• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to take on some of the more difficult dungeons with Horus and just a team of non-REM monsters? I don't want spend money. :p

Depends on how late game you consider "difficult". I just steamrolled Master Skydragon with this team:
2lkqqVTl.png

The only IAP asides from Horus on that team is Neptune, who you could substitute the non-IAP Hera-Is in for. It's also a team that's the product of about six months of play, so you might also want to ask yourself when you want to tackle the more difficult content.

Most of the Descended dungeons have a poverty team which can 0 or low-stone it with farmable monsters. Hell, even Valkyrie, once considered the hardest dungeon in the entire game, now has non-IAP strategies available.

Jiraiza

Looks like it's almost time to use all 50 of my pal egg rolls, so excited.

I took a glance through the Valkryie/Zeus dungeons... and I don't think I'll be able to do them anytime soon. Balls.

Limit

The RNG gods giveth, and RNG gods taketh away. Yesterday I was feeling super lucky to finally have been recipient of a naga drop and today I spent 90 stamina trying to get an indigo demon mask, and be unsuccessful at it.

Colby

What does Awesome Daily Bonuses mean? And does King Metal Dragons in the PAL machine mean no Jeweled dragons? That's lame.

Is it possible to take on some of the more difficult dungeons with Horus and just a team of non-REM monsters? I don't want spend money. :p
I thought this through a few weeks ago. This is what I came up with.

Green/Blue Mech warriors: these act as a poor mans Susano with a skill-up-able half damage skill and give you a ton of HP too. Rainbow keeper can handle this in the mean time.

Heartbreakers: Vampire is probably your best bet until you can take on Two Heroes or Valkyrie. Gigas would be fine but RCV is very helpful on this team. Max skilled is best.

Hera/Zeus: A little bit of a long term goal, but gravity is alway nice if you can stall for long enough to charge it.

Echidna: This can complicate things a bit since she is also fire, so you'll have to make up for it with an ultimate evo somewhere or maybe an Isis friend instead of Horus. Again, max skill is best.

Dark/Light Golems: Eventually you won't need this to get past some high defense enemies, but until then, these monsters have great HP and decent attack and can cut down the defense. A Lilith would be ok for enemies with low health, but she won't really help against Neptune since this team is not built for stalling.

All of these monsters are farmable, though some are easier to get than others.

ccbfan

Damn need to make a decision on whether to use a stone today or not for 2x drop fire swordsman.

I've never use stone to regen stamina except when 2 heroes refuse to give me a berserk.

But 1 stone would get me 2 full stamina since I'll level for 2x drop fire swordsman.

Especially since Poring tower would be be taking all my stamina the next weeks.

OTIX

Been having terrible luck with flame knights before today, 1/11 I believe. And now with 2x I just got 6/7.

3Enh4oql.jpg

The Gungtroll giveth and the Gungtroll taketh away.

J0dy77

So Zeus, Goemon, Valk and Hera descends are coming up... No confidence to tackle any of those. I swear how is Horus cream of the crop when a double Horus team can't even tank a single hit from most of these bosses. :/

The key is that you never take a hit. The 16x damage boost gives you the opportunity to burst down the boss before it ever takes a turn. Which is why Echidna/Orochi are so important to glass cannon teams.

EDIT: Official event announcement

Lol, this is all I could think of based on Raika's post and Cosmo's reply:

k6TQbNZ.jpg

Been having terrible luck with flame knights before today, 1/11 I believe. And now with 2x I just got 6/7.

3Enh4oql.jpg

The Gungtroll giveth and the Gungtroll taketh away.

I think Otix just gave us the title for OT2.

Limit

So when this page reaches its quota of posts this thread will get auto locked because of 400 page barrier? Is that how it works?

So when this page reaches its quota of posts this thread will get auto locked because of 400 page barrier? Is that how it works?
No. There is no hard limit. If Cosmo is working on an OT2, then the mods will more than likely allow this thread to stay open until the new thread is ready. The thread doesn't grow fast enough for that to be a problem. So maybe we'll go over by a couple hundred posts, if that.

Yaari

Great event. I really want to work on my Goemon. Hope I can get him a few more skill-ups. I managed to get 2 last time, hopefully a few more this time around.

Yeah, thread filling up came at the worst time possible too since I'm going to be in the middle of moving for the next few days. Maybe I should just repost the current OP with 5.3 starters until I can finish revisions?

I dig the "...giveth and taketh away" as title for OT2.

And I know I'm gonna come off as a pad snob, but dammit my last 14 +eggs have been +RCV ones. Would rather have HP and ATK.

Jagernaut

Nice event, Valkyrie is the only descended dungeon I haven't beat yet and I never pulled her from the REM. My Blue Noel team starring Hera-Is is ready. I also have 13 MFKs ready to skill up my Homura.

J0dy77

Great event. I really want to work on my Goemon. Hope I can get him a few more skill-ups. I managed to get 2 last time, hopefully a few more this time around.

Yeah this event seems jam packed. I think I'm in the same boat for farming Goemon. I haven't used him once since I've gotten him but I'm very close to making his team beastly. Having him on 25 cd seems like a high priority for that team.

ZeroAKA

If you have the right mix of monsters with high stats, I don't see why you can't at least take on hera. Would probably be safer to go odin/healer route.
Depends on how late game you consider "difficult".
I thought this through a few weeks ago.
Thanks, although I was wondering more along the lines of if I'd potentially be able to get through the entire game with just Horus as far as REM goes. That is, would I be able to use a Horus team to get more monsters and build more teams to fill in the gaps that the Horus team wouldn't be able to fill?

Does it sound like we'll be getting super King metals more than once? The wording on the post seems a little weird. I would love to evolve and max Zaerog this week.

I kind of wish we were getting Dragon Guardian. I was hoping to get and max skill a second ADK soon. But I really can't complain. This event looks sick. I may be able to pick up a few stones by finishing Goemon legend and Valkyrie.

I've probably run ocean of heaven's Neptune level over 10 times today.

I have got one king metal, one mystic mask, and five plus eggs.

No new descends, may try to run goemon to get some skill ups, but other than him, it's poring time!

linsivvi

I thought Freak Tower was an old game. I saw it on the Google Play store a while ago, and this is the message that struck me:

For users in Canada only!!!

Notice for the service end of Freak Tower in Canada
Freak Tower will go out of support on 2013 June 30.
If you install Freak Tower before the end date, you can play Freak Tower anytime.

▼The end date of the service.
2013/June/30

*Freak Tower will be not available in app store after the end date of the service.
*If you want to have Freak Tower, please download before the end date.
*In-App Purchases are still available until the end date.
After the end date of the service, you can use In-App Purchases items in the game but we do not provide customer service such as refunding In-App purchases.
*Note that no more updates will be available after the end date of the service.
Please make sure the concerns about the service end of Freak Tower.

The service of Freak Tower in Japan will continue.

Apparently it was only released in Japan and Canada? But still, ending support of a game so quickly after people invested in IAP sucks.

I've probably run ocean of heaven's Neptune level over 10 times today.

I have got one king metal, one mystic mask, and five plus eggs.
You must have taken all my luck. I ran it probably 12 times. The first drop I got was a +egg. Then that was it. No kings, no masks, nothing else.

Then I switched to Sword of Flame and got 3 +eggs and 2 knights in 8 runs. I guess that makes up for it.

Edit: Holy shit, that Panda update is awesome.

ccbfan

Excellent choice on using a stone to recharge stamina ended up running like 25 runs(leveled up).

Got 14 fire swordsman.(27 total been doing nothing but this all week) Crazy thing was that only 2 of those were from 1-4 floor drops. Had some terrible luck with with getting those to drop probably only like 2 for 20 but had some amazing luck for 5th fl and got the drop 50 percent of the time.

All this is nothing though unless we get some good luck with skill ups

Jagernaut

5 days of running Sword of Flames expert without using stones and I got 11 MFKs. Just in today's 2x drop event I got another 6. I only need 3 skillups so hopefully 17 MFKs will do it.

Asturie

So I didn't realize how much xp pengdras gave. I've fed close to 30 probably into carbuncles. Should have paid more attention to first post. Also, why is everybody trying to farm flame knights? They don't seem that powerful to me.

linsivvi

So I didn't realize how much xp pengdras gave. I've fed close to 30 probably into carbuncles. Should have paid more attention to first post. Also, why is everybody trying to farm flame knights? They don't seem that powerful to me.

It has decent stats and is an orb changer, which when maximized only takes 5 turns to charge. Mono color teams are sitting ducks without the right color gems and so orb changers are essential members.

Jiraiza

The Mystic Flame Knights? They're good subs because they change Wood -> Fire orbs. Same goes for all the other knights.

Limit

I have noticed that on puzzledragonx Freyr is constantly one of the top most searched monsters. Anyone knows why that is? For a God monster she isn't particularly special. Is it because she is a common rare drop?

I have noticed that on puzzledragonx Freyr is constantly one of the top most searched monsters. Anyone knows why that is? For a God monster she isn't particularly special. Is it because she is a common rare drop?
Freyr is actually a dude. But anyway, he's like the fire version of Loki in this game, with basically the same skill (except for red instead of black) and leaderskill (except for red and Attacker instead of black and Devil). He also slots right into a Goemon team in Horus's place, since they have the same skill.

5788bf95-efc1-4574-94b7-9af4e85be6bf.jpg

How long would this team take on Valkyrie (Legend) with max Lucifer as a helper?

You might run into RCV problems with that team, especially once Valk gets below 40% and starts hitting in the 20k's.

Question: What do you guys run for Zeus usually?

Edit: Also, can someone toss up a SOD Luci?

Kreed

Freyr is actually a dude. But anyway, he's like the fire version of Loki in this game, with basically the same skill (except for red instead of black) and leaderskill (except for red and Attacker instead of black and Devil). He also slots right into a Goemon team in Horus's place, since they have the same skill.

Their skills aren't the same. Freyr/Flame Archer's skill multiplies Fire Attacks by 1.5 for two turns now after the update. Horus/Phoenix's skill gives all red orbs on the field a separate 6% multiplier, and the orbs don't lose that affect until they are cleared from the board.

The multipliers also work differently in terms of dealing the most damage. With Freyr's skill it's better to perform as many combos as possible to increase the damage dealt. Whereas with Horus' skill, the more orbs you clear in less combos, the more damage you will do (clearing 30 enhanced orbs in one combo = 280% damage).

And both skills stack together, so you'd actually want both skills on an all Fire Goemon team.

4Qy51Jxl.jpg

I'm slowly working towards something like this. I need to max skill Verche and it needs a LOT of levels. I would use Fuma Kotaro instead of Venus since his orb change is really useful, but my RCV would be really low, and RCV is pretty important on this team. For now I use Parvati instead of Thor and the Venus slot goes to someone with good stats.

Jagernaut

Really wish I could run Valk or Zeus this time around. i have two high level Hades, but don't think I can compile a team that can get the job done.

Have you looked at some sample teams for Valkyrie - Legendary?

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/The_Goddess_Descended!

I'm going to use Blue Noel/Hera-Is/Siren/Siegfried/Abyss Neptune or Water Mechwarrior with a Gabriel friend.

You can also beat Zeus with a Duke Vampire Lord/Hades/Hades/CDK/Echidna team with a high level Zeus friend if you are willing to spend some stones.

Yaari

Does anyone have a maxed SoD Lucifer? I am trying to fill up my remaining friendslots with Lucifers so that I can farm Goemon as much as needed next week.

360,045,207. I'll put mine up on Saturday aswell.

Musan

I've sent you an invite. I'll have him up during the goemon event.

Sorta related, now that my echidna has +99 RCV, what to feed my +rcv to now? I'm guessing Zaerog would be best bet, seeing as a healer team doesn't really needs more healing.

Have you looked at some sample teams for Valkyrie - Legendary?

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/The_Goddess_Descended!

I'm going to use Blue Noel/Hera-Is/Siren/Siegfried/Abyss Neptune or Water Mechwarrior with a Gabriel friend.

You can also beat Zeus with a Duke Vampire Lord/Hades/Hades/CDK/Echidna team with a high level Zeus friend if you are willing to spend some stones.

hm interesting, didn't see that one. I'll probably run my blue team with Gabe (lvl 91) then. I don't have Hera, so I might run Hades instead to get Gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom