• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

muu

Spent 7 stones over 2 runs but finally got a Hera-Is. Was in the middle of nowhere Saturday night - Sunday morning, busy most of all day yesterday and it was hell trying to find a proper cell signal that allowed me to at least start the game.

Dispatch

Some horrible luck in here today eh.

Well, let me counter that, then. I had enough stones for one pull yesterday and got a Shardra, sigh. Still, I beat the Skydragon of Water this morning and Talos's Abyss to earn enough for one more pull, and got a Parvati, one of my most desired pulls.

Of course, I saw one person on the Facebook group who pulled ten gold eggs...in a row. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I'd venture to say this was the worst Godfest in terms of pulls that PAD has had. I mean, I pulled more knights than I've ever seen since starting the game 190+ days ago. It's a bit of a bummer. I needed 2 monsters that had "higher hit rates", and pulled monsters that were not only terrible, but not even part of the fest of any sort. No skillups either. Has a way of burning you out.

Nonetheless, I guess I'll continue on with the teams I have and make it work!

lenni

These bad pulls lead me to hold on to my stones for now, even though I'd like quite a few of the gods in this fest. I really hope we'll get another descended dungeon this week. Valkyrie, Zeus or Heroes, anything would be fine. Really.

mercviper

These no RCV sky dragon dungeons are perfect for Goemon teams lol. I did 2mil damage in 1 shot.

Also, for those interested in Mystic Knight farming this week:

3BlCG.jpg

Ashodin

I had one pull. ONE PULL. I looked at the list. Persephone huh... probably going to get Persephone again...

I pull

PERSEPHONE

goddamn you gungtroll

What teams is Ceres generally used in?

I noticed that her ultimate forms are healer and devil, so figured I may evolve each of the ones i pulled down one of those lines. Was thinking, though, that she is really perfect in an astaroth / astaroth team for higher end content: take mega hits, counter attack each, then heal all the way back up.

J0dy77

What teams is Ceres generally used in?

I noticed that her ultimate forms are healer and devil, so figured I may evolve each of the ones i pulled down one of those lines. Was thinking, though, that she is really perfect in an astaroth / astaroth team for higher end content: take mega hits, counter attack each, then heal all the way back up.

The healer version works very well in a Valkrie team with the yellow sub type. I used her a lot in my Horus team for the dual element before the heartbreakers got their final evolve. Otherwise she's not that great as a teammate, she does have very good stats though. She would probably fit into a Zeus team nicely being able to guarantee the damage bonus.

xCobalt

For those who cleared Dark War Dragon on legend, what team did you use? I keep losing the first floor. I may just be dealing not enough damage.

mercviper

What's considered the best stam:XP for high rank play? Like 150+?

? If you run ocean of heaven for +eggs and exp, you get roughly 400 Xp/stam. The dungeons higher than that give 400-500 xp/stam, excepting Zeus and Hera. Oceanus falls-3 and oceanus falls-5 give like 530 Xp/stam as well as the red/green equivalents. Zeus and Hera give 800 and 600 respectively. Most special dungeons at best give 400 xp/stam, many times 300 or less. The fastest way to earn experience is probably the Oceanus falls tier of dungeons. Running ocean of heaven will have the benefit of mystic masks and king dragons, while the most efficient use of stamina will be Hera and Zeus providing you can clear them. The downside for those is the long clear time most people will have.

The dark war dragon dungeon that is on right now is actually pretty decent to farm on legend because it gives almost 500 Xp per stam and nets you a dragon for a skill up chance if that's something you're trying to farm.

Does this answer your question?

I ended up pulling twice too. Got a cupid and a mystic flame knight. Kind of want a Neptune but no way I am spending any more money on this game. More free stones will arrive in my mailbox over time. I can wait.

I do have a question about exp to stamina ratio. Which dungeon is the second best in this? The best one is probably Starlight Sanctuary - King of Gods. But this takes too much time and I still am not strong enough to 0 stone it. Is it Ocean of Heaven - Sea God of Heaven?
I think the best levels are the third floor of the fifth tier normal dungeons (Hyperion Lava Flow, Oceanus Falls, etc).

What's considered the best stam:XP for high rank play? Like 150+?
Not sure exactly what you mean by stam:XP. Could you clarify?

muu

For those who cleared Dark War Dragon on legend, what team did you use? I keep losing the first floor. I may just be dealing not enough damage.

I went Horus Lead/Hades Friend. Grav -> Lucifer nuke when HP is near 30% so that I don't get one-shotted by his special.

mercviper

75% dark resist with CDD and dark/light Hades leaders.

The rest of the team I just took Ardbeg for waveclear, Siren, and whatever else had high attack.

You need to match enough dark to deal ~6k damage if you want to kill a light ninja in one shot with a single monster. My Hades friend had 1500 atk so I only needed 2 matches and a 4 combo. Not too hard if 6 orbs are on the board. On the other hand, if you only have 1k dark atk on a monster (like my CDD) you'll need 3 dark matches + a 4 combo, or 2 dark matches and an 8 combo, which is much harder to accomplish.

Anyway, the idea with the resist team is to take out all but one ninja at the beginning and then charge skills to clear the smaller ninjas in future waves since they're the most annoying.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
? If you run ocean of heaven for +eggs and exp, you get roughly 400 Xp/stam. The dungeons higher than that give 400-500 xp/stam, excepting Zeus and Hera. Oceanus falls-3 and oceanus falls-5 give like 530 Xp/stam as well as the red/green equivalents. Zeus and Hera give 800 and 600 respectively. Most special dungeons at best give 400 xp/stam, many times 300 or less. The fastest way to earn experience is probably the Oceanus falls tier of dungeons. Running ocean of heaven will have the benefit of mystic masks and king dragons, while the most efficient use of stamina will be Hera and Zeus providing you can clear them. The downside for those is the long clear time most people will have.

The dark war dragon dungeon that is on right now is actually pretty decent to farm on legend because it gives almost 500 Xp per stam and nets you a dragon for a skill up chance if that's something you're trying to farm.

Does this answer your question?

It does, thanks!

I think the best levels are the third floor of the fifth tier normal dungeons (Hyperion Lava Flow, Oceanus Falls, etc).

Not sure exactly what you mean by stam:XP. Could you clarify?

Sorry, that was typed while laying in bed last night...I could have been more clear, haha. I was looking for the best dungeons to run at rank 150+ in order to just get XP to level my rank up. I want to hit the 100 stamina mark so I can run 2 of the 50 stam dungeons per refill. On top of that, I want to be able to run Celestial Black once I get there.

75% dark resist with CDD and dark/light Hades leaders.

The rest of the team I just took Ardbeg for waveclear, Siren, and whatever else had high attack.

You need to match enough dark to deal ~6k damage if you want to kill a light ninja in one shot with a single monster. My Hades friend had 1500 atk so I only needed 2 matches and a 4 combo. Not too hard if 6 orbs are on the board. On the other hand, if you only have 1k dark atk on a monster (like my CDD) you'll need 3 dark matches + a 4 combo, or 2 dark matches and an 8 combo, which is much harder to accomplish.

Anyway, the idea with the resist team is to take out all but one ninja at the beginning and then charge skills to clear the smaller ninjas in future waves since they're the most annoying.

How hard is the rest of the dungeon? I haven't done anything but the first 2 difficulties on that. I've been putting it off. I should probably get to clearing that...

Yaari

I want to run the Celestial one aswell, but,I just don't know how to get past Zeus. And I probably should not have gotten rid of those PEKKA, they would have been good for a low health team.

I hope I can get my 200 day bonus before they bring the next update, I'm on day 185 or so.

J0dy77

WTF is going on with the metal dragon schedule lately? Yesterday I only had one chance at metal dragons at 7pm and now Super Ruby is at 1 in the morning. Not sure how this makes any sense for a US Schedule.

Radav

WTF is going on with the metal dragon schedule lately? Yesterday I only had one chance at metal dragons at 7pm and now Super Ruby is at 1 in the morning. Not sure how this makes any sense for a US Schedule.

1 am........ Dang it that sucks.

Thanks guys! It was a perfect 10 days for us. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

7 hours ago I was getting home and now i'm at work....that went downhill fast

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks guys! It was a perfect 10 days for us. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

7 hours ago I was getting home and now i'm at work....that went downhill fast

I took an extra day or two off work once we got back. I knew it would be WAY too hard to jump right back into it.

E: For those who have managed to clear Celestial Black Dragon...What team did you use? Are there viable 0 stone builds that DON'T use Ra/Ra?

I took an extra day or two off work once we got back. I knew it would be WAY too hard to jump right back into it.

E: For those who have managed to clear Celestial Black Dragon...What team did you use? Are there viable 0 stone builds that DON'T use Ra/Ra?

hahaha I wish I could've. We ended up going monday-monday, so I had to take 6 off and need a few more for the holidays. It's all good though, who needs sleep?

Managed to clear Legend on the Black Dragon with Ra+Horus
+Puzz Combo
. Popped Enchilada, which gave me 6 turns to kill him. Dropped, but no skill up. He might be sticking to lvl 2 for a while.

I missed the beginning of the event, what was the point of the Lengendary Rush? I did a few levels, but did the dragons actually drop?

mercviper

How hard is the rest of the dungeon? I haven't done anything but the first 2 difficulties on that. I've been putting it off. I should probably get to clearing that...

It's not that hard if you can get to a point where you can stall for a wave clear ability. Like killing 2 light and 1 dark ninja on the first floor. With 75% resist Hanzo and Nobunaga are easy as cake, all you need to worry about is being able to wipe out the low ninjas quick, followed by matching 4+ colors to take out the lucky cats and mid ninjas. If you have a wave clear charged like CDD, the first turn can take out the low ninja and the rest of your turns can be spent focusing on the high defense monsters. Keep in mind that if you don't have 14k hp you won't be able to tank a hit from the mid ninja. That number changes to 11200 hp if you are running 80% resist with a dual dark Hades.

OTIX

Welcome back Boss. Hope I didn't delete you...

I want to run the Celestial one aswell, but,I just don't know how to get past Zeus. And I probably should not have gotten rid of those PEKKA, they would have been good for a low health team.

I hope I can get my 200 day bonus before they bring the next update, I'm on day 185 or so.
I won't be able to run rubys today so I decided to spend some stam on Zeus. Managed to get him on the first attempt with this team, it was very close though.

Zeus
Hera
Hera
Echidna
Echidna
Zeus

The hardest part was the first boss since you wanna kill him without using any skills.

I'm in no rush to beat Heavy Metal so I'm just gonna try it with my normal stam on off-days when there's nothing else to do. Seems like a fun challenge with a Horus team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Super successful runs of Rube Dragons for me. I have enough Rose Valk friends to just spam the dungeon over and over with 9x healer damage. I need to level up both of my Venus to get both forms for various use now. I still have 3 more runs left in my stam pool, but I've got 6 kings and 3 highs ready. I'll probably get at least 1 more king.

And of course, I plan to spam Super Ruby. I DO hate that I'll need to find a way to burn 40 stam quickly (since I have 90...50 for Super, 40 for something). I'm thinking I'll pump Freyr, Horus, and Goemon.

E: 2/2 on the final 3 runs, so 8 kings say whaaaat?

I have to admit I am not a fan of how they are doing the super jewels.

I just know that I will end up with really terrible super jewel times for Blue this way. Red is not optimal (8pm), but i just know that I will end up with 10 and 12 for the blue and greens.

does this event go through Friday, or is it over after thursday?

I am going to miss out on super ruby tonight in all likelihood. Kind of a bummer as I have been trying to focus on my red team right now. I did get some love from the regular ruby run - 10 kings in 10 runs.

OTIX

First attempt: Failure.

A least I know I can get to him with 0 stones. And I got him down to about a third health in those 5 turns so it would have taken 1 or 2 stones to kill him. It's a very intense dungeon, I like it a lot.

A least I know I can get to him with 0 stones. And I got him down to about a third health in those 5 turns so it would have taken 1 or 2 stones to kill him. It's a very intense dungeon, I like it a lot.

Hmmm, I just finished off the technical dungeons today but I still have a few more to go to get the that guy. One hindrance - no Horus :(.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Nice work! Was it just a lot of combos? Did you break their def a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom