicorn yet. I can't begin to count how many runs on Master I've done. I'm starting to run it with bullshit teams to help combat the monotony.

StMeph

They don't appear often, but when they invade, they are a guaranteed drop.

4/12 runs is not bad. Is that a good approximation of their appearance rate? About 1/3?

Edit:

Last time the event rolled around the appearance rate of a knight was empirically determined to be around 15%. Steel yourselves for pain and suffering...

Nevermind.

Is there a particular floor on Ocean of Heaven that tends to drop the Mystic Mask more often? I've been running the first floor and have seen about 3 but none have dropped.

my ID is 332,256,249

I just sent an invite. I wouldn't worry too much about your name. My GAF name wouldn't fit as a PAD name so I had to use a different one (Remraf@GAF).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a particular floor on Ocean of Heaven that tends to drop the Mystic Mask more often? I've been running the first floor and have seen about 3 but none have dropped.

People often run Sea God of Heaven because of more battles. No floor has a better drop chance. Your best bet is to run it at 1.5x to help increase the chances accordingly.

J0dy77

I always run Sea God for the more rounds and more chances to appear per stamina spent and always on 1.5x. It's heartbreaking having the mask as the last monster on a round and not drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom