• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

First attempt: Failure.

A least I know I can get to him with 0 stones. And I got him down to about a third health in those 5 turns so it would have taken 1 or 2 stones to kill him. It's a very intense dungeon, I like it a lot.

Was the gravity necessary from Zeus or would Valkyrie Rose work just as well?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmm seems like we're not friends but I remembered using your leaders before.

Hmm did you not play for a long period of time cause sometimes I clean out my list of people that didn't play for a while.

Sent you an invite

Thanks

Outside of about 7 months ago while I was on my honeymoon, I play multiple times a day. :) I may have accidentally removed you when scanning for leaders that I would/would not use. I'm slowly expanding my friends list, though...That way, I can keep GAF folk on at all times.

E: If you typically have a ripper as lead, then yeah - my bad. I deleted you at one point. :-X

First attempt: Failure.

A least I know I can get to him with 0 stones. And I got him down to about a third health in those 5 turns so it would have taken 1 or 2 stones to kill him. It's a very intense dungeon, I like it a lot.
Nice. So I take it Horus was able to crack every Dragon's armor with just 4 matches or did it take more? I ended up spending a bunch of stones running it with Ra and constantly not having the required orbs to trigger. I hadn't bothered calculating damage beforehand, so maybe it was overkill. If Horus can still crack their armor, that would've been much easier.

OTIX

Nice work! Was it just a lot of combos? Did you break their def a lot?
They have hundreds of health so you need to break the defence to kill them. It really helps to know exactly how many orbs and combos you need to break each colour.

Was the gravity necessary from Zeus or would Valkyrie Rose work just as well?
I didn't charge Zeus. Even the small enemies deal 7k per turn so it's very hard to stall, I barely managed to charge my max skill Echidna. The important part is to reach the boss with 0 stones, once I know that he's going to drop then I'll gladly spend a stone or two. Valk would work and her skill is obviously great but my Zeus has much higher ATK and her green damage will be worthless. ATK is super important with a Horus team since you're often at the edge of breaking the defence.

Edit:
Nice. So I take it Horus was able to crack every Dragon's armor with just 4 matches or did it take more? I ended up spending a bunch of stones running it with Ra and constantly not having the required orbs to trigger. I hadn't bothered calculating damage beforehand, so maybe it was overkill. If Horus can still crack their armor, that would've been much easier.
Chu Chu and Siegfried needed either 4 orbs or 3 orbs and 7 combo to break. I had a very good Horus helper so green and dark was easy to break. Gold would have needed several matches of any colour. I really think Horus is the best team for this dungeon.

How much xp does the super ruby dungeon give?
About 2100xp or so.

Anybody gotten an invasion mob to pop up while running Supers? There's some speculation that invasions are borked...
14 runs, 0 invasions, only got the Super King 5 times on the boss level, and got 19 total Kings. Rest were High Rubies obviously.

That would be something if invasions were indeed borked. So, no one has gotten a confirmed Super invasion? If it was screwed up, I wonder if we'll get compensation.

ccbfan

About 2100xp or so.

14 runs, 0 invasions, only got the Super King 5 times on the boss level, and got 19 total Kings. Rest were High Rubies obviously.

That would be something if invasions were indeed borked. So, no one has gotten a confirmed Super invasion? If it was screwed up, I wonder if we'll get compensation.

Whats a super invasion? When a Super king shows up solo before the last round?

I ran super ruby 3 times and almost got the worst possible outcome with 2 kings and one super king.

ccbfan

Outside of about 7 months ago while I was on my honeymoon, I play multiple times a day. :) I may have accidentally removed you when scanning for leaders that I would/would not use. I'm slowly expanding my friends list, though...That way, I can keep GAF folk on at all times.

E: If you typically have a ripper as lead, then yeah - my bad. I deleted you at one point. :-X

I very bad at setting up my leads. Pretty sure I've left rippers as leads many of times after I finish some dungeon I need half damage.

Speaking of lead what's my best lead to maximize pal points?

Freyr or Rose Valk.

I'm leading toward Rose Valk cause I love using my healer team and my healer team isn't even good (Valk, Siren, Enchilada, Lilith, highest HP character). Easily my best offensive team.

I ran super ruby 3 times and almost got the worst possible outcome with 2 kings and one super king.

They can show up any floor, not just 4.

Worst is when one shows up on floor 1 and none of your skills are charged nor do you have any defense skills.

Yeah. I just said Super invasion to denote being invaded by a Super King Ruby Dragon. It's not a special type of invasion or anything.

raiot

Hm did 8 Runs and got 2 Super Ruby Kings:(

But my goemon Team is getting awesome!
MBZAWtH.jpg

I want to do celestial earth, but without ra or Horus this is very very difficult:(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What options are there for a round 1 invasion in terms of surviving?

E: Nice Goemon team! Where do you farm Gigas for skill ups?

What options are there for a round 1 invasion in terms of surviving?

E: Nice Goemon team! Where do you farm Gigas for skill ups?

I tend to either make sure I have boosted HP/RCV (using and angel or Greek god) or else use at least one resist leader. Should make the damage manageable for long enough to charge the necessary skills.

As for skilling up Gigas, Fire Forest Nerva or Hyperion Lava Flow are probably the best options. I've been farming HLF recently during 1.5x drop for plus eggs, and I can usually count on 1 or 2 samurai goblins per run.

P.S. Japan is getting 5.4 on Friday, the most interesting patch note being that PAD will refuse to start if it detects "certain other" apps running at the same time. So basically PuzzCombo.

Yay! Farming Rainbow Keeper for Light Keepers yesterday at least paid off. Needed 6 Light Keepers, but got the Dark one like 80% of the time. You can do the math on how many runs that ended up being. I amassed way more Rainbow Keepers than I could ever need, that I fed 15 of them just for the exp. And I sold a bunch of DKs for 2000g a pop. Anyway, just got done farming Room of Masks for Golden Demon Masks so I could evo the rest of my Barbarians and feed them to my Thor. Got the last 3 skill-ups I needed with 10 Barbarians. So my Freyr, Freyja, and Thor are all max-skilled now. I barely completed Thor, with only 2 Barbarians to spare. Glad that's over with.

Oh, forgot to say welcome back MBOSS, and congrats!

raiot

Hm, 5.4 Blocking out Combo Apps is a huge downer... I only use them for Descended Dungeons, to save stones. So now i just have to store my pictures in the cloud and load the combo app on my ipad...

@ George, did you run Room of Masks expert or normal?

Oh, forgot to say welcome back MBOSS, and congrats!

Thanks!

P.S. Japan is getting 5.4 on Friday, the most interesting patch note being that PAD will refuse to start if it detects "certain other" apps running at the same time. So basically PuzzCombo.

Well this is kind of a bitch. Anyway to squeeze out some more money i guess.

Looks like I''ll actually get to run Supers today. Hurray.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Seriously Gungho?

This way of running super jewels is really terrible.

Gotta agree here. These schedules on the US side are just dumb at times. Whatever the case, I'll be able to get some runs in on both. And this is good as I've got some water dudes that need some levels.

Also, thanks for the thoughts/tips on how to deal with invasions and where to farm for my Gigas skill ups.

Any word on the lack of invasions yesterday?

E: Finally decided to go and clear Master War Dragon. Got the drop! I don't know if I can field a team that can clear Legend. Those ninjas hit HARD.

Yaari

Yeah apparently there were not supposed to be any invasions in the first place. Made no sense to me, but whatever. Pretty weird.

Managed to get some more Mystic Masks (was up to 3, now down to 1) so I evolved Valk to Princess and then Rose. What is the recommended healer team? I have 3 Empresses, 2 Enchantresses, Freyja, Alarune, Archangel, Venus (unevolved), and 3 Lilith Witches.

J0dy77

Managed to get some more Mystic Masks (was up to 3, now down to 1) so I evolved Valk to Princess and then Rose. What is the recommended healer team? I have 3 Empresses, 2 Enchantresses, Freyja, Alarune, Archangel, Venus (unevolved), and 3 Lilith Witches.

I'd say you want to focus on Yellow/green damge as much as possible.

2X Valk Rose Leaders

Holy Deity Ceres
Light/Light Venus
Echidna for delay
and then best fit you for the last spot, freyja.

I would love to run one of these teams they're just lacking HP so badly. It's hard to even get over 10k. It doesn't leave any room for getting hit and when you have multiple mobs attacking same round you often wipe.

I'd say you want to focus on Yellow/green damge as much as possible.

2X Valk Rose Leaders

Holy Deity Ceres
Light/Light Venus
Echidna for delay
and then best fit you for the last spot, freyja.

I would love to run one of these teams they're just lacking HP so badly. It's hard to even get over 10k. It doesn't leave any room for getting hit and when you have multiple mobs attacking same round you often wipe.

Thanks for the suggestion...where were you before I evolved Valk??? :) It sounds like I may have been better off evolving Zeus or I&I. Oh well.

I got my Mystic mask, so Hera-is will be able to EVO... now the stamina wait for my group to come up begins... only 12 hrs and 9 minutes to go...

I got Goemon EVO'd yesterday, maxed my 4* Gigas, and got some levels on Valk Rose. I figure if I can do the same for Hera-Is, Siegfried, and some more levels on Valk Rose I will be doing pretty good.

Now if I get a good time for Green tomorrow...I may play catch up...

Hey J0dy77: What are the options for monsters that gain the "Healer" type?

It's just Light Ceres/Venus and busty Freyja so far. 5.3 will add Light Metatron who is pretty bad tbh.

I have a Verche on my Valk team for the extra orb changing and a King Shynee for that one-time nuclear option.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Feels like I'm getting 1 king per run right now on Sapphire Dragons. Ha - almost like they're increasing the appearance rate to make up for yesterday. :p

I'm not sure if it's worth me spamming the Super King dungeon since I get 4 runs in on my 90 stam of regular.

Feels like I'm getting 1 king per run right now on Sapphire Dragons. Ha - almost like they're increasing the appearance rate to make up for yesterday. :p
I wish this were the case. I just went 4/9 on kings though I did get 7 highs. Hopefully supers will make it up to me.
I'm not sure if it's worth me spamming the Super King dungeon since I get 4 runs in on my 90 stam of regular.
I know I will be running it a lot. I got a lot done to my red team yesterday. Hoping to get Hera-Is evolved and pretty well leveled, and get my blue team a little higher. Hera's 5 million exp curve is gonna be rough though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wish this were the case. I just went 4/9 on kings though I did get 7 highs. Hopefully supers will make it up to me.

I know I will be running it a lot. I got a lot done to my red team yesterday. Hoping to get Hera-Is evolved and pretty well leveled, and get my blue team a little higher. Hera's 5 million exp curve is gonna be rough though.

For real, that 5 mil XP curve is brutal looking. I didn't get me a Hera-Is, but I don't mind. I'll get her next time for sure.

I HAAAATE feeding off color kings and supers to monsters, but I think I might. I'm still trying to build a team that can reliably take down Descended dungeons as they pop up. Like, I wouldn't WANT to pump a Super Sapphire into a Light or Dark monster, but if they are necessary for those teams...

For real, that 5 mil XP curve is brutal looking. I didn't get me a Hera-Is, but I don't mind. I'll get her next time for sure.

I HAAAATE feeding off color kings and supers to monsters, but I think I might. I'm still trying to build a team that can reliably take down Descended dungeons as they pop up. Like, I wouldn't WANT to pump a Super Sapphire into a Light or Dark monster, but if they are necessary for those teams...

oh god no. The metal dungeons rotate so regularly you shouldn't have to do that for any color, save gold cuz they never show up. Which descended specifically?

I had pretty good luck with the regular ruby dungeon yesterday but mediocre luck today with regular blue - 3 kings in 7 runs :(. I should be able to hit the super dungeon at least once tonight but overall I was hoping for a lot more xp to pump into my mono-blue players.

Speaking of which... I run these guys:

FDLakshmi (72)
Abyss Neptune (74)
Fenrir Knight Kamui (56)
EREmp Siegfried (59)
CAD (51)

I have:
Hera-Is (4)
I&I (50, just need two dubmythlits and will have the Twin Archers)
Siren TE (54)
Viper Orochi (9)

I'm thinking CAD is replaceable, but what would be my best option? Siren seems like a situational sub. I am planning on leveling and evolving Viper at some point I think. Hera-Is will be evolved but I just need to get xp and a dubmyth).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
oh god no. The metal dungeons rotate so regularly you shouldn't have to do that for any color, save gold cuz they never show up. Which descended specifically?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't know which Descended is next. Obviously I'd like to be able to 0 stone Zeus and Valk at some point.

Unrelated to that, though...Yeah, I was thinking more on Gold because I can't figure out how to efficiently level my Light monsters.

Also, I'm trying to decide what monsters to pump. I want to build a team that can deal with Legend Dark Dragon right now. I've seen a few videos that use Horus/Horus, and one that used Horus/Zeus. I know we've discussed it before, but what are the best subs to run with Horus/Horus teams?

• Lead/Sub: Horus/Horus or Horus/Zeus for 5 color dungeons
  • Fire: Horus, Echidna
  • Water: Hera-Is, Viper Orochi, Neptune
  • Wood: Susano
  • Dark: D/D Hades, D/L Hades, Hera
  • Light: Zeus, Rose Valk

Those are the ones I know get used. I'm without a Hades, but I can sub my Awoken Hera. I don't have Hera-Is, Neptune, or Viper Orochi, so I need some thoughts on what can fill that spot. I have a relatively decent selection of other Blue subs, but I have no idea what can fill it. I could push to evo my Blue Odin, I&I, Amon, or one of the many blue special dudes? I could also farm my ass off for a Kraken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom