• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people that cleared Starlight Sanctuary Hera and Zeus, what team did you use? I haven't tried it with a Horus team yet because I don't think I can burn Hera but might give it a shot.

I can clear with a Valk/Viper team but the defense on the yellow dragon is so high I wind up bricking a match and wiping. Just tedious.
Hera is safe with Gr.Odin and an Ami with at least 700RCV. For sub members you want at least 2, preferably 3 nukers. Whiskey Dragons are best for their quick charge. And it's just charge and nuke every round. Very safe unless you miss a match and can't survive the ensuing hit. If you have at least 18K HP, then you can afford the occasional finger slip and use Ami to heal back to full.

The team I use to farm SS Hera on weekends is Odin/Dk.Whiskey/Lt.Whiskey/Lt.Whiskey/Zeus/Ami.

For Zeus, even a +99RCV max Ami can't heal enough with Odin, so Resolve/Perseverance is really the only "easy" method. I put "easy" in quotes because due to the low team HP required, the hardest part to survive is the first round before your nukes are charged. The best nukers are actually the OG rippers like CDD, because they have relatively high ATK at lower levels, so it's easier to kill one of the first round monsters while keeping your HP low enough. After your skills are charged, it's pretty easy just charging and nuking your way through the rest of the dungeon. But because of the unpredictable first round(2 Demons are pretty much 90% death do to their high defense) I don't bother farming this dungeon. Just make sure your team HP is low enough for Ami to heal past the Resolve/Perseverance threshold. And obviously you can't survive a single finger slip.

J0dy77

is a low level orchi really useful anymore? I find I havn't used a resolve team in about forever and could use him as a sub in my blue team.

I've never been a fan of the low level resolve team. It works for the daily dungeons when you're first starting out but trying to use resolve at higher levels requires HP to tank the rounds prior to the boss.

As long as you bring enough RCV along you should be able to heal back over 50% with 3 hearts and 3 matches (which is really simple). Plus you gain a very good sub for all of your other teams. Evolved Orochi is almost required for difficult dungeons with Egyptian teams.

raiot

Got Zaerog!
Thank you for your Ra Radav!
Spent 5 Stones...
0 to reach Zaerog, then had very Bad luck with orb drops. But I was sure that he would drop, so the 9 stones including a stamina refill where well spent!
Tg26si2.jpg

Got Zaerog!
Spent 5 Stones...
0 to reach Zaerog, then had very Bad luck with orb drops. But I was sure that he would drop, so the 9 stones including a stamina refill where well spent!
Congrats! I think I'll be attempting this myself next week or this weekend so I'll be needing advice soon.

Hi. I'd like to play with GAF.

Here's my player profile: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=1523

So is Abyss Neptune useful in more dungeons than Heaven Neptune? Trying to figure out which I wanna busty evolve to and I'm paralyzed with fear that I'm gonna make the wrong choice.
I chose Abyss Neptune mainly because he slots into any dark team and holds his weight as a strong member, and since I use S. Lucifer as my primary leader, Abyss was the clear choice for me. Heaven Neptune is good too, I guess, but he's less useful as a leader than Abyss, and it's also far more costly to get a good light leader/team with strong members.

J0dy77

Hi. I'd like to play with GAF.

Here's my player profile: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=1523

I chose Abyss Neptune mainly because he slots into any dark team and holds his weight as a strong member, and since I use S. Lucifer as my primary leader, Abyss was the clear choice for me. Heaven Neptune is good too, I guess, but he's less useful as a leader than Abyss, and it's also far more costly to get a good light leader/team with strong members.

Welcome to the thread, add your name to the spreadsheet.

Cosmo,

How's the new thread coming? If for no other reason I'd like to see the long time gone people on the first page removed. Get some new blood when we link back to it. :)

Yaari

Wow, raiot. Very nice.

I really want a Zaerog, but no way I can pull off a Ra team, unfortunately. Did you do Ra/Ra or Horus/Ra?

I'm improving my Egyptian god orb matching but still have plenty to learn. The way some people can just put 3 rows next to eachother at will, keeping out any off-colors is really impressive to me.

Cosmo,

How's the new thread coming? If for no other reason I'd like to see the long time gone people on the first page removed. Get some new blood when we link back to it. :)

Haven't worked on it since I've been stuck in the PSO2 vortex for a few weeks lol

If anybody else wants to work on a new OT, you got my blessings.

EDIT: Just updated to 5.4.0. I thought when they announced a new UI it wouldn't be that big of a deal but clearly I was wrong
4tnH2TMl.png
GDbB9Atl.png

Cosmo,

Thanks. Spreadsheet edited. I don't have room to add "@GAF" to my name, though.

EDIT: Just updated to 5.4.0. I thought when they announced a new UI it wouldn't be that big of a deal but clearly I was wrong
4tnH2TMl.png
GDbB9Atl.png
That new UI...looks like shit.

Radav

Got Zaerog!
Spent 5 Stones...
Tg26si2.jpg

Congrats! I would have gotten it up sooner and responded to your post but the internet at work has been going in and out. I'm currently working my way through starlight sanctuary so I can go after Zaerog as well. What was the team you ended up using?

J0dy77

Yeah, not sure how I feel about the new UI. I'd rather them spend the time giving dungeon backgrounds some love. How hard could it be to add 20 new backgrounds? 100 million a month, i think they can afford it.

raiot

Thank you!
This was the team I was using:
2nd leader was Radavs maxed Sun deity Ra +1xx
m9BICyd.jpg

So it can be done without owning Ra or Horus yourself.
Sieg was skill maxxed,
Chu round 9
Valk turn 7
Strategy was straight up nuking without skill stalling.
If you try this, do yourself a favour and use something like path and decision. This dungeon is merciless!

Edit: Wrote my team build on www.puzzledragonx.com lets hope it gets approved.
The special thing is, except the Ra friend leader, my team is completly REM free! All components can be attained through descended dungeons.
I think this might be a glimmer of hope to those who are desperate for an Egyptian God or just had bad luck with the REM.

So... what just crossed my mind: Roll a Lucifer at the start, get yourself a Zeus, Valk, Sieg, Chu, random high dmg red monster and you can beat the game!

^^^ Nice!

I'm happy to see more Zaerogs popping up on my friend list. It's like ADK all over again! I still love Zeus also, though. His 3x ATK for any monster makes him such a versatile leader on many teams, as you've also shown by pairing him up with Ra.

Jiraiza

Is there a place good for +egg farming, if there is one? I had plenty of +egg drops from Oceanus Falls but that may have been me just getting lucky.

Too bad i used up all of my Super Metal Kings and now have to wait 2 weeks for the next event...
Same thing happened to me. But at least Heavy Metal Dragon has the same skills as Zaerog. It just has lower stats. You just made me realize why I saw a sudden surge in new Zaerog helpers this week. A lot of people were probably waiting for Super Metals to evolve their HMDs. I started using mine right away while waiting to evolve it. That 3.5x ATK more than made up for its weak stats.

Is there a place good for +egg farming, if there is one? I had plenty of +egg drops from Oceanus Falls but that may have been me just getting lucky.
Dungeons with 2x or 1.5x drop rates are best for +egg farming, but Oceanus Falls is an overall awesome dungeon to farm if that's how far you've gotten so far. Past that, the last level of Ocean of Heaven is usually considered the best dungeon to farm +eggs. It's 1.5x drop rate during weekends.

raiot

My only Problem: I now have 3 - 4 options for my + eggs...

Zeus: (Already has +139)
Goemon: Has 15 but only HP and ATT
Zaerog: Gets mainly + RCV

Valkyrie: Not sure about here, I think having a Zaerog makes her rather unappealing...

TimeKillr

Dungeons with 2x or 1.5x drop rates are best for +egg farming, but Oceanus Falls is an overall awesome dungeon to farm if that's how far you've gotten so far. Past that, the last level of Ocean of Heaven is usually considered the best dungeon to farm +eggs. It's 1.5x drop rate during weekends.

That's the thing I was wondering.

I've cleared Frozen Soil of Prosell yesterday and I know I can farm the last stage pretty easily with my Horus team.

Wouldn't that dungeon be technically better on 1,5x drop?

On another note, WTH is up with the dragon schedule this week? This is stupidly ridiculous. Every group had a super dungeon at like 1am on the east coast and there's no rhyme or reason to the dragon dungeon schedules. It's so ridiculous - this event has been a complete clusterfuck in terms of schedules and stuff.

We had what, ONE special dungeon (Hera-Is, which is arguably great) but jack shit else the rest of the week, the dragon schedules are all fucked up, (at least we had 2 Pengdra villages, but on plant day of all days), the knights in CotS is pretty stupid because they have a ridiculously low spawn rate, the super dragon dungeons were fucked and GungHo refuses to acknowledge it (nobody online has seen a Super invasion at all!)... It's getting pretty ridiculous.

Yaari

My only Problem: I now have 3 - 4 options for my + eggs...

Zeus: (Already has +139)
Goemon: Has 15 but only HP and ATT
Zaerog: Gets mainly + RCV

Valkyrie: Not sure about here, I think having a Zaerog makes her rather unappealing...

I'm not sure but I thought Zaerog was mainly used as the complete daily dungeon farming tool. But I doubt he'll be doing any descended.

Goemon is a beast but I've not really done much research as to how and why he needs the HP and Attack.(Considering newer dungeons quickly take care of him due to the early strike mechanics) I'm looking at videos farming King of Gods now and if you really need the HP and ATK on him to do so then I might go that way aswell. I'd like to use my daily Stamina to farm that dungeon eventually

Zeus, mine is like 240 and I really regret doing so. I don't use him much anymore after Valkyrie. I've been considering actually feeding him but that feels like a waste. I just don't know what to do with that guy.

And Valkyrie, well, she is used in pretty much any team I run these days aswell as a great sub for a Kirin team, if I were to ever get that one. But I don't know if I will.

I'd roll with the Zaerog if I had any indication it could be used for the more serious dungeons aswell.

atlantos

Neo Member
A max skilled Siren and a Horus / Phoenix.

You might want to exchange a Gigas with a King Bubblie.

Why max skilled Siren? I got one but wouldn't she be healing you instead of keeping your hp below 20%? Also why Horus or Phoenix? Horus add extra fire damage I suppose... Is that necessary? I don't have Horus or Phoenix. I got Phoenix knight though...

raiot

Oh God... I meant max skilled ECHIDNA, sorry :(
Horus and Phoenix both give extra fire damage and are for one shotting descended dungeon bosses.

While we're talking about Goemon, how do you stall with a Goemon team? The goal is to have as low RCV as possible right? So how do you take 30 rounds of damage without being able to heal?

Also how exactly does Horus's skill work? The description is super vague and I never really know how much of a boost I'm going to get.

raiot

You either need max Skill Goemons, or have one offcolor monster (King Bubblie) to snipe single enemys.
You really want some RCV with this build...

TimeKillr

While we're talking about Goemon, how do you stall with a Goemon team? The goal is to have as low RCV as possible right? So how do you take 30 rounds of damage without being able to heal?

Also how exactly does Horus's skill work? The description is super vague and I never really know how much of a boost I'm going to get.

Basically, Horus works like this:

When you have 4 different colors attacking at the same time, all the damage you put out gets a x4 multiplier bonus. Healing is not counted in this, so matching healing doesn't give you anything and it doesn't get a multiplier.

The thing is they must attack - simply matching orbs doesn't work if the specific color doesn't attack. For Horus to work, you need a rainbow team. For example, if you have a team that can do Red/Blue/Green/White and you match Red/Blue/Green/Black, you won't get the multipliers. This is why it's typically a good idea to match Horus with Isis if you don't have great matching skills because matching 3 is far easier than matching 4 colors, and if Horus activates then Isis will also automatically activate and gives you a 12x bonus.

If you have 2 Horus leaders, you get 4x the 4x bonus, thus giving you a total x16 bonus.

For the egyptian gods, this is how it works:
Isis: Attack with 3 different colors for 3x
Horus: Attack with 4 different colors for 4x
Ra: Attack with 5 different colors for 6x
Bastet: Perform a 4-combo or more for 2.5x damage (you simply need to combo, not to attack, so Bastet works in single-color teams)
Anubis: Perform a 10-combo or more for 10x damage (same as Bastet. Also, good luck setting this up!)

If you were talking about Horus' active skill, it's +6% fire damage per enhanced fire orb present in the combo. The game just rounds to the nearest tenth decimal place (which I think will change to hundredths in 5.4).

raiot

Oh my... I posted my Zeus/Ra Team in the PG Facebook Zaerog event group and the first comment i got was a note that they do not like Path and Decision:

not to come off as a douche but the PG community doesnt condone to using such apps.
My response:
I know, but i wanted to be sincere and not fake skill when I don't have any experience in matching 5colors. I could have easily left it out of my write up, but it would be fake and not really helpful to new players trying to beat this dungeon.
This dungeon is designed to be a magic stone sink, so take all other 2-3 stone clear notices with a grain of salt...

muu

The newer versions of JP P&D are starting to add detection schemes for using tools similar to Path and Decisions, just FYI

raiot

No this was a misstranslation. The japanese players said Path and Decision is still working, the cydia app which plays the game on itself is not working anymore.
It would be interesting how they would manage to block a seperate app like path and decision. iOS does not allow an app to check for other open apps...

No this was a misstranslation. The japanese players said Path and Decision is still working, the cydia app which plays the game on itself is not working anymore.
It would be interesting how they would manage to block a seperate app like path and decision. iOS does not allow an app to check for other open apps...

i'm sure they could prevent screenshots from being taken while the app is open? Seems drastic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom