• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
STUFF

Those are the ones I know get used. I'm without a Hades, but I can sub my Awoken Hera. I don't have Hera-Is, Neptune, or Viper Orochi, so I need some thoughts on what can fill that spot. I have a relatively decent selection of other Blue subs, but I have no idea what can fill it. I could push to evo my Blue Odin, I&I, Amon, or one of the many blue special dudes? I could also farm my ass off for a Kraken?

have any heartbreakers? They have pretty decent stats to sub into a 5 color team. I was able to clear Legend with Ra/Horus using

91 Parv
63 Echilada
70ish Gabe
50ish choo choo
68 Ra
Maxed out Horus friend

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
have any heartbreakers? They have pretty decent stats to sub into a 5 color team. I was able to clear Legend with Ra/Horus using

91 Parv
63 Echilada
70ish Gabe
50ish choo choo
68 Ra
Maxed out Horus friend

I don't trust my combo skills to partner up with a Ra. That's the only reason I considered Horus/Horus/Zeus. I also don't have Parv, but I've got Freyja. Not evo yet, but I can maybe get a damn mask and get that done.

Speaking of choo, when will Two Heroes be back? :(

Assuming we follow Japan, the upcoming Descended dungeons are
Satan (Mythical only/no RCV)
Zeus-Dios (Mythical only, considered harder than Valkyrie)
ADK Slime (<=10 cost)
Hera-Urs
Tengu (<=12 cost, really fucking hard)
Athena

Also Athena has a kickin rad dungeon design:
6dqBJJQ.jpg

That's all we know about her so far. Also forgot that Beelzebub was announced as a Descended boss for next month.

Scratch

6dqBJJQ.jpg

That's all we know about her so far. Also forgot that Beelzebub was announced as a Descended boss for next month.

there's only one difficulty for this descended, classified as "super-hell"

probably with a 40% drop rate too just because :)

Assuming we follow Japan, the upcoming Descended dungeons are
Satan (Mythical only/no RCV)
Zeus-Dios (Mythical only, considered harder than Valkyrie)
ADK Slime (<=10 cost)
Hera-Urs
Tengu (<=12 cost, really fucking hard)
Athena
Man no RCV in a descended dungeon? That sounds pretty awful. I need to build up my Goemon team in time for Satan, but who knows when that will come around.

Yaari

Very interested to see what her skills will be. Sounds like fun, although difficult.

I'm also reading about a Groove Coaster colab, whatever that is?

^^^ Loving that colosseum dungeon.

The thing I love about the Super Dragon dungeons is that I don't have to lug around a bunch of small Dragons until I'm able to farm Plants and Pengdras for them.

Also, I switched from using Shiva after seeing another Gaffer mention the Armor Break Golems. Since my Dark Golem has a 13-turn cooldown as opposed to Shiva with 22-turn CD, I was able to get my run times down to only 2 minutes. The other 4 members are Whiskey Dragons and the helper doesn't really matter, though another Whiskey Dragon can make things faster since you can then nuke all 5 battles. Since I stopped worrying about possible Super invasions, I was able to throw out all defense in favor of speed. I got enough runs in to evolve Hera-Is and raise her to Lvl.94. And I still have all the small Sapphires that need to wait for Plant day before I can use them.

there's only one difficulty for this descended, classified as "super-hell"

probably with a 40% drop rate too just because :)
Super Hell is just the translation for Mythical.

Man no RCV in a descended dungeon? That sounds pretty awful. I need to build up my Goemon team in time for Satan, but who knows when that will come around.
No RCV and other limitations usually means the dungeon is balanced to compensate for it, which also means there may be teams that can exploit it.

ccbfan

6dqBJJQ.jpg

Woah a 3 counter?

So that mean shes a 2+ counter enemy.

Shes gonna hit really really hard or else a 4/1/4 team would destroy her.

pix

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some dark leader friends. I have a Hell Queen Persephone I usually use, and am looking for some people who play with SOD Lucifer. My friends code is 353,755,205.

Pengdra Village on Thursday, you know you love it...
Heh. I was actually about to ask if we could be expecting PV this week. I have a bunch of Gold Dragons I was considering selling if there was no sign of PV. Sucks that they put it on Plant day of course.

I've stopped using Kings and High Gold Dragons for exp. It's so much more efficient overall to sell them for gold. In one of my last runs, I got 3 Kings and 54K gold for completing the dungeon. That's almost 1 million gold for a single run, which to me is worth way more than the 225K exp those 3 Kings would yield. I could get that from 7.5 off-colored evolved Pengdras. However, the small Gold Dragons are better off used to evolve Shiny Pengdras, since the 45K Light exp they provide is worth more than the gold you get for selling the materials.

I am very happy with my Super Sapphire runs today. In 11 runs I came away with 8 supers and 11 kings. Now I have to decide who to spend it on. I'm not sure if I'll use Hera-Is as often as some of my other blue monsters. I could get her into the mid 70's if I fed it all to her, I could max out one of my more used monsters (Orochi, Hermes, or Siegfried), or I could spread it out and give my whole blue team a boost.

How do you guys handle dealing out experience? Focusing on one or spreading the love?

Colby

I am very happy with my Super Sapphire runs today. In 11 runs I came away with 8 supers and 11 kings. Now I have to decide who to spend it on. I'm not sure if I'll use Hera-Is as often as some of my other blue monsters. I could get her into the mid 70's if I fed it all to her, I could max out one of my more used monsters (Orochi, Hermes, or Siegfried), or I could spread it out and give my whole blue team a boost.

How do you guys handle dealing out experience? Focusing on one or spreading the love?

It depends on your team composition. For example, my water team is all lvl 70's and up, so I'm gonna pump up Hera-Is. But in your case, Orochi and Siegfried will probably be more useful to you, especially Orochi.

What is Hera-Is useful for, anyway? I can only think of a 4/1/4 tank team, where Hera-Is would extraordinarily speed up clearing a dungeon. Now, that's pretty damn useful, but what else is there?

mercviper

I pick a team I want to focus on and then I compare all the exp/attack charts on puzzledragonx for all the members on that team, picking the steepest curve available at the time, unless for some reason I really really need HP to meet a requirement. Surprisingly, once all the members on the team have reached level 30 or so, sticking with one monster all the way to 99 is the usually best way to spend your experience in terms of stat gains for that team. The reason is that not only do you stack attack on one monster (which, due to the way defense works in this game is better than spreading it between all of them), but the rate of stat gain per level normally ends up better if you continue on one guy to 99.

Take this example:

gzc1cYs.png

This is the attack vs experience chart between Goemon and Chiyome.

If these 2 were my top candidates for choosing who to level up, and both started at level 1, you can see that Chiyome has greater gains in attack for the first 200k exp, then Goemon does for about 200k exp. After that, Chiyome is better pretty much all the way through 99, which at that point is about on par with Goemon's xp curve for the next 300k. Unfortunately, Goemon's curve only gets worse after that, making Chiyome the clear choice.

Most cases are like this, and in the event the curves are very similar, I just pick the one with the higher overall stat, because again, stacking attack is much more powerful than spreading it amongst your monsters.

raiot

Hm, I just saw that I have to do consistent 8 combos to break the defence...

Edit: No I dont... double damage on some dragons...

So pengdras village I have 1 gold dragon, and of course it's on plant day....

I've got three plants, six blues, and that one gold. I guess I'm hoping for evo'd yellow, evo'd red and little blue

Oh evo'd Hera-IS. 5mil exp curve sucks. Throws off the whole thing...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So pengdras village I have 1 gold dragon, and of course it's on plant day....

I've got three plants, six blues, and that one gold. I guess I'm hoping for evo'd yellow, evo'd red and little blue

Oh evo'd Hera-IS. 5mil exp curve sucks. Throws off the whole thing...

Yeah, I'm not even going to deal with evolving all my Pengdras today. Max leveled unevolved still give decent XP. It's not worth dumping stones for the CHANCE of plants. I'll run a few and use them as needed, but I'm not going to fret over it.

raiot

I still need a Ra friend for Zaerog... Seriously, does no one have a high level Ra?
All I see is Kagetsuchi, Empress, Zeus and Valkyrie

Nothing new but man I've ran the Thursday dungeon 7 times and have gotten pure shit.

5: Dragon Plants
15: Dragon Seeds
5: Carbuncles
8: Dragon Flowers
2: Dragon Fruit

raiot

3 Stones burned but didnt get him :/
At least now I know I can defeat this dungeon, the 3 spend stones where when there was a color missing...
I used this team, with Kyles Lvl 68 RA:

m9BICyd.jpg

massoluk

Banned
Gungbro, I thought we have an understanding. I trusted you. Pengdras dungeon on Thursday? You disappointed me. You smell. I'm not sharing any more tictac with you.

daemissary

So is Abyss Neptune useful in more dungeons than Heaven Neptune? Trying to figure out which I wanna busty evolve to and I'm paralyzed with fear that I'm gonna make the wrong choice.

So is Abyss Neptune useful in more dungeons than Heaven Neptune? Trying to figure out which I wanna busty evolve to and I'm paralyzed with fear that I'm gonna make the wrong choice.

Abyss Neptune is useful as a lead for Hera-Is and pretty much a core leader component to a resist team for two heroes (you can sub in Drawn Joker, but I REALLY do not recommend it.

Heaven Neptune? I can not think of a dungeon that uses him.

J0dy77

I went with Heaven Neptune and have some regret about it but overall it's not that big of a deal.

It really comes down to the ability to clear other content. Can you clean Two Heroes without Abyss Neptune? Can you clear Hera-Is without Abyss? If you still need to work on those dungeons I would highly suggest going for the Abyss versions.

I went light because he fit into my Horus team really well as light/water. I've since replaced him and don't really use him that much anymore. I kind of wish he was Abyss at this point so I can share him with my friend list but outside of that it's not really an issue for me any longer.

Other factors you might want to consider, do you have an egyptian team that you need specific colors to fill? Do you have a Valk for those teams (if not the light version will help).

TL:DR: Abyss is best for the ability to clear Two dungeons and Hera-IS. If you can clear that content pick what works best for the team you plan to use him in.

J0dy77

For the people that cleared Starlight Sanctuary Hera and Zeus, what team did you use? I haven't tried it with a Horus team yet because I don't think I can burn Hera but might give it a shot.

I can clear with a Valk/Viper team but the defense on the yellow dragon is so high I wind up bricking a match and wiping. Just tedious.

Limit

I tried tackling SS's Hera with my Ra and friend's Horus but lacking an Echidna or any other delayer its impossible to get through it without burning a couple of stones. Ended up clearing SS with a dual Seraphim Lucifer team. But I still burned through two stones on Hera and three on Zeus because they hit so hard at every single turn.

is a low level orchi really useful anymore? I find I havn't used a resolve team in about forever and could use him as a sub in my blue team.
One of the reasons I was excited to hear about the Japanese ultimate evos was that I finally have a use for my second Orochi. When I pulled two. I was happy because I could evolve one and use one for resolve. But I haven't used a resolve team in months and now I can get both evolutions (whenever they decide to release them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom