• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

So I was like what the fuck ever and used my 15 stones for the Light Carnival.

Came out with a Dark Golem, Apollo, and Sylph.

Not bad I guess, was looking for a heart breaker like Apollo or Valkyrie. Really wished that Golem was a Light one though, damn you Gold Dragon!

How do you guys go about leveling up your light monsters? Do you just dump in other colors or wait for gold dragon and pendra dungeons?
I utilize Light Pengdras during the rare times they come around, but by far the majority of exp come from off-color Pengdras and Dragons. I also feed random Light monsters that drop, but only up to a point where the gold costs start to outweigh the exp gain. As for King and High Gold Dragons, I don't bother feeding them for exp. It's far more efficient to sell them. I once got 3 Gold Kings in a single run. That's almost 1 million gold in just 1 run.

Debating whether I should spring for more box space to hold onto all the crap I'll be farming up, or just screw it and attempt for skill-ups without the x2 modifier in effect.

Jagernaut

Debating whether I should spring for more box space to hold onto all the crap I'll be farming up, or just screw it and attempt for skill-ups without the x2 modifier in effect.

I have 10 mystic flame knights so far that I'm holding for a 2x skillup event and I also need to skillup Cu Chulain and Siegfried. Space may be a problem.

Yaari

Nice that we get Porings again. Hope I can evolve everything required, because the monsters from that dungeon give alot of exp, I don't want to waste on my unevolved Great Valkyrie.

Poring tower for two weeks? I might use my fire knights to try and get that last skill on Homura so that I have room... Definitely got to max skill valk, seig, and chu chu... Maybe Lilith if lots of that poring drop.

What else other than those four drop from those dungeons?

Poring tower for two weeks? I might use my fire knights to try and get that last skill on Homura so that I have room... Definitely got to max skill valk, seig, and chu chu... Maybe Lilith if lots of that poring drop.

What else other than those four drop from those dungeons?

Skill-up for golems, and kagu iirc.

Fed a fire knight by accident to homura... Got my last skill up.

What the hell am I going to do with nine mystic fire knights?
You only needed a single skillup and farmed 10 feeders? I guess you can skillup a second Homura. That's what I do once I have a max skilled orb changer. Start working on a second one.

You only needed a single skillup and farmed 10 feeders? I guess you can skillup a second Homura. That's what I do once I have a max skilled orb changer. Start working on a second one.

Originally I needed two skill ups, so I farmed 7 and fed 2. Got a skill up.

Today I got lucky and got five more. And the rest is as I said.

I might try feeding all of the rest into another. I've already got a pretty decent red team though.

J0dy77

It's possible that they tune the drop rate to be extra low and/or don't give us a Skill Up x2 event, so we'd fill our boxes.

I'm 100% thinking they tune the drop rates. I haven't gotten one mystic flame knight drop in the entire time it's been up. I haven't even seen one outside of the last stage.

Abandond

Glad I kept all those gold and metal dragons.

So I really hope they have a godfest with Valk in it during this light carnival. I really want to complete this Horus team and with poring tower up, I can actually get them all leveled up quickly.

Pacman2k

I'm 100% thinking they tune the drop rates. I haven't gotten one mystic flame knight drop in the entire time it's been up. I haven't even seen one outside of the last stage.

If this is the case then they do it per-person, because I am cleaning up. Averaging 1 knight per 4-5 runs at this point.

That's not AMAZING, but it's a shit ton better than what I usually see.

I'm not so sure they tune the drop rates. It may feel like that if you aren't spending stone to run it. I don't know about you, but when the knight dungeons came down in the past I would spend a stone or two to refill stamina and run it a bunch. If you are only using natural stamina, that may be why it feels worse.

Add to that the fact that the drop rates on these knight dungeons are shit anyways. It took me three events to max my ADK and CDK. I probably won't be that patient next time they come around. I'm anxious to build a really good Zaerog team.

J0dy77

If this is the case then they do it per-person, because I am cleaning up. Averaging 1 knight per 4-5 runs at this point.

That's not AMAZING, but it's a shit ton better than what I usually see.

I've run all of these enough to know what to expect. I'm over 15 runs without a drop now. But I agree it's probably just awful luck if others are having good luck. This is the first knight dungeon they put up for an extended period of time. Made sense to me that they might tune it down.

It's hard to bitch about the drop rates when the dungeon is around for 2 weeks. I have 8 stored up so far.
Yeah. I haven't spent a single stone this week, other than to expand my box space after the update. I have 7 Knights so far. I really prefer these extended special dungeon schedules, and they usually end in a 2x event for people who need that last chance to get that drop or skill-up. Heck just that single 2x day would be good enough for me. The first time the Naga dungeon came around, I max-skilled 3 Echidnas in that single day without any drop rate bonuses. I'm never doing that again.

I've run all of these enough to know what to expect. I'm over 15 runs without a drop now. But I agree it's probably just awful luck if others are having good luck. This is the first knight dungeon they put up for an extended period of time. Made sense to me that they might tune it down.
Yeah. RNG gonna RNG. I think I went like 9 runs without a drop, then I got a run with 2 drops and a separate +egg, followed by another run with a drop.

Ok 2/3 to max skil my existing homura.

I went 0/8 on trying to get any skill-ups on another mystic knight. Well I'm ready for poring, might try farming ocean of heaven this weekend.

Fuck I am having the worst writer's block for the new OT. All I got so far is an outline:
Code:
PUZZ TO THE DRA

Current Events

Information & Links
- Official links
- Useful websites
- Helpful utilities
+ GAF Friendslist
- Downloading/ Installing the game

About
- Puzzle
- Dragons
  -- Leaders
- Friends

Extended Tutorial
- The in-game tutorial barely encompasses what you can do so here it is
- Tutorial Roll
  -- magic stone uses/non-IAP/why/why not reroll
  -- what makes a good starter
  -- tier list
- How to reroll, maybe wait for godfest to reroll
- Menu Walkthrough
  -- EXP/stamina/rankup
  -- Special dungeons cause they often have special gimmicks, waste of stamina for brand new players
  -- Monster page info: types, stats, skill level, etc
  -- Edit team, team cost
  -- Fusion a product of monster type and level; random great/super for extra exp
  -- Evolution, transparent/translucent/opaque. Gain new leader skill, lose skill level iff
  -- PAL/REM rolls, event PAL stuff, PAL ususlaly gives shit, wait till godfest
  -- Friends, LV20 gift

Post 2

Beginner’s primer
- #1 goal: Pass COS
- Orb management 101 (being able to move orb anywhere super strategic)
- Team Building 101
- Good monsters to friend (Ama, Siren, Odin, Orochi
- Where to farm (material)

Expert’s Primer
- Pengdra cycle, metal dragons
- Important farmable monsters
- Cultivating friends
- + eggs, busty evolution
- Advanced orbing
- IAP Team
- Team Archetypes

Post 3?

The Rare Egg Machine	

Glossary?

I need a new subtitle too, but all I can think of are bleakly pessimistic ones mostly sourced from old quotes in the thread:
Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Sayonara fifty stamina
Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Well that was a bad idea.
Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| You can have it all... for a small price

So pretty much late game is all just about special dungeons?

Normal/Technical seems like it's only good for farming materials/magic stones and I'm not sure if it's worth spending stamina to go further.

(Running 16x teams up to Rhea-Themis Temple for normal and Shrine of Green Water for technical.)

ccbfan

Looks like I'm not going to reach my goal of 30 fire swordsman during these two weeks since poring tower take priority.

Looks like I'm gonna be spending some stones on space unless Gungho decides to be nice and give us 2x skill up soon. Luckily I just got my 200 day bonus.

So pretty much late game is all just about special dungeons?

Normal/Technical seems like it's only good for farming materials/magic stones and I'm not sure if it's worth spending stamina to go further.

(Running 16x teams up to Rhea-Themis Temple for normal and Shrine of Green Water for technical.)

GungHo recently actually dungeons where the bosses actually drop: Heavy Metal Dragon for Normal Dungeons and the Magic Ore Dragons for Technicals. NA hasn't gotten the latter yet but probably will late August. But yeah setting up teams to beat new Special and Descended Dungeons become the main draw of the end game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need a new subtitle too, but all I can think of are bleakly pessimistic ones mostly sourced from old quotes in the thread:

This made me laugh out loud. I've said this SO many times.

But there is the classic: Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| GungTrolled

Kyu

Neo Member
2x drop rate on MFK dungeon later today according to the PadGuide app. What do you think Gungho US will do now that they have 40k likes on FB? There was an event on 20k and giveaways on 30k.

StMeph

2x drop rate on MFK dungeon later today according to the PadGuide app. What do you think Gungho US will do now that they have 40k likes on FB? There was an event on 20k and giveaways on 30k.

Another reason/excuse for an event. The game needs frequent events to incentivize logins, especially for those who've hit a wall.

Hellraider

Damn my early game is nowhere as exciting as what you all guys are playing!
Anyways, got a +1 flamie, what do I do with it?And generally with + ones.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Stockholm Syndrome: The Mobile Game!
Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| The RNG has you

Raika

So Zeus, Goemon, Valk and Hera descends are coming up... No confidence to tackle any of those. I swear how is Horus cream of the crop when a double Horus team can't even tank a single hit from most of these bosses. :/

So Zeus, Goemon, Valk and Hera descends are coming up... No confidence to tackle any of those. I swear how is Horus cream of the crop when a double Horus team can't even tank a single hit from most of these bosses. :/

The key is that you never take a hit. The 16x damage boost gives you the opportunity to burst down the boss before it ever takes a turn. Which is why Echidna/Orochi are so important to glass cannon teams.

EDIT: Official event announcement
*Poring Power Summer Throwdown!!!*
[Duration]: 7/30 (Tue), midnight - 8/8 (Thu), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Looks like the Porings have brought some friends to help throwdown! Mighty mythical Monsters, charming little blobs, what more could you need for a perfect 10-day-long summer event?

Poring Tower
[Duration]: 7/29 (Mon), midnight - 8/11 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
It's time to max Skill your orb-changers and catch the mighty Mastering!

Zeus Descended!
[Duration]: 8/1 (Thu) midnight [12:00 AM] - 11:59 PM (PDT)
The father of gods has returned. Are you ready for him this time?

The Thief Descended!
[Duration]: 8/3 (Sat) midnight [12:00 AM] - 11:59 PM (PDT)
The legendary thief, Goemon, is ready to rumble! Don’t miss your chance to nab him.

The Goddess Descended!
[Duration]: 8/5 (Mon) midnight [12:00 AM] - 11:59 PM (PDT)
The Great Valkyrie is here to triumph over evil. If you're planning a Healer team, here's your Leader!

Hera Descended
[Duration]: 8/7 (Wed) midnight [12:00 AM] - 11:59 PM (PDT)
The ever-infamous Hera is back with a vengeance. Whether you need her for your team or you need her for Skill ups, this event Dungeon is not to be missed!

Daily Free Magic Stone
Magic Stones will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

Awesome Daily Bonuses

2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have special visits from the Super King Dragons - (including an invasion from one of the Jeweled Super Kings) and the Pengdra Village!]
2x Drops/1.5x Coins for special daily Dungeons
King Metal Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine
Fusion Bonus: Skill Up rate x2

[Stay tuned for more event info!]

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

ZeroAKA

Is it possible to take on some of the more difficult dungeons with Horus and just a team of non-REM monsters? I don't want spend money. :p

Musan

Is it possible to take on some of the more difficult dungeons with Horus and just a team of non-REM monsters? I don't want spend money. :p

If you have the right mix of monsters with high stats, I don't see why you can't at least take on hera. Would probably be safer to go odin/healer route.

My plan for the event is to farm hera and some goemon, pick up a zeus in case I want to feed my +189ish Zeus to a new God, and save stones hopefully for a Chinese God/metatron/egyptian god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom