• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nista

I need a couple for Abyss Neptunes for Hera-IS, going to have my Odin up for it (nothing amazing) 399,531,296.

Hope I have better luck with these knight drops than I did last time it was up for the event. ;)

I will be running a Abyss Neptune all day on Sunday.

399 633 290.

Normal Leaders are Shiva 6*, Persephone 6*, Blue Noel, Awoken Zues, and Seraph Raphael (for a light team when there are no more zues friends).

does anyone think a higher HP Midgard (5* blue guardian) will be better off than a stock rainbow keeper?

It has higher HP and is already a color match, 200 less ATK but but I can deal with that.

Scratch

thanks for adding me guys :)

i'm pretty sure i won't be able to do hera-is without lots of stones spent and lots of tears wept, but i'll do my best anyway :X

RnM9SEql.jpg

This is the closest I could get to the recommended Neptune/Odin team. All I've really lost without the Rainbow Keeper is 1000 HP, 400 ATK, and 100 RCV. My total HP should be around 14k and RCV around 2.5k.

So what exactly is the game plan with this team? Is there anything special that needs to be done?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
RnM9SEql.jpg

This is the closest I could get to the recommended Neptune/Odin team. All I've really lost without the Rainbow Keeper is 1000 HP, 400 ATK, and 100 RCV. My total HP should be around 14k and RCV around 2.5k.

So what exactly is the game plan with this team? Is there anything special that needs to be done?

5F is the real test due to that mega damage. As long as you have a good GrOdin partner, it shouldn't be an issue. Max skill Siren is almost a must, and any slvl Echidna will be nice. Make sure Hera is ready.

At Is, just take your time. With full health, GrOdin + Neptune should mean you take ~ 1500 damage. So one heart match will do it. Her multi-hit is where you'll have to be careful since GrOdin won't trigger.

5F is the real test due to that mega damage. As long as you have a good GrOdin partner, it shouldn't be an issue. Max skill Siren is almost a must, and any slvl Echidna will be nice. Make sure Hera is ready.

At Is, just take your time. With full health, GrOdin + Neptune should mean you take ~ 1500 damage. So one heart match will do it. Her multi-hit is where you'll have to be careful since GrOdin won't trigger.
So I assume i should activate RK/Golem the turn before Hera's first attack? That's essentially the whole point of bringing it along right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I assume i should activate RK/Golem the turn before Hera's first attack? That's essentially the whole point of bringing it along right?

No, save it for when she starts multi-hitting. I think it's at <30% HP?

E: Finally got all my main monsters uploaded to the PDX database!

jVMiruU.jpg

Yaari

I'm going to have to write some of that stuff down, I won't even be close to 1 stoning otherwise.

To be clear, I can use Zeus just as easily instead of Hera for Gravity, or does she lock him up or something?

Also, I can pick between Susano and Asgard. Susano having 1000 less HP but a stronger skill (Which is his whole purpose). Then again, 1000HP... Asgard also has 200 less RCV.

What should I get?

I'm going to have to write some of that stuff down, I won't even be close to 1 stoning otherwise.

To be clear, I can use Zeus just as easily instead of Hera for Gravity, or does she lock him up or something?

Also, I can pick between Susano and Asgard. Susano having 1000 less HP but a stronger skill (Which is his whole purpose). Then again, 1000HP... Asgard also has 200 less RCV.

What should I get?
Zeus maybe works better? Some of the earlier mobs lock light element so be prepared for that.

Susanoo better due to the higher RCV and better skill but check the math on his HP so you can survive whatever bullshit attacks the monsters use on you.

Yaari

Zeus maybe works better? Some of the earlier mobs lock light element so be prepared for that.

Susanoo better due to the higher RCV and better skill but check the math on his HP so you can survive whatever bullshit attacks the monsters use on you.

Yeah looks like I'm good on that. Apparently I need 10k something and I'm on 12,9k without Green Odin. There are plenty of sick Green Odin around so I guess I should be fine.

It will be a long fight but I'll have a nice amount of RCV and enough health.

Yeah - they have $25 cards for $20, limit 10. I grabbed 3 for now. I may get more if I feel inclined. Not a terrible deal.

Also, this video has me laughing.

Endurance Hera-Is

*video*
I realize this video is probably mythical not legend, but it seems like this dungeon is gonna take a long time. Makes me kind of worried that I won't be able to run it several times in case I don't get the drop or decide I want two.

Radav

Yeah the Green Odin + Dark Neptune strat looks like it would take quite a while. I can't bare to use a team without a damage multiplier but I might give it a shot with that setup if my orb matching skills fail me when I try with Ra.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I realize this video is probably mythical not legend, but it seems like this dungeon is gonna take a long time. Makes me kind of worried that I won't be able to run it several times in case I don't get the drop or decide I want two.

Check the difference in stats here:

PAD Wikia

Some enemies have 1mil HP and 1k def more than on Legend. That's a LOT more damage you need to put out. That being said, I don't think Legend will be that rough.

Yeah the Green Odin + Dark Neptune strat looks like it would take quite a while. I can't bare to use a team without a damage multiplier but I might give it a shot with that setup if my orb matching skills fail me when I try with Ra.
I might actually do the opposite. Try it with Neptune/Odin then if that's too slow, give it a go with Horus. Maybe something like this.

hASIhXkl.jpg

I've never really tried stalling with this team long enough to charge Zeus. Also not sure if I would go with a Ra friend or another Horus. I'm really not confident with Ra since it requires more luck as far as orbs on the board.

Kreed

For the Hera-Is dungeon, I don't have a Drawn Joker or a Abyss Neptune, but how feasible is it to use the Dark Elemental Thanatos to multiply Rainbow Keeper and Awoken Hera's HP to get my team's HP total above 20500?

I could also use Sylph and have her multiply Odin's HP and replace Rainbow Keeper with Susano (plus Sylph ability would be highly useful) but that Leaf Bind from the Ice Demon has me weary of that plan.

OTIX

For the Hera-Is dungeon, I don't have a Drawn Joker or a Abyss Neptune, but how feasible is it to use the Dark Elemental Thanatos to multiply Rainbow Keeper and Awoken Hera's HP to get my team's HP total above 20500?

I could also use Sylph and have her multiply Odin's HP and replace Rainbow Keeper with Susano (plus Sylph ability would be highly useful) but that Leaf Bind from the Ice Demon has me weary of that plan.
You won't be able to outheal the damage. There are big and frequent multihits on wave 3 and from Hera.

I have an Odin team ready but I really wanna test this team first:

Zeus lv99 +120
Verche max skill
Rose Valk 7 rounds
Echidna max skill
Echidna sl1
Zeus

Should be a lot more exciting.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You won't be able to outheal the damage. There are big and frequent multihits on wave 3 and from Hera.

Zeus lv99 +120
Verche max skill
Rose Valk 7 rounds
Echidna max skill
Echidna sl1
Zeus

Would an emergency Siren be better than 2 Echidna? Better question...How much RCV do you have? One hit and you go back to plinking damage.

Kreed

Zeus lv99 +120
Verche max skill
Rose Valk 7 rounds
Echidna max skill
Echidna sl1
Zeus

Guess I'll be running the Horus or Goemon team strategies then.

OTIX

Would an emergency Siren be better than 2 Echidna? Better question...How much RCV do you have? One hit and you go back to plinking damage.
The idea is to kill the dark demon, charge up on the other one and then you pretty much need to sweep the rest of the dungeon. Tubegameplayer did a 0 stone of Mythical with this kind of team. My team is nowhere near his but Legend is significantly easier.

I cleared a few spots on my friends list if anyone wants to add me. I'll probably be running a lvl 95 Abyss Neptune on Sunday, but I run Horus or mono color leaders most of the time.

lenni

Last time the event rolled around the appearance rate of a knight was empirically determined to be around 15%. Steel yourselves for pain and suffering...

I've heard this a lot, that the drop rate is too bad etc
But I can only account for myself, I've got 4/7 drops in CoSitA and finally max skilled my CDK, something I was never able to do with the bad drop rate of the special dungeons.
I'd say it's worth a shot if you want to max skill one of the knights. For 10 stamina I could take a drop rate of 15%, which is, in my experience, not much worse than that of the 15 stamina special dungeons. And you'll get Pengdras.

Anyone think Zeus might show up this event? I'm sitting on 10 stones and am contemplating if I should pull tomorrow or hold on to my stones for Zeus.

Yaari

10 stones is pretty much a guanteed Zeus, you're never sure what to expect with REM. That being said, I guess Zeus is a great sub still, but I hardly ever use him anymore. I regret putting 250 + Eggs on him. Wish I saved them for Valkyrie now.

J0dy77

I might actually do the opposite. Try it with Neptune/Odin then if that's too slow, give it a go with Horus. Maybe something like this.

hASIhXkl.jpg

I've never really tried stalling with this team long enough to charge Zeus. Also not sure if I would go with a Ra friend or another Horus. I'm really not confident with Ra since it requires more luck as far as orbs on the board.

I've been looking at a Horus team for this dungeon as well and think I'm going to skip gravity. The stats on Legend are much more reasonable than Mythical. Hera-Is has 1.8 million which is only 500k more than the dark samurai on Master. I was able to clear dark samurai with a Horus/Isis team and Echidnas delay. I think the biggest concern is going to be the defense of the CDD on round 5. As long as I can burn through him and get to her with Viper ready I should be able to burn Hera. Here's the team I was planning on using. Ton of green DMG between Valk and Chu:

tH5m27Rl.jpg

Thoughts?

Edit: just noticed the ice coffin skill that you guys mentioned. Is it really 100% counter attack every time?

Not sure which resource you're using but she only uses it the first turn she attacks after you deal damage. Same thing as Goemon's Ninja Fireworks.

10 stones is pretty much a guanteed Zeus, you're never sure what to expect with REM. That being said, I guess Zeus is a great sub still, but I hardly ever use him anymore. I regret putting 250 + Eggs on him. Wish I saved them for Valkyrie now.

You could always feed your Zeus to Valkyrie
ghxH5Pa.gif

Yaari

Not sure which resource you're using but she only uses it the first turn she attacks after you deal damage. Same thing as Goemon's Ninja Fireworks.

ghxH5Pa.gif

Yeah true there. But he's still an interesting sub in some cases, I'd probably feel worse doing that :(.

OTIX that is an interesting setup. I might have to give that a shot aswell.

J0dy77

ghxH5Pa.gif

I was reading it wrong on the database. Makes more sense now that you explained it. I thought it might be wrong since all the videos never her show her using it. I was confusing preemptive strike and counter attack.

Another thought I'm having is trying a Horus/Zeus team. It seems that stalling on some of the earlier rounds isn't as hard as a dungeon like Zeus.

The more I research the dungeon and watch videos, HP and RCV seem like the Keys for success. Being able to tank and heal the first and second round will help a lot with charging skills.

Limit

Are you supposed to get any drops from the dragon rush dungeon? I just completed the legend dungeon and no drops; nada; zero eggs.

J0dy77

Are you supposed to get any drops from the dragon rush dungeon? I just completed the legend dungeon and no drops; nada; zero eggs.

What team did you use to clear it? Curious if it is worth going after the stone.

And to answer your question, the PAD sites list the dragons as drops... so I am assuming they can all drop.

daw840

Just got the Firedragon Muspelheim to drop on Dragon Rush Master.

How hard is the Legendary? I ran with my mono red team and a level 70+ War Deity Ares. Think I could do the same on Legendary?

Here is my mono team

Limit

What team did you use to clear it? Curious if it is worth going after the stone.

And to answer your question, the PAD sites list the dragons as drops... so I am assuming they can all drop.

Shame. But I'm not missing much either. Checked out their skills and its meh.

I used level 40s Seraphim Lucifer as leader, 30s awoken Hera, 30s hell deity anubis, 30s duke vampire lord, level 80 moondragon d'spinas, and friend level 70 Seraphim Lucifer. Mostly safe team since by the time the icedragon showed up I had my Lucifers and Hera charged up to take him out. He was the only one who could wipe me out with his one attack. The rest I just chipped away + used Lucifers' skill on them. Zero stoned the legend difficulty.

J0dy77

Hmm. Might have to try a mono blue team. I have all the dragons but the stone is worth while. Is this dungeon for today only?

daw840

For the super kings....a Shiva is necessary, yes?

How much do they hit for? I would have like ~15k hit points with my mono red team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom