• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm thanks, you make it look and sound so easy. Any chance you want a present?

Hey, I'd love a present. I've got no black leader and would be ecstatic to pull the moondragon from the machine! ID 314, 250, 221

I don't have a present to exchange with you though, so don't feel obligated!

Hey, I'd love a present. I've got no black leader and would be ecstatic to pull the moondragon from the machine! ID 314, 250, 221

I don't have a present to exchange with you though, so don't feel obligated!

No need for a return present, I sent an invite (It'll come from teach or teach@gaf because I only just changed my name then).

Edit: Aww got another red starter, oh well hopefully that uses up some of my bad luck so I can get a nice pull in the next godfest,

ZeroAKA

I was planning on starting the game today and just rolled Horus. How is Horus for late-game? I'm thinking of rolling a few more times to see if I can get Archangel Lucifer after I back up this file.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was planning on starting the game today and just rolled Horus. How is Horus for late-game? I'm thinking of rolling a few more times to see if I can get Archangel Lucifer after I back up this file.

Horus is top-tier. Like, super top-tier. He requires some skill to play well as well as decent team comps, but otherwise, he's beast mode.

Hmm thanks, you make it look and sound so easy. Any chance you want a present?
It's not easy, but at least you have most of the necessary components. You'll get there. =)

Top tier. Arguably #1 or #2 best monster in the game right now, along with Seraphim Lucifer.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome, it only took me about 5 rolls too. Can someone explain Horus's leader skill to me though?

If you match AND deal damage with 4+ different colored monsters in a single combo, you do 4x damage. Note that the monsters can be dual element. For example, at a minimum, you would need Horus (red), Valk (yellow/green), and Hera-Is (blue/purple) to fully represent all colors and have a chance to activate the skill. You do NOT need 4 monsters, just 4+ elements worth of damage must be dealt. Examples below!

• Red, blue, green, heart - because hearts do no damage, no multiplier
  • Red, blue, green, yellow (with a monster of each color) - 4x damage
  • Red, blue, green, yellow (with NO light monster) - because no light damage was dealt, does NOT activate
  • Red, blue, green, yellow, dark - with all five colors doing damage (assuming you have all five colors represented), you get the multiplier
  • Red, red, blue, green - although you made at least a 4 combo, you did NOT deal 4 different elements worth of damage, so NO multiplier

Hopefully that makes sense!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I need to rub your head for luck or something. I've been rerolling for 2 days so far. Lol

ZeroAKA

If you match AND deal damage with 4+ different colored monsters in a single combo, you do 4x damage. Note that the monsters can be dual element. For example, at a minimum, you would need Horus (red), Valk (yellow/green), and Hera-Is (blue/purple) to fully represent all colors and have a chance to activate the skill. You do NOT need 4 monsters, just 4+ elements worth of damage must be dealt. Examples below!
It seems that Horus would help motivate me to learn to make longer combos. I'll stick with it then, thanks!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It seems that Horus would help motivate me to learn to make longer combos. I'll stick with it then, thanks!

Yeah, if you can play Horus well, you're set. Ra is the next step up (must match all 5 colors), but there's a little bit of luck and planning there that can sometimes REALLY screw you over.

Something you should do in the beginning is pair with Isis friends. That way you can work on getting 4 color combos, but even if you only get 3 you'll still get a bonus from Isis's skill. It's a great setup for practicing Horus. Once you get better you can start using other Horus friends or even Ra if you think you can handle 5 colors.

Are people that are using RA getting his combo on every round? I've gotten pretty good at activating Isis, and Horus depending on a little luck or setting it up the round before, but activating RA's only happens by luck (for me). Or do they just use a round to set up then get it?

Limit

Are people that are using RA getting his combo on every round? I've gotten pretty good at activating Isis, and Horus depending on a little luck or setting it up the round before, but activating RA's only happens by luck (for me). Or do they just use a round to set up then get it?

Even with practice I just cannot envision a good Ra user activating 5x multiplier every round. I certainly can't. The color of upcoming orb drops are random and its unlikely that you are going to have at least 3 orbs of all 5 colors available at every single screen. This is why I roll with Ra and Horus and never Ra Ra. And the random/luck factor with Ra is also why I continue to believe that Horus is the best damage multiplier in the game.

Even with practice I just cannot envision a good Ra user activating 5x multiplier every round. I certainly can't. The color of upcoming orb drops are random and its unlikely that you are going to have at least 3 orbs of all 5 colors available at every single screen. This is why I roll with Ra and Horus and never Ra Ra. And the random/luck factor with Ra is also why I continue to believe that Horus is the best damage multiplier in the game.
Yeah, at best a great Ra player could activate it every time the orbs are available. But that is by no means every turn. I'd say that is maybe half the time, more if your team is made up of all heartbreakers.

I've started trying to create 5 color combos when using Horus. I've gotten to the point where if the orbs are on the board, I can activate Horus's skill every time, barring the occasional error or multiple, ridiculously spread out sets of only three. I'd like to be able to run a good Horus/Ra team, but I may never be able to get past the "luck" aspect of Ra.

Jiraiza

Yes... Yes...! Rolled an Apollo a little after the carnival switched over to light. Rubbing that Gold Dragon's paw really does help!

Finally got a Berserk in my last run yesterday! 3 stones though, because the dungeon refuses to drop heart orbs.

Ran plant dungeon a bit. 2 plants in 4 runs. Unreal.

Ok question, why do people run 2 Heroes with a mono-blue team instead of mono-green? Assuming you don't have Neptune, how do you break the defense on Highlander? Wouldn't green make more sense to get the damage bonus against Berserk at least?

Radav

Finally got a Berserk in my last run yesterday! 3 stones though, because the dungeon refuses to drop heart orbs.

Ran plant dungeon a bit. 2 plants in 4 runs. Unreal.

Ok question, why do people run 2 Heroes with a mono-blue team instead of mono-green? Assuming you don't have Neptune, how do you break the defense on Highlander? Wouldn't green make more sense to get the damage bonus against Berserk at least?

The last time two heroes came around I got 6 Beserks in a row before I finally got the Highlander that I was so desperately trying to get. On top of that I fed all 6 of them to the original Beserk I had and didn't get 1 skillup. lol

Radav

Ra's far and away my favorite god in the game and I use him as often as I feel it's feasible. So I can say without a shadow of a doubt that's it's definitely not possible to get Ra's combo 100% of the time. With lots of practice and the ability to stall you can however make good use of him and take down the hardest dungeons in the game with minimal stone use. Luck can definitely be a factor especially when you've pretty much gotta get a good board on the first floor or else the demons/ninjas/chimeras can end your run right there. This has definitely happened to me on more then one occasion but overall I think the stones I've spent has been worth what I ended up with. I also happen to have Horus so a huge benefit to having Ra has made using Horus seem like the easiest thing in the world. lol It definitely makes you a better player by running with these gods. I make crazy combos out of horrible looking boards now where a few months ago I would have been struggling to get much more then just a 3 combo out of them.

Kreed

I ran mono blue with Gabriel and Noel except I brought in Ancient Fire Dragon, which breaks Highlander's defense (I could have also used Hera-Is, but I haven't fully evolved her yet). Took a while to beat the dungeon but I was never in any danger of losing.

The reason I didn't run green is because I brought two max Sirens into the dungeon, so it made more sense to have mono blue leaders vs green leaders in regards to recovery. Plus not enough of my friends have Green Noel or Archangel Michael for me to consistently run a 4/1/4 green team, but I always see Blue Noels or Gabriel up.

I ran mono blue with Gabriel and Noel except I brought in Ancient Fire Dragon, which breaks Highlander's defense (I could have also used Hera-Is, but I haven't fully evolved her yet). Took a while to beat the dungeon but I was never in any danger of losing.

The reason I didn't run green is because I brought two max Sirens into the dungeon, so it made more sense to have mono blue leaders vs green leaders in regards to recovery. Plus not enough of my friends have Green Noel or Archangel Michael for me to consistently run a 4/1/4 green team, but I always see Blue Noels or Gabriel up.

This is what I was curious about too. I have a Michael, but he wasn't getting as much play as Gabe was. I guess the siren aspect is the main one, but even a 2/4/2 with Mike/Artemis should be doable if you use a fire dragon sub. Going without any atk multipliers was too difficult to do again.

At least I can ignore this dungeon for a while now that I have both drops.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't even know how many times I've run the Water no RCV dungeon on Master or whatever. I have never seen a rare mob, and I'm starting to think I never will. No PEKKA, Unicorn, Kraken, Phoenix...Bah.

I mean, at least my mono-blue can farm the dungeon with ZERO issue. It's great XP I guess?

Wow I forgot how much I fucking hate the Friday dungeon without 2x drop rate. 100 stamina down the drain with nothing to show for it.

I stopped bothering with the daily dungeons (outside of plants and normal keepers) outside of events. Its such a crap shoot WITH the event...so much worse outside.

Rat bastard! I just finished the Friday dungeon trying to get a dubmythlit. First time I did it a dubamelit dropped. Second time, the dark and light ones died with no drop. I'm thinking 'YES!' and then of course get gungtrolled with no drop at all. Grrr....

Yaari

I agree. I only run 1.5x dungeons for + Eggs and Exp. I wish I was not as bad, I just lost 2 eggs because I died during a run, such a waste.

I agree. I only run 1.5x dungeons for + Eggs and Exp. I wish I was not as bad, I just lost 2 eggs because I died during a run, such a waste.

Yeah, i lost 50 stam by dying on two runs today. I should've just asked for a shiva, but figured "nah I've got this". Nope.

xCobalt

Yeah, i lost 50 stam by dying on two runs today. I should've just asked for a shiva, but figured "nah I've got this". Nope.

How did you die lol. It's pretty easy if you get a monster who can boost your hp. Doesn't hurt to have a couple of monsters that have two elements too.

Just got 2 Dub-mythlits in one run! First time that has happened to me.

What the fuck?! I say I don't want to continue after dying and you ask me if I'm sure. Then I accidentally say "yes" and you don't even check? Fuck you Gungho, that's just cheap.

Raika

Wow, ran MFK dungeon a few times and consistently spiked 16x with Horus almost every turn. If only I was like this during Heroes Descended. Now I have around either 3 or 4 (forgot) MFKs, but honestly skill up x2 will fuck me over anyway, so gonna try grinding at least 30 of those guys. TAKE ALL MY STAMINA.

lenni

I don't even know how many times I've run the Water no RCV dungeon on Master or whatever. I have never seen a rare mob, and I'm starting to think I never will. No PEKKA, Unicorn, Kraken, Phoenix...Bah.

I mean, at least my mono-blue can farm the dungeon with ZERO issue. It's great XP I guess?

Same here, I'm somewhere above 20 runs.
I got the Unicorn after just a few and thought I might have the same luck with Kraken, but no chance.

I have 11 +eggs stored on one mob (3hp/2atk/6rcv), who should I feed them to?

Parv : lvl81 currently +37
Siren : lvl 74 currently +31
Enchilada : lvl 66 currently +2

Those seem the likely canidates. I have others...anyone have any thoughts? Leaning towards Parv as I mostly run her as a lead

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What the fuck?! I say I don't want to continue after dying and you ask me if I'm sure. Then I accidentally say "yes" and you don't even check? Fuck you Gungho, that's just cheap.

Protip!

If you accidentally hit yes, quickly close the app. You'll lose connection and be OK (at least that's worked for me...).

lenni

I have 11 +eggs stored on one mob (3hp/2atk/6rcv), who should I feed them to?

Parv : lvl81 currently +37
Siren : lvl 74 currently +31
Enchilada : lvl 66 currently +2

Those seem the likely canidates. I have others...anyone have any thoughts? Leaning towards Parv as I mostly run her as a lead

I'd say Echidna, as she literally is a part of every late game team comp.

Protip!

If you accidentally hit yes, quickly close the app. You'll lose connection and be OK (at least that's worked for me...).
Yeah I tried that. I thought it had worked because the game over screen came up again, but then my health refilled.

The only solace I can take is that I got the +egg I would have lost. Still, a stone for a +egg is not a great deal.

Pacman2k

I'm liking having the red swordsman dungeon around for more than microsecond. I'm actually making progress and have 10 banked up for the next skillup event.

It's good to have around as a stamina dump.

What are the chances we get a naga dungeon for weeks? :(

I've only ever seen PEKKA, and he just randomly showed up on a 2x drop day. I had no idea he could just show up whenever he feels like it because I was really surprised to see him on round 2.

I don't even want the rare monsters; I just want to see them to add them to my Monster Book.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need to bitch and moan more often. Started another run and on round 3, Kraken showed her face. Hit for just shy of 22k, so Gabriel + Hermes = lol. Even still, my mono blue is ALMOST complete (fuck you Neptune and Hera-Is).

How did you die lol. It's pretty easy if you get a monster who can boost your hp. Doesn't hurt to have a couple of monsters that have two elements too.

Just got 2 Dub-mythlits in one run! First time that has happened to me.

Well, the first time I wasn't thinking and entered with my glass cannon team. Then I got screwed on orbs and died second round.

Then I entered with a resolve team and easily beat it, got cocky, and did it again. Had no RCV and couldn't heal up enough on the final dub-lits in between hits. Just typical stupid stuff I do without thinking.

For sprite/mask/super dragon farming, I use this team:

1. Amaterasu Ohkami
2. Lilith
3. Lilith
4. Succubus
5. Abyss Neptune

Pair it up with Odin or some other elemental resist, depending on the dungeon. It actually helps if the Liliths/Succubus are lower level because you can stall more easily (my Succubus is so weak that she can't kill a sprite in a single hit).

lenni

I need to bitch and moan more often. Started another run and on round 3, Kraken showed her face. Hit for just shy of 22k, so Gabriel + Hermes = lol. Even still, my mono blue is ALMOST complete (fuck you Neptune and Hera-Is).

So jealous, I hope I'll get mine soon!

Regarding Kraken, it also shows up in the Ice Mech Dragon dungeon and the yet to be locally released Satan dungeon. In fact both Kraken and Cerberus are fixed enemies in the first and second battles of the Satan dungeon. Unless you can only beat the Blue Sky Dragon dungeon, I'd rather wait and farm one of those other 2 dungeons, since the Sky Dragons suck and aren't worth farming in their current iterations.

Real talk, what's the best dungeon to farm Echidna? Been neglecting her, skill still at level 1, getting me worried.
She actually has her own special dungeon, which would be the best place to farm her. Otherwise, as far as normal dungeons go, Hyperion Lava Flow: Serpent Loved by Flame during 1.5x events is probably your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom